• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Y'know, Opossum, a lot of support threads of dying characters are running campaigns about DLC inclusions. How are we planning to cope with that?
Simple, really. Nothing.

Once we know the full base roster, the graveyard will be finalized. Then this thread will likely be archived. Should DLC change any character's fate, the image will be edited to an open grave with a shovel beside it.

No. + get out Rayman form his grave and put :snake:in the grave
Yes, a section was added.

No, Rayman's staying in the grave.

No, Snake won't be added to the grave until we see he's not in the roster on release date. That's the thing with vets. Pokemon Trainer was disconfirmed due to Charizard being solo, FYI.

Hope that helped.

D

Deleted member

Does this mean that we will put Riki and Dunban in the grave?
If so, I will do the obituary for Riki (unless @ Bebe Mignon Bebe Mignon wants to do it for him).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yep! They themselves are not playable. Feel free to write them some obituaries!

D

Deleted member

Yep! They themselves are not playable. Feel free to write them some obituaries!
Nah, you can do it. Thanks for asking, though. I appreciate it. :)
All right! I'll do one later! Also, you're welcome Bebe! :)
Oh! Will we also count the trophies of the characters from the leaked images to be disconfirmed as well?

EDIT: If yes, then I can write up an obituary for Tharja.

Last edited by a moderator:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Yes, a section was added.

No, Rayman's staying in the grave.

No, Snake won't be added to the grave until we see he's not in the roster on release date. That's the thing with vets. Pokemon Trainer was disconfirmed due to Charizard being solo, FYI.

Hope that helped.
Rayman Disconfirmed :crying::cry:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sucks baaaaaaaaallllllss that he's deconfirmed. But at least he's in the game at some capacity, being based on a real person is no longer an excuse to stop a character from appearing in Smash in some form!
I might do the grave info later, I got busy things to do.
Lol are you kidding me? He had no shot in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Legendary Heropon, Riki

Series: Xenoblade Chronicles
Debut: Xenoblade Chronicles
Disconfirmation: August 29, 2014 (Shulk Announcement)
Role: Assist Trophy and a part of Shulk's Final Smash

Sidekicks do good!

Riki is one of the party members from the masterpiece JRPG Xenoblade Chronicles, made by Monolith Soft. Since he is one of the party members, he has a pretty significant role in the story and is seen in the many touching cutscenes in the game. In the game, he is a being of Bionis and he is part of the cute mascoty race known as Nopon. He lives in Frontier Village, which is a giant tree residing in Makna Forest and below Eryth Sea. He is appointed by Chief Dunga and becomes the Heropon; Riki was chosen by Chief Dunga because of instinct. Well... that and because he owes a huge debt towards the people of the village and Chief Dunga will repay and forgive his debts if he slays the big and scary "Dinobeast," known as the Telethia, alongside Shulk and company in Makna Forest. Defeating the Telethia, Riki gets all the credit (despite not doing very much), but Chief Dunga has Riki join Shulk and the rest of the gang in their quest to defeat the Mechon. He is pretty much a jack-of-all trades character; he can be an attacker, a tank, and even a debuffer!

Riki is a pretty popular Xenoblade character, alongside other party members like Dunban, Melia, and of course Shulk, so it's no wonder why he got a nod here as an Assist Trophy and as a part of Shulk's Final Smash. The future seems to be pretty bright for Riki and Nopon in general in the next installment of the franchise, Xenoblade Chronicles: X. The presence of Nopon in that game has solidified the Nopon race as the cute mascots of Xenoblade Chronicles, much like the Moogles and Slimes are for Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest respectively. Future games might move on from Riki, but it is still entirely possible that a Nopon could rise and become requested in the next Smash game. For now, the Heropon shall help his sidekick, the legendary Herohom Shulk!
Heropon very cool!

I hope that this is good!

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
And people are going to assume this without reason the next time I support him for the next game.
And honestly with the real-life excuse exterminated, there's absolutely no reason to say he has no shot at being playable in the next game.
...a head? How the **** can a head even be playable?

This is why I can't take you seriously in your roster. You have good outside the box creations, but they are also horrible at the same time

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Dunban

Series: Xenoblade Chronicles
Debut: Xenoblade Chronicles
Disconfirmation: August 29, 2014 (Shulk Announcement)
Role: A part of Shulk's Final Smash along with Riki

"I am Dunban! Attack me if you dare!"
Dunban is a one of playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles, a 2011 JRPG released for the Wii. Monolith Soft's greatest game to date, Xenoblade Chronicles' plot revolved around the Monado. In the beginning of the game, Dunban was thought to be able to wield the Monado. The Monado drained his health, and left his right arm unable to be used in battle. He used it to protect Colony 9, as one of its soldiers. However, Shulk ended up being the true wielder of the Monado. As soon as he healed, Dunban joined Shulk on his journey. No longer able to use his right arm, he chose to use it left hand to wield a katana. Practical and tactical, he acts as the voice of reason for the group. Despite his gruff exterior, his younger sister Fiora calls him a softy he cries when no one is around. Perhaps this is true, not the crying part (well maybe). Even though he himself could not carry the Monado, he decided to help carry his companion Shulk's burdens instead.

Dunban was never meant to wield the Monado, just as he was never meant to represent Xenoblade in Smash. But that does not mean he would be willing to stand in the sidelines. Dunban will once again pick up his sword. He will choose to fight, together with Shulk and Riki. Together they can change the destiny of a battle, and win!

"We may die if we take a stand here. But staying gives us the chance to change our destinies."

The Tale of Dunban, the first wielder of the Monado:
The Monado was never yours to wield,
but even then you did not yield.
Taking a sword in your other hand,
And under the true wielder's command.
Now you serve as his friend and shield.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Shall I write Dr. K's thing?
Nah I'll take care of it myself, since I own the thread.

Dr. Kawashima

Series: Brain Age
Debut: May 19, 2005
Disconfirmation: August 29, 2014

This university professor first appeared in the Brain Training, the series was created by the partnership and inspiration of the real-life professor. In the games, Kawashima taught you how the brain works and encouraged you to go through exercise that would help you speed up your thinking speed. His most recent game came out in 2012, which was called Brain Age: Concentration Training, which gave him the form of Devil Kawashima.

While he did have a minor fan-base, many thought after a few months thought Dr. Kawashima as a possible character for the game due to Wii Fit Trainer. His unique skills for using many mathematical and educational attacks would've made him a distinct character to play as and was the reason a few thought he would be a playable character. After months of debates about him being based on an actual person, he was finally deconfirmed as an AT, ending every argument about him not appearing in the game because he's a real-life professor.

Hopefully he get's the real chance to be playable soon in the next installment, as soon as brings himself some form of fighting in the next Brain Age games.

KCsmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaceyProGamer
3DS FC
5386-8840-6815
I have lost all hope for Chibi robo being in the game. His series is really ignored when it comes to smash...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I have lost all hope for Chibi robo being in the game. His series is really ignored when it comes to smash...
Let me point out: So far, every Intellectual Property that has a Panel in the StreetPass Plaza has at least an Assist Trophy, if not a playable character. The only ones not to have been shown yet are Chibi Robo and Rusty from Real Deal Baseball (I still don't know why THAT game got a panel). So I think he's got decent odds of making it as an AT.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Some more poetry for those who rest in The Graveyard:

Don't Steal This Limerick

This man whose dreams we must bury
Despite all the maps he might carry,
He can't seem find a way to smash.
His balloon has popped; he's gonna crash!
Perhaps some day he'll become a fairy.

The Real Test

I wanted to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
But this right now, is the real test:
So I gotta take a pause.

We traveled to every stage,
Smashing far and wide.
But stamina became your cage.
Every time you died.

Pokemon! It was you and me,
But in back it was hard to see.
Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend,
But on me you can't depend.

Pokemon! Knocking foes out of view,
You teach me and I'll teach you,
But now you know more than I ever knew.
So it's time for your release.

Pokemon! Just grow and learn.
I'll be waiting for your return.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, here's what's gonna happen.

We'll know the roster by Friday the latest. Therefore, the graveyard will wait until then to add anyone in. We'd only add in the big ones that didn't make it at that point, or anyone that people want to contribute. Because really, Candy Kong and the Iridescent Glint Beetle don't really need entries if they lack them at that point. :p

Then we'd likely see the Graveyard close, along with pretty much all the support threads, I believe. I think that's what happened with Brawl.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This graveyard is about to be filled with every Nintendo character that has ever existed, minus a select few.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Okay, here's what's gonna happen.

We'll know the roster by Friday the latest. Therefore, the graveyard will wait until then to add anyone in. We'd only add in the big ones that didn't make it at that point, or anyone that people want to contribute. Because really, Candy Kong and the Iridescent Glint Beetle don't really need entries if they lack them at that point. :p

Then we'd likely see the Graveyard close, along with pretty much all the support threads, I believe. I think that's what happened with Brawl.
Who are "The Big Ones", though?

I mean, is it any character with a currently active support thread? Support thread over so many posts? How do you determine who is good enough?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Who are "The Big Ones", though?

I mean, is it any character with a currently active support thread? Support thread over so many posts? How do you determine who is good enough?
I'd presume it consists of the most talked about characters. Dixie Kong, Impa, and Mach Rider are good examples of ones with relatively small threads on this board (I haven't even SEEN a Mach Rider thread), but because they're mentioned so much in "leaks" they would count. King K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Bandana Dee, etc., have some of the highest post counts right now, so they'd be put in for that reason, as well as anyone else who was leaked in something that would appear to be a major leak or have appeared in numerous leaks (Chorus Men), or any veterans disconfirmed as well (regardless of whether they were in Brawl or not).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What about DLC?
As I've said before, it's a non-issue. The graveyard's likely to be closed, along with all the support threads, most likely, when the final roster is known. I assume they'd be reopened if DLC's confirmed. I think that was the process for what happened to all the threads during the Brawl days.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
As I've said before, it's a non-issue. The graveyard's likely to be closed, along with all the support threads, most likely, when the final roster is known. I assume they'd be reopened if DLC's confirmed. I think that was the process for what happened to all the threads during the Brawl days.
Makes sense.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Only fair you get the Paper Mario honors @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 .

I could maybe do Wolf's but if anyone else wants to do it then go ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom