• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "The Final Content" [1.1.4] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So do we know what about Wii Fit changed? "data/param/fighter/fighter_param_vl_wiifit.bin" differs after all...
Someone said air mobility, someone else said back air, I'm just waitin for the data dumps~

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Do we have anyone who's looking over a data dump at this point or is this still all just testing?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
So a page ago or so someone asked if anything was found on Charizard.

There may be something up with his upsmash. If you try doing a run-up reverse Upsmash it whiffs its connection to hit 2, most notably on Mario. Where in 1.1.3 it definitely WOULD connect if you reversed upsmash.

Note* Reverse upsmash still fully works on bowser, just in the video i was not close enough. But i was also able to do a 'jab-reset' on him with reverse up smash. Though i am told that isn't new lol..

Last edited:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Guys! We need to test Yoshi and Diddy. They have not been tested yet.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So do we know what about Wii Fit changed? "data/param/fighter/fighter_param_vl_wiifit.bin" differs after all...
Given the file, I'd assume end lag on something. I'll look in an hour or two if someone doesn't figure it out first.

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
Guys! We need to test Yoshi and Diddy. They have not been tested yet.
Agreed. Diddy Kong got horribly sacked in two separate updates. So whenever one of these updates roll around, I get paranoid. He is a good character, so I'm surprised no one has looked into him yet.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
For anyone still not convinced that a few of Marth's moves have increased range thanks to a tipper hitbox increase, please see below...

Who remembers this old GIF?

Now, look at it in 1.1.4.

I'll try and get better proof for all the other moves with increased tipper hitboxes. This one was just a prime target and easy to show thanks to the GIF that already existed.

MG_Music

Smash Cadet
NNID
xMGMusicx
No because team attack is turned off on for glory
I was practicing with my dubz partner in an online lobby with everything turned on etc
and i couldnt footstool him
So that means No more ko punch, finishing touch, or shoryu saving

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
For anyone still not convinced that a few of Marth's moves have increased range thanks to a tipper hitbox increase, please see below...

Who remembers this old GIF?

Now, look at it in 1.1.4.

I'll try and get better proof for all the other moves with increased tipper hitboxes. This one was just a prime target and easy to show thanks to the GIF that already existed.
Lucina has the range increase as well, yes?

I remember Ftilt having been said to have longer range. Someone also suggested Shield Breaker and some others.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227

I remember Ftilt having been said to have longer range. Someone also suggested Shield Breaker and some others.
Yes, Lavani Lavani already confirmed that both character received the same change.

Also, Lavani, can you post a link to the data in here please? I lost it.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3

Yes, Lucina got the same buff as Marth. Despite Lucina's range being slightly less than Marth's anyway due to her frame being smaller, she can now outrange Sheik's Fair.

#nerfsheik

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Soooo.... what's the word on Zelda. Early on word was there was a change, but no one's looked into that yet? I think we all expect it's nothing too big, but still, hopefully it's helpful. I heard a rumor that she might have a powered up side B, but nothing actually confirmed that I've noticed yet.

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
Soooo.... what's the word on Zelda. Early on word was there was a change, but no one's looked into that yet? I think we all expect it's nothing too big, but still, hopefully it's helpful. I heard a rumor that she might have a powered up side B, but nothing actually confirmed that I've noticed yet.
I posted a few pages ago that the only changes Zelda and Shiek recieved as far ACMD script goes (hitboxes, framespeed, invuln, etc) were aesthetic changes to their final smashes.

Bowser JR. Got some changes. I'll post the actual changes as i decipher them

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I posted a few pages ago that the only changes Zelda and Shiek recieved as far ACMD script goes (hitboxes, framespeed, invuln, etc) were aesthetic changes to their final smashes.

Hmm, ironically (and almost comically, if it wasn't depressing) useless for a character desperate for anything positive.

Hope we get at least one more patch chance, although all DLC is done.

Luig

Confused
Surprised no one else has mentioned this, but LIttle mac's down angled forward smash deals 24-33%, up from 22-30%, lol.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team

Let me see what I can do...

Forward smash now has a 0.52x frame speed multiplier (animates at almost double speed) starting on frame 33. I don't know the original total frames of this move, but this should be useful to figure out the amount of endlag this move lost (it should also lead into its final hit with one fewer frame gap, making it somewhat harder to use SDI to avoid that hit). Note this change appears three times, once for each "angled" version of Jr.'s fsmash (I don't recall if he can actually angle it or not, but the action states exist regardless and it's an identical change across all three versions).

Usmash has a 0.82x frame speed multiplier starting on frame 32. This will strictly correspond to less endlag since it occurs on the same frame the last hitbox disappears.

Dsmash has a 0.88x frame speed multiplier starting on frame 17. Just like usmash, this is the frame the hitboxes disappear and is thus purely for reduced endlag.

Forward aerial has buffed hitbox properties. The initial hitbox has kbg 0x5A -> 0x5D and bkb 0x1E -> 0x21. The second hitbox (appears on frame 14) has damage 8 -> 9 on the sweetspot (damage 6.5 -> 7 on the sourspot), kbg 0x5A -> 0x5D and bkb 0x1E -> 0x21. The latest possible hit has damage 5 -> 7 on the sweetspot (damage 4 -> 5 on the sourspot), kbg 0x5A -> 0x5D and bkb 0x1E -> 0x21. I did not know before examining this change that Bowser Jr.s forward aerial had two levels of decayed hitboxes, but the important point to take away here is that if you always get a little more knockback (both base and growth) no matter what but only get extra damage versus previous patches if you hit with either of the decayed hits (but not with the initial hit).

Back aerial has similarly buffed hitboxes to forward aerial. All hitboxes on back aerial has kbg 0x5A -> 0x5C, and the late hitbox (the weakened one) has damage 8 -> 10 (the initial hitbox has unchanged damage).

These are the only changes in the file... but it's not a bad set of buffs for Jr. here. What I'm not seeing are changes to the spin-out on side special that people have been talking about; that is as far as I can tell action state 0x235, and it appears completely unchanged.

Do you have similar diffs available for all characters with changed moveset files? I'm pretty literate at reading such things.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
is the timing on dancing blade different now? it feels like it can combo faster.

also has anyone figured out on what the change to yoshi is? is it just aesthetic?

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
  • F-smash(up angled): quite large speedup, almost 12.48 frames?(!!) My framespeed multiplier math is notoriously iffy, but it's definitely considerably faster. Worth double checking on console.
  • F-smash(Standard): Same as above.
  • F-smash(down angled): Same as above.
  • U-smash(standard): endlag sped up, not sure by how many frames at the moment.
  • D-smash(standard): same as above.
  • F-air: All hitboxes knockback growth increased 90 -> 93, Base knockback increased 30-> 33
    1. Hitbox 1: just the KBG and BKB changes.
    2. Hitbox 2: sweetspot damage 8% -> 9%, sourspot damage 6.5% -> 7%
    3. Hitbox 3: sweetspot damage 5% -> 7%, sourspot damage 4% -> 5%
  • B-Air: all hitboxes Knockback growth 90 - > 92
  1. Hitbox 1: just the kbg and bkb changes.
  2. Hitbox 2: Damage 8% - > 10%
Let me see what I can do...
These are the only changes in the file... but it's not a bad set of buffs for Jr. here. What I'm not seeing are changes to the spin-out on side special that people have been talking about; that is as far as I can tell action state 0x235, and it appears completely unchanged.

Do you have similar diffs available for all characters with changed moveset files? I'm pretty literate at reading such things.
I've just been dumping the chars manually as i go. Dantarion released his tools a while ago and github for producing Mastercore dumps, i just never got around to making use of it. The clown car changes could be in it's files. I'll check those next :)

Luig

Confused
  • F-smash(up angled): quite large speedup, almost 12.48 frames?(!!) My framespeed multiplier math is notoriously iffy, but it's definitely considerably faster. Worth double checking on console.
  • F-smash(Standard): Same as above.
  • F-smash(down angled): Same as above.
  • U-smash(standard): endlag sped up, not sure by how many frames at the moment.
  • D-smash(standard): same as above.
  • F-air: All hitboxes knockback growth increased 90 -> 93, Base knockback increased 30-> 33
    1. Hitbox 1: just the KBG and BKB changes.
    2. Hitbox 2: sweetspot damage 8% -> 9%, sourspot damage 6.5% -> 7%
    3. Hitbox 3: sweetspot damage 5% -> 7%, sourspot damage 4% -> 5%
  • B-Air: all hitboxes Knockback growth 90 - > 92
  1. Hitbox 1: just the kbg and bkb changes.
  2. Hitbox 2: Damage 8% - > 10%
I've just been dumping the chars manually as i go. Dantarion released his tools a while ago and github for producing Mastercore dumps, i just never got around to making use of it. The clown car changes could be in it's files. I'll check those next :)
EDIT: I can't read.

I didn't think you could angle that. You learn something new every day.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Endlag on all of Wii Fit's moves seems to be the same, she still moves the same distance in a jump between current patch and 1.0.0 (no change to air physics), Deep Breathing damage boost seems the same but I didn't mess with it much, and I didn't check knockback.

Yes, Lavani Lavani already confirmed that both character received the same change.

Also, Lavani, can you post a link to the data in here please? I lost it.
? I'm not sure what you're asking, I didn't know there was any public data available for this.

If you're just asking about Marcina fair hitbox change, the exact change was the tipper hitbox's X value increasing 6.7→7.7, moving it closer to the tip.

if you meant the diff list it's https://gist.github.com/shinyquagsire23/959d3f09a7bdc3cb89ce

I'm pretty sure this has already been stated, but Ike's nair definitely has a higher angle now
Confirming an angle change of 70°→80°

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Are people finally getting round to the data dump? I really can't wait to see what Marth's hitbox sizes are now... (will the data dump include this kind of info, increased hitbox sizes?)

arbustopachon

Smash Journeyman
So we'll finally know what was changed on zard? I hope it wasn't just the U-smash tweaks...

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Endlag on all of Wii Fit's moves seems to be the same, she still moves the same distance in a jump between current patch and 1.0.0 (no change to air physics), Deep Breathing damage boost seems the same but I didn't mess with it much, and I didn't check knockback.

? I'm not sure what you're asking, I didn't know there was any public data available for this.

If you're just asking about Marcina fair hitbox change, the exact change was the tipper hitbox's X value increasing 6.7→7.7, moving it closer to the tip.

if you meant the diff list it's https://gist.github.com/shinyquagsire23/959d3f09a7bdc3cb89ce

Confirming an angle change of 70°→80°
Why isn't data public? Some of us know how to read that stuff. I asked because I thought I saw a link to one one day. Maybe I was just thinking of that one^

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Can anyone test to see if falcos uair has high kbg?Ive been getting kills with it noticably earlier than before.

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, i can't find any changes to Bowz JR's side-b at least as far as ACMD goes.

Anywayz, here's marth. A whole bunch of stuff :D (keep in mind that XYZ coords may be in reverse order in the dumps at the moment. So ZYX instead

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Since everyone's asking about Marth (and Lucina) hitbox changes...

Jab1, Jab2
Tipper hitbox X value change 6.5 → 7

Ftilt
Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Dtilt
Sour hitbox Y 3.2→2.7, X 15.2→16.7 (hitbox not tied to sword, those numbers aren't as silly as they sound)
Tipper hitbox X 6.7→8.2

Nair
Hit 1 tipper X 6.7→7.7
Hit 2 tipper X 6.5→7.5

Fair

Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Bair
Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Utilt, Fsmash, Usmash, Dsmash, Uair, Dair
Same hitboxes

tl;dr - sword/tipper is longer for many attacks and dtilt reaches further below the ledge

edit: orz, tad too slow

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Since everyone's asking about Marth hitbox changes...

Jab1, Jab2

Ftilt
Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Dtilt
Sour hitbox Y 3.2→2.7, X 15.2→16.7 (hitbox not tied to sword, those numbers aren't as silly as they sound)
Tipper hitbox X 6.7→8.2

Nair
Hit 1 tipper X 6.7→7.7
Hit 2 tipper X 6.5→7.5

Fair

Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Bair
Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Same hitboxes
FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC! You sir, are a saint.

tl;dr - sword/tipper is longer for many attacks and dtilt reaches further below the ledge

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC! You sir, are a saint!

I imagine Lucina's will come soon. I hope she did indeed get all the same as Marth.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
palutena got a visual change on her dair. its a downwards kick instead of using her staff or was it always like that?

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
Also some damage changes to marth.

Nair: ALL hitboxes increased from 3 -> 3.5 % except the tipper of the first hit, which increased from 4% -> 5%, and the tipper of the final hit which increased from 9% -> 9.5%

Fair: standard hitbox damage 7% -> 8%, tipper 10% -> 11.5%

Uair: standard hitboxes all went from 9% -> 9.5%, tipper from 12% -> 13%

Dair: standard sweetspot 11% -> 12%, tipper 13% -> 14%. Spiking hitbox 14% -> 15%

Some hitbox change on his final smash... and of course the same changes to sidespecial that roy had

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Since everyone's asking about Marth hitbox changes...

Jab1, Jab2

Ftilt
Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Dtilt
Tipper hitbox X 6.7→8.2

Nair
Hit 1 tipper X 6.7→7.7
Hit 2 tipper X 6.5→7.5

Fair

Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Bair
Tipper X 6.7→7.7

Same hitboxes

Sammi Husky Sammi Husky THANKS!

Wow. I even checked it myself, Shield Breaker hitboxes didn't move.

So I was initially correct about Nair. Never mind about taking it back haha. Everything else I got except Bair. That one snuck up on me. Jab I said was likely and that makes sense considering it got a smaller change than the others.

Dtilt sour spot moved lower which is useless for hitting below the stage since you use the tipper. That actually sounds like a nerf. The sourspot won't hit aerial opponents as well. Since the sword is slightly angled down, moving the tipper out actually does help it hit lower.

And it says FinalDash had something change from 0x1 to 0x0. Something changed about Critical Hit's dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom