• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I actually wanted Sceptile in as the grass dude. I'll make a move set at some point.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Sceptile would be awesome! I support this Pokemon!

Frontiers

Smash Cadet
He would be cool but there's so many pokemon people want i just don't see it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So this actually has a chance now...!?

Holy ****!

Take my full support! Am hoping Sceptile, Blaziken and Swampert will get Mega Evolutions to!

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Charizard, Greninja, and Sceptile would be a beautiful combo. My support. You have it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am now worried again for Mewtwo but still... Sceptile would be all kinds of beautiful!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Am now worried again for Mewtwo but still... Sceptile would be all kinds of beautiful!
At this point, i'd rather have Sceptile than Mewtwo. Especially if they gave him a Mega. Brb, changing pants after that thought. Sceptile was my starter of choice in Gen 3. He was a beast.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Sceptile will get a Mega Evolution, am betting it's gonna be Grass / Dragon. Or maybe even Grass / Fighting. Grass / Dark would also fit him. The thought is quite exciting indeed!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
At this point, i'd rather have Sceptile than Mewtwo. Especially if they gave him a Mega. Brb, changing pants after that thought. Sceptile was my starter of choice in Gen 3. He was a beast.
what if they show off hoenn remakes at E3 show some megas...one of which is sceptile then cuts to Smash character announcement for him with his mega...my god im pumped.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If Sceptile will get a Mega Evolution, am betting it's gonna be Grass / Dragon. Or maybe even Grass / Fighting. Grass / Dark would also fit him. The thought is quite exciting indeed!
Grass/Dragon. Oh gawd. I would really need to change my pants. That typing would be so good. And with an ability like Tough Claws, he could actually make sure of half of his movepool :rolleyes:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Its definitely nice to see that Ruby and Sapphire are getting remakes.

I too, wouldn't mind seeing Sceptile in this, although we will wait and see if he is indeed in.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Okay now I'm giving Sceptile my full support and let's just hope he doesn't turn out like Wonder Red...

Am I the one who doesn't think Mewtwo is returning?

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Sceptile, being one of my favorite Pokémon in general, has my support. That being said, the Hoen remakes being confirmed for this November is exciting, and it gives us supporters some additional traction (I see a lot of people backtracking / hopping on board, now. Ha ha).

Edit: Mega Sceptile needs to become a Grass / Dragon. . . Please.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
blaziken already has a mega...so almost certainly sceptile will be getting one... honestly feel like he's getting in OVER mewtwo now and its throwing my whole prediction world on its head

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
blaziken already has a mega...so almost certainly sceptile will be getting one... honestly feel like he's getting in OVER mewtwo now and its throwing my whole prediction world on its head
Yeah.. it's sort of ironic now, it has turned 360 degress now with predictions.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I mean, we have Pikachu and Charizard repping first gen. Lucario and Greninja rep 4th and 6th. No love for 3rd or 5th gen...yet. We don't need Mewtwo or Jiggs anymore. And if Sakurai was considering Mewtwo, Gamefreak might have said, that's cool but he have remakes coming...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Grass/Dragon. Oh gawd. I would really need to change my pants. That typing would be so good. And with an ability like Tough Claws, he could actually make sure of half of his movepool :rolleyes:
Powered up Leaf Blade with increased Attack and Special Attack stats? Give me that please!

And a Fire type attack, to kill anything that has Ice.

Staarih

Smash Master
Grass/Dragon mega evo is definitely a must. Anyway, the hype DID get me a bit, then I realized Blaziken is still the popular one from Hoenn, and all Sceptile has right now is being a grass-type to complete the triangle. Oh well, still supporting haha!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Blaziken was always the more popular starter yes. But then again, I think Blastoise and Charmander where also more popular than Ivysaur. ;)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now watch as support goes up, up and away!

EDIT: I'd like to support too.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
WHOA.Whoa. What. I... Wasn't expecting anything like this until E3. It caught me off guard.

I still doubt Sceptile's chances, but they are looking better.

Last edited:

Epic Neal Time

Smash Cadet
Add me to the support. I'd be okay with Mewtwo being cut again if it meant we got Sceptile. I'd prefer Jiggs gets the axe over Mewtwo, though.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
I still see Sceptile in the backseat for now, obviously Jigglypuff will take the last slot if the limit is 5. If Pokemon gains another slot, Mewtwo is a shoe-in. However, Sceptile seems to be the most possible after the two I just mentioned.

I see his moveset like this:
Up Special - Leaf Blade
Works like a chargeable Dolphin Slash, but deals nature/grass/leaf elemental damage. Also after the first hit, the other arm can be used to slam down. So Sceptile can basically make an arc, and lets say that the second hit can be a meteor smash.

Neutral Special - Leaf Storm
Sceptile shoots some leaves in front of him. It can be charged for a greater distance and greater amount of leaves. Similar to Sheik's darts, but has bigger vertical coverage.

Side Special - X-Scissor
Sceptile slashes directly in front of him with both arms in an X shape. Possibly chargeable, but no distance covered.

Down Special - Slam
Sceptile slams the ground, harming all enemies near him. Physical damage occurs.

Final Smash - Frenzy Plant
Sceptile unleashes a barrage of vines, trees, and leaves all over the stage. The trees and vines come from the ground and go everywhere, and leaves scatter across the stage. Can be dodged. Super effective on large stages, as the entire stage becomes engulfed in Sceptile's jungle.
(And if he gets a Mega-Evolution than it can be that instead)

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I know this isn't the same situation, but just consider what happened with Wonderful 101 today.

New game comes out around the time of Smash. There's a really good idea for a character in it. People think adding that character would be fantastic promotion for that game. Character is deconfirmed, likely because the game was released too recently for Sakurai to add a rep from it.

Now I know there are a LOT of differences between Pokemon and Wonderful 101, sales being one of them, but keep in mind the Hoenn remakes are releasing after the 3DS version and possibly even after the Wii U version is released. Maybe GameFreak wants to push the remakes's promotion extremely hard and had Sakurai add Sceptile and its potential Mega-Evolution preemptively, but they also may very well not have. Don't let Sceptile be your Wonder Red, have a healthy sense of skepticism.

But add me to the support list, though, cause Sceptile is kewl.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Given the game announcement, this does seem to increase Sceptile's chances. Pokemon being one of the best selling IPs they have (top three for sure) have a starter from original game (fire) Last game (water) and upcoming game (Grass)

For balance, I support sceptile. Hell this might even make me use him in the game.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Do y'all really think Pokémon could have 7 reps? Not accusing, I really want to know.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
It already got 6 in Brawl.
Yeah, I've heard these numbers thrown around a lot. Admittedly, they do make sense. In Smash 64, Pokémon was 1/6th of the roster and even if it has 7 in this game, it will still be a smaller fraction, so it would be understandable if you're just looking at the numbers.

Still though, I feel like the character select screen showing so many Pokémon would be insane. It would be over powered by Pokémon. I can't even think of how I would adjust the rest of the roster to make room for that.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
1 - Pikachu
2 - Greninja
3 - Lucario
4 - Charizard.
5 - Either Mewtwo, Jigglypufff, Sceptile, Squirtle, or Ivysaur.
6 - See five.

We have five pokemon vying for two spots. Squirtle and Ivysaur are probably out. So between Mewtwo, Sceptile and Jigglypuff, who gets cut?

Or they give them 7 reps for over 700 characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Being realistic, Smash 3DS will be out before the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, so it's probably too little too late to be thinking about a 3rd generation rep. Sorry Sceptile.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Being realistic, Smash 3DS will be out before the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, so it's probably too little too late to be thinking about a 3rd generation rep. Sorry Sceptile.
But Sakurai didn't decide on the Roster this year. He decided back in mid-2012, which might have been when Game Freak started on these remakes cause 3D Pokeymanz is a long process. If Sakurai made rounds around Nintendo's dev teams, seeing what potential reps the teams might recommend/he likes, Game Freak might have brought up Sceptile because of hte remakes they were making.

Sceptile's chances are above zero, believe it or not.

Top Bottom