• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Smash Census - SURVEY NOW LIVE!

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone!

I have set up the Smash Census survey using google docs - thanks again to everyone who provided feedback on the survey questions. I did not incorporate everyone's ideas, but I used a lot of them and I think we will have some very interesting results to analyze.

To take the survey, please click the link below:

TAKE THE SMASH CENSUS SURVEY

Click here to view preliminary results

Once we have enough results, I will share the results summary page which is generated through google docs. It will look something like this:

[Note: Example only]

In addition, I will be doing a more detailed analysis with cross-tabs, and I will provide those results as well. That won't be until the response rate comes way down, however.

Stay tuned, the results should prove to be interesting! This will tell us a great deal about the population of Smashboards people.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Reznor

work in progress
didn't realize that Luigi's mansion is my favorite brawl stage until I took this survey

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Filled it out, hopefully plenty of people go ahead and do the same so we can get a decent representation.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Loved the Census, was fun, gave me a bit of perspective.
Especially liked that questions are usually in the clear cut operative, little vagueness on time and a wealth of responses.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What the heck character is asd in smash 64. Not to mention shiek is an option for smash 64

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I didn't really like the way the answers were structured in a lot of the questions and felt like I couldn't really give a complete answer to some of those questions, but I did take the survey anyway.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Took it! Can't wait t see those results. Though asking people to rate their own skill level is a little iffy.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I will say that in the end there was an option if you wanted L canceling/wavedashing in, but you could only select just l canceling or both or neither. Kinda bothered me as the option for just wavedashing didnt exist.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Finished. That was interesting, nicely done.

I can't wait to see the results.
I'm particularly interested in a certain question.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You should post this in Melee/Brawl general. The only reason I saw and clicked was because someone recently posted, otherwise I would've never saw it and participated. It's a great idea though and should be spread toward those communities as well.

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
I will say that in the end there was an option if you wanted L canceling/wavedashing in, but you could only select just l canceling or both or neither. Kinda bothered me as the option for just wavedashing didnt exist.
Hmm - actually the question you refer to has the following options:

Yes - wave dashing
Yes - l canceling
Both
Neither
I don't care

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
You should post this in Melee/Brawl general. The only reason I saw and clicked was because someone recently posted, otherwise I would've never saw it and participated. It's a great idea though and should be spread toward those communities as well.
Good idea - done.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
you didn't put the wiimote alone for the brawl controllers, lol.

my friend would probably be upset at that, he uses one so he can be the best wiimote player. lol

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
you didn't put the wiimote alone for the brawl controllers, lol.

my friend would probably be upset at that, he uses one so he can be the best wiimote player. lol

I too used to use only the Wiimote (no longer use it because my brother broke my Wii with Brawl inside it...) but for the lack of option I had to go with Wiimote and Nunchuk, even though it doesn't bother me all that much.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
so does any one want to try and predict what some of the results will be

I bet most people want both back :glare:
I won't be one of them. WDing never made sense to me from a logical standpoint.[Being able to >air< dodge >before< you're in the air in order to slide along the ground? I get that this is a fantasy fighter, but...]

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
I have a number of hypotheses...I look forward to doing the cross-tab analysis.

Will post 1-dimensional results soon. I am traveling right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes! The "I don't cares" won out in the Wavedash L-canceling question. That makes me happy.

Reznor

work in progress
wow most people who voted have never been to a tournament :confused:

Top Bottom