• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genetically Enhanced Insect: Genesect Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
And the problem with his addition in Smash would be that it almost makes it necessary for the Pokemon Company to continue to market him in future generations(like they still do with Mewtwo and Lucario). We don't know if that is what they are intending. But if they tell Sakurai that they are, yeah, maybe he'll include him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And the problem with his addition in Smash would be that it almost makes it necessary for the Pokemon Company to continue to market him in future generations(like they still do with Mewtwo and Lucario). We don't know if that is what they are intending. But if they tell Sakurai that they are, yeah, maybe he'll include him.
Hmm.... not necessarily. See Jigglypuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, is it because Weegee is a boss?
It's because Luigi wins without doing anything. :troll:

Jokes aside, I care for Jigglypuff because I'm against cuts. I see no reason to cut a character especially when the moveset can't be inherited by any other character.

D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff was a decent idea at the time of its inclusion, but honestly, the thing has overstayed its welcome.
It's just too random now.
I may be against cuts, but if cuts were absolutely necessary, I'd say Jigglypuff should be the first to go.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Jigglypuff was a decent idea at the time of its inclusion, but honestly, the thing has overstayed its welcome.
It's just too random now.
I may be against cuts, but if cuts were absolutely necessary, I'd say Jigglypuff should be the first to go.
Agreed, Jigglypuff doesn't have any popularity outside of Japan, and even then I don't think it has appeared in the anime for ages by now (note: think, I haven't watched it in ages,) and given that's where its popularity came from, then what's the idea now? It was also meant as a joke character when it was first introduced in SSB64, if Pichu gets the boot for being a joke let Jigglypuff be the next.

I'm strongly against cuts usually, but I could make an exception for Jigglypuff, mostly because it's holding back Pokémon which have actual potential, like Genesect.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's because Luigi wins without doing anything. :troll:

Jokes aside, I care for Jigglypuff because I'm against cuts. I see no reason to cut a character especially when the moveset can't be inherited by any other character.
Luigi has never lost too. *LIES*

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.... not necessarily. See Jigglypuff.
However, at the time she was heavily promoted. She's a perfect example of why *NOT* to add someone like Genesect. (Because it's difficult/unfavourable to cut characters)

D

Deleted member

However, at the time she was heavily promoted. She's a perfect example of why *NOT* to add someone like Genesect. (Because it's difficult/unfavourable to cut characters)
Mewtwo wasn't heavily promoted much inbetween Melee and Brawl either.
Does that mean it was right for him to be axed?

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo wasn't heavily promoted much inbetween Melee and Brawl either.
Does that mean it was right for him to be axed?
I don't know what part of my comment you got that from. Of course I don't think that. The point I was trying to make is essentially the same as what I've been saying about Sakurai's Fire Emblem dilemma. That is, adding characters who may lose their significance at a later time puts him/us in a generally unfavourable position.

D

Deleted member

I don't really see what the last set of posts have to do with Genesect.
Then get a pair of glasses.
All of this is within the context of Genesect's inclusion. Just because we don't mention Genesect in every post doesn't mean we're staying off-topic.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
I
I dunno though, they could cut him like they did with Mewtwo or Pichu. And I've seen heavy discussion about cutting PT, Lucario and Jiggs. none have them are really used much for promotion these days anyways. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing any of them go so long as someone new and interesting (and deserving) replaced them, even though PT was my favourite announcement and the Puffmeister is like my main. But then again, it seems like I'm one of the only ones who doesn't want Roy back, and he was my favourite in Melee.
I guess.. I just... like... cuts..... D:

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
I

I dunno though, they could cut him like they did with Mewtwo or Pichu. And I've seen heavy discussion about cutting PT, Lucario and Jiggs. none have them are really used much for promotion these days anyways. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing any of them go so long as someone new and interesting (and deserving) replaced them, even though PT was my favourite announcement and the Puffmeister is like my main. But then again, it seems like I'm one of the only ones who doesn't want Roy back, and he was my favourite in Melee.
I guess.. I just... like... cuts..... D:
You're not alone, depending on the character I kinda like cuts too.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
for some reason after seeing the trailers I think his chances went up. 4's aesthetic and tone seems to be more comical, bright and "out there" than Brawl's serious one. Lucario suited the seriousness, but Genesect's manic grin and bright purple look and stuff just looks like it would fit better than zoroark.

the only better one would be pancham.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Bumping!

Gotta show some love to the Robo-Bug!
Do you guys think that Genesect appearing in a movie help his chances? Does playing opposite Mewtwo hurt them?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Bumping!

Gotta show some love to the Robo-Bug!
Do you guys think that Genesect appearing in a movie help his chances? Does playing opposite Mewtwo hurt them?
I think it does increase because of the fact that rivals of other characters is wanted and according to mewtwo 3rd movie genesect is mew twos rival
Oh by the way I think I got genesect a final smash down

It would be like what happens when Latinos or Latinas does when one of them comes out of the pokeball in brawl except the different a is the formation 5 genesects (like in the movie) and they come out of the screen twice as fast as the Latis and they come out in all directions randomly maybe even though the background screen and it ends with all 5 together like the bird formations we see in the sky and if it 3x more damage on this hit and you aim the last hit just like the dragoon

What do you guys think of the final smash I have an alternate if this would not work

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I actually came here to find out more about Genesect because when playing W2 Ghestis said he made Genesect? Something like that?

Basicly Genesect is the Mewtwo of gen5?

Gotta read up on it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I actually came here to find out more about Genesect because when playing W2 Ghestis said he made Genesect? Something like that?

Basicly Genesect is the Mewtwo of gen5?

Gotta read up on it.
Genesect is I believe a Pokémon that was revived from a fossil and then genetically enhanced with robot parts by Team Plasma. So yeah, basically it's the Mewtwo of Gen 5, except that this is a reborn Pokémon rather than a clone.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Genesect is I believe a Pokémon that was revived from a fossil and then genetically enhanced with robot parts by Team Plasma. So yeah, basically it's the Mewtwo of Gen 5, except that this is a reborn Pokémon rather than a clone.
Ahhh i see - Well in PKMN they coulda easily made his fossil obtainable to ressuruct in lab and get the real Genesect but the fossil is really rare maybe given to you by a important char near the end of da game like when steven gives you beldum in R/S that would have been cool...

But yeah before gen6 hit it waz all about Victini/Zoroak/Genesect..

Imo dont like Victini..less appealing choice..

Zoroak is ok..nothing special..
i waz nuteral about Genesect never hated or disliked him. Im kinda fond of him now but tbh i would perfer Deoxys over all of them by far. Using different forms to attack morphing into defense form when shielding, speedform for extremespeed/ Attack form for the ball thing he shoots at RayQ in that movie.

Would be too Sick.
But having Mewtwo & Deoxys is abit u know..even though they both will play very different..there both basic psychic but from different gen's. Hell i think it would be ok.

Lol at Repping Deoxys in a Genesect thread....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ahhh i see - Well in PKMN they coulda easily made his fossil obtainable to ressuruct in lab and get the real Genesect but the fossil is really rare maybe given to you by a important char near the end of da game like when steven gives you beldum in R/S that would have been cool...

But yeah before gen6 hit it waz all about Victini/Zoroak/Genesect..

Imo dont like Victini..less appealing choice..

Zoroak is ok..nothing special..
i waz nuteral about Genesect never hated or disliked him. Im kinda fond of him now but tbh i would perfer Deoxys over all of them by far. Using different forms to attack morphing into defense form when shielding, speedform for extremespeed/ Attack form for the ball thing he shoots at RayQ in that movie.

Would be too Sick.
But having Mewtwo & Deoxys is abit u know..even though they both will play very different..there both basic psychic but from different gen's. Hell i think it would be ok.

Lol at Repping Deoxys in a Genesect thread....
I've never been very fond of Victini or Zoroark either, and while Deoxys would be cool I still like the idea of Genesect more, because the cannon is just too cool. As for Genesect's original form, there are theories that it's a Kabutops, but we will likely never know for sure.

It really wouldn't be a bad idea to put Genesect in the game, he's getting his own movie and is getting his own TCG set right now too, if they really wanted to milk it then Genesect would be an ideal newcomer for Pokémon. Alas, Mewtwo is first in line, and for a good reason, though it'll most likely be his hideous new form, in which case I'd actually prefer Genesect.

D

Deleted member

I heavily doubt Genesect was a Kabutops.

Kabutops doesn't have a cannon on its back (and yes, the "Primasect" had a cannon; Team Plasma is only said to have modified it).
Also, how does Rock/Water become Bug/Steel?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Genesect could be an interesting fighter, notably because of its cannon and predatory mannerisms. I think it'd be really cool if it equipped projectile-firing items (like the Super Scope, Cracker Launcher, and Fire Flower) into its cannon rather than simply grasping them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well to help out with the grab I looked at his moveset and he can learn electroweb so that coulbe be how he grabs and the pummel could be a zap from the web I mean I needs a little bit but I might MIGHT have a potential moveset for genesect unless pokemon characters are only allowed to have moves it can learn on its own (aka leveling)

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
well to help out with the grab I looked at his moveset and he can learn electroweb so that coulbe be how he grabs and the pummel could be a zap from the web I mean I needs a little bit but I might MIGHT have a potential moveset for genesect unless pokemon characters are only allowed to have moves it can learn on its own (aka leveling)
Grabbing really isn't an issue since even Kirby and Jigglypuff can pull it off. Genesect can just "grab" people by having his claws around them.

Also, I can totally see him using point blank shots as part of his throws. Grabs pikachu, puts him up to his cannon and blast him into oblivion.

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
I feel like Genesect is actually the most likely Pokemon rep after Mewtwo. Zoroark and Victini would have been more likely 2 years ago, but not anymore. People seem to cite Zoroark as being the 'face of gen 5' like Lucario was for gen 4, but he really isn't. He was just popular because he was the flavor of the month since he was the star of the latest movie. Now, Genesect is the star of the new movie. So if a flavor of the month were to get in, it'd be Genesect, not Zoroark.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Gen V doesn't really have a face, true. But I still would say Zoroark is the closest thing to one.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not many people see it but see genesect as the most likly pokemon newcomer as of now he might get in all because of the movie and I'm pretty sure he's in the top 10 most popular 5th gen pokemon

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I think the different drives would be good as different costumes, whilst still allowing two people to use the same colour just discoloured like team battles

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think the different drives would be good as different costumes, whilst still allowing two people to use the same colour just discoloured like team battles
I always thought that changing between drives to alter your Standard-B was a cool idea for him, I'd love for them to integrate that into his moveset since that's also what makes him a pretty unique Pokémon.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Why do we still have Jigglypuff anyway? Who cares about it anymore.. :p

Jigglypuff is one of my favourite characters to play as. She's fast but not crazy fast and I like that she can flat around. I like using her double slap and rollout move a lot too.

Plus now she's a Fairy she has the potential for a moveset overhaul.

Genesect, I'm not really feeling it's potential. Mewtwo and Lucario would likely both have higher priority than Genesect. Even Zoroark would have higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom