• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Duck Hunt's (not just the dog) final smash is so great. It is so perfect for him, and epic too.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
OH MY GOD

SO BEAUTIFUL

....I'm dying right now. Can someone run down his moveset and home stage for me?
Allright, moveset:
Exploding can
Wild Gunman
Clay Pigeon
Duck Flight.
Not sure if he has a homestage on 3ds, might be nintendogs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Still waiting for the admins or mods to fix the name. It's not Dunk Hunt.

Booster

Smash Lord
Anybody else laughing their a** off at hamayama on the stream? I really should sleep, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss some good laughs. NEVER GIVE UP. Dark Pit streak 3-1.
Why is that amateurs get the game early and not real smashers? I could've kicked Dark Pit's ass easily and I could've kicked Duck Hunt Dog's ass since the stage was Battlefield, the stage I use the most. I mean I literally groaned several times watching thinking "The **** kind of gameplay is this?"

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Why is that amateurs get the game early and not real smashers? I could've kicked Dark Pit's *** easily and I could've kicked Duck Hunt Dog's *** since the stage was Battlefield, the stage I use the most. I mean I literally groaned several times watching thinking "The **** kind of gameplay is this?"
Uuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!! I KNOW RIGHT?! IT WAS SO PAINFUL TO WATCH!

Booster

Smash Lord
Uuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!! I KNOW RIGHT?! IT WAS SO PAINFUL TO WATCH!
Most painful thing I've ever forced myself to watch, even worse then The Star Wars Holiday Special, but I couldn't turn away, I wanted to see Duck Hunt Dog. When I saw him I struggled to fall asleep cause I wanted to play him so bad.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
The comments from the YouTube video of Duck Hunt's Final Smash are golden:

KangTheSpartan
1 hour ago

Samus: Giant laser beam.
Fox: Giant space tank.
Zelda: Magical arrow of light.
Duck Hunt Dog: A freaking firing squad that executes your ass, jesus christ, that's some mature **** o_O
TheAverageGuyTAG
59 minutes ago

OH, OKAY. SNAKE CAN'T USE HIS HOLSTERED PISTOL, BUT DUCK HUNT DOG GETS TO HAVE HIS OWN PERSONAL EXECUTION SQUAD. YEAH. MAKES TOTAL SENSE.
Duck Hunt may be the ultimate troll character here!

Booster

Smash Lord
He could've had a hilarious game trailer:

Ivysaur and Squirtle are walking along together then the screen goes black for a moment and Squirtle gets launched like a rocket. Duck Hunt Dog comes up from behind the bushes in 8 Bit form and does his notorious laugh

Duck Hunt Dog Laughs at your skills

Duck Hunt Dog and Ivysaur proceed to battle and Duck Hunt Dog summons his hit squad to shoot Ivysaur to death. Then some gameplay of him is shown.

Squirtle: I guess this is it for me...

Ivysaur: You and me both

Sakurai: No...it isn't...you two have been massively downgraded into trophies.

Duck Hunt Dog laughs again.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Sooo hyped for Duck Hunt! The alts are looking awesome too! Just wanted to say congrats to @ Arcadenik Arcadenik ...I know how long you've supported DHD seeing this thread has been open since 2012 ^_^

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have to say, I used to despise him, because the idea looked really ridiculous on paper. Crusade's moveset didn't excite me either.

What actually made me happy about his inclusion is his similarity to Banjo-Kazooie. Seriously, that moveset is the best of both worlds. I'm happy about his inclusion now.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
duck and dog are such good friends

they're best friends

i love them

i'm so happy for them

this is the best

:093:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I say we give a true round of applause to @ Arcadenik Arcadenik ... he's probably the whole reason DHD's in Smash anyway... that and Crusade.
Oh, you give me too much credit. I was only planting and nurturing the idea all over the Internet since 2002. I'm very happy that people liked the idea enough they made fan art, Brawl hacks and of course Crusade... I merely presented their works to Sakurai on Twitter in 2012.

I'm almost certain Sakurai added the Wild Gunmen to DHD's moveset because he saw my DHD hats in the first page. I sent that pic to Sakurai's Twitter. I thought that DHD would wear Wild Gunmen's hats but I never expected Sakurai to include them as part of DHD's moveset. That's awesome.

I also noticed a few normal moves that were taken from Crusade. So, I'm almost positive that Sakurai saw the Crusade videos on YouTube.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I honestly never considered the idea of Duck Hunt Dog until I saw the leaks, and ever since I never wanted a character more badly.

:093:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Congrats everybody! Was never all that big on DHD myself, but I'm really liking what we've seen of this unlikely duo so far. (I never thought the duck would directly be helping out the dog that way it does here :p)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm actually really not liking the moveset for this character. Where's the laugh? That little, raspy thing he does as his stage entrance? That's...not the laugh that made me love the character to begin with. Summoning 8-bit gunmen? What? What's the character's gimmick? Props? 4th wall attacks? Duo moves? I can't tell. It just doesn't seem very thought out. I thought I was going to love this character, but it just looks so poorly executed in action.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
The laugh sound was changed probably because the designers knew that people will be spamming his laugh taunt non-stop if it had the 8-bit laugh sound.

But I have to admit the new laugh sound echoes Muttley.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Everything about DHD seems so trollful and epic. Not sure about a mian... but will play him casually for sure for the laughs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So I was thinking about the Dog's normal moves. Maybe he could use a Duck for certain moves similarly to Banjo-Kazooie in the N64 games. I was thinking about that move called "rat-a-tat rap" or something and I think "beak barge". It's been so long since I played Banjo-Kazooie (wish I got Banjo-Tooie as well) but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

:phone:
Posted this way back on page 2... I totally called it!

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming in guns blazing without reading the thread.

I wanna let you crazies know that YOU are the reason Duck Hunt Dog is in the game.

Think about it. If there wasn't such a large amount of Duck Hunt Dog supporters since Melee, ESPECIALLY during the Brawl days, we wouldn't have this shock character!

I can say that I never really supported him, I always thought you guys were crazy. He had no moveset potential!... So I thought. I was so wrong. He's amazing.

But now I can honestly say that this is the first character Sakurai made because of you, the fans, maybe besides Little Mac and Megaman.

However this is a case where it is straight up obvious that it was the dedication that you crazy ****ers had to this somewhat obscure yet highly recognizable dog with normally no moveset potential that gave Sakurai inspiration to use him as the shock Retro character. He made it work so well.

Well done. Feel proud!

Last edited:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Secretly the dog and duck hate each other to death, but Sakurai said "PLAY NICE OR YOU"RE NOT IN THE GAME"

He also had to tell the Dog to shut the **** up and bear with being near-missed by every hunter in the game.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
THE FINAL ROSTER HAS BEEN COMPLETED!

WE MADE IT GUYS, DUCK HUNT DOG REKT THE COMPETITION. CELEBRATE!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom