• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Ever Nintendo product- Mr. Hanafuda

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeup

Smash Lord
ya dun goof'd kid

But I like the approach you took, having him represent pre-videogames as a whole, not just his playing card origins.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Since he represents Nintendo non-video game products I guess he can have something like this :
Neutral B : Love tester
Mister Hanafuda launch one of the metal balls from the Love Tester toward him, if the ball hit a foe the ball will wrap around him/her, he/she will be unable to go away until one of them get hurt or if Mr Hanafuda use this attack again, if he do he will use the love tester like a fishing rod and send his opponent flying in his direction.

Up B : Ultra hand
Your basic tether reccovery attack except that he will act like the second part of the Love tester if it hit another character.

Down B : Chiritorie
Mr Hanafuda will put a chicoritie on the ground, it will not move until an opponent gets too close, it will then begin to chase him/her, if it succeeds to touch him/her it will immobilize him/her for some seconds, in any case the Chiritorie will disappear sometimes after being summoned but not activate, fail to grab the opponent after some seconds, destroy by attacks of if Mr Hanafuda put another somewhere.

Side B : Lefty RX
A little car who will go straight forward at high speed at the cost of not being to not being able to turn around or jump, will disappear once it hit something or fall to his demise.

Final Smash : Kôsenjû SP Series
Works pretty much like Zelda's Light Arrow.
Could you tell where those moves originate from, like a source. I don't know much about Hanafuda anyways.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Could you tell where those moves originate from, like a source. I don't know much about Hanafuda anyways.
They are Nintendo's other non-videogame products.

peeup

Smash Lord
I'm torn. Because I think it makes more sense to base his moveset on Nintendo's early toys.

But I think it would be more fun to have him just use playing cards.

#LuxordFanboy2012

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about a throwing card summoning sort of attack?

Numbers would do low damage, but getting a 8, 9 or 10 is very satisfying still.

If you throw a King card, a king character comes on the stage and does a regal attack of awesomeness with his sword. A Queen card would also preform an attack out of herself, maybe with magical damage? And the Jack attacks with his spear, but is weaker than both the King and Queen.

Aces would give you a random bonus of sorts. Or give the enemy a disadvantage of sort. Not sure yet what to do with the Ace yet.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
What about a throwing card summoning sort of attack?

Numbers would do low damage, but getting a 8, 9 or 10 is very satisfying still.

If you throw a King card, a king character comes on the stage and does a regal attack of awesomeness with his sword. A Queen card would also preform an attack out of herself, maybe with magical damage? And the Jack attacks with his spear, but is weaker than both the King and Queen.

Aces would give you a random bonus of sorts. Or give the enemy a disadvantage of sort. Not sure yet what to do with the Ace yet.
Is that how Hanafuda plays?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Since he represents Nintendo non-video game products I guess he can have something like this :
Neutral B : Love tester
Mister Hanafuda launch one of the metal balls from the Love Tester toward him, if the ball hit a foe the ball will wrap around him/her, he/she will be unable to go away until one of them get hurt or if Mr Hanafuda use this attack again, if he do he will use the love tester like a fishing rod and send his opponent flying in his direction.

Up B : Ultra hand
Your basic tether reccovery attack except that he will act like the second part of the Love tester if it hit another character.

Down B : Chiritorie
Mr Hanafuda will put a chicoritie on the ground, it will not move until an opponent gets too close, it will then begin to chase him/her, if it succeeds to touch him/her it will immobilize him/her for some seconds, in any case the Chiritorie will disappear sometimes after being summoned but not activate, fail to grab the opponent after some seconds, destroy by attacks of if Mr Hanafuda put another somewhere.

Side B : Lefty RX
A little car who will go straight forward at high speed at the cost of not being to not being able to turn around or jump, will disappear once it hit something or fall to his demise.

Final Smash : Kôsenjû SP Series
Works pretty much like Zelda's Light Arrow.
I think Up B should be switched with Neutral B.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Neutral B should like Sheik's needle attack, only with cards. :bee:

The Ultra Hand should be a grab move instead, how could you grab ledge with a fantasied hand that only goes straight forward.

The Chitorie should be a mine, similar to Snake's.

I would keep that Kôsenjû SP Series as a final smash, it's pretty funny.

NOw I gotta sleep now, can't wait to see what's up with the thread tomorrow.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Smash Attacks:

Side-Smash= Mr. Hanafuda whacks a Rabbit Coaster to opponents. :awesome:

Up-Smash= Mr. Hanafuda uses a Space Ball hit opponents. Look at the boy it's a good concept. :awesome:

Down Smash= Mr. Hanafuda places a Crossover mine in the ground.

D-Special should suck in opponents from a short distance, causing multi hitting damage if touched. Since it's a vacuum.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
All the aerial attacks are multi hitters.
Neutral-Air= Cards surround Hanafuda in a circular fashion and spin around.
U-Air= Cards move upward in a circular fashion.
D-Air= Same as U-Air but downwards.
Side-Air= Cards strike downwards in front of Hanafuda. May cause a meteor smash if hit below an opponent.
Back-Air= Same as Side-Air, only backwards.

So lets think of some taunts, and his characteristics.
He should be a big character the size of R.O.B. with gained height by his legs
He is surely heavy, but moves slightly slower than King Dedede.
He doesn't jump very high at, due to being a heavy pack of cards.
U-Taunt= Mr. Hanafuda showcases some Nintendo's early toys.
Side-Taunt= Mr. Hanafuda toys around with his cards.
Down-Taunt= Mr. Hanafuda twirls around like a ballerina, and gives a thumbs up.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
This took a while to do. I'm starting ground movement and dodging and blocking.

Should I just post the whole thing when I actually finish this character, or should I make one character strip at a time to share?

peeup

Smash Lord
I think he'd look better as the mascot on the front of the deck of cards. The Napoleon looking guy.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
A Hanafuda Cards stage would look awesome. Fighting atop the flat surface of a giant Hanafuda card, while other giant floating Hanafuda cards mill around the background slowly floating off the screen and rotating at odd angles. With a trippy background like you'd see in an Earthbound fight.
[COLLAPSE="Trippy Background Example"]
[/COLLAPSE]

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
A Hanafuda Cards stage would look awesome. Fighting atop the flat surface of a giant Hanafuda card, while other giant floating Hanafuda cards mill around the background slowly floating off the screen and rotating at odd angles. With a trippy background like you'd see in an Earthbound fight.
[COLLAPSE="Trippy Background Example"]
[/COLLAPSE]
How about a stage where you are in a giant room (You are Pikmin sized) where it is full of old Nintendo toys. Probably it should be like the trophy showcase room in Melee.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
And why not make the card platforms appear as if they were thrown by hanafuda players who could be important persons of Nintendo?

I could be mistaken but isn't it Golden who once proposed 'Rain Man',an hanafuda card,as a character?If not,please correct me.

:phone:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
And why not make the card platforms appear as if they were thrown by hanafuda players who could be important persons of Nintendo?

I could be mistaken but isn't it Golden who once proposed 'Rain Man',an hanafuda card,as a character?If not,please correct me.

:phone:
Wouldn't the cards be on the ground anyways? Unless it's Yu-Gi-Oh. :troll:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think if we should represent Hanafuda cards then we should have Nintenduoji.

I actually found him out in the impossible characters thread but I think he has potential. Its a new game for the Japanese DSiWare and is a card RPG based around Hanafuda.
This is the Link

As for the stage why stick with cards? Hanafuda "Which means flower cards" should be a nature style scene with ever changing seasons. I'm thinking something similar to Yoshi's stage in Brawl.

For those who don't know the game check this video. He uses the official Nintendo brand which uses Mario characters for the animals so you'll just have to look up what those cards are suppose to be traditionally.

D

Deleted member

I actually found him out in the impossible characters thread but I think he has potential. Its a new game for the Japanese DSiWare and is a card RPG based around Hanafuda.
This is the Link

As for the stage why stick with cards? Hanafuda "Which means flower cards" should be a nature style scene with ever changing seasons. I'm thinking something similar to Yoshi's stage in Brawl.

For those who don't know the game check this video. He uses the official Nintendo brand which uses Mario characters for the animals so you'll just have to look up what those cards are suppose to be traditionally.
I'm all for supporting this idea, if it's absolutely confirmed that his game is based off of Hanafuda. I only made an assumption in the other thread.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
AFAIK, Nintendouji has made no reference to specifically using Hanafuda cards, all that's been confirmed is it's "a turn-based card game with dungeon crawling RPG elements". When I first brought it up, I thought he would be the best way to use Hanafuda cards in a moveset, as he apparently uses cards to fight, and seems to be a reference to Nintendo itself, but, like I said, there has been no mention of what type of cards he uses as of yet, and personally I'm not expecting them to be Hanafuda cards. Of course, that doesn't mean he couldn't use them if ever implemented in Smash, I don't think it'd be that much of a stretch, but if he did, chances are it wouldn't be from his game. In fact, that's really the only way I see him ever being added, to sort of be an avatar for Hanafuda, not for the character himself (ofc if he starts getting more games, I guess things would be different).

By now IIRC his game is only a month away though, so there's not much more waiting time until we see what his game actually entails.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just noticed the image in the first post has some MUSHIKING cards on the shelves, and frankly that is much more interesting.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think Nintendouji and Mr. Hanafuda have both an equal chance, one has to get out though. The first product, or the character who was a platinum gift in Club Nintendo (Which sounds worthy enough). :<

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nintenduoji seems to be a better idea, using Hanafuda cards of course.

Btw, Is there anyone by the name "Mr. Hanafuda"? Or did you come up with that name (Like Mr. Game & Watch)?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would ****ing love to see this guy as the new main villain the history mode. Obviously you also unlock him. I like the magician appearance in the OP. Absolutely support this.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Now that I think about it, Vintage Creep's idea seems very feasible.
Though I'd prefer Nintendouji over a box with limbs.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Mr. Hanafuda would make an interesting WTF character, all the more so being historical. I've mentioned this in the Roster Discussion Thread before, but a Hanafuda card fighter is something I support a little.

Now, this is something I would support as well. Whether Ninty Boy uses his magical cards from his game, or Hanafuda cards, this redhead would make a very interesting dark horse. Yeah, Ninty Boy would make a great fighter for referencing Hanafuda cards, though I think his chances are pretty slim. But still, he'd be one of my #1 dark horse picks...and damn, I feel like supporting him even more now.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This is just the sort of thing Sakurai would do.........

Several internets to the OP for coming up with such an original and viable idea just when it seemed like we had thought of everything.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Indeed. I honestly really love this idea, and think it would be neat. Card-based attacks are awesome!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't think a human fighter with cards would surprise, people would say "YU-GI!"
And risking a fighter who only is seen in Japan in Club Nintendo, I don't think it's worth it.
A deck of cards with limbs is fresh and new.
(BTW I'll just add anyone to the list who agrees with Mr. Hanafuda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom