• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Genesect:

Debut Game: Pokemon B2/W2 (Event released 8/7/2014)
Deconfirmed at: E3 2014 Demo (June 11th)
Role: Pokeball summon

Genesect is a bug/steel legendary Pokemon - the first bug type legendary, at that. In the games there have been multiple events including one for a level 15 Genesect early on in B2/W2 and a Japan-exclusive Genesect with the special moves Blaze Kick, Extremespeed and Shift Gear, as well as its signature move Techno Blast. However, it is more known in the competitive Pokemon as being a very powerful and versatile pokemon with its great power, good defences and only 1 weakness. It does suffer from slightly below average speed, but that can be fixed with either the use of a choice scarf or the aforementioned Shift Gear.

In Smash 4, while it was a popular candidate for a 5th gen rep (the other main choice being Zoroark who has also since been deconfirmed) makes its Smash Debut as a pokeball or master ball summon. Although it is notable for being very powerful in the role it's been given: Its attack pattern consists of firing 2 small lasers then 1 large laser, presumably Techno Blast, the latter laser having enough power to KO at medium percentages and having a large range to boot. It then repeats this combo, before disappearing. Who knows, though: Maybe in the next game if it has enough popularity it could get promoted as Charizard or Little Mac did from the pokeball or assist trophy role respectively.
By the way, can somebody point me to a screenshot with Cheep-Cheep in it? I can't seem to find any :x

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Genesect:

Debut Game: Pokemon B2/W2 (Event released 8/7/2014)
Deconfirmed at: E3 2014 Demo (June 11th)
Role: Pokeball summon

Genesect is a bug/steel legendary Pokemon - the first bug type legendary, at that. In the games there have been multiple events including one for a level 15 Genesect early on in B2/W2 and a Japan-exclusive Genesect with the special moves Blaze Kick, Extremespeed and Shift Gear, as well as its signature move Techno Blast. However, it is more known in the competitive Pokemon as being a very powerful and versatile pokemon with its great power, good defences and only 1 weakness. It does suffer from slightly below average speed, but that can be fixed with either the use of a choice scarf or the aforementioned Shift Gear.

In Smash 4, while it was a popular candidate for a 5th gen rep (the other main choice being Zoroark who has also since been deconfirmed) makes its Smash Debut as a pokeball or master ball summon. Although it is notable for being very powerful in the role it's been given: Its attack pattern consists of firing 2 small lasers then 1 large laser, presumably Techno Blast, the latter laser having enough power to KO at medium percentages and having a large range to boot. It then repeats this combo, before disappearing. Who knows, though: Maybe in the next game if it has enough popularity it could get promoted as Charizard or Little Mac did from the pokeball or assist trophy role respectively.
By the way, can somebody point me to a screenshot with Cheep-Cheep in it? I can't seem to find any :x
Cheep-Cheep was in the one shot of the trophy horde.

Again, I finished the Petilil one. I added the dates and everything.
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Any chance you can post it again? Sorry.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Petilil
Debut: Pokemon Black/White 2010
Confirmed as Smash Run Foe: June 11th 2014

The Bulb Pokémon. This grass type was introduced in Generation V or the Black/White Era. She is one of the few Pokémon to belong to one gender (in this case female) nad evolves into Lilligant when exposed to a Sun Stone. Curiously she appears as an enemy in Smash Run, a role usually reserved for more "villainous" Pokemon. She acts as a more mobile Belossom, scattering Sleep Powder to leave Smashers venerable.​
Replying to repost.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If no one wants it, I can do the Snorlax one. :3

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep Cheep Smash Bros.png

Cheep-Cheep
Debut Game: Super Mario Bros (1985)
Deconfirmed: During the E3 2014 3DS trailer (6/11/2014)
Role: Trophy

Cheep-Cheep is a classic Mario enemy that has been around as long as the Koopa King himself. It generally serves the purpose of either jumping straight up to make platforming challenges more difficult, or as the most frequently appearing enemy in water levels. Also, they appear to have wings for some reason. Cheep-Cheep seems to appear in Smash Bros as a trophy, though as with Phosphora it could serve a larger purpose than simply that.
Maybe.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mew, the New Species Pokemon

Series: Pokemon
Debut: Pokemon Red and Blue (1996)
Disconfirmation: April 8, 2014, Super Smash Bros. Direct
Role: Pokeball Pokemon

"So rare that it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. Only a few people have seen it worldwide."

Mew is a Pokemon beloved by many. #151 in Pokedex order, this Pokemon is the ancestor of them all, with the unique ability to learn any TM, HM, or Move Tutor move (except those exclusive to specific Pokemon). Mew is an extremely rare Pokemon that can only be obtained by use of special events. Mew has a particularly interesting history with Pokemon. In Pokemon Red, Blue, and Green, Mew was programmed into the game by Shigeki Morimoto without even Nintendo knowing about it. While this is normally highly frowned upon, Mew was received incredibly well. See, word of mouth had spread that many Pokemon were hidden in the game that were actually not (Mewthree and Pikablue being the most notorious examples). Imagine everyone's surprise when one of these mythical Pokemon proved to actually be in the game! It lead to an increase of sales and is noted as a major reason for Pokemon's success in Japan.

Mew also has a long history with the Super Smash Bros. series, being a Pokeball Pokemon in every game since the original. While there were some people rooting for Mew's playability, most people were unsurprised when it proved to be a Pokeball summon yet again.
"It makes me happy being with you!"

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
By the way, Opossum, I have yet to see you updated the OP with this list I've posted in several weeks ago!

Obituary Pending
ASSIST TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Dr. Wright
April 8 2014 - Lyn
June 10 2014 - Shadow 4:36
June 11 2014 - Magnus (kid icarus)​
POKE BALL POKEMON
April 8 2014 - Chespin
April 8 2014 - Darkrai
April 8 2014 - Deoxys
April 8 2014 - Gogoat
April 8 2014 - Kyurem
April 8 2014 - Snorlax
April 8 2014 - Staryu
April 8 2014 - Zoroark​
ITEMS AND TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Bullet Bill
May 14 2014 - Brittany
July 14 2014 - Rayman​
SMASH RUN ENEMIES
April 8 2014 - Lakitu
April 8 2014 - Mimicutie
April 8 2014 - Magikoopa
April 8 2014 - Reaper
May 1 2014 - Orne
June 11 2014 - Koffing
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Paratroopa
Tiki Buzz​
MOVES
December 26 2014 - Phantom Zelda (confirmed as Zelda's move on June 10)​
OTHERS
February 13 2014 - Doc Louis​
STAGE HAZARDS/STAGE ELEMENTS
June 26 2014 - Nabbit
July 25 2014 - Zapdos​

Not in OP yet:
Kamek done by Pacack (here)
Cheepcheep done by TitanTeaTime (here)
Mew done by Pacack (here)

Hopefully I haven't missed anything...

Also it appears that Petitil is in wrong category in OP, it's meant for SMASH RUN, not POKEBALL.

Not sure if this is good idea, but I want to add " More enemies that never had a chance . . . " on the bottom of others in SMASH RUN spoiler section. What do you think?

EDIT: removed Chrom as it's already done by Opossum

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
How's this? I think I did a good job on it.
Kamek, the Evil Magikoopa

Series: Yoshi/Mario
Debut Game: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)
Disconfirmation: June 2, 2014 Pic of the Day (Quote)
Role: Stage Element on New Super Mario Bros. U Stage (Wii U)

"Welcome!! Now, Yoshi, my lamb, if you would be a dear and please HAND OVER THE BABY!"

Kamek is the caretaker of Baby Bowser and Main antagonist of the Yoshi's Island games and the adviser/right hand man of Bowser and a high-ranking member of the Koopa Troop in the Mario series. His hobbies include kidnapping babies, powering up bosses, fighting Yoshis, warping stages, and reading novels in his library. He is the leader of the Magikoopas and is highly proficient in magic.

For the majority of Super Smash Bros. 4 speculation, Kamek was regarded as the most plausible second representative of the Yoshi series. Although he was never considered particularly likely on these boards, he did have his fair share of fans that were rooting for him as a playable character.

Kamek's confirmation as a stage element unfortunately means he's not going to be a playable character this time around. It's not all bad news, though! In Brawl, he was represented only as two stickers. This time, he got a significantly more respectable role as a stage element. If his roles keep increasing, who knows? Maybe we'll get to see him and his ugly mug playable in the next Smash game.

"How DARE you?! It's just not right... You big, green meanie... One of these days... I'll be back... You just wait and see!"
I think it's perfect! No need to change! ^-^

D

Deleted member

What's with the yellow colored graves on the picture? Is that supposed to signify something?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's with the yellow colored graves on the picture? Is that supposed to signify something?
Generally, they're "deaths" that were for highly anticipated or expected characters, making their disconfirmation even more notable than others. Hence, it's used for the likes of Pokemon Trainer, Chrom, and Toad.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Generally, they're "deaths" that were for highly anticipated or expected characters, making their disconfirmation even more notable than others. Hence, it's used for the likes of Pokemon Trainer, Chrom, and Toad.
I vote to give the Pokemon Trainer a grave, if he has not been confirmed to be planted underground. I say this because Sakurai said there will be no Transformation characters which was the only thing that Pokemon Trainer could do.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I was just checking to make sure that Pokemon Trainer was buried. His tombstone was yellow so I thought he was not officially buried yet.
The yellow tombstone just indicates a veteran or major contender being disconfirmed. For example, lots and lots of people were expecting Chrom so he gets a yellow gravestone and the Pokemon Trainer is the first veteran to pretty much get disconfirmed so he gets one too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
By the way, Opossum, I have yet to see you updated the OP with this list I've posted in several weeks ago!

Obituary Pending
ASSIST TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Dr. Wright
April 8 2014 - Lyn
June 10 2014 - Shadow 4:36
June 11 2014 - Magnus (kid icarus)​
POKE BALL POKEMON
April 8 2014 - Chespin
April 8 2014 - Darkrai
April 8 2014 - Deoxys
April 8 2014 - Gogoat
April 8 2014 - Kyurem
April 8 2014 - Snorlax
April 8 2014 - Staryu
April 8 2014 - Zoroark​
ITEMS AND TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Bullet Bill
May 14 2014 - Brittany
July 14 2014 - Rayman​
SMASH RUN ENEMIES
April 8 2014 - Lakitu
April 8 2014 - Mimicutie
April 8 2014 - Magikoopa
April 8 2014 - Reaper
May 1 2014 - Orne
June 11 2014 - Koffing
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Paratroopa
Tiki Buzz​
MOVES
December 26 2014 - Phantom Zelda (confirmed as Zelda's move on June 10)​
OTHERS
February 13 2014 - Doc Louis​
STAGE HAZARDS/STAGE ELEMENTS
June 26 2014 - Nabbit
July 25 2014 - Zapdos​

Not in OP yet:
Kamek done by Pacack (here)
Cheepcheep done by TitanTeaTime (here)
Mew done by Pacack (here)

Hopefully I haven't missed anything...

Also it appears that Petitil is in wrong category in OP, it's meant for SMASH RUN, not POKEBALL.

Not sure if this is good idea, but I want to add " More enemies that never had a chance . . . " on the bottom of others in SMASH RUN spoiler section. What do you think?

EDIT: removed Chrom as it's already done by Opossum
Wait, what? when did we see Zapdos?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'll be happy to write an obituary for Lyn, as I was a proud supporter of her pre-April Direct. I'll start writing it as soon as possible.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Shadow the Hedgehog, The Ultimate Lifeform

Series: Sonic The Hedgehog
Debut: Sonic Adventure 2 (2001)
Role: Assist Trophy

"Even if my memories are not real, it's still me... Shadow. And I have to keep my promise to Maria. That's the only thing that matters to me now... "
Shadow the Hedgehog was created by Dr. Gerald Robonik his main purpose was to cure/rid diseases. Maria Robotnik was Shadow's best friend however one day on the Space Colony ARK a group of G.U.N operative's hunted down Maria and shot her causing Shadow to be very confused and aggravated with the world. Shadow then had a flashback of a 'Promise" he made to Maria and decided to assist Sonic in the "Final Battle". Shadow is the Anti-Hero of the Series he's been known to help sonic often and go against him at times.
Shadow the Hedgehog is an extremely popular character many fans wanted to see him playable due to third parties only getting 1 rep per series. In Brawl Shadow was an Assist Trophy using his iconic "CHOAS CONTROL" causing time to slowdown he reprised his role as an Assist Trophy in SSBU/3DS on
June 10 E3 2014 Demo

"He was who he was. A brave and heroic hedgehog who gave his life to save the planet. Shadow the Hedgehog... Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog."
EDIT: @ Opossum Opossum be sure to toggle this under spoiler's I would but I don't know how to. I hope this is good enough to join the ranks with the others!

Attachments

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lyn, Swordswoman of Caelin
upload_2014-7-27_13-26-15.jpeg

Series: Fire Emblem
Debut: Fire Emblem (7) (GBA) (2003)
Disconfirmation: April 8th 2014 (Smash Direct Epidemic)
Role: Returning Assist Trophy
“The nomads of the plains do not abandon their fellow tribes-people. Eliwood and Hector are my dear friends...Their sorrow is my sorrow. Their anger is my anger."

Lyn is one of the three protagonists of the first localized Fire Emblem game, the 7th installment to be exact. Lyn was the first lord players got to control in the game, making her the first international lord in Fire Emblem. In Fire Emblem 7, she lead the prologue/tutorial of the game, until the spotlight was moved onto Eliwood/Hector (depending on what mode), where she then had the lead supporting role. Lyn's archetype in game was entirely new for lords, while most prior lords followed in the footsteps of Marth's style, Lyn's style closely represented the myrmidon class of Fire Emblem. Her iconic katana, the Mani Katti, made her even more popular character.

Lyn is mostly supported due to the fact, she represents the Fire Emblem series going international. She also was considered really unique compared to most of the other lords of the series, who closely resembled Marth. In Brawl, she was an assist trophy, when she appears, she follows her iconic critical hit where she disappears and strikes the opponent in an instant.She is on the more powerful side when it comes to assist trophies, with very likely KOing your opponent. During the April 8th, Smash Direct, she was announced, along with many others to return as an Assist Trophy. May she slice through the clouds, up there, in the shape of Ridley and Game and Watch.

"In my friends’ names, I will cut you down!"

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Is anybody doing an obituary for Doc Louis? I wouldn't mind and it would be an honor, because I am the owner of his support thread.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And another major disconfirmation...

Goodness.

Anyways, assign me a character.

I'll write them an obituary.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I see the PotD now, but strangely enough, the Miiverse post itself isn't up yet. Curious.

Edit: here he is, and he looks pretty cool for an assist trophy.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So as the title says can we bury chunky kong at this point? There was no sight of him at comicon either, so id say its pretty much fluff now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What (dis)confirmations worthy of a gold grave are left to go?

Snake (or any veteran really), Bandanna Dee, King K Rool, Dixie, Krystal, giant purple space dragon, Isaac, Shulk and any rythm heaven character I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom