• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Happy Cult (previously 'The EarthBounders')

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Half of all Lucas mains are Ness mains, too.

Your ranks could grow considerably if you only accepted the timid boy. Believe me, he's not the type to step on anyone's turf. I'm pretty sure Ness invited him.

As is, I'm considering joining T0mmy's robot/space army. He's waaaay cooler than all you Lucas haters.

Oh, and if anyone has the sense to accept Ness and Lucas as buddies, head over to the "Gaia Force (name pending)" thread on the Lucas boards.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Aevin, stay with the Ness players. It's not which cool crowd you hang out with, but fighting for your character X^)

Srsly, ally with the other young boys like Lucas, Toon Link, and Pit. Also, think about other kind-hearted, cute characters like Kirby.
And obviously people who aren't with you won't be against you, there are neutrals as well. I think Snake wouldn't care what Ness was doing, he has his own matters at hand.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Shame on all of you. Declaring war on an innocent, defenseless kid?

Look. You hurt his feelings.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Hey where did you get that pic of Lucas? That pic looks awesome.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Half of all Lucas mains are Ness mains, too.

Your ranks could grow considerably if you only accepted the timid boy. Believe me, he's not the type to step on anyone's turf. I'm pretty sure Ness invited him.

As is, I'm considering joining T0mmy's robot/space army. He's waaaay cooler than all you Lucas haters.

Oh, and if anyone has the sense to accept Ness and Lucas as buddies, head over to the "Gaia Force (name pending)" thread on the Lucas boards.
I just wanna say that I agree with all of this.

EB08

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna say that I agree with all of this.

EB08
To not make your own post, and simply agree with that of another is to conform to someone else instead of being an individual. That is what being a cultist is all about, conforming with no thought of you own...you are a perfect choice to stay here in our ranks.

Levitas

the moon
To not make your own post, and simply agree with that of another is to conform to someone else instead of being an individual. That is what being a cultist is all about, conforming with no thought of you own...you are a perfect choice to stay here in our ranks.
I would say that the real essence of cultism is a combination of mass conformity and an irrational worship of arcane icons.

Cultists we are. .era ew stsitluC

eulb eulb eulb.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Welcome to Moonside. Wecomel to Soonmide. Moonwel ot cosideme.

Okay, I'm giving the new sig 1 week, then I'm making it. I already have the layout planned. I just don't want to do the work.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i dont think Ness/Lucas have to fight just as long as everyone understands that Ness is pretty much better than Lucas as a character. The only things on Lucas that are better are run speed and MAYBE PK Fire.

Ness has better aerials all over, better pk thunder, better ground As...and their overall speed difference is minro

so yeah as long as we all understand that Ness is superior

personally, im seconding Lucas for the pk thunder variety

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Well....I can't blame Simna. He mained PKT for like the last 6 months in Melee.

Btw, I won't be posting for a while, I want my 2000th post to be perfect.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
i dont think Ness/Lucas have to fight just as long as everyone understands that Ness is pretty much better than Lucas as a character. The only things on Lucas that are better are run speed and MAYBE PK Fire.

Ness has better aerials all over, better pk thunder, better ground As...and their overall speed difference is minro

so yeah as long as we all understand that Ness is superior

personally, im seconding Lucas for the pk thunder variety
Quoted for win.

On youtube though most of the videos are of Lucas kicking Ness' butt. So maybe that is why people think Lucas is better.

I definitely agree Ness has better aerials and better ground attacks (especially FowardA). I think Ness' attack speed is faster overall than Lucas, Lucas seems more to be a slower-attack power hitter than anything. Even the grab department, if you're a skilled Ness player, you can benefit from better faster grabs, while Lucas has that awful post-lag with his snake grab.

Lucas' PK magnet and Upsmash is scary though. If Ness is going to fight Lucas, I suggest you don't use any PK powers on Lucas otherwise he'll PK magnet it. If you're going to play the A button game with Lucas, you'll have the advantage. If you're going to use PK powers on Lucas though, he'll heal too much then you'll be utterly destroyed.

I think Sakurai made the game where Ness is a good counter to Lucas... as long as you do not use B moves on him (with the exception of PK Thunder 2). Ness' high priority and speed of many of his A moves are the only thing that allow Ness to beat Lucas.

I don't think that Lucas PK fire is better than Ness', it's different. If it's Ness vs Lucas then Lucas wins in a PK fire match because he can outrange you. If it's Ness or Lucas vs anyone else, Ness PK fire is better for those who don't have PK magnet/shine/barrel thing which is most of the cast. I'd think Ness would destroy Ike, for instance with PK fire better than Lucas could with his.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Lucas's Upsmash is my favorite move. Every time he misses it, I cry tears of pure joy. Also, not using B moves is a stupid idea. Nobody suspects a point blank midair PK Fire, or a headblast PK Thunder. EVER.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Lucas's Upsmash is my favorite move. Every time he misses it, I cry tears of pure joy. Also, not using B moves is a stupid idea. Nobody suspects a point blank midair PK Fire, or a headblast PK Thunder. EVER.
QFT.
No matter how many times I pull a headblast PK Thunder, my friends are always like "Dude, WTF, you can do that?" Quite sad, really.

EB08

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I love it when people say "OMG, PKT2 IS SO PREDICTABLE, EASY TO AIRDODGE, LOLZ!" And then when I land it on them they're always like. "OMG, WTF I WAS SHIELDING, GAY!" or "WTF I AIRDODGED, GAY!" like you can shield or airdodge on a freaking dime.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
There's still nothing to factually prove that Ness is a better character. I'm not sure who I would consider to be superior based on stats, but they are VERY close either way.

It's just that Ness is safer to use while Lucas hits hard where it counts and has a projectile game that can be much more reliable.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Stuff strategies. Do what I do and shout out your attack such as "PK Fire!" every time you do it.
its a great distraction. I'm not weird right?

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Whatever. Even if Ness beats Lucas, that doesn't mean he's a better character. If Ness does well against Lucas, that doesn't mean he'll do well against numerous other characters Lucas is better suited for.

I think all this negativity is making the Ness boards an unfriendly place. I've seen few Lucas players antagonizing. All the hatred seems to be coming from this end. It's quite childish. The characters are very different, but have certain similarities which warrant comparison. Even if you don't believe that, you don't need to "declare war" on those who do.

There's a reason the only in-depth Brawl Ness guide on Smashboards is posted in the Lucas forums.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I would have rather posted it here, since there isn't a Ness guide right now. But I knew if I did, I would have been attacked by Lucas haters. Every thread I go into, people are being bluntly insulted and shot down for no reason. It's ridiculous, and I hate seeing one of my favorite character's boards being turned into such a tense place. I, for one, am afraid to post here because I know that if I do, the vicious Ademisk is going to come down on me with a vengeance. I'm a pacifist, I'd really rather avoid conflict if possible. In fact, I sometimes find myself at odds with the competitive nature of this game. But I love this character and wish I could enjoy his boards without being greeted with hatred.

If you're joking around, the joke is old and is upsetting people. If it's a joke, it should be that much easier to drop, right?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure this isn't the place to talk about Lucas, but about Ness. If you want to talk about Lucas, go to the Lucas boards, if you want to talk about Ness, come here. It's very simple. I don't honestly care if you post the guide here or not, as I plan to make my own. I don't see what your problem with the Ness boards is, the only things I've been on are people comparing Lucas and Ness because I find it stupid, and outright spam.

Also, I'll stop hating on Lucas users the day people stop comparing Ness to Lucas.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps in-depth Ness and Lucas comparison doesn't belong here. I consider it one of two logical places to post it. Easy answer--I'll post it in the other.

However, you tend to go on the attack at the mere mention of Lucas's name.

Your personality is just like your Ness. Overly offensive and missing some important things.

Top Bottom