• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Daitoryo was inspired by Napoleon, but the two are extremely different.

Due to the differences, Daitoryo is fully owned by Nintendo by parody law. So he's a Nintendo character that's based off of a real person.

The fact that Daitoryo means president is actually a misconception on the part of the creator. He thought Napoleon himself was a president. However, it now basically just means that the cards are of "presidential" quality.
The same applies to Dr. Wright and Dr. Kawashima. But people keep insisting that these characters cannot be in Smash because they are based on real life people.

Mii Fighters say hi.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The same applies to Dr. Wright and Dr. Kawashima. But people keep insisting that these characters cannot be in Smash because they are based on real life people.

Mii Fighters say hi.
I don't know much about Dr. Wright, but Kawashima is an interesting case. In Brain Age, they are outright using Dr. Kawashima's research and working with him on the game. Because of that, I'm not sure how much Nintendo owns vs how much they were allowed to use. The image of Dr. Kawashima in-game may be owned by Nintendo...but it may not be. So it's weird. (It's different for Miis because those do fit the parody laws. Liincoln is an image of a highly recognized person in Mii form. So it's legal. Same with all the others they showed.)

Also, @ Opossum Opossum I vote give Rayman a grave.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I think the Digital Event comment from Link to Toon Link "Hey! They promised me you wouldn't be here!" was a playful suggestion that Toon Link was planned to be cut but was added either forcibly to promote WW HD or as roster filler either to up the count or taking place of someone new cut in developement. That being said, I think the Alfonzo thing is a one off and it's very unlikely we will see another switch-a-roo situation.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I think the Digital Event comment from Link to Toon Link "Hey! They promised me you wouldn't be here!" was a playful suggestion that Toon Link was planned to be cut but was added either forcibly to promote WW HD or as roster filler either to up the count or taking place of someone new cut in developement. That being said, I think the Alfonzo thing is a one off and it's very unlikely we will see another switch-a-roo situation.
I doubt this because many have stated that Sakurai firmly believes that two Links are essentials for the Smash series. I have no source for this (I tried but no dice). It was also stated that the full roster was decided at once and no one was cut in development (Presumably, a few were added in development alongside Lucina)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I doubt this because many have stated that Sakurai firmly believes that two Links are essentials for the Smash series. I have no source for this (I tried but no dice). It was also stated that the full roster was decided at once and no one was cut in development (Presumably, a few were added in development alongside Lucina)
According to Sakurai, early on, he stated that they had not cut any planned characters due to "hardware constraints." Nothing saying they couldn't have cut characters later, just that no planned characters were cut at the time (also keep in mind, they might've cut some characters outright and not even considered bringing them back, though I doubt anyone who's name isn't Ivysaur and Squirtle would've had such an issue; Snake was undoubtedly considered even if they couldn't bring him back due to legal issues).

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I vote Yes to Rayman's grave, Him getting a trophy was weird yeah, and maybe this could be like a Phosphora thing where he's also an Assist Trophy, but there wasn't any beating around the bush, Here's a Trophy of Rayman, he's a nice trophy done.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
According to Sakurai, early on, he stated that they had not cut any planned characters due to "hardware constraints." Nothing saying they couldn't have cut characters later, just that no planned characters were cut at the time (also keep in mind, they might've cut some characters outright and not even considered bringing them back, though I doubt anyone who's name isn't Ivysaur and Squirtle would've had such an issue; Snake was undoubtedly considered even if they couldn't bring him back due to legal issues).
I don't think it is possible they could have had a single character in a game they did not even consider bringing back. Particularly with sakurai who does not want to disappoint the fans of each character, not even putting a thought to it does not register as an option to me, where as he considers hundreds of new character options?

No, of course he DEEPLY considers bringing back every character, whether or not he actually believes he is likely to actually follow suit with bringing them back, is another statement.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Magnus was seen as an assist trophy. @ Opossum Opossum

So he's disconfirmed, RIP :c
We knew this already, but thanks for the pic! Now I can write him a memorial post. :laugh:

Also, with the votes tallied, Ramone will stay in the grave.

ALSO I JUST FINISHED MAGNUS' ENTRY.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So it looks like Ramone is doomed to wander the Land of the Livid Dead, bonding with Wonder Red and listening to Crum howling furiously at Falcon.

Such a sad fate. :(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So it looks like Ramone is doomed to wander the Land of the Livid Dead, bonding with Wonder Red and listening to Crum howling furiously at Falcon.

Such a sad fate. :(
It could be worse. At least at this point in the game, Man-Ray has a lot of company in the graveyard. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Any noteworthy characters who were deconfirmed at SDCC? Did they even announce any characters or not?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I suppose we won't be burying Chunky Kong anytime soon.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Shadow the Hedgehog was confirmed as an assist trophy again today. It was shown on the Spirit Tracks stage during a FFA.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I vote grave for Rayman too

"In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shadow the Hedgehog was confirmed as an assist trophy again today. It was shown on the Spirit Tracks stage during a FFA.
We already had him in the ground because of E3 showing the same thing. Same with Magnus. :p

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I didn't watch the entire stream, was somebody else disconfirmed, or have we seen the day where nobody died? (Yes, I would've voted Rayman as dead too)
I'm not sure if they were already listed, but we saw Inkay, Darkrai, Victini, and Entei as Pokeball Pokemon.
Victini and Entei were deconfirmed during the Smash Direct.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think we can safely bury Rayman now. If he was playable do you really think UbiSoft would be happy with such an unceremonious reveal?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, time to drum up some volunteers. I need help getting a lot of these obituaries. Any volunteers to take some of the empty ones in the OP?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nabbit
Lakitu
Koffing
Genesect
Zapdos
Doc Louis
Kamek
Orne
Zoroark
Shadow
Deoxys
Darkrai
Chespin
Reaper
Kyurem
Brittany
Kalimba Tiki
Dr. Wright
Koopa Troopa
Snorlax
Bullet Bill
Mimicutie
Staryu
Gogoat
Mew
Lyn
Phantom Zelda
Petilil
Cheep-Cheep

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Nabbit
Lakitu
Koffing
Genesect
Zapdos
Doc Louis
Kamek
Orne
Zoroark
Shadow
Deoxys
Darkrai
Chespin
Reaper
Kyurem
Brittany
Kalimba Tiki
Dr. Wright
Koopa Troopa
Snorlax
Bullet Bill
Mimicutie
Staryu
Gogoat
Mew
Lyn
Phantom Zelda
Petilil
Cheep-Cheep
I know that a couple people will be interested in some of these. I'll do Kamek, Mew, and Orne for starters, though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Since I got to him first, I'll get the basic outline there and you can take it from there, changing it as you see fit. That fair?
Seems fair. =w=

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Nabbit
Lakitu
Koffing
Genesect
Zapdos
Doc Louis
Kamek
Orne
Zoroark
Shadow
Deoxys
Darkrai
Chespin
Reaper
Kyurem
Brittany
Kalimba Tiki
Dr. Wright
Koopa Troopa
Snorlax
Bullet Bill
Mimicutie
Staryu
Gogoat
Mew
Lyn
Phantom Zelda
Petilil
Cheep-Cheep
When Doc Louis and Shadow the Hedgehog get deconfirmed, Groose is in charge of writing their obituaries. Groose: "Leave it to me!"

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Okay, time to drum up some volunteers. I need help getting a lot of these obituaries. Any volunteers to take some of the empty ones in the OP?
I guess I'll be claiming Genesect (I actually kind of wanted it ;n; ) and Cheep-Cheep

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nabbit
Lakitu
Koffing
Genesect
Zapdos
Doc Louis
Kamek
Orne
Zoroark
Shadow
Deoxys
Darkrai
Chespin
Reaper
Kyurem
Brittany
Kalimba Tiki
Dr. Wright
Koopa Troopa
Snorlax
Bullet Bill
Mimicutie
Staryu
Gogoat
Mew
Lyn
Phantom Zelda
Petilil
Cheep-Cheep
Again, I finished the Petilil one. I added the dates and everything.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Seems fair. =w=
How's this? I think I did a good job on it.
Kamek, the Evil Magikoopa

Series: Yoshi/Mario
Debut Game: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)
Disconfirmation: June 2, 2014 Pic of the Day (Quote)
Role: Stage Element on New Super Mario Bros. U Stage (Wii U)

"Welcome!! Now, Yoshi, my lamb, if you would be a dear and please HAND OVER THE BABY!"

Kamek is the caretaker of Baby Bowser and Main antagonist of the Yoshi's Island games and the adviser/right hand man of Bowser and a high-ranking member of the Koopa Troop in the Mario series. His hobbies include kidnapping babies, powering up bosses, fighting Yoshis, warping stages, and reading novels in his library. He is the leader of the Magikoopas and is highly proficient in magic.

For the majority of Super Smash Bros. 4 speculation, Kamek was regarded as the most plausible second representative of the Yoshi series. Although he was never considered particularly likely on these boards, he did have his fair share of fans that were rooting for him as a playable character.

Kamek's confirmation as a stage element unfortunately means he's not going to be a playable character this time around. It's not all bad news, though! In Brawl, he was represented only as two stickers. This time, he got a significantly more respectable role as a stage element. If his roles keep increasing, who knows? Maybe we'll get to see him and his ugly mug playable in the next Smash game.

"How DARE you?! It's just not right... You big, green meanie... One of these days... I'll be back... You just wait and see!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom