• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Why did the Ridley thread lock so soon? Censorship mods bother me. Let them vent.
Anyways, Ridley seems like he is done for. But at least you guys have purple charizard. Ridley probably would of been a charizard clone if included.
And while I don't think Ridley will be added into the CSS due to him being a stage hazard I do hope he can make it in as an amiibos DLC for when the Wii U version comes out. Here is hoping for DLC news in the Nintendo treehouse stream tomorrow. Also, please unlock that Ridley thread... The Wii U version didn't happen yet and its a huge slap in the face to get censorship and heart broken. I feel for the Ridley fans. Too bad its controlled by a ****ty mod.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I suppose the guy who gave Sal Romano the information just HAD to assume that the chorus men were in just because he saw the rhythm heaven enemy in Smash Run. Oh well, maybe next time.
I theorize that what ever kept the Ice Climbers out kept them out, personally. Mainly since I'm in the "Gematsu was right, but outdated" boat. :p

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Rip Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice climbers, Lucas, Wolf and Snake

You may have fallen but you will not be forgotten

:cry::crying::cry::crying::cry::crying:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why did the Ridley thread lock so soon? Censorship mods bother me. Let them vent.
Anyways, Ridley seems like he is done for. But at least you guys have purple charizard. Ridley probably would of been a charizard clone if included.
And while I don't think Ridley will be added into the CSS due to him being a stage hazard I do hope he can make it in as an amiibos DLC for when the Wii U version comes out. Here is hoping for DLC news in the Nintendo treehouse stream tomorrow. Also, please unlock that Ridley thread... The Wii U version didn't happen yet and its a huge slap in the face to get censorship and heart broken. I feel for the Ridley fans. Too bad its controlled by a ****ty mod.
Keep the unnecessary insults outta here. The thread was getting too worked up for its own good. Shame on them for getting that out of hand.

And that's all that will be said about it. Get back on topic instead of mouthing off about something that you don't know the full story of.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Why did the Ridley thread lock so soon?

Also, please unlock that Ridley thread... The Wii U version didn't happen yet and its a huge slap in the face to get censorship and heart broken. I feel for the Ridley fans. Too bad its controlled by a ****ty mod.
Did you not read the the last few pages of the Ridley thread!? It needed to be put down. It became a battleground between die-hard supporters and die-hard detractors. The mod that locked it was basically a godsend given the circumstances in that cesspool of flaming and arguing.

I would crack a joke about it, but I feel it may be too offensive.

Anyway, back on topic. Maybe instead of individual gravestones, we should just make a single memorial image with the names of a bunch of characters deconfirmed today. Sort of like the Konoha Memorial Stone:

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Why did all these deconfirmations have to happen on today's unfortunate date?

*sigh*

So lemme get this straight--we're gonna close the thread now?

It'll be a shame not seeing someone give obituaries for the cuts.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
because purple charizard is a color from this one fossile pokemon ( i do not have the english name of it) so we have nothing and charizard and ridley are different there are so many differenzes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why did all these deconfirmations have to happen on today's unfortunate date?

*sigh*

So lemme get this straight--we're gonna close the thread now?

It'll be a shame not seeing someone give obituaries for the cuts.
We don't have a choice, really. In less than 24 hours, all the character threads are being put in the Archives.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
One of my English class' short stories said:
Greg pushed the button over the bell marked Ridley, thought of the lecture he knew his father would give him, and smiled.
Out of context, this is kind of humorous.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really wish we celebrated the notion of the characters as Assists or other forms of support more... but they were given such sad sendoffs from the fans instead all over the world.

Kinda wondering why all the hard work to include them here if not in the roster when it ends up on this from fans' reception.

Last edited:

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
I still cant understand how he put Dr. Mario in over Mewtwo and Ridley. The only explanation is that he was lazy and didnt want to make a new character.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Characters in my signature can be added(unless they need confirmation for disconfirmation?).

Also I'm writing Plasm Wraith's obituary. No one else. :evil:

I pray he's a trophy at least.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's Tombstone should be the biggest.

But I'm still hopeful we won't need it.
well as a dlc and as the point of possiblity it is still possibel. we got other m ridley in the worst just as a boss and stil neo meta omega and real ridley for character so dlc <.< i hope for it. maybe sakurai pulls the killer move tomorrow

Crimson Ludwig

Smash Rookie
Ridley's Tombstone should be the biggest.

But I'm still hopeful we won't need it.
You guys can't seriously think Ridley still has a chance?
I think that even if there was DLC that spots would be given to more deserving characters (Isaac, Dixie, Mewtwo) instead.
Don't get me wrong, Ridley would be a fantastic addition, but Sakurai probably wanted to confirm him as a boss without showing his design.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I think that even if there was DLC that spots would be given to more deserving characters (Isaac, Dixie, Mewtwo) instead.
Don't get me wrong, Ridley would be a fantastic addition, but Sakurai probably wanted to confirm him as a boss without showing his design.
I think Ridley is done for and I have wanted him from the beginning, I don't even have a wii u so the "leak somebody posted above how would that even work by hooking it up with the wii u? for DLC though i think it should be a veteran DLC with wolf (who should not have been cut) ice climbers, lucas, and even mewtwo to bring in the money. As for ridley, k rool, and dixie i think they will be save for the next smash............ in 6 years.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think there's going to be an incentive to buy both versions. Transferring custom movesets between both versions isn't a hook. There has to be a tantalizing treat if you buy both and link them.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Hope never dies... humans would rather cling to a ball of razors for sentimental reasons than let go the thing that's causing them so much pain before they bleed out. Human nature.

And the reason for this... is that Sakurai DIDN'T confirm him as a boss. If Ridley isn't playable, somehow, that's a marketing ****up that Sakurai and Nintendo won't likely recover from, no matter how hard the detractors try to put a lid on it. Ridley's fandom hasn't been extinguished... just left to smolder.

Crimson Ludwig

Smash Rookie
Hope never dies... humans would rather cling to a ball of razors for sentimental reasons than let go the thing that's causing them so much pain before they bleed out. Human nature.

And the reason for this... is that Sakurai DIDN'T confirm him as a boss. If Ridley isn't playable, somehow, that's a marketing ****up that Sakurai and Nintendo won't likely recover from, no matter how hard the detractors try to put a lid on it. Ridley's fandom hasn't been extinguished... just left to smolder.
I wouldn't say it was a mess up. The sales of the most hyped smash game to date isn't gonna be dampered because people wanted a Purple Dragon in. The sales will do fine without Ridley in the game. I'm still positive that Ridley is a boss.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I wouldn't say it was a mess up. The sales of the most hyped smash game to date isn't gonna be dampered because people wanted a Purple Dragon in. The sales will do fine without Ridley in the game. I'm still positive that Ridley is a boss.
That's not the problem. The problem is that if you go out of your way to establish a pattern you have obligated yourself to maintain that pattern. What Sakurai and Nintendo have shown us is that, quite simply, they don't give enough of a damn to type three little words about a character they hinted at, when they did the same for every other non-playable character who received any sort of confusion about their status. In fact, not only did they not bother to go on Twitter, or Miiverse, or anywhere else for that matter and type those three words, they actively teased anyone who asked.

Yes, it's a ****up, regardless of who does or does not like the roster as it currently stands.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
haha you can't seriously think that the hope for Ridley will be done for anytime soon. if melee and brawl didn't kill it why would smash 3ds would?I mean, is even on Ridley curriculum, A) being a purple space dragon, B) Being the space pirates commander, C) just can't stay dead ...EVER, dude probably is best pals with death or whatever, one of his deaths included the planet blowing up! So if we are getting Ridley a pyramid (Because he is too big for a simple tomb) better have one with a hidden door on the top :p

in a more serious tone there is something fishy which makes me think that we haven't seen the last for smash hype. although we may get some interesting info in tommorrows POTD or in the worldwide release POTD of 3ds. while Mewtwo, Lucas and Wolf are more likely characters for a wiiu transfer gimmick, Ridley hope won't die anytime soon :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Isaac

Series: Golden Sun
Debut: Golden Sun: The Broken Seal
Disconfirmation: September 11, 2014 (Final Roster Reveal)
Role: None

"I knew what I was doing the moment I raised my sword."

Isaac is the protagonist of the first two books of the Golden Sun saga. Isaac is a Venus Adept, a user of the ancient Alchemical skill known as Psynergy. Psynergy is the ability to manipulate the elements of the world with one's mind. Isaac, being a Venus Adept, specializes in the Earth element. These skills include earthquakes, avalanches, plant growth, telekinesis, healing or reviving allies, manifesting ethereal swords, and limited teleportation.

His hometown of Vale is beset by powerful foes who steal the Elemental Stars, mighty relics that house the key to unlocking the power of Alchemy and its potential to destroy the world. These thieves are helped by an old friend, Felix, who Isaac had thought died three years earlier, and they take Felix's sister Jenna, as a hostage along with them. Isaac sets off on an adventure to stop the thieves, recover the Elemental Stars, save Jenna, and save the world. Along the way, he befriends a number of other Adepts, and a large number of elemental Djinn, cute little embodiments of elemental force that strengthen Adepts and allow them to use Psynergy of other elements, further increasing his impressive arsenal of mental powers. Djinn can also be used to attack directly, or called upon to summon incredible spirits to attack foes.

Eventually, Isaac falls into a trap, only to be saved by Felix. As he confronts his old friend, he is told that, while Alchemy may pose a danger to the world, it is also necessary for the world's continued existence, and that it must be unleashed to save the world. With the disparate parties reunited, Isaac takes the lead to unleash the very power he set out to stop. With the world saved from it's slow demise, Isaac eventually returns to a nearly destroyed home, and settles down to a quiet life with Jenna, whom he later marries and has a son with.

Isaac is pure of heart, often going out of his ways to help others at cost to himself. He spends much of the first game righting wrongs inflicted upon the people of Angara by the foes who stole the Elemental Stars. He rarely speaks, but develops an incredible strength and presence that command attention even among the elite rulers of the world. He is trusting, honest, and quick to defend his friends. He also winds up being one of the most powerful Adepts in the world, and is quite willing to challenge demigods on matters of principle.

The Golden Sun series left off with his son, Matthew, returning home from his own first adventure, only to find no sign of his father at their home. Whatever prompted Isaac to leave, we cannot say. We only know that it was not an invitation to the Smash Bros. tournament.

"!!!"

Assist Trophy not returning in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Isaac, Moving On.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom