• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Vashimus

Smash Master
Werk it Shortie.

I've been approached by an agent before to do modeling and was like WTF. Took my email and a picture of me. Never really wanted that kind of exposure anyway, and I don't remember getting contacted back. lol

Last edited:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I've just returned from a two week holiday around Southeast Asia. Such an awesome and fascinating experience. Took heaps of photos and entered many temples across Malaysia and Thailand.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
in my past the logical choice for the meaning of life was to live to the fullest and I am to a degree ocd about being effective or productive. I filled my mouth with idk what maybe vodka till my checks were puffed out and swallowed hard all at once and i can't drink with most women. pretty sur ei,ll black out soon, so my thoughts were I should happy news for everyone

I love people, why trying to be a medic s I got everyone's back, what's the best way I can sevire people I care about?????// the general public I guess/.. real quick rush time got back

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
asked my teacher how im doing for the quarter, since im in the pre-graduate portfolio class
if i dont pass this class, i cant move onto my main portfolio class and cannot graduate on time

'youre doing fine. you have a lot of good character, creature, and environment work already. you'll be fine this quarter'

....................that is definitely a needed bit of reassurance

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
aaaand my galaxy note 10.1 came in the mail today

this is magical

its especially nice since the pen it came with was made using wacom tech...and wacom is the leading art tablet producer...so theres like..pressure sensitivity and i can draw stuff with ease

and the display rocks
im using it as a way to show off my work when i go to GDC next week
fingers crossed I WANT TO GET A JOB

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I'm currently taking Computer Graphics 2 which involves teaching us about programming realistic graphics into a game environment. Everything from mirrors to water to cell shading and so on. Over the semester we split up into groups to work on making a simple game that incorporates as many of these concepts as we can. I've been in charge of the shadows (HURR DURR) for over a month, and trying to wrap my head around this stuff has been way more tricky than it should've been. Most of it was just me trying to decypher my professor's notes. (He's a bit too smart imo, he struggles dumbing stuff down for students.)

Thursday I asked him a question I had with the programming and after he answered me, everything was suddenly so clear to me, and last night I was able to get this on the screen.

I'm way more proud of this than I should be lol.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to go to a school that teaches ANYTHING about computer graphics

My media degree only had 1 class on it

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
aaaand my galaxy note 10.1 came in the mail today

this is magical

its especially nice since the pen it came with was made using wacom tech...and wacom is the leading art tablet producer...so theres like..pressure sensitivity and i can draw stuff with ease

and the display rocks
im using it as a way to show off my work when i go to GDC next week
fingers crossed I WANT TO GET A JOB
I actually just got a Wacom drawing tablet! I'm learning how to draw and ****.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Criessssss GDC was amazing
If you want to go into game development GO THERE
It's just a giant week of networking and developer parties and fun times

Met so many developers, my personal heroes, new friends, etc

Plus went on some adventures with friends

Ugh I miss GDC

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Got to hang out with an old friend of mine from college, I really like spending time with her and she said she'd love to do it again soon so that was nice ^_^

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Criessssss GDC was amazing
If you want to go into game development GO THERE
It's just a giant week of networking and developer parties and fun times

Met so many developers, my personal heroes, new friends, etc

Plus went on some adventures with friends

Ugh I miss GDC
Several of my friends went to GDC as well, they all had an awesome time. I was thinking of trying to attend next year.

They're also going to go to ECGC next month, any plans on going to that?

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I know if you volunteer at ECGC (and they accept you) you basically get in for free. Still gotta pay for hotel and getting there and whatever, but still lol. Literally all of my friends who are going there are volunteers.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
There is going to be an Are you the one season 2. Best news I've heard all week ^_^

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
game developers conference
its all the fun of an industry event minus the gamers.

no screaming over games. no squealing about the newest game whatevers because OMG so much fanboying/girling. (there is squealing over tech tho because quixol released their new 3d bundle and epic released unreal 4 HOLY CRAP I WAS SO EXCITED)
just meeting with fellow developers, visiting company booths, testing the new technology (unreal 4 release party was HYPE!), going to parties, networking, and more.
no cosplay. no gamers. just developers.

it was a wonderful time and hard to explain because its nothing like E3 or PAX...its more like a business conference that just happens to be a meeting of nerds who make games for a living. the panels are for every part of the industry, from art to marketing to programming and more. theyre about making better games, selling yourself, being a successful indie dev, etc etc etc. companies have booths on the conference floor where you can talk with developers (i got a photo with Feng Zhu and Sparth...look em up. theyre GODS of concept art) or get a portfolio review or even a job interview, fun booths where you can test the latest tech or games (Valve's steam box group, goat simulator, oculus rift, unreal 4, cryengine, unity, and even the big asset creation folks like autodesk and adobe and wacom), indie booths with startups hoping to showcase their work, etc etc etc

its more about the process than the games themselves. and the parties. the parties are fun.

ill be uploading pictures to the las pictoras thread
minimal gdc stuff tho...more stuff from my EA visit (i have a friend who works there...got to visit his buddies at Waypoint (theyre working on Dawngate...just went into open beta!!!!!)) and our trip to the beach/santa cruz (student day at GDC isnt the best day for people with the main conference passes....so many student passes....so many students.....ahhhh)

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
It's also a great place to look for business opportunities, internships, and just making networking connections in general. My friend got in contact with someone there and was recently accepted for an internship in Cleveland this summer.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
ohhh!
i got an offer to be a back up instructor with them : o

they seem pretty cool
best of luck to him!

Last edited:

dr.neo

Smash Champion
There shouldn't be more unhappy posts than happy posts. That makes me unhappy, which makes me posting in the wrong thread, which would cause more posts in the unhappy thread, directly effecting my problem in the first place. Dang

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
After about a year, I found my 4x4 Rubik's Cube! I completely forgot how to solve it though.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
For the most part I'm done with the updating and re-tweaking of my resume. I'll start hunting for my second job pretty hard tomorrow.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I was lucky enough to find a ride to Bar Wars this weekend, haven't seen all my smash friends since Apex. I started running again since I live in the country now, and I've been eating much better.

I also became a moderator here. =D Rediscovered my love of SWF and I've wanted to mod since I first started using the boards. Super excited. It's been a good week. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

JoshCube2

Banned via Warnings
I was most happy when I saw that Chinese woman squishing that kitten with her shoe.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I was able to complete that Computer Graphics assignment of putting fur on the spider!

Wait a second...

Okay but honestly I have no idea why it's doing this lol. It's either preprocessor or an error with my FurMesh loader, but either way it'll be far too difficult for me to track down.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
boyfriend is a sweetheart and this was a good weekend

yugioh tournaments errrrday (i was not as excited as the rest of my group for this lol...didnt play in the regional but played and went 2-2 in the local. I AM CONTENT)
boyfriend and friends came over
i got some nice art done

life is actually okay

Gbay99

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gbay99
3DS FC
2638-1251-9805
Had a rough week, but I got though it, got plenty of work done, exercised a bit, and I'm finally eating healthy.

Top Bottom