• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think so, because he's confirmed for what looks to be Robin's Final Smash.
Well it could switch to Lucina or the other character not used in it.

I'm not saying it will happen, but it is a possibility. Regardless, we will probably know about it here pretty soon, and Chrom ultimately was not rewarded with his own character spot, haha!!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, its a nice change. Still sad about Chrom not being in, this was something I could never have expected. Lucina is a lord though. By the looks of it, Lucina is a Marth clone. I was really hoping on no newcomers being clones, and killed my faith of Sakurai still having unique movesets for FE sword users. If she is just a clone I would rather have Chrom, even he was a clone too.
Same here... at least Chrom aesthetically looks different from Marth with his silver armor and white cape. Lucina aesthetically looks too similar to Marth.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Chroms last words

"Tell them Gematsu is dead, and that Chrom died with it..."

RIP Chrom, we should give him a special tombstone :(...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Poor Chrom...

He deserves something special. Not only because he was the first newcomer that actually had amazing chances and people actually cared about to end up in here, but because he sacrificed himself to give people hope again. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten, my friend!

Damn, I forgot Samurai Goroh, no offense to them, I supported him! Still, Chrom needs something special.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Chrom... He die to bring hype back to Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I shall be updating the graveyard with a huge memorial post in light of recent events. Also, take heed of the title. I'm the thread owner, so what I say goes. :p

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I shall be updating the graveyard with a huge memorial post in light of recent events. Also, take heed of the title. I'm the thread owner, so what I say goes. :p

Who was deconfirmed between Chrom and Wonder Red?

Rayman, Nabbit, and Kamek right? Is there any more?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who was deconfirmed between Chrom and Wonder Red?

Rayman, Nabbit, and Kamek right? Is there any more?
I think of those, Kamek may be the only one with enough support to warrant a gravestone, honestly...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

OK! XD

Well, this is the last version of the image that I have (for some reason it is not in the OP)

Who are the characters that I have to add?

I only remember Magnus, Tingle, Shadow, Cranky Kong, Nabbit, Rayman and Chrom.

Do you remember more disconfirmed characters?

Also, can you please tell me who are deserving to be in the the image?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
OK! XD

Well, this is the last version of the image that I have (for some reason it is not in the OP)

Magnus, Shadow, Rayman, and Chrom really are the only ones who should have a Gravestone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does Rayman really need one though? Magnus, yeah, but Rayman? His support was lukewarm at best. :/ Just my opinion, though.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
OK! XD

I think that all of them except for Shaodw and Nabbit. Tingle, Rayman and Cranky were all dark horse candidates in their categorizes.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I figure characters who are enemy mooks (like Shy Guy), least important Pokemon (like Ghastly), and small role NPCs (like Crazy Redd) don't get a grave, but anyone else does.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, now that I'm seeing the image, Skull Kid has a tombstone only because he was popular XD
So...in my opinion, every character mentioned above deserves one, even Nabbit who is important and playable in the last Mario games. (Mario U, Luigi U, Mario Golf) and Shadow, who is for some reason, VERY popular.

cementerio deconfirmed!.jpg

I also added golden graves to the extremely popular and "likely" characters.

The characters who can have a golden grave (if they are disconfirmed obviously) are:

-Veterans
-Gematsu leak characters (Shulk, Chorus Men)
-Important, popular and "likely" characters like: Ridley, King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Takamaru, Isaac, etc.

What do you think, @ Opossum Opossum ?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure that's not a mausoleum...:p

It's nice though! Though, why is Balloon Fighter golden? He was a decently-picked choice, but he was never on the level of Toad, Pokemon Trainer or (sniff) Chrom. Honestly, I think Goroh and Saki were closer to that than Balloon Fighter. I'd say uncolor Balloon Fighter and it's nice. :)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I find it really ironic that nobody made a big deal of me having to bury the Nintendog, but when Opo takes over and Chrom's disconfirmed, he's the tragic figure. :laugh:

Well, Chrom sacrificed himself for us to be surprised.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I find it really ironic that nobody made a big deal of me having to bury the Nintendog, but when Opo takes over and Chrom's disconfirmed, he's the tragic figure. :laugh:

Well, Chrom sacrificed himself for us to be surprised.
I was happy to seen nintendog deconfirmed. It made me sick that some people actually wanted to fight a helpless little puppy lol it just seems twisted.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure that's not a mausoleum...:p

It's nice though! Though, why is Balloon Fighter golden? He was a decently-picked choice, but he was never on the level of Toad, Pokemon Trainer or (sniff) Chrom. Honestly, I think Goroh and Saki were closer to that than Balloon Fighter. I'd say uncolor Balloon Fighter and it's nice. :)
Bu...but Chrom has a golden grave! u.u XD
I don't know, Balloon fighter and Takamaru are the most popular retro characters in my opinion, he wasn't THAT requested because he was like the first disconfirmed character XD
Goroh is not that popular, maaaaybe Black Shadow deserves a golden grave because he is very popular in Japan, maybe XD
And Saki is just very obscure.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I was happy to seen nintendog deconfirmed. It made me sick that some people actually wanted to fight a helpless little puppy lol it just seems twisted.
To be fair, we wanted a large dog that threw dog toys and bit opponents. We never wanted to beat it up, but rather watch it beat the others up. Imagine Ganondorf falling to the ground because a puppy literally whacked him across the face with a chew toy. The violence was the one flaw with it...

Back to mourning the others, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bu...but Chrom has a golden grave! u.u XD
I don't know, Balloon fighter and Takamaru are the most popular retro characters in my opinion, he wasn't THAT requested because he was like the first disconfirmed character XD
Goroh is not that popular, maaaaybe Black Shadow deserves a golden grave because he is very popular in Japan, maybe XD
And Saki is just very obscure.
This is making me feel old...:( Pretty much before mid-2012, no one brought up Balloon Fighter, while Goroh, Saki, Starfy, and kind of Dillon were somewhat common topics. :p

I just never saw much Balloon support. The second most supported retro character always seemed to be Mach Rider...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How popular was Starfy around here? To me he seems worthy of a golden grave. Other than that I don't recall the Balloon Fighter having that much support either, but eh.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This is making me feel old...:( Pretty much before mid-2012, no one brought up Balloon Fighter, while Goroh, Saki, Starfy, and kind of Dillon were somewhat common topics. :p

I just never saw much Balloon support. The second most supported retro character always seemed to be Mach Rider...
Oh well, it's OK, I will make a normal grave for Balloon Fighter :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jungle Japes stage, plus a trophy being found in Smash Run (I've yet to see the latter, but it was apparently in a video in this thread).

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
If I may, what about making platinum gravestones for if Ness or Jiggz get disconfirmed? I feel that any of the Original 12 being cut would cause earthquakes of "woah", moreso than any other character.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I may, what about making platinum gravestones for if Ness or Jiggz get disconfirmed? I feel that any of the Original 12 being cut would cause earthquakes of "woah" than any other character.
Let's cross that depressing bridge when we get there. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Jungle Japes stage, plus a trophy being found in Smash Run (I've yet to see the latter, but it was apparently in a video in this thread).
You need to clarify that, specifically, Cranky's trophy was his Brawl model as I've heard. Greninja was found as a trophy, too, but Cranky Kong would've had an updated model if he was playable. Not that Cranky ever really had good chances.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You need to clarify that, specifically, Cranky's trophy was his Brawl model as I've heard. Greninja was found as a trophy, too, but Cranky Kong would've had an updated model if he was playable. Not that Cranky ever really had good chances.
Wait, Greninja was found as a trophy?
WHAT WERE ALL THE CHARACTERS FOUND AS TROPHIES.
ANY ONE OF THEM COULD JOIN THE FIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom