• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Then we made a salad to go with it. We took your everyday lettuce, and added apples, olives, grapes, and mozzarella. They meshed surprisingly well.
Ewwww @ Mozzarella. If you add grapes and apples to a salad you shouldn't downgrade it with baloney like mozzarella. Go with goat or sheep cheese next time and add some walnuts or something.

:059:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I am having a spicy piece of breaded chicken.

Has anyone tried to soak chicken in tobassco and heavy cream, then bread it and and pan fry it, then cover the top with a pepper jack cheese? It tastes very good, I will say that much.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
That sounds like something I'd pan fry instead of grilling (assuming I wanted to make a mess).

Also, @ cheese talk:
[COLLAPSE="one of my favorite Daisy Owl strips"]
[/COLLAPSE]

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
My buddy who is studying abroad in Kansai took this pic of an Okonomiyaki (Japanese cabbage and onion pancake) which is common street fare in the region. Dude says it's totally cash.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
that looks amazing!!!

So apparently Chipotle has opened up an 'asain infusion bistro' is D.C.

its just an experiment at this point but it is called 'shophouse'. This place is one of a kind!
Chipotle themeed asian food?? I'm in. I'll post when I've gone there. They have make your own bowls like reg Chipotle but apparently they also have spicy snadwich rolls as well but we will see.

anyone live in the md/va/dc area andd know of some great affordable eats?? let me know!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Chinese and Japanese really isn't that similar and neither is Thai. And in no way is it "literally" the best <_<

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was ordering some spam musubi when I noticed they had katsu musubi.

After trying the katsu, the spam has significantly dropped from what I thought tasted good. The katsu is just so delicious in comparison

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I know it took forever, but here is the lasagna I said I'd post, like, a week ago or something. lol

So here are all the ingredients we used for the lasagna:

The pics speak for themselves, but here is a list of what we used anyway:

- Ground beef
- Tomato sauce
- Spaghetti sauce
- Adobo
- Marjoram
- Basil
- Crushed mint
- Pepper
- Parsley
- Olives
- Sazón
- Swiss cheese
- Provolone cheese
- Muenster cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Cheddar
- Pepperoni
- Bacon

So there you have it. Sounds like a lot? Well, it is. First, we cooked the beef as normal, adding spices when necessary, but also added the olives in as well.

The next step was frying an entire pack of bacon (anywhere between 20-24 strips or more, if desired). The key, however, is to make sure you don't fry them to that traditional crispness that bacon is known for, since it will be thrown in with the lasagna when it goes into the oven, and you wouldn't want the already fried bacon to be even more cooked/burnt.

Next comes the task of layering everything. We started with the beef, and then set the bacon strips, and then the pepperoni:

Next, we layered the cheese on top of the meats in this order: Swiss, muenster, provolone, Monterey Jack/cheddar. Here is a pic of the layers so far:

So we add a second layer of the same thing and pop it into the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (make sure you preheat the oven). After it was nice and baked, here is the end result:

The flavors of the cheeses, beef, pepperoni, bacon, and even the olives blend very well together; not a single flavor was too overpowering, which was very important. The red stuff on the top is spaghetti sauce used mostly for aesthetics. Here are a couple of pics of a piece of the lasagna used to show the layers:

So there you have it. It came out much better than expected. If anyone want to try this, the ingredients and directions are there. For bacon and lasagna fans, I promise it's worth the effort. Any thoughts? Feel free to give your two cents. :D

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made my own lasagna a while ago...but I had quite different ingredients.

It was a very cheesy lasagna with chicken and lots of vegetables

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Damn, that is some good epic meal time.

It almost looks like a cheeseburger, lol.
Thanks. What inspired us to make the lasagna was watching a program on the Travel Channel about places to pig out, and saw this restaurant that serves an epic bacon lasagna. Watching that, we said to one another, "yeah, we so want to eat that". XD

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Vice (which is entertaining, informative and kinda sexy) had a spotlight on their food segment on Enrique Olvera who is often regarded as Mexico's top chef. Olvera runs one of the best restaurants in the world according to both the Pellegrino and Zagat surveys and his 14 course dinner is full of interesting interpretations of traditional Mexican favorites.

http://www.vice.com/munchies/enrique-olvera

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Just went to a Chinese buffet. Yeah, I killed my diet today, but I'll get back on track tomorrow.

Anywho, the point is, I came across this; bacon wrapped around chicken:

Because really, who needs a heart nowadays? XD

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Arteries and blood vessels are overrated.
All for the sake of bacon!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I unconsciously have shifted meats to about 15% of my meals. I had three plates of food and had two large slices of ham which took up a quarter of the plate lol.

Everything else was greens and rice.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's a sammywich I made some weeks ago:

It contains a slice of provolone, American, and muenster cheese. It also contains three sausages cut in half and lined up, three slices of bacon, a fried egg, and some mayonnaise. Turned out great and meaty. Because really, what is a heart?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Damn Claire, just damn... /jelly

Gheb, why don't you share some of your food with us?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I could actually try that! ^_^

And I don't actually hate this thread. It's just always the same chicken-bacon-cheese bollocks or asian stuff which is nice but repetitive. But yeah I should do something about it rather than just complain.

Top Bottom