• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon Combo Thread

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
OK so I've been wanting one of these for ages so I've decided to set it up myself.

Bowser
Chaingrab: 0-72%

Captain Falcon
(% needed): U-throw -> down-B / D-tilt
Low%'s: D-throw -> Jab -> F-air (if tech missed)

Donkey Kong
Chaingrab: 21-69%

Dr. Mario

Falco
Chaingrab: 12%-Death
Chaingrab Trick: When they are going to DI backwards, U-throw ->B-air
(approx. 100-130%): D-throw -> down-B
(approx. 40%): D-throw -> side-B -> side-B -> U-air
(% needed): D-air -> Grab
(% needed): D-air -> side-B -> Aerial
(% needed): D-air -> U-smash (if he doesn't DI)
(% needed): D-throw -> F-tilt
D-air -> side-B -> D-throw -> U-throw -> down-B

Fox
Chaingrab: 34%-Death
(approx. 100-130%): D-throw -> down-B
(approx. 40%): D-throw -> side-B -> side-B -> U-air
D-air -> side-B -> D-throw -> U-throw -> down-B

Game and Watch
Chaingrab: 0-28%

Ganondorf
Chaingrab: 0-67%

Ice Climbers

Jigglypuff

Kirby

Link
Chaingrab: 0-74%

Luigi

Mario

Marth
Chaingrab: 0-15%
(Low %'s): D-air -> Grab
(10%+): D-throw -> U-air / B-air (DI dependent)
(0-15%): Chaingrab -> Upwards F-tilt
(Low %): Chaingrab -> N-air -> U-air (DI dependent)

Basic openers: D-air, sideB and D-Throw

Mewtwo

Ness
Chaingrab: 0-18%

Peach
0-10%: D-throw -> Jab -> U-air -> ...
0%: D-throw -> N-air
Low %'s: Stomp -> D-throw -> U-air

Pichu
Chaingrab: 0-54%

Pikachu
Chaingrab: 0-37%

Roy
Chaingrab: 0-91%

Samus

Sheik
Chaingrab: 0-90%
(Approx. 80%): U-throw -> Fair/Bair
(Approx. 80%): D-throw -> F-smash
(Low-Mid%): D-tilt -> D-tilt

Yoshi
Chaingrab: 0-36%

Young Link
Chaingrab: 0-72%

Zelda

Congrats to Linguini, the winner of this weeks...
Combo of the Week: Stomp -> D-throw -> F-smash
Works on Peach

This weeks combo discussion: Captain Falcon

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
OK so I've been wanting one of these for ages so I've decided to set it up myself.

VS fox / falco (approx. 100-130%): D-throw -> down-B
VS fox / falco (approx. 40%): D-throw -> side-B -> side-B -> U-air

VS marth (0%): D-throw -> D-throw -> side-B -> B-air -> B-air

VS peach (0%): D-throw -> U-smash (not a long combo, but an effective one - about 50% dmg)

All contributions to this list are welcomed, as are discussions on the usefulness/uselessness of these :p
Swizzy why don't you make the first post more presentable and maybe we can get this to expand into a great thread.

Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Dr. Mario
Falco
Fox
Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Mewtwo
Ness
Peach
Pichu
Pikachu
Roy
Samus
Sheik
Yoshi
Young Link
Zelda

Copy and paste this list on the first post and edit it accordingly.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, thats what i was hoping would happen, but I guess you're right, I do need to make it more presentable. I find one of the most difficult things about Ganon is that it's hard to combo. You need to know exactly what works and when. This is probably true for all characters, but Ganon's guranteed combos are few and far between so a comprehensive list would be an amazing asset.

Please post and discuss combos :)

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
That Marth and Peach combo is BS. Peach can neutral at 0% and Marth shouldn't be getting hit with a side B.

Lets keep it simple. Start with his openers. These moves almost always lead to a second hit.

Grab>Dthrow/Uthrow>...
Dair>...
SideB>...
Dtilt>...

Put "Chain grab" on each character that can be and to what percent. check Magus' chain grabbing guide as a reference.

On fast fallers Uthrow to downB/dtilt works.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure D-throw -> Side-B doesn't work on Marth at 0%?
I use it on people all the time, it works on the top players here in the UK (I know it's a different version but I don't think they changed Ganon's D-throw or Side-B)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'm not so sure about this thread. Not that you won't do a good job Swizzy, but I just think I'd like it more if Tipman (PaperstSoapCo) would take over since he is a legendary Ganon main. Are you up to it Tipman? Start a new thread?

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
When the topic came up in the linguini Q&A thread, I suggested that someone more experienced do it, however no-one stepped up to the plate, and I want one of these. If anyone feels they would do a better job and wants to take over then feel free... until then I'm happy to continue it for my own, and others, benefit as I think it's a good resource to have.

By the way, if you have any suggestions as to layout / formatting etc. clueless (or anyone else) then throw them my way.

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
Vs. Bowser, you can repeat neutral A's and Dtilts 'til like 80% then smack him away with a Fair, Uair, Bair, Usmash, Fsmash, down-B, or squeeze a little more damage in with a Dair.

Sorry for the randomness. Just a little combo I found with several possibilities. Works on others too, but can't do it as long cause Boozer's the heaviest.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Eh, I didn't really feel like typing a whole bunch so why don't we break this down. Let's start with Falco combos. Guini, you know this match up great. Drop us some knowledge. I'm tired and really only have two set ups. Dair to grab or Dair, side B to finisher (any aerial I can land) and the other I already said was Uthrow to downB or Dtilt. With a missed DI you can get an other Dtilt in after that Uthrow or get a jump canceled grab. I'll toss percentages your way when I get on the cube later. I kinda just wing it and don't watch percents much.

BTW Swizzy that first post is looking very promising. I'll try and put as much as I know on it as the time passes.

Oh, and put on the first post

This week's combo discussion Falco.

Linguini

Smash Master
Alright so vs falco theres a couple of set combos.

Dair to grab to jab is pretty standard because it will lead into a techase,or if they dont tech you can fair them.
If your feeling spicy chaingrab the falco(I like to do this) and then u-throw when you think they will DI back and bair them.
Dair to side-b to bair is pretty good although I prefer to grab.

Dair to u smash works if they don't DI and usually kills at ridiulous percentages. Yesterday on yoshis I stomped a falco under the top platform around 60%, wavelanded onto the top platform and u smashed hitting with the tip of my toe, he died lol.
Theres a trick to kill falco really quickly if you stomp and then hit with the crotch area. This sends falco horizontally with massive knockback.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
What if... you're right up against the edge of the stage, facing towards the middle of the stage and you grab falco (or even fox). downthrow -> and if they DI in (off the stage), can you wavedash off the stage and hit them with the bair? kind of like a reverse ganon dropzone? is that possible?

just a postulation =-P

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Good choice doing one per week tip, makes it a much more structured thread.

Mokumo, dunno if your trick works, but one I like in the same situation is when they DI behind you, turn and F-tilt them. Since they are already DI-ing away, it sends them flying (until they get used to it anyway). Can kill with this on about 60% on some levels. Only works on chaingrabbable %'s

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Mokumo running off and Uair would probably work. You reminded me though, a combo I like doing that works on a lot of characters including Falco is down throw while on a platform and fall through Uair. On floatier characters this doesn't work but I only seem to remember doing this when I'm playing spacies.

On platforms, Dthrow to fall through Uair. Dthrow to run off Uair should work just the same.

Also Swizzy I'll post a list of stage based combos. There are a few I'd like to bring to light for those who haven't seen em.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
At low percents, can't you Dthrow to fall through Dair? I know you can SHFFL Dairs and hit, standing under the platform on YS.

VA

Smash Hero
Marth is lighter in PAL and combos that involve fair and dair will be different due to knockback changes.

Also, Fox is lighter so chaingrab in PAL has different %'s.

Good job swizzy.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
It sucks that fall through Dair doesn't work on platforms. Platform tech chasing with Dair is really good, though. It leads to more moves if they're at low %s.

Also, if you ever land a DSmash, Side B is a guarantee'd hit if they don't tech, I think. I don't know any set ups to a DSmash, though. But from there, the combos continue. I normally grab if its a Space Animal, because it leads into more. If not, just aerial them off-stage and edgeguard accordingly.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
BUMP - Character discussion of the week: Marth

Tip, feel free to add those falco stage specific combos you were talking about any time.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Um, I know this is kinda a lil ahead of what's going on, but I'm just kinda passing through.

I know ganon can d.throw -> b.air/u.air doc and some specific percents (like 80's or so, i dont exactly know WHEN but I know he can do it).

I do know he can NEVER d.throw -> f.air doc and it combo.

Aside from that, standard ganon bulls**t (d.air -> moveset) works at some point and time.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Downthrow to uair or bair is basic at any percent past 10. What Clueless said about the downthrow chain grab at 0 is always nice to have. You usually have to finish it with a uair or angle up ftilt. You can get faired out of bair during that combo.

There aren't to many combos in this match but there is a lot to note.

Basic openers all seem to work in this match up. Them being dair, side B and dthrow. All three lead to some aerial.

Linguini

Smash Master
At 0 you can CG to 15-20 percent and either u air, tilt or bair if they DI behind. Dthrow to nair works if they di to the front and you can follow that up with an uair.

Tommay I'm down to play on the 18th, I tried giving you a call but no answer.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
At 0 you can CG to 15-20 percent and either u air, tilt or bair if they DI behind. Dthrow to nair works if they di to the front and you can follow that up with an uair.

Tommay I'm down to play on the 18th, I tried giving you a call but no answer.
I might be down. Where would we get games in? Unless you're in LI I don't know of a place to play. If you can't find anyone I'll ask around.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Downthrow to uair or bair is basic at any percent past 10.
*nods* I get chya.

Only reason I even bothered to mention is because I looked at it the other day cause I let d.throw -> f.air fly sometimes as doc. So I started to wonder if any of it actually comboed or if I was just ********.

Just 1/3rd ********.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Never tried that RIP. Gonna test it out now. Sounds crazy though.

Tested it. Can't happen. Would have been funny if it worked.
Okay so I plugged in a controller to mess around with the follow-ups possible after a DThrow on a platform. I remembered the fall through Dair thing I imagined, so I wondered if I can fall through, double jump, Dair. It doesn't work 100%. Also note that I only tested this on FFers, so results may vary with floatier characters.

Here's the conditions. This combo only connects if they land on the platform. It only works on the lower platforms of DL, because the DJ won't put you back onto the stage. It works on every platform that doesn't have ground directly below it (i.e. Brinstar's platforms have no ground below it; top platforms of every stage).

Now, I don't know how practical this can be, since I tested it with no DI. Let me know how it works out with you guys.

Also, on any stage, Grab on a platform -> DThrow -> Fall through -> DJ -> Edge canceled Dair -> DJ -> Platform Dash -> Bair/Fair/Uair is amazing and looks hella flashy.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Also, on any stage, Grab on a platform -> DThrow -> Fall through -> DJ -> Edge canceled Dair -> DJ -> Platform Dash -> Bair/Fair/Uair is amazing and looks hella flashy.
Lawl at that super combo. I though about fall through double jump aerials cause of Ganons slow jump speed. I'll toss it around next time I get to play someone. See where it takes me. Though the only variation of that combo I like is if they DI off the platform and you run off stomp.

Dogy I think Docs dthrow puts the opponent in more stun at earlier percents than Ganon. Sometimes Ganon can trade fairs but at a moderately high percent. By then the stock is usually gone though.

Hey Dogy how can I be a mod?

-YouKnowYouWantMeOnDaTeam :uzi:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
I was playing Hax the other day. I'll call him up and Warriorknight to see if they wanna chill with the souf's Ganons.

Other than that, yeah man. NYC is fvcking garbage. Everyone can be anywhere in the city for two dollars but it doesn't happen.

Oh, and nair to ftilt or dash attack combos on Marth at 0% Note though that it needs to be auto canceled. This probably works on other light character and the heavier ones at higher percents. Only tested it on Marth so far.

-What happened to my freedom of speech?

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm gonna try my best to put down the little things I note on certain stages. Hopefully some of this is new to you guys.

on any stage with a wall. Wall combo; Jab > Jab > Jab >...

Pokemon stadium combo (rock formationon the left side) while standing if the opponent is on that little edge you can jab or angle up ftilt to uair or bair. The jab pushes you off edge so just cstick up after the jab. Angle up Ftilt/Jab > Aerial

Princess Peach's castle on the part on the middle. You can jab to aerial. You can also angle up ftilt like crazy, kinda like a jab combo but harder hitting. If you haven't tried this out I suggest you do. it really is a fun to do with Ganon. I think this stage is banned now a days but fvck that. If I throw a tournament it's legal people. Angle up Ftilt/Jab > Aerial or Angle up Ftilt > Angle up Ftilt > Angle up Ftilt >...

Yoshi story you can bait an opponent while on the cloud. On the left side of the stage when you're on the cloud you can usmash to uair only when the cloud is going back into the stage. On the right side in theory you could switch it up more but I can't bait anything usefull out of it other than getting my opponent close. Left side cloud combo Usmash > Uair.

On any breakable block, That Kirby stage is particularly what I have in mind. Dtilt to uair. This is more of a nice to know tech cause the stages with breakable blocks are all either banned and ok to play on or just completely garbage.

Eh, I know I got a few more I'm missing but I can't remember em just now. I'll throw more out when they come to mind.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i wanna see a vid of dthrow -> double hit nair -> followup on marth

i spent all last night trying to hit a marth with that ****

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman

Same here please (aimed at all you people with capture cards)

BTW, I will update the main bit shortly, just a little busy at the moment.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord

It's possible. Try holding forward for a little durning your jump before you press A so you get that initial air movement forward.

For edge gaurding you can use Angle down ftilts also.

-TellTheJudgeImAThugGetTheFvckOutMyFace

Top Bottom