• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Profiles Thread - Post Your Profile!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I would if I had a keyboard with 88 keys, but they're all gay with their 50 and less keys. >:O
Keyboards are pure crap. And if they aren't, they're expensive to the point that you may as well get a real piano instead (see the super fancy Roland models). I've pretty much played one keyboard I've ever -really- liked, and that was a couple years ago, and I'm not even sure if I would like it nowadays. I don't even like the feel of an average piano now.

Few keys is a problem, of course.
Sound quality can never actually be anything like that of a real piano. I've heard some really really good ones, but there will always be a limit on dynamics-- the softs can only be so soft and the louds can only be so loud.
And even the fancy top-end ones will change tone depending on how much force is applied to the key, but you can't control your tone on keyboards as well without having to change your volume.
On a real piano (of good quality), you can keep a clear, open tone by setting on the keys and pressing down with the right application of force rather than hitting them faster and harder-- not so with any type of keyboard.
Perhaps the worst problem is the feel of the keys, though (assuming the keyboard HAS 88 keys), is the fact that they don't FEEL like a piano at all. The closest I've felt to a real piano is a really top-end Roland keyboard, and for some reason, even with all the genius thought put into it, it still didn't feel right. The weight was accurate, it had really good imitative mechanics of an acoustic piano's action... I could go into some pretty great detail, but I don't honestly know how best to explain it all. It had a great release and recoil and behaved very much like a real action... but something about it.. I can't explain what.. just didn't feel right, as **** good as it truly was.

tl;dr---- Keyboards blow if you're a classically trained pianist. Tone quality, tone control, feel of keys, etc., to me, just aren't worth sacrificing to make fun beats and different sounds. But that's just me.

And yes, Mustafa, I DO know your post was a joke.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

And yes, Mustafa, I DO know your post was a joke.
But techno music is fun as evidenced by the huge popularity it has (Remember DJ Sammy and that Heaven song?). This includes some techno beats that I hate with a passion (that caramelldansen ****).

Let's not forget about techno remixes to popular songs (Christian Bale's Bale out as seen here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48 )

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'll keep practicing them Brett so when I can record me playing them I'm ready - btw lol yea those were just the songs so I could show you what they were, not me playing them. Also Metroid, how well can you play each piece as of now? I REALLY would want to see you play the Op. 23 No. 5 if you play it ON tempo. :O
I played both songs last year, I probably can't do it now haha. I was never able to do the one in G minor without making some sort of mistake; the slower part always screwed me over.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
@Brett: Amen. :D
@Bored: lol I like techno music, but I personally think it doesn't beat the structure of classical music and what's its done to history... not saying you think that but whatever lol :D
@metroid: PRACTICE PRACTICE! :O

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Am I eligible for posting my profile? >.>

My post count is low, but I know/have met many Ikes in rl, or I talk to them on aim, orrr I just spam their wall on aib... <.<

benaji261!

Smash Ace

My post count is low, but I know/have met many Ikes in rl, or I talk to them on aim, orrr I just spam their wall on aib... <.<
Just talk on the Ashu's thread for days. Post count will be up by no time. XD

ALSO: The French guy's profile on the first post doesn't have his picture. :O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
@Brett: Amen. :D
@Bored: lol I like techno music, but I personally think it doesn't beat the structure of classical music and what's its done to history... not saying you think that but whatever lol :D
@metroid: PRACTICE PRACTICE! :O
Oh I definitely agree with you there, Classical Music has way too much history and holds roots in many other genres to have no respect for it, but that doesn't change the fact it isn't has popular as it used to be.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Hopefully that wasn't sarcastic Bored... >:O

But eh they TRIED to put classical into modern music, like rap and that one song with Fur Elise... *gags* they failed.

Maybe techno and classical would work, but yea.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Just its you is all... no offense. :(

I don't know any better. D: I apologize.

MAKE A PROFILE BORED I DONT KNOW YOU THAT WELL :D

Akashi

Smash Lord
Meneil cannot post her profile for she knows nothing about Ike. Truefax

Me on the other hand... you saw that Ike vs. M2K pool match? Ya, that was me.

I invented Aether out of Tornado ('-'

benaji261!

Smash Ace

lolol wait... aren't you that snake player I played on the ladder at AiB? If you don't know what I'm talking about let me know. :I

Akashi

Smash Lord
lolol wait... aren't you that snake player I played on the ladder at AiB? If you don't know what I'm talking about let me know. :I
Yeah, I'm him :p. We talked for a good while on the AiB chat. I thoroughly know the MU by playing Kirk, Kim, Ryko, Watkins, and my gf (Meneil) a lot. I pretty much have the MU down to a science <_<. I also third Ike (behind C. Falcon) ;D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just its you is all... no offense. :(

I don't know any better. D: I apologize.

MAKE A PROFILE BORED I DONT KNOW YOU THAT WELL :D
I will once I get back home from college (Next Wednesday). I can take a pic of me. Unless you want a profile pic of me where some girls decided to turn my curly fro hair thing to azn straight.

Also Kimchi is SEXY
Please don't state lies in the Ike thread. We frown upon people who post details about Ike that are not true. Kimchi is an Ike main, which is true, but he is indeed not sexy.

On another note, I think Akashi should just post his profile on here LOL.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I will once I get back home from college (Next Wednesday). I can take a pic of me. Unless you want a profile pic of me where some girls decided to turn my curly fro hair thing to azn straight..

Well... why don't you put both? lol! Or at least what you look like right now... that'd be okay. ;O

On a side note I'm about to play RE4 again. I haven't played it in a long while and I'm bored so I'm gonna kick some zombie/las plagas ***.

metroid1117

Smash Master

Nah, you're good.

LIES!!! Get out of here, Akashi :mad:.

(j/k)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

I'm Ussi, which is my real nickname. I'm not one to reveal my name as it's already hard enough to say. However Bored is Paki giving him the ability to say it, so my name is Usmon (spelled differently than normal). I'm only 19 and in community college. Major is still undecided :dizzy: Oh i forgot, I'm 5' 10" and weigh 160 pounds.

When brawl first came out in Japan, I watched every brawl video i could find. Not only did I plan on using Ike (And Marth but when Marth's range was pathetically shorter than before i dropped him) but his FS was kickass and he had a sword and the best range i could see. However I was disappointed when Isaac, the person i had planned to main, didn't make it, I stuck with Ike as a main.

My first tournament was in April or so. First people I talked to were dmbrandon and Inui which inspired me to keep trying in brawl and get better. My 2nd tourney I met Silven and played him in losers, in which he defeated me, and gave me pointers with both Ike and Pikachu. he also told me to drop wifi as it showed how my timing was terrible since I never played offline in my life before.

I started out as a regular of the Ike boards and I became a well appreciated Ike player for ability to debate in MU discussions well. Despite my tourney results being mediocre I saw my skill was getting no where and made a rage quit of Ike and decided to switched to Pikachu for good. Then i started playing brawl a lot in Philly. I enjoyed my time playing the Philly brawlers. I then saw Brawl+ got into that then saw Ike's ground game was too slow for it. The BBrawl came and I liked that. But then I decided to drop Brawl cause I stopped having people to play in brawl cause it costed me a bit of money and time to play in Philly (2 hour travel round trip+ 10 dollars of gas and tolls).

9 months later I watch a brawl video.. look at it, turn on my wii with the brawl disc in it. Which made me want to attempt to come back to brawl. And here I am today. I'm probably gonna remain a Pikachu main with Ike as my strong 2ndary. BTW i have yet to return to the Pikachu boards XD I feel like my home is here. Besides I enjoy how I develop Pikachu on my own, unlike how I did it with Ike.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Holy **** o.O..... I come from Kashmir that's why. I'll edit my name in then
z.z...Wonder if Paki is still fighting India to own Kashmir LOL.

And yea, your name is easy to pronounce. I'm guessing you are Muslim unless you were adopted as a kid by some Christian folk.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
z.z...Wonder if Paki is still fighting India to own Kashmir LOL.

And yea, your name is easy to pronounce. I'm guessing you are Muslim unless you were adopted as a kid by some Christian folk.
Correct, I'm Muslim, one of the few (only?) Muslim smashers in existant

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Correct, I'm Muslim, one of the few (only?) Muslim smashers in existant
There's actually a really good Falco in Texas by the name of Ozz who is Muslim also. He's from Pakistan and lives in Houston. He generally places around 13th at the HOBO monthlies (out of 65 ppl that includes the likes of Germ, Dojo, Px, Razer, Hylian, etc.)

Other then that, I dunno any. Unless San's past lies in the African countries where Islam is a dominant religion, and his real name is something like Omar.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There's actually a really good Falco in Texas by the name of Ozz who is Muslim also. He's from Pakistan and lives in Houston. He generally places around 13th at the HOBO monthlies (out of 65 ppl that includes the likes of Germ, Dojo, Px, Razer, Hylian, etc.)

Other then that, I dunno any. Unless San's past lies in the African countries where Islam is a dominant religion, and his real name is something like Omar.
Geez and I thought i'd never run into another desi smasher let alone hear of another muslim smasher XD

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Dude, spam's ethnicity is definitely from that geographic region (I dont know where specifically) and he's one of the best brawl players you could come across on the east coast, granted he's long since stopped playing but he's still impeccable.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm going to post my own profile. From my post count it may seem a little premature, but check the join date... Yeah, I've been playing Ike since the day Brawl came out, and won't change that for anything even if I'm getting stomped by the guys I play with x_X

Name: Luke
Origins: South coast UK

I'm currently at University in London, studying Theoretical Physics, 3rd year of 4. I'm also a musician with my own band. I've been playing Electric & Acoustic Guitar for around 4 1/2 years now, and Bass Guitar for 5 1/2.

Various musics I am into at the moment include Coheed and Cambria (note the necklace, if you can make it out it's the Keywork), Storm Engine, Element Eighty, and ofc my own band, <shameless plug> The Eleven 37s. www.myspace.com/theeleven37s, we've released some new tracks the last few days, give it a listen! lol. </shameless plug>

I'm an Ike main because it is fun as hell. I've never had as much fun playing anyone else as I do playing Ike, even though he's not the greatest character. I'm currently trying very hard to get good enough to win the friendly tournaments we have at a local gaming club; safe to say, it's not going well, ha (even though I was actually the TO at the last one o_O). I'm starting to learn Falco, maybe for the terrible matchups, but meh.

Video games... All I can say is, PLAY OKAMI ON THE WII! Best game out for it so far, apart from Brawl. :p Other than that, Metroid Prime, 3D Zelda games, Fire Emblem (Ike! I actually tried this game because of him), Mario Galaxy, F-Zero GX, and some assorted PC games keep me busy.

No, I am not a stoner (actually, T-total :p).

Top Bottom