• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What if Isaac fights Meta Knight in his Trailer? Fighting alongside Ness and Lucas to take him down?

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
If golden sun were to get two characters, I'd see it being either Felix as a semi or full blown clone of Isaac, or Alex.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
If golden sun were to get two characters, I'd see it being either Felix as a semi or full blown clone of Isaac, or Alex.
I'd be cool with seeing Felix. I feel like he would go more the alt character and not get his own slot though. Alex would definitely ger his own spot though, which would be neat.

If Isaac gets in, I hope we get a trophy of the four different Djinn

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Just a little list of things I've read recently that I would like to see in regards to Golden Sun and Smash 4.

Trophies: Four Djinns, Ivan, Piers, one of the GS DD characters (honestly the DD characters weren't that memorable to me)
Assist Trophies: Felix, Garet, or even Alex
Alternate Costumes: Matthew/Isaac depending on who joins or Saturos
Secondary Representative: Alex, Saturos and Menardi
Stages: Elemental Star Chamber, Venus Lighthouse
Final Smash: Judgment or Ragnarok

In the end this is just me wishing for things.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just a little list of things I've read recently that I would like to see in regards to Golden Sun and Smash 4.

Trophies: Four Djinns, Ivan, Piers, one of the GS DD characters (honestly the DD characters weren't that memorable to me)
Assist Trophies: Felix, Garet, or even Alex
Alternate Costumes: Matthew/Isaac depending on who joins or Saturos
Secondary Representative: Alex, Saturos and Menardi
Stages: Elemental Star Chamber, Venus Lighthouse
Final Smash: Judgment or Ragnarok

In the end this is just me wishing for things.
We probably wouldn't get an assist.....but a regular trophy of Crystallux from Dark Dawn would be cool.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me please but what exactly is Project M?
Also, if a second GS character would ever be included I would like Jenna or Sveta, I don't like the idea of Alex being represented since I believe that the first time we see Alex actually fighting (other than just avoiding Hou Zan and throwing Tyrell over) should be in the actual franchise GS4 may be?
Also:Congratulations for page 100!!!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Also, if a second GS character would ever be included I would like Jenna or Sveta, I don't like the idea of Alex being represented since I believe that the first time we see Alex actually fighting (other than just avoiding Hou Zan and throwing Tyrell over) should be in the actual franchise GS4 may be?
http://projectmgame.com/en/about

It's pretty fun, I like it a lot as a mod. Isaac is also rumoured to be joining the roster along with 4 others, although there's no official proof of it so we can't say for certain. Obviously we're hoping the rumour is true though :-)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Project M is a mod of Brawl intended to make it play like Melee. (They also add extra characters like Mewtwo and Roy) It's a huge overhaul that has new stages and changes to existing brawl characters to make them more balanced.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Alex. He's the most interesting character across the three games, and as a mercury adept he'd bring in some cool water and ice abilities, which we don't see much in Smash. It's true we don't see him fight much in the games, but it'd be exciting to see anyway.

Sveta would also be cool. She's the most important character in Dark Dawn and her moveset practically writes itself. Her normal moves would be Wolf-like, with a healthy amount of wind and electricity thrown in. Special moves would all by psynergy. Final Smash would be her transformation.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I didn't realize Sveta was so popular with you guys. I personally never really liked her as a character, and picking her out of all the GS reps seems sort of random. I like the Saturos/Menardi idea, would love if it worked out the same way people were speculating Chrom/Lucina could work (like a tag team type of thing).

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Your Hero, I wasn't a huge fan of Sveta. Nothing against her, really, but I liked most of the other characters more. I'd much rather have her than no one though :p

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Sveta is the best character ever only other character I liked before her was Piers (and I still like him he is my second favorite behind Sveta) third favorite is Eoleo

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congrats on reaching 100 pages, people!

My vote for a 2nd GS character would go to Ivan too. Wind Magic (or Jupiter Psynergy) aside, I also really like him as a character.

D

Deleted member

Guess who I found in my game of Skyrim?

For the time being, I'll throw in my support for Isaac.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
http://projectmgame.com/en/about

It's pretty fun, I like it a lot as a mod. Isaac is also rumoured to be joining the roster along with 4 others, although there's no official proof of it so we can't say for certain. Obviously we're hoping the rumour is true though :-)
I would hate it if Isaac was in both Project M and Smash 4, because if that is the case they would have been worked on simultaneously by completely different people and would probably play nothing a like. It would bother me to no end to have the same character playable in two different versions of Smash with radically different move sets (Gannondorf not included.) If the Project M team is working on Isaac at the moment, and we find out that Isaac is playable in Smash 4, I would hope they change him to Felix or some other non-Isaac character.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I didn't realize Sveta was so popular with you guys. I personally never really liked her as a character, and picking her out of all the GS reps seems sort of random. I like the Saturos/Menardi idea, would love if it worked out the same way people were speculating Chrom/Lucina could work (like a tag team type of thing).
I don't think she's popular so much as she's the only character in that game who feels tied to the main conflict, rather than being another tag-along to Matthew's mundane fetch quest.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would hate it if Isaac was in both Project M and Smash 4, because if that is the case they would have been worked on simultaneously by completely different people and would probably play nothing a like. It would bother me to no end to have the same character playable in two different versions of Smash with radically different move sets (Gannondorf not included.) If the Project M team is working on Isaac at the moment, and we find out that Isaac is playable in Smash 4, I would hope they change him to Felix or some other non-Isaac character.
Again, I don't think Isaac will be added to Project M if it turns out he's in Smash 4. I think they're going to wait on adding anything new to Project M right now until Smash 4 releases, then they'll plan out who to add.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Again, I don't think Isaac will be added to Project M if it turns out he's in Smash 4. I think they're going to wait on adding anything new to Project M right now until Smash 4 releases, then they'll plan out who to add.
I hope so, but I know they've said in the past if they were working on a character and he then debuted in Smash 4 they would keep him in so there may be some over lap. Smash 4 will be out soon though, so barring DLC they should know one way or another, and on the off chance they are working on characters now I would think they would start with a character that is already confirmed to not be in Smash 4.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac in both Project M and SSB4 sounds like a great problem to have. I'd love to see multiple interpretations on the character.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Should Isaac have a certain win pose or such when winning against a specific character? I know it is not likely for a secondary Golden Sun Rep, but should Isaac respond to other characters after winning against them?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't see why Isaac would have specific character win quotes. I could maybe see characters within the same series having specific character win quotes though. (Like if they defeated their rival or enemy)

A part of me wants to believe Comic Con will reveal Isaac playable but he'll probably be a secret at this stage if anything.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't see why Isaac would have specific character win quotes. I could maybe see characters within the same series having specific character win quotes though. (Like if they defeated their rival or enemy)

A part of me wants to believe Comic Con will reveal Isaac playable but he'll probably be a secret at this stage if anything.
I figure. I expect a veteran reveal, if anything at Comic Con.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Doing my part to get this thread back on the front page were it belongs.

I kind of hate how many of the rosters I see out there prioritize things like a 4th Star Fox rep of a 5th Zelda rep over Isaac (or any other new series rep.) The thing is, with Isaac, you don't JUST get an awesome character. You get Golden Sun as a series. You get music, a stage, assist trophies, and items. It's a much better deal in my opinion.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So a little off topic (ill get back on soon) But if it turns out isacc isin't in the game who would your secondary main's go off to?

For me check my sig (if right now it exists)
Aww... Why should we be so pessimistic? lol.

No, I understand... Even if Isaac makes it, he may not be my favorite to play overall. I would still make a great effort to play him either way, though! Right now, it's looking like Lucina will be the one I want to main the most.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
Alright, I put it off for a while and lurked for like 40 pages, but finally dug up my old account to officially state support. So uh, add me to the list I guess? Isaac was my most wanted character in Brawl, is my most wanted character for Sm4sh. Golden Sun was the first game I played on the GBA, on a family friend's console. When I eventually got my own GBA, I first got a Chinese bootleg copy of the game, that frequently lost save data. I remember playing up to the Kraken in one fell swoop multiple times before eventually getting a legit copy of the game haha.

I actually think he has a very good chance of getting in this time. One of the main reasons I think so: Wasn't it said that Brawl AT's were often characters that Sakurai wanted to include but didn't have the time to? That plus, I don't think that it makes sense to only promote a single assist trophy to playable. Add to that that Isaac is one of only a few Brawl AT's not yet shown, and I have very high hopes. But I guess we shall see. *fingers crossed*

And to throw another random Isaac discussion topic into this post: What would you guys think if Isaac had psynergy for normal attacks and djinn for his specials, and the custom moveset options for him included different elements of djinn, which could change his class and thus what psynergy he uses? This is kind of a half-baked idea, as I don't know how exactly it would work (would using a djinn mid-battle also change what psynergy he uses? what combinations of djinn would result in what classes? etc), but I think it could definitely be interesting and a good way to make full use of Isaac's potential.

And @ Thereallucario Thereallucario , if Isaac isn't in, I might try out Robin, as an also magic swordsman type.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would make the utmost effort to get decent with Isaac even if his playstyle didn't initially "click" for me.

Though I get that's not what the question is asking.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So a little off topic (ill get back on soon) But if it turns out isacc isin't in the game who would your secondary main's go off to?

For me check my sig (if right now it exists)
Shulk. Takamaru. If by some tragedy none of the three make it in, I'm still real interested in Megaman (who I played briefly at Best Buy) and Little Mac. Maybe Villager as well.

I will always go back to some of my mains and alts from previous games. (Jigglypuff, Link, Samus, Pit, Bowser, and Luigi.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Doing my part to get this thread back on the front page were it belongs.

I kind of hate how many rosters I see out there that prioritize things like a 4th Star Fox rep of a 5th Zelda rep over Isaac (or any other new series rep.) The thing is, with Isaac, you don't JUST get an awesome character. You get Golden Sun as a series. You get music, a stage, assist trophies, and items. It's a much better deal in my opinion.
Um, a fifth Zelda rep is basically guaranteed. We've had five Zelda characters since Melee (since Sheik and Zelda aren't the same character).

Now a fourth Star Fox rep I agree on. I keep seeing all these rosters that are massive, but don't include Isaac anywhere. Kinda ridiculous IMO. Even as a DK fan I'd prioritize Golden Sun getting a rep before a fourth DK character (now a third DK character I would put in front of Isaac).

Top Bottom