• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Same here. If you ever need to train with Ganondorf Dittos or against Link, Ike, or Shulk I would be happy to help!
Yeah I'm always up for matches, you have which version? This applies to anyone, just quoting the last post addressed to me.

Thanks for giving it a watch everyone! I'm especially proud of that arrow powershield into a gale boomerang fsmash lol.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm always up for matches, you have which version? This applies to anyone, just quoting the last post addressed to me.

Thanks for giving it a watch everyone! I'm especially proud of that arrow powershield into a gale boomerang fsmash lol.
I have both, but if you have the Wii U version, I would definitely prefer that(for obvious reasons)

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481

Maybe tonight on 3ds.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
In order to promote tournaments with customs being legal, it has been proposed that every character should have 8 slots with pre-built custom move loadouts to cut down on the extra time investments/costs TO's have to deal with. Most characters have 2-4 common/optimal loadouts anyway and maybe a few more situation ones. Using these pre-built slots, most of the hassles for TO's regarding the logistics of custom moves can be eliminated.

All that needs to be done is unlocking the customs once on a 3DS, and then the TO's can transfer all the common loadouts to every Wii U setup beforehand. In order for this to really catch on, the community has to agree on the 8 pre-built loadouts for each character. What's important here is that not every single possible combination needs to be included, only the best few. While the last few slots may be debateable, what's important is that there needs to be a consensus and that compromises should be expected. Even if your preferred loadout isn't one of the 8 chosen and no one at the tourney has a 3DS with your combination unlocked (highly unlikely worst case scenario) it is better than no customs allowed at all for nationals like APEX.

Perhaps a discussion on which 8 combinations are best for Ganon should take place in a new thread?

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I can just say it right here. All customs with the wizards assault shouldn't be there. That frees up 3 spots right there. And the original Dark Dive can also go away because it is a move that is outclassed by Dark Fist in almost every way, and Dark Vault is more usefull as well. And for these custom tournaments, even if a predetermined custom move set isn't there, I don't see why they can't change it for just the match. It takes about the same amount of time to turn Tap Jump off

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
It would probably be from 3:30cst(4:30est I believe) to 9:00cst(10:00est).
Should be perfect, I look forward to it.
If I can't make it I'll let you know.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Should be perfect, I look forward to it.
If I can't make it I'll let you know.
Same here. I am happy to learn what you are doing and I hope you can learn some things from me as well. :)
Ganondorf vs Ganondorf is one of the best mirror matches to learn from. So I look forward to it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Sent you a request on Wii U verson. Would love to play whenever you are available to.
Tomorrow should be a good day for me, does that sound good for you too? We could even do rotation if you're both okay with that.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Same here. I am happy to learn what you are doing and I hope you can learn some things from me as well. :)
Ganondorf vs Ganondorf is one of the best mirror matches to learn from. So I look forward to it.
If you drop your NNID I'd be down to play some ganon vs ganon somtetime.

edit: Well looks like everything seems to work out :)

Also if anyone else wants to play just message me, would love to play as many people as I can.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If you drop your NNID I'd be down to play some ganon vs ganon somtetime.

edit: Well looks like everything seems to work out :)
Mine is the same as my name. Lozjam.
Tomorrow should be a good day for me, does that sound good for you too? We could even do rotation if you're both okay with that.
I'm completely fine with that. Seeing the playstyles of 2 Ganondorfs will be beneficial to all of us.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah I love mirrors, although I haven't fought many Ganon mains. I've only fought one who gave me a nice fight, we were very even and it was a lot of fun.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The price for those increased from $20 to $100 just after the North American release, I believe.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
The GameCube adapter is soo expensive.... GameStop lost my preorder for the $20 one too. Just wait a bit so they can stock up and it can be cheaper. In the meantime, I reccomend the Hori Fight Pad. It's only $25 and it has the exact same layout as a GameCube controller. It feels pretty good too.
image.jpg

I guess Nintendo thought the GC adapter would be niche.... They couldn't have been more wrong, as everyone and their mother knows the GameCube controller is the only way to play smash right.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Be sure to get a GC controller adapter. I didn't reserve one and now they're hard to find.
Bah, don't worry man. I'd have to be an idiot not to reserve it!

GameStop lost my preorder for the $20 one too.
...Wow, american game shops are the ****s. how does the shop lose the pre-order? surely they give you a receipt for your reserve and you just collect on the day?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Well, if you're on now, I can do a few.
Woops, didn't see this, you free now or in a bit?

Also, am I the only one that prefers the Classic Controller? It lets me Use Up Special out of shield easier due to button placement(Not just the defaults but placement themselves). I mean it's kinda like a better 3DS as a controller.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Woops, didn't see this, you free now or in a bit?

Also, am I the only one that prefers the Classic Controller? It lets me Use Up Special out of shield easier due to button placement(Not just the defaults but placement themselves). I mean it's kinda like a better 3DS as a controller.
Sure. I can do a few rounds. Did you add me? I added you.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Bah, don't worry man. I'd have to be an idiot not to reserve it!

...Wow, american game shops are the ****s. how does the shop lose the pre-order? surely they give you a receipt for your reserve and you just collect on the day?
It was basically, "even if you had your reserve on the adapter, we don't have one for you. Screw you, here's your money"

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Hey guys, I'll be going to "The Come Up"–the Official Canadian event for the Apex 2015 World Circuit, which is the biggest Canadian tournament of the winter. It'll feature a lot of big names not just from Canada, but around the world. It takes place the weekend after the coming. And during the coming weekend, I may be able to catch another tourney, so be prepared to see a lot of Ray Kalm Ganon action around.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Will have access to the U at around 6:30ish est.

Top Bottom