• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of Melee (who's going to take over?)

distraction

Smash Cadet
and i do think armada is better than hbox. hbox just pulled off cheap bair combos and all of these made a lot of % whereas armadas combos only were two hit stuff. and then this gay utilt spam that is a rest set up for every DI at low % is just not playing better. its just relying on the fact that spamming an attack will raise the chance of hitting someday. thats how hbox plays. jiggs has a huge matchup advantage and hbox abused that.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
and i do think armada is better than hbox.
You think wrong.

hbox just pulled off cheap bair combos and all of these made a lot of % whereas armadas combos only were two hit stuff. and then this gay utilt spam that is a rest set up for every DI at low % is just not playing better. its just relying on the fact that spamming an attack will raise the chance of hitting someday. thats how hbox plays. jiggs has a huge matchup advantage and hbox abused that.
You don't know a thing about how HungryBox plays if you think he's just randomly spamming.

I seriously hate how people don't give Hbox the credit he deserves. If you think his matches are boring, that's a legitimate opinion to have (though I disagree), but to try and downplay his wins by saying what he does is cheap and easy is just ********.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
You don't know a thing about how HungryBox plays if you think he's just randomly spamming.

I seriously hate how people don't give Hbox the credit he deserves. If you think his matches are boring, that's a legitimate opinion to have (though I disagree), but to try and downplay his wins by saying what he does is cheap and easy is just ********.
Pretty much.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
People need to give Hbox credit where it's due but the people who are arguing that Hbox spamming bairs doesn't take skill have a point. I remember I always use to argued in Street Fighter 4 that Mago(top 3 player in Japan) wasn't good and was just relying on a really cheap/god like character to win and people would flame me for it. And now in SSF4 Sagat is nerfed(he is still high tier, he simply isn't the best anymore) and now Mago isn't even top 10 in Japan. He can't even place well at regional tournaments anymore now or before he switched his character.

Mago was never actually good it was just his character was amazing. I'm not sure how much this applies to Hbox, and I'm not a Hbox hater. But the general consensus is that it takes far less skill/strategy to cleverly spam back airs than it does to play Peach at the level which Armada does.

distraction

Smash Cadet
i dont want to downplay hbox wins. and i know hes a great player. all im saying is i believe he is not as capable as other top player but still wins due to cheap gameplay and undeserved wins.

if jiggs gets an opening against peach theres much more to combo off than vice versa
im not going to analyze the games between those two but armada played a lot smarter and hbox was falling for more of armadas openings/baits/mindgames. i mean look how hbox was mashing the usmash into armadas shield for the 100. time altough armada kept on staying inside the shield. and thats just one example. hbox cannot adapt as well as other top players can. the reason why he has so much success is because he compansates that with gaying around like a homo.

and he had so many stock kills due to rest. watch closely how he gets them. he tilts his control stick up and presses the a button as long as armada either get hit or rolls out. its comparable with marths grab. a noob that also spams it like one will even get a good player in a grab at least once. and so does jiggs utilt. there is no mindgame involved just knowing that peach cannot punish out of that situation.

armada > hbox

otg

Smash Master
You guys are ****ing idiots. Until you actually play Hbox you will never understand just how ****ing good he is. Idc how broken you think bair spam is, if it's THAT good and easy then you should emulate it and win ROM3 and whatever nationals are around the corner.

Much respect to Juan. If you all REALLY want him to lose that badly, someone pay for Tuna and myself to go to the next National and we'll commentate his every match behind his shoulder. That's how DJN ALMOST beat him.

"he was once the 2nd best player in the world"

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
i dont want to downplay hbox wins. and i know hes a great player. all im saying is i believe he is not as capable as other top player but still wins due to cheap gameplay and undeserved wins.

if jiggs gets an opening against peach theres much more to combo off than vice versa
im not going to analyze the games between those two but armada played a lot smarter and hbox was falling for more of armadas openings/baits/mindgames. i mean look how hbox was mashing the usmash into armadas shield for the 100. time altough armada kept on staying inside the shield. and thats just one example. hbox cannot adapt as well as other top players can. the reason why he has so much success is because he compansates that with gaying around like a homo.

and he had so many stock kills due to rest. watch closely how he gets them. he tilts his control stick up and presses the a button as long as armada either get hit or rolls out. its comparable with marths grab. a noob that also spams it like one will even get a good player in a grab at least once. and so does jiggs utilt. there is no mindgame involved just knowing that peach cannot punish out of that situation.

armada > hbox
I really hope you're just trolling, otherwise you're a complete idiot. "Mashing the usmash into armadas shield"... do you realize he was conditioning him? Earlier when they played, armada got repeatedly hit by it. So in GF, he continuously did that to make armada constantly hold his shield up, and later started getting free grabs instead, while armada would expect an upsmash. That right there is called a mindgame, something you've probably never used before.

People have been playing this game for a long time, and when someone travels to another continent to enter a tournament, you can be sure they'll do the utmost of their ability to win. Thing is, armada doesn't play jiggs, he plays peach: his best character. If jiggs was that ridiculous, a lot more people would use her by now. Fact of the matter if, people don't.

Also, peach can do a FC aerial to punish uptilting if the peach is fast enough. The problem is that you don't KNOW what your opponent is going to do, so doing that is often a risk. What's this... more mindgames? Maybe I shouldn't go into that with someone who still thinks Hbox had an undeserving win.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
otg vs hbox in grandfinals.

otg gives his controller to pc jona and him and yaneev troll hbox the entire set.

tfs teamwork too good

distraction

Smash Cadet
I really hope you're just trolling, otherwise you're a complete idiot. "Mashing the usmash into armadas shield"... do you realize he was conditioning him? Earlier when they played, armada got repeatedly hit by it. So in GF, he continuously did that to make armada constantly hold his shield up, and later started getting free grabs instead, while armada would expect an upsmash. That right there is called a mindgame, something you've probably never used before.

People have been playing this game for a long time, and when someone travels to another continent to enter a tournament, you can be sure they'll do the utmost of their ability to win. Thing is, armada doesn't play jiggs, he plays peach: his best character. If jiggs was that ridiculous, a lot more people would use her by now. Fact of the matter if, people don't.

Also, peach can do a FC aerial to punish uptilting if the peach is fast enough. The problem is that you don't KNOW what your opponent is going to do, so doing that is often a risk. What's this... more mindgames? Maybe I shouldn't go into that with someone who still thinks Hbox had an undeserving win.
yes, jiggs profits so much from an uthrow on peach. hbox just realised in the third game that his usmash tactic does not work on armada. so he tried a grab instead since its the only thing that goes through shields. great ingame knowledge from hbox at this point.

the game is still about fun and puff isnt fun to play for most people. theres also something thats called `pride` and thats why puff wont grow so much in number. your logic fails and you dont know anything about smash.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Lol I swear M2K's been in every thread asking for that match. XD I want to see it, too, though :3 And all the other recordings from Apex. D: Where they at?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
@Ninhonjin: You think what I said was bull****? You really think Mago was an amazing player? Even though after Sagat was nerfed he went from being top 3 to a slightly above average player?

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
....Hbox dominated him that fully twice? Dayum, might as well put a collar and leash on him with a dog-tag that says "property of Hungry-box" and rename him "Amanda".
That's a great idea. Amanda means one who must be loved in Latin and Armada's Peach is definetly a Peach that must be loved. :bee:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Oh lol I get the sarcasm now.

But the thing about it is that much like Hbox there were a lot of people who hated and defended Mago. And the Mago defenders told the haters that they were ******** and that it was Mago's amazing focus cancels, spacing, timing, ect that made him so great and not the character. And now we can just look back at those idiots and laugh :laugh:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Top 5 Smashers are:

1) Mango
2) Hungrybox
3) Armada
4/5) Mew2King/Amsah

Hopefully at another international tournament, we can see how Amsah does against Mew2King and Mango.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think it'd be an amazing set. i hope it happens one way or another at pound 5. just depends on how hard you gimp him. if you find a way to draw/force him to the edge, i think you could definitely win.

distraction

Smash Cadet
but armada > mango

so i think those three should share the same placement. or at least mango and armada on first.

also amsah doesnt know everything

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Mango in super tryhard-mode only has lost to Armada and Kage, but Mango still beat Armada in GFs at Genesis and Kage happens to have a character and/or playstyle that works(worked?) against Mango.

Hungrybox is clearly 2nd since he only loses to Mango, but has also lost to a few others at random times. Hunrgybox beat M2K 3-0 and Armada 5-0, so it's pretty clear who's 2nd.

After Genesis, people thought Mew2King was still better than Armada, and even still after Pound 4. After seeing Armada defeat Mew2King once again and in a best of 5, you can't really argue Mew2King being better. Likewise, Mew2King can beat practically anyone except the three above him.

The only thing is Amsah/Mew2King is a little debatable so hopefully we can see them square off eventually, and also how they handle the top 3 once again.

6th and downward gets messy.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Mango in super tryhard-mode only has lost to Armada and Kage, but Mango still beat Armada in GFs at Genesis and Kage happens to have a character and/or playstyle that works(worked?) against Mango.

Hungrybox is clearly 2nd since he only loses to Mango, but has also lost to a few others at random times. Hunrgybox beat M2K 3-0 and Armada 5-0, so it's pretty clear who's 2nd.

After Genesis, people thought Mew2King was still better than Armada, and even still after Pound 4. After seeing Armada defeat Mew2King once again and in a best of 5, you can't really argue Mew2King being better. Likewise, Mew2King can beat practically anyone except the three above him.

The only thing is Amsah/Mew2King is a little debatable so hopefully we can see them square off eventually, and also how they handle the top 3 once again.

6th and downward gets messy.
amsah clearly handles armada better (in ntsc)
both get owned by hbox
mango...we'll find out

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
why is armada on 3rd?
LAWL
You serious???
Ummm maybe its cuz Armada has a negative tournament record against both players... Just maybe... not too sure about it though...

Even Armada said Mango was better than him :

I am not better ATM.

ALSO: ARMADA FANBOI DETECTED

heres my advice: start maining peach and watch a lot of armada videos. hes the best in the world and peach is easy to use. start off with practicing some FC nairs until you get decent. then keep on watching videos of armada and you will get better in no time.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Top 5 Smashers are:

1) Mango
2) Hungrybox
3) Armada
4/5) Mew2King/Amsah

Hopefully at another international tournament, we can see how Amsah does against Mew2King and Mango.
I agree with this, the amount better # 1 is than # 2 is astounding tho lol. We need to step it up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why don't we all just main jiggly puff and get along? : ] Just kidding. I'll practice jiggs tho.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What else can you do? Also I don't care. If I have to do something to win, so be it. Jiggs is too good, then play her. She's fun as hell to play. And I LOVE gimping, so it's a plus.

Top Bottom