• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

So hey look at what I did.
Heh... what an ironic death.

Dear Sonic,

You're too slow!

- Love, Bayonetta

Also, it's kind of funny how Smash has 2 Capcom and 2 Sega characters. Bayonetta technically is owned by Sega despite being published by Nintendo for Bayonetta 2 and developed by Platinum Games. Maybe this is revenge from Bayonetta for Sega not trusting in her sequel's ability to sell.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Witch Twist has high knock back on the starting frames I think. I noticed that I knock people pretty high into the air when I hit them near the ledge when recovering. Killing at 30% though... jeez.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Someone in the CCI just gave me an idea... Could someone try jump-canceling Bayonetta's Up Smash while pivoting it? Considering the large hitbox, she might be able to use create a giant hitbox while retreating. It should look something like this, but not exactly since I don't know how far Bayonetta will slide during a JC Up Smash.

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
Someone in the CCI just gave me an idea... Could someone try jump-canceling Bayonetta's Up Smash while pivoting it? Considering the large hitbox, she might be able to use create a giant hitbox while retreating. It should look something like this, but not exactly since I don't know how far Bayonetta will slide during a JC Up Smash.
Up Smash pretty much halts your momentum sadly.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
I just did a crude test for this. She slides only about a half a squares distance on omega GHZ. For reference, Fox slid a little over 3.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aww... Welp, guess she won't be able to do wacky stuff... Going to assume this is the same for pivot Side Smash?

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Aww... Welp, guess she won't be able to do wacky stuff... Going to assume this is the same for pivot Side Smash?
Most of if not all her smash attacks halt her movement entirely so I would assume you won't be able to pivot side smash. Then again I could just be talking out my ass gotta practice more with her.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Most of if not all her smash attacks halt her movement entirely so I would assume you won't be able to pivot side smash. Then again I could just be talking out my *** gotta practice more with her.
Well, you can pivot Side Smash like with everyone else, but you probably can't slide with hers is what I'm getting at.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Well, you can pivot Side Smash like with everyone else, but you probably can't slide with hers is what I'm getting at.
Oh ok that makes sense only played Bayo the first 2 days she was out and that's it been busy... but i'll def get back to practicing her also It's probably an obvious answer but did you Play DMC4 special edition?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Omg have you guys seen Bayo on a ladder yet

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh ok that makes sense only played Bayo the first 2 days she was out and that's it been busy... but i'll def get back to practicing her also It's probably an obvious answer but did you Play DMC4 special edition?
No, I haven't played are DMC4: SE or DmC: Devil May Cry. Would love too since Vergil's in DMC4: SE and I liked Ninja Theory's take on DmC - felt like an Ultimate universe or alternate universe thing comics did.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Phew, just like Robin, Bayonetta has quite the learning curve. It took me a while to get used to her unusual recovery. Nevertheless, I am determined to master her playstyle, for she is mine official co-main. I've been practising like crazy in All-Star Hard Mode and the "FINAL Final Battle" event match. Once I feel I'm ready, I'm going in For Glory.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
No, I haven't played are DMC4: SE or DmC: Devil May Cry. Would love too since Vergil's in DMC4: SE and I liked Ninja Theory's take on DmC - felt like an Ultimate universe or alternate universe thing comics did.
Dude DMC4: SE is so freaking awesome and Vergil is without a doubt overpowered as all hell and I love it his combos are just epic! as for DmC: Devil May Cry I wasn't a huge fan on the story.. it was kind of lacking for me and wasn't a big fan of Dante's personality in that game but it didn't stop me from getting the game. With that being said Gameplay was phenomenal and the stage design was epic and don't get me started on the Badass soundtrack!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Phew, just like Robin, Bayonetta has quite the learning curve. It took me a while to get used to her unusual recovery. Nevertheless, I am determined to master her playstyle, for she is mine official co-main. I've been practising like crazy in All-Star Hard Mode and the "FINAL Final Battle" event match. Once I feel I'm ready, I'm going in For Glory.
actually, on allstar mode and classic, the knockback scale is twice as much as normal meaning you will be more "used" to her attacks having more launching power. its better to train on versus/training to get the solid ground first

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
DmC: **** YOU may cry is **** though. Everything about it aside from the art direction.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Also, it's kind of funny how Smash has 2 Capcom and 2 Sega characters. Bayonetta technically is owned by Sega despite being published by Nintendo for Bayonetta 2 and developed by Platinum Games.
...?

How does sega "technically own" bayonetta? Sega only published the first game. Shes owned by PlatinumGames.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
For those of you who haven't seen it (I don't think it's been posted here yet?), NinjaLink made a magnificent run with solo Bayonetta today at Nebs. Took #THE ANTi to last game of set 2, last hit as well. He tore through many players with just a day 5 Bayo. While part of it is likely due to a lack of MU experience, his Bayonetta was absolutely nuts.

Stream Matches can be viewed here (Houseof3000 Youtube)

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I'm so confused right now.

Copyrights, how does they work???
Also SEGA are still credited in the opening for Bayo 2.

The only reason SEGA couldnt publish Bayo 2 was because they suffered a huge financial loss and couldnt afford to work on any more IPs rather than the big guns like Sonic, so Bayo 2 was left as a broken dream till Nintendo came along.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Also SEGA are still credited in the opening for Bayo 2.

The only reason SEGA couldnt publish Bayo 2 was because they suffered a huge financial loss and couldnt afford to work on any more IPs rather than the big guns like Sonic, so Bayo 2 was left as a broken dream till Nintendo came along.
>Like Sonic

What other huge IPs do they have?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
NinjaLink NinjaLink congrats on 2nd place at Nebulous, you really made her shine after such a short time.
So I'm sure you did extensive labbing on her combos but you didn't land too many in that tourney, especially not the big ones.
Is it safe to assume that DI played a huge role there? Seems like it's kind of a guessing game to even get stuff like ABK > uSpecial.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Then when Nintendo decided to publish people whined about how it was a wii u exclusive despite the fact that nintendo promised more hardcore exclusives that related to all ages, not just for kids. Yet people were mad about nintendo stayig true to what they promised.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Then when Nintendo decided to publish people whined about how it was a wii u exclusive despite the fact that nintendo promised more hardcore exclusives that related to all ages, not just for kids. Yet people were mad about nintendo stayig true to what they promised.
People weren't mad because of what Nintendo said, they were mad because Bayo 2 ended up being on neither xBone or PS4, which was safe to assume after Bayo 1 being on 360 and PS3.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
For those of you who haven't seen it (I don't think it's been posted here yet?), NinjaLink made a magnificent run with solo Bayonetta today at Nebs. Took #THE ANTi to last game of set 2, last hit as well. He tore through many players with just a day 5 Bayo. While part of it is likely due to a lack of MU experience, his Bayonetta was absolutely nuts.

Yaaaassssss Ninjalink u look so good gurl!!!!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
NinjaLink NinjaLink congrats on 2nd place at Nebulous, you really made her shine after such a short time.
So I'm sure you did extensive labbing on her combos but you didn't land too many in that tourney, especially not the big ones.
Is it safe to assume that DI played a huge role there? Seems like it's kind of a guessing game to even get stuff like ABK > uSpecial.
I didnt really lab her combos that much. I played at most 2 days of her, 1 being release day which i was also exploring corrin and the other someone asked me to play lol I just reacted the best I could to where the opponent was and made stuff up on the spot. I still have to work on confirms as i know i could have did more damage per hit. Yes DI is a huge factor as that can change the combo completely.

day 2 and a half really lol
Yaaaassssss Ninjalink u look so good gurl!!!!
*Poses Dramatically*
*The audience screams*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm so confused right now.

Copyrights, how does they work???
It's called work for hire. Sega owns all of Platinum's IP's except for ones third parties commissioned them for like Nintendo with W101 and Starfox Zero. It's why Namco owns Xenosaga and not the Xenoblade titles.

That being said, Nintendo holds SOME copyright over Bayonetta 2.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Potential Bayonetta customs!
B1: Onyx Roses: The shots are slower, but do more damage
B2: Kafka: A single arrow that when fully charged, deal poison damage
Side B1: Durga flame, the kick is now a kill move at the sacrifice of less range
Side B2: Durga lighting. Think Ike's Close Combat for After Burner Kick
Up B1: Alruna, longer start up, but can grab enemies from above and slam them too the ground
Up B2: Rakshasa: Extended reach and much more damage, but makes Bayonetta helpless
Down B1: Rosemary beads: When countering, Witch Time doesn't trigger, but a powerful projectile gets launched from where Bayo was hit, works on projectiles
Down B2: Parry.Witch Time isn't triggered, but the foe instead gets stunned for a short amount of time

Thoughts?

blackghost

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post
zero has made 2 videos on our favorite umbra nad they've both been absolutely horrible. he's giving out a lot of misinformation. just avoid his videos if you want knowledge watch nairo or ninjalink

People weren't mad because of what Nintendo said, they were mad because Bayo 2 ended up being on neither xBone or PS4, which was safe to assume after Bayo 1 being on 360 and PS3.
the wiiu release of bayonetta 2 did more in sales than the combine ps3 and 360 sales. those bases didn't buy her games and then had the nerve to comlain whennintendo funds a game and it isnt on xbox1 or ps4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
the wiiu release of bayonetta 2 did more in sales than the combine ps3 and 360 sales. those bases didn't buy her games and then had the nerve to comlain whennintendo funds a game and it isnt on xbox1 or ps4.
Holy **** I wanted to call you out but the Bayo 2 sales are waaaaay higher than I expected.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
zero has made 2 videos on our favorite umbra nad they've both been absolutely horrible. he's giving out a lot of misinformation. just avoid his videos if you want knowledge watch nairo or ninjalink
Personally, I like Nairo more to begin with. Zero focuses way too much on her weaknesses which basically translate to "she's not Sheik". Never mind he does not understand that this character is like polar opposite of his playstyle. You have to actually use all her moves and she's a punisher character. If I had the video sources, I'd make a video going into how to play the Bayonetta games and transfer that to Smash.

On the subject of Bayo 2 sales, I've heard they're actually pretty good for a WiiU game, but they're going to spike big time following the upcoming rerelease. Smash exposure is a very powerful marketing tool.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Pretty sure the people who complained were the few who di
Personally, I like Nairo more to begin with. Zero focuses way too much on her weaknesses which basically translate to "she's not Sheik". Never mind he does not understand that this character is like polar opposite of his playstyle. You have to actually use all her moves and she's a punisher character. If I had the video sources, I'd make a video going into how to play the Bayonetta games and transfer that to Smash.

On the subject of Bayo 2 sales, I've heard they're actually pretty good for a WiiU game, but they're going to spike big time following the upcoming rerelease. Smash exposure is a very powerful marketing tool.
Will it? It is a re-release and I don't think those typically cause a huge boost in sales unless there was a significant amount of time between the two.

d buy the game. But I guess it's easier to just make broad generalizations.

Top Bottom