• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genetically Enhanced Insect: Genesect Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm confused, why is Genesect shiny now? That said the movie poster looks bad***.

inb4 movie news.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure, but this movie's release in Japan (July i believe) will roughly coincide with E3 2013 (about a month apart). If Nintendo is looking into advertising, adding Genesect would really pump up enthusiasm, especially in Japan

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Trailer's out, and there's two Genesect?

I can actually understand and read some of the Japanese in the trailer, I even recognize some of the kanji. Yay me.

D

Deleted member

Interesting.
Twin Genesect.

Seems The Pokemon Company is really going all out on Genesect...
Now to wait until Feb. to see if Mewtwo is in it as well (Most secret Pokemon reveals and full titles appear during that month)

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
It almost looks like the Genesect transforms from regular to shiny in the middle of the trailer.

I would love to see an event where it's Genesect, Mewtwo, Lucario & Deoxys; there are four rounds, each one you play as a different character to figure out who should really deserves to be in the game :troll:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The shiny one speeds past the normal one. However, at the end it looks like the shiny one is changing colors...maybe for aesthetics purposes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Genesect MK II :awesome:

it has some parallels with Mewtwo, being man-made and such.

would be a nice addition to the roster, but I'm neutral on the inclusion of a Gen V Pokémon in SSB4. I think Brawl's Pokémon characters plus Mewtwo is already good enough.

of course that its Shiny coloration would be included, likely for the Red Team color, obviously.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Either way, Genesect is pretty cool. Whether or not he'll get in over Zoroark, I'm not sure. I actually think I'm leaning toward him

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Either way, Genesect is pretty cool. Whether or not he'll get in over Zoroark, I'm not sure. I actually think I'm leaning toward him
Hey, if Genesect gets in over him; that doesn't mean Zoroark won't appear. From what I'm seeing now; he has a best chance as a boss battle rather than poke-item if he doesn't get in.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I used to be a big Victini supporter but Genesect grew on me. I just made a moveset for him. It only contains A button moves, as B moves are all remotely similar.

Genesect Stats
Power-4/5
Attack Speed-3.9/5
Dash Speed-4/5
Priority-3.6/5
Jumps-3/5
Recovery-3.9/5
Weight-3.7/5-(same as Wolf)
FAll Speed-3.7/5
Fast Fall Speed-4.8/5
Range-3/5

Jab-Bug Buzz-Gene blasts waves of energy that hit the foes in a manner similar to Mewtwo's jab from Melee.
Up Tilt-Magnet Bomb-shoots a short range projectile upward from cannon 9%
Ftilt-Iron Head-lunges forward while headbutting. 10%
Dtilt-Energy Ball-blasts a ball of solar energy on tge ground. Good horizontal knockback but short range. 12%
Dash Attack-U-Turn-If it hits the foe, it deals strong knockback and he jumps backwards 2 character spaces. If it misses, he is left with a lot of ending lag. 13%-KOs around 150%

Nair-Thunder Wave-unleashes a wave of electricity that shocks the opponent. 11%
Uair-Flash Cannon-blasts a ball of white energy upwards. Excellent range and combo potential. 11%
Fair-X-Scissor-slashes forward in an X shape. Good edgeguard move.
Bair-Aerial Ace-rushes behind him very quickly. 9% VERY COMBOABLE and a great approach move.
Dair-Giga Impact-Gene becomes aflame and rushes downwards, powerful meteor smashing foes. It can be tilted, and when it hits the ground, it has a large radius where it explodes. An attack with one of the highest priorites in the game, has the power to absolutely destroy shields, and Gene even has super armor. 18%. Has extremely long ending lad though, comparable to Link's down aerial.

Up Smash-Flamethrower-charges cannon and blasts fire from it. Very powerful. 16-23%
Side Smash-Ice Beam-charges cannon and blasts blue energy from it. Quite powerful, but his weakest smash attack.. Can freeze foes. 18-24%
Down Smash-Thunderbolt-summons two lightning bolts to fall on both sides of him. Massive vertical range, good power, but long ending lag.-15-21%

Pummel-stabs foe with other arm
Up Throw-transforms, flies upward with foe, and drops them, while rushing down to meet it. 10%
Fthrow-blasts foe forward with signal beam-8%
Bthrow-uses magnet bomb to blast the opponent backwards.
Downthrow-uses Zap Cannon to stun the foe. 10%

B-Techno Blast
Up B-Magnet RIse-floats upwards, very similar to R.O.B's recovery move but doesn't even go half the distance and he can be hit out of it with a projectile. Very long ending lag if it hits the ground.
Side B-Rock Polish-Genesect sparkles and rushes forward very fast, getting across half of final destination in about 3/4 of a second. Deals 9% damage and stuns opponents. Pres A at the end of the attack to use U Turn, hitting the foe for 11% damage and high knockback, enough to Ko around 125%.
DOwn B-Metal Claw-slashes violently with its left claw. Deals 15% damage with moderate knockback, but can KO around 150%

Final Smash-Transforms and shoots enemies with its laser cannon. The shots have enough power to KO at 50%, are ridiculously fast, and have great range. After 15 seconds, Genesect lands and transforms into its grounded form. Shots deal 30%

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
If he had that moveset and those stats, Genesect would be a force to be reckon with!

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
If he had that moveset and those stats, Genesect would be a force to be reckon with!
My set is countered by Marth, as he has boasts superior range, similar speed and power.

Btw-Genesect beats Zoroark hands down in my opinion. Zoroark has little support, it just that people view it as the next Lucario. Genesect has support in many places, spanning from Gamefaqs to ign to WiiUdaily to neosekeer etc. If the 16th movie gives Genesect awesome fighting skills, Genesect may be popular enough for a playable character in SSB4.

Either him, or Volcarona-my 2 fave pokemon.

peeup

Smash Lord
Why is there so much support for Genesect? I mean I don't hate him, but I'd rather see Lucario return, or Zoroark take his place, or for the love of god Mewtwo.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Why is there so much support for Genesect? I mean I don't hate him, but I'd rather see Lucario return, or Zoroark take his place, or for the love of god Mewtwo.
He's an robotic insect with a titanic cannon on his back. It's as simple as that. Based on my understanding, most people support Genesect (and pokemon reps in general) for the coolness factor they bring to the game. Most of the reps in Smash (Mewtwo, Charizard, and Lucario) fall firmly into the 'cool' category.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Actually. If we get a 5th gen rep, and it's genesect, (which I doubt both will happen because I expect a 6th gen rep,) I half expect it to be red. Because the Lucario in brawl was the one from his movie, I think the same would apply to genesect

:phone:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually. If we get a 5th gen rep, and it's genesect, (which I doubt both will happen because I expect a 6th gen rep,) I half expect it to be red. Because the Lucario in brawl was the one from his movie, I think the same would apply to genesect

Except that Genesect didn't reach the level of popularity Lucario enjoyed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll retract my comment. I hadn't seen the genesect movie trailer. Sorry.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
2. He's their current poster bitçh, I doubt it matters.

He's not.

He's in the same place as Deoxsys and Arceus were.

His popularity will pass once we get a new generation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Current movie related Pokemon = not the poster Pokemon.

This even makes me miss Victini. :rolleyes: People jump on Pokemon bandwagons way too quickly. In which I can only reply:

GIVE ME BLASTOISE!! :009:

Warning: This picture might be too epic for those in this thread to view. Take extreme pre-caution:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There are enough Gen1 pokémon in brawl. Some new and less known faces, we need.
GIVE ME GARDEVOIR, i'll main her.

CoolGhoul

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolGhoul
Switch FC
SW-6195-9616-6794

#649 Genesect Bug/Steel
Special Moves: "B Techno Blast", "B+down Flame Charge", "B+up Extremespeed", "B+side U-turn".
Final smash: Download#1, Selfdestruct#2
Toggle Between 1 of 5 Drives by Pushing in the Analog stick button & hold & tilt direction (upChill,leftDouse,rightShock, & downBurn, Drives.) reset to normal drive with a push.

Note: new revealed event moves - ShiftGear,BlazeKick,Extremespeed. (can switch flamecharge for blazekick)

Appearances
Games: Pokemon black/white, black2/white2 versions, Pokedex 3D pro, Pokemon Rumble U.
Films:Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening
Additional Info
Up Taunt: Pauses and becomes completely still, and its eyes flash on-and-off with a red light. While doing this, Genesect utters a noise similar to its in-game cry.
Side Taunt: Hunches over and aims its cannon straight forward.
Down Taunt: Uses Hone Claws. Slowly slides one claw along the razor edge of the other, producing a sharp, knife-like sound, then alternates claws.
On-Screen Appearance: Darts onto the stage in its flight mode, stopping in place a few inches in the air, and quickly repositions itself into its bipedal stance. Genesect's eyes flash in a red light, and it slams down onto the stage in a tripod stance. It then goes into its idle pose.
SUPPORT GENESECT!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Genesect has big potential for a great character, even if his chances aren't very big I'd take him over Lucario and Zoroark any day. Yes please!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like him as much as Zoroark, though Lucario beats both of them for me. So I'm a semi-supporter.

CoolGhoul

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolGhoul
Switch FC
SW-6195-9616-6794
I believe Genesect's chances of being a playable character are higher than we expect. Genesect's popularity is still going up and has been receiving a fair amount of attention/promotion for the past few months this year (A movie with an epic battle with Mewtwo,merchandise,events,and so on..) Now if only Genesect's popularity can continue to rise and prosper then this pokemon's chances will ultimately prevail. Let's make sure of it so our cries will reach Sakurai's ears hopefully... lol.
imo Genesect has LOTS of potential to be a fun exciting and great fighter. :)

D

Deleted member

Like I said before, Genesect would be awesome to have in the next Smash, even if he has very slim chances.

I'm all for a six slots situation where Lucario, Mewtwo and Genesect all co-exist.

D

Deleted member

To continue the Genesect vs. Mewtwo war in Smash would be cool.
That being said, I personally don't see it happening unless Sakurai is already interested in Genesect or GameFreak suggests it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom