• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Golden Guardian of the Formidable Oak: Plasm Wraith for DLC! (Cast your vote today!)

Do you support the Plasm Wraith?

• Yes

Votes: 81 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 34.7%

• Total voters

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I do not know how to contribute to this current topic. I do know Plasm Wraith will gladly wear a pony tail and pink shirt if Dixie cannot assume her playable role.
Somebody make this a thing. Now.:laugh:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
@ H Hexaped
...I couldn't resist. I feel ashamed...
Open the spoiler if you want to see the horror...

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
What would his final smash be? Turning into the mysterious lifeform?

Or maybe, he could absorb everyone on screen and do massive damage, as I show in this beautiful work of art. Yes, I'm fully aware that's one too many characters.

I think Link needs a good night's sleep....

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I support. This is a great choice for a second pikmin rep. Definitely a much better idea than a second captain,

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Haydossy. Dixie Wraith confirmed for Pikmin 4. The campaign starts today, May 16th!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
We've reached three pages! Um, yay!

I've got nothing...
WOOOOOO
I got nothing either....
@ H Hexaped
...I couldn't resist. I feel ashamed...
Open the spoiler if you want to see the horror...
What would his final smash be? Turning into the mysterious lifeform?

Or maybe, he could absorb everyone on screen and do massive damage, as I show in this beautiful work of art. Yes, I'm fully aware that's one too many characters.

I think Link needs a good night's sleep....
Thank you so much.

I support. This is a great choice for a second pikmin rep. Definitely a much better idea than a second captain,
Thanks for your support! Lemme know if you have any feedback or ideas!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Alright guys.

E3 is almost here.

I feel like E3 will decide Plasm Wraith's fate. I'm come up with a few possibilities of how it could be revealed/not revealed:
1. Plasm Wraith is revealed with extreme hype characters like Ridley. People are okay with it.
2. Plasm Wraith is revealed with no hype characters like Mii. People flip out and hate the Plasm Wraith for "stealing a slot"
3. Plasm Wraith isn't revealed and isn't in the game in any form. I become super sad.
4. Plasm Wraith isn't revealed and is in the game. I'd imagine a similar reaction to R.O.B. being in Brawl.
5. Plasm Wraith is disconfirmed as an Assist Trophy/Stage Boss/Other Stuff. I am happy for the acknowledgement.

I honestly think it's E3 or bust for the Plasm Wraith, just like it is for Ridley and K. Rool. I don't know why, but it just seems like it has to be revealed there to be in the game. Maybe it's just me.

So basically, I think the Plasm Platoon(That's what I'm calling us now) should prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It's been a not-so-wild ride up until now, and I hope the ride will continue and become a wild ride.

Seriously though, thank you all for supporting my most-wanted character that's unlikely as hell. It really means a lot to me.

-Jackalope, the Plasm Fanatic
Plasm Ridley Battle.png

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
You know, even while riding along the devoted Palutena, K. Rool, Shulk, and of course massive Ridley threads, I haven't forgotten about this guy. Sure, chances are it won't even appear beyond a simply trophy (if even that), but as with all characters I support, I will keep on till the end.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
You know, even while riding along the devoted Palutena, K. Rool, Shulk, and of course massive Ridley threads, I haven't forgotten about this guy. Sure, chances are it won't even appear beyond a simply trophy (if even that), but as with all characters I support, I will keep on till the end.
Seriously man, thanks so much for all your support. You're one of the few people who have posted in here more than once, and you've probably been the Wraith's biggest supporter aside from myself of course. :p

Keep being awesome, you darn Shiropedes.
I support. It's weird, but I like weird.
Weird is gud indeed.

Thanks for your support!

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
If he's not playable, being Ollimar's final smash would be AWESOME.
edit:oops caps

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I support this guy, he's up there with the Mallo as my unlikely characters I want to see.

I doubt he'll appear but he'd be much better than putting one of the new Captains in. If not for any other reason than to reperesent the creature side of Pikmin.

With the Rocket item now, I wouldn't be surprised if Olimar's FS is going to be changed. So yeah, that'd be an interesting new concept for the Final Smash.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Yeah, it would be pretty cool, though a bit out of character, but I could definitely see it working.
I support this guy, he's up there with the Mallo as my unlikely characters I want to see.

I doubt he'll appear but he'd be much better than putting one of the new Captains in. If not for any other reason than to reperesent the creature side of Pikmin.
Thanks for your support. I totally agree about being better than the captains. As much I as love Louie, the Plasm Wraith could bring things to the game that the captains(and most other popular expected newcomers) couldn't.

Also you're awesome for supporting Mallo. I love that little guy. And hey, with Pushmo World coming out, his chances may have risen.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Also you're awesome for supporting Mallo. I love that little guy. And hey, with Pushmo World coming out, his chances may have risen.
Picked up Fallblox last week and fell in love with The Mallo instantly. :p

But yeah, I'd love to see Pikmin get some more representation, it definitely deserves a new rep and I can't see anything else taking up that role.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers had one game and can get a rep, Earthbound had 3 games and can get 2 reps, Gyromite has 1 game and rep, metal gear solid has pretty much dropped support for Nintendo altogether and can get a rep, and when Brawl came out, Pit had only 2 games! If that can happen, Pikmin can have another rep.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Plasm Wraith seems comfortable with falling down that chasm.
There is still hope for Plasm Wraith's reveal. I thought SSB4 3DS was arriving in the summer, so the three extra months may allow much more content than I expected. A relatively obscure character like this probably wouldn't be revealed at e3 anyway, for being so obscure.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
I thought the Plasm Wraith was a pretty cool final boss in Pikmin 3 and I really like its theme too. I highly doubt it will be a character, but it would be neat if it was just for the fact that it's one of those bizarre characters. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as gold shiny thing with needle arms and a big hole in its head? I support!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I suppose this is true.

The Plasm Wraith is pretty lucky, surviving 2 mega disconfirmation marathons.
Though, the Garden of Hope stage wasn't demoed, so we don't know if that will have a hidden surprise yet. At the same time if there were to be a boss on that stage I'd sooner think it'd be this guy instead of the Wraith.

But regardless of that, the Plasm Wraith still lives for now, unlikely though it is.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Though, the Garden of Hope stage wasn't demoed, so we don't know if that will have a hidden surprise yet. At the same time if there were to be a boss on that stage I'd sooner think it'd be this guy instead of the Wraith.

But regardless of that, the Plasm Wraith still lives for now, unlikely though it is.
Yeah, the Quaggled Mireclops(or even the Armored Mawdad) are more likely than the Plasm Wraith to be on the Garden of Hope stage. But hey, maybe the Wraith will get lucky. :happysheep:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Hey there Plasm Platoon. I has some news.

First off, this thread has more pages than every Pikmin character support thread, which makes me both happy and sad at the same time.

Also, according to the Smash Wiki, the Iridescent Glint Beetle is appearing as an enemy in Smash Run. I found this very interesting, considering the Glint Beetle was not brought back in Pikmin 3, and thus does not share the Iridescent Flint Beetle's redesign. However, there are no pictures of it in-game, so it could be bogus. But something as obscure as the Glint Beetle doesn't seem like ideal "fake material." Anyway, it may not be the golden creature we've been waiting for, but I'm very glad to see Pikmin get more representation.

Here's the Smash Wiki page for the Iridescent Glint Beetle.

Make of it what you will.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hey there Plasm Platoon. I has some news.

First off, this thread has more pages than every Pikmin character support thread, which makes me both happy and sad at the same time.

Also, according to the Smash Wiki, the Iridescent Glint Beetle is appearing as an enemy in Smash Run. I found this very interesting, considering the Glint Beetle was not brought back in Pikmin 3, and thus does not share the Iridescent Flint Beetle's redesign. However, there are no pictures of it in-game, so it could be bogus. But something as obscure as the Glint Beetle doesn't seem like ideal "fake material." Anyway, it may not be the golden creature we've been waiting for, but I'm very glad to see Pikmin get more representation.

Here's the Smash Wiki page for the Iridescent Glint Beetle.

Make of it what you will.
Hope it's true since all we've got are Bulborbs. Even then I'll bet all it will act like is a rare enemy that's easy to kill for extra goodies (like in P2).

Would be really cool if there were others, like Careening Dirigibugs (and you could even pick up their bomb rocks as an explosive item) and Dweevils. Swooping/Bumbling Snitchbugs would be pretty hilarious consider what they do (imagine Bowser being picked up by one :laugh:).

And I can see bosses in the special rooms, like Beady-Long-Legs, Emperor Bulblax, or, ahem, *points to self.*

But ultimately, I'm sure none of that will happen since most of the enemies are from Mario, Kirby, and Kid Icarus.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Hope it's true since all we've got are Bulborbs. Even then I'll bet all it will act like is a rare enemy that's easy to kill for extra goodies (like in P2).

Would be really cool if there were others, like Careening Dirigibugs (and you could even pick up their bomb rocks as an explosive item) and Dweevils. Swooping/Bumbling Snitchbugs would be pretty hilarious consider what they do (imagine Bowser being picked up by one :laugh:).

And I can see bosses in the special rooms, like Beady-Long-Legs, Emperor Bulblax, or, ahem, *points to self.*

But ultimately, I'm sure none of that will happen since most of the enemies are from Mario, Kirby, and Kid Icarus.
Well, a bunch of people have said they've seen it, so I'm pretty sure it's in, which makes me pretty happy.

Careening Dirigibugs would be amazing, and would work great as an enemy. And honestly, I'm surprised the Swooping Snitchbug isn't an enemy or an Assist Trophy yet.

But of course, a Burrowing Snagret(Shiropedes anacondii) would be a great boss. It's definitely one of my favorite enemies(after the Sputtlefish and Waddlepus of course).

Also, Kid Icarus has a ridiculous amount of enemies that it doesn't really deserve. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well, a bunch of people have said they've seen it, so I'm pretty sure it's in, which makes me pretty happy.

Careening Dirigibugs would be amazing, and would work great as an enemy. And honestly, I'm surprised the Swooping Snitchbug isn't an enemy or an Assist Trophy yet.

But of course, a Burrowing Snagret(Shiropedes anacondii) would be a great boss. It's definitely one of my favorite enemies(after the Sputtlefish and Waddlepus of course).

Also, Kid Icarus has a ridiculous amount of enemies that it doesn't really deserve. :ohwell:
Yeah, as much as I like Kid Icarus, even I must admit there is way too much from it in here. It has the same number of games as Pikmin (which is even one of Miyamoto's brainchildren I might add) yet there's no contest as to who got more content.

But seeing as Sakurai himself worked on the latest game for KI, we all saw this coming anyway... At least we Pikmin fans can take solace in the fact that we did get representation in Brawl and again here and there are creatures in Smash Run.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'm gonna support this out of my eternal love for Pikmin. I'm just not sure he has much of a chance...

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I'm gonna support this out of my eternal love for Pikmin. I'm just not sure he has much of a chance...
Thanks for your support!

Yep. It has almost no chance now that the Gematsu Leak is basically confirmed. Still, I'll continue supporting it forever.

Also, just for kicks and giggles, I thought I'd tally up everything Pikmin-related in the game so far.

Playable Characters:
Olimar

Stages:
Garden of Hope

Items:
Hocotate Bomb

Smash Run Enemies:
Red Bulborb
Iridescent Glint Beetle

Trophies:
Brittany

Not a whole lot of stuff. Here's hoping we get an enormous amount of trophies, or some actual Assist Trophies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've been hoping for a Super Spicy Spray item, either as globs of the liquid or in a bottle. Think of it as a cross between the Bunny Hood and Super Mushroom (only strength without the extra size) items. And the character who eats it has their hair, or just top of the head for those who don't have hair, turn bright red and flashy.

But no, we just get Olimar's FS in item form. Sigh...

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I've been hoping for a Super Spicy Spray item, either as globs of the liquid or in a bottle. Think of it as a cross between the Bunny Hood and Super Mushroom (only strength without the extra size) items. And the character who eats it has their hair, or just top of the head for those who don't have hair, turn bright red and flashy.

But no, we just get Olimar's FS in item form. Sigh...
I think the worst part about the Hocotate Bomb is that apparently it's just a reskinned Kid Icarus item from one of the games(Or so I've heard).

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'm sort of wanting Burrowing Snagret to be a boss somewhere. Like at the Garden of Hope, or the yet-to-be-confirmed 3ds Pikmin stage.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So I've been thinking lately. One of the main things(or perhaps the only thing) that stands in the Plasm Wraith's way is its unrecognizability. It's not very iconic yet, and most people don't know what it is unless they've played Pikmin 3 or visited this thread. We need to find some way to make it more well-known. I'm pretty sure my thread has had some impact, since I seem to see the Plasm Wraith brought up more lately in dream roster and Pikmin threads on GameFAQs. But GameFAQs isn't enough. We'll need a lot more peeps.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Also obligatory Plasm Wraith pic for the Platoon:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So I've been thinking lately. One of the main things(or perhaps the only thing) that stands in the Plasm Wraith's way is its unrecognizability. It's not very iconic yet, and most people don't know what it is unless they've played Pikmin 3 or visited this thread. We need to find some way to make it more well-known. I'm pretty sure my thread has had some impact, since I seem to see the Plasm Wraith brought up more lately in dream roster and Pikmin threads on GameFAQs. But GameFAQs isn't enough. We'll need a lot more peeps.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Also obligatory Plasm Wraith pic for the Platoon:
The best way I could think of is if Chugga does an LP of Pikmin 3, but now that he's busy with Xenoblade it isn't gonna happen till well into next year (that is if it's even the next game).

Unfortunately even if we rallied all Pikmin fans to our side the voice probably still wouldn't be loud enough, sad to say.

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
I made an account just to support this thread, Pikmin needs a creature representative, Bulblax is the most iconic, but isn't diverse enough to be a character, it's like a Goomba. Titan Dweevil wouldn't work as a playable character, but would be a nice boss for a Pikmin stage based on the caves in 2.

Plasm Wraith works because it is diverse, and it can be a reasonable size for a Smash Bros character. The one issue I find is its likeness to the Yellow Devil, I imagine a lot of people going "Yellow Devil is already a boss in this, why is there a blobby version of the Yellow Devil called Plasm Wraith?"

I like the idea of Louie as a summoner character for the creature side of Pikmin, but I feel Plasm Wraith would be more unique.

If Plasmy doesn't make any appearance in SSB4 on release, don't be too sad, that may just increase the chances of it appearing at one point or another. If Nintendo ends up making character DLC, it may make an appearance in that, if demand for it is high, but that's IF they make character DLC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom