• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
y man up??? i wouldn't risk it i would stay on top :laugh:
Are you kidding me? Being on top means you're the best (in this case, the best player in the crew). But if you're on top and decide not to put your spot on the line because you don't want to "risk it" then should you be deserving of the top spot to begin with? I know you think I'm bias being that I'm Candy's brother, but why don't you ask people who have seen both him and Korn play and have them tell you who they think is better...

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm just posting to say how much I appreciate all of the experience I got in MD/VA.

I went to CH3 and learned sooo much, I immediately went home and practiced it all. I'm in Texas now and entered my first tournament and did really well overall and even took out some great players. It REALLY means a lot to me to know I can come to MD/VA and if I'm not an idiot and pay attention, I can learn a ton. Going OOS and doing really well in a region is an amazing feeling. Good **** MD/VA.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I don't believe that at all. In fact, I hardly believe any of the tier lists I see. They're all BS in my opinion, and they shouldn't be based on what a person at a tournament wins with. And I don't see how Falco is top tier either. IMO, he's a piece of crap, and Fox is still amazing.

Either way, tier lists should be made after careful observation that DOES not include who wins at a tournament. For example, a character shouldn't be classified as low tier if all the tournaments that character does not win. Why? For all we know, the people that used those characters were ********. Making observations from tourneys is ridiculous.

IMO, my word is the best.

/sarcasm mixed with truth ftw

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, I wish I could warn people for being ********.

That only seems to end in pain and misery for everyone.

/sigh

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't believe that at all. In fact, I hardly believe any of the tier lists I see. They're all BS in my opinion, and they shouldn't be based on what a person at a tournament wins with. And I don't see how Falco is top tier either. IMO, he's a piece of crap, and Fox is still amazing.

Either way, tier lists should be made after careful observation that DOES not include who wins at a tournament. For example, a character shouldn't be classified as low tier if all the tournaments that character does not win. Why? For all we know, the people that used those characters were ********. Making observations from tourneys is ridiculous.

IMO, my word is the best.

/sarcasm mixed with truth ftw

Why do you think Snake is winning? Why do you think Metaknight does as well? Why do you think Yoshi isn't placing AT ALL?

Hmmm, probably because that character is bad? Oh wait, our Yoshi messiah isn't here yet...

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Why do you think Snake is winning? Why do you think Metaknight does as well? Why do you think Yoshi isn't placing AT ALL?

Hmmm, probably because that character is bad? Oh wait, our Yoshi messiah isn't here yet...
Yoshi places. Karamity took 2nd with him at a Japan major. I placed 7th in nyc with him. Only reason why I haven't placed higher yet is because of not knowing match ups well. He also doesn't place often because everyone is so caught up with other characters being considered high tier that he is instantly neglected and not played.

And I am your Yoshi messiah.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Can't its a school night lololol. Who has a freaking major tourn on a Sunday during the school year. BOOOOooo

Served

Smash Rookie
High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach
Worst part of a tier list I have ever seen.

Kirby,Pit, Lucario, Ice climbers, Wolf and Peach should all be moved down.

Diddy kong, Pikachu, Olimar and TL should be movede up.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord

I'm not saying that it's all bull. I KNOW Snake is good. And I'm sorry, but Yoshi is the worst character out of anything. That's just common sense right off the bat. What I AM saying is that some characters shouldn't be judged because ******* play as them. How are we going to figure out a character is really good unless they're overused and we find things out about them? Understand my pov?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I understand. But they don't ignore said characters just because. Intelligent players know those characters aren't good FOR WINNING, you may surprise someone with the "surprise effect" (or whatever it is called), but eventually they'll find a way to handle them (or not).

I just don't believe that after 5 months almost no one figured out how to use Yoshi (for example) and make it Top 3 in tournaments. Either he has some superspecialz hidden power, or the character is plain bad.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I like where Luigi is on this tier list. Right at the top of mid, behind Olimar, where he should be. I found Luigi's air game was nerfed ( d-air and f-air were nerfed bad) but his ground game has improved, his B moves are most useful and his recovery is better. I like where he is.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I am not going to sit here and say that Yoshi is higher tier cause he certainly isn't. Yoshi however has definately way better match ups than these characters and I am almost positive places much higher than any of these as well. I have been to one tourney every weekend since brawl has came out and not once have I seen any of these characters do better than Yoshi.

Ike
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Sonic
Link
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

chillindude829

Smash Master
roflmfao @ yoshi being better than ike. pride ive played you, your yoshi is... a yoshi. nothing special. please stop arguing that a bottom tier character should be a couple spots higher, the point is he sucks.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I agree with Pride on this. Idk **** about Yoshi, but while the bottom tiers shouldn't be worried about as much as the top tiers, if there is evidence that a bottom tier character should be higher than other bottom tiers, might as well change it for accuracy.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Alright I am done here. And my Yoshi totally took your last two stocks from you in crews. Id love to see any of the other characters that I listed do that.

roflmfao @ yoshi being better than ike. pride ive played you, your yoshi is... a yoshi. nothing special. please stop arguing that a bottom tier character should be a couple spots higher, the point is he sucks.
This post just proves how "Real" this list is.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Ike vs Yoshi MM $10?

And I specifically stated in the first post that the lower tiers are less accurate. It's funny that people are assuming we actually think we got the character rankings 100% correct. No one can do that, especially not 5 months after the game came out, but our rankings are pretty much as accurate as a tier list can be at this point.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I have been to one tourney every weekend since brawl has came out and not once have I seen any of these characters do better than Yoshi.

Ike
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Sonic
Link
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
That would be because very few people play any of those characters. They probably aren't ALL better then Yoshi but some of them definetely are. Not to mention you're blatantly lying because at the last Montage tournament Blue placed higher then you using Sonic and you were outplaced by a number of people in the no high tier tournament at Rutgers.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Ok i'll take your 10$ MM vs my Yoshi. I should be at XESTICLE. CH4 maybe not because it is on a Sunday.

And just so you know chillen, I am not hating on you. I am hating on your list... At least the bottom portion of it even if low tiers are somewhat insignificant.

See you there =)

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I propose that GaW should be moved to the bottom of mid tier on the account that he didn't place top 10 at CH3 and we all know MD/Va is better than everyone with any character.

Top Bottom