• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Actually what's getting me the most right now is the use of Bowser and Bowser Jr.'s localized names.
Edit: Nevermind, it's because ESRB is a western company

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh God... I am not sure what to think... part of me feels that this is legit... but part of me feels that this is just a cruel prank by one of the Duck Hunt Dog detractors who want to get back at me for one of the countless flame wars I had with them over this character...

Even this is fake, I think more people might jump on the bandwagon for SSB5 based on how good this model looks.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine and I were making comparisons in a Skype call earlier.

Anyone else gettin' Banjo vibes or is it just me?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its looking good guys i can't find the duck hunt dog picture nor the bowser jr one.

Ps how do we know its the full one if real what if a couple of characters have not ben unlocked yet?

Last edited:

mattgcn

Smash Cadet
that does seem to be the case! 5 more characters would fill out the grid beautifully

D

Deleted member

My dark horse support character is in! But I only get Greninja and him… And no Bandana Dee, Ridley, Mewtwo, or K. Rool… Sakurai why! At least Duck Hunt Dog is gonna be awesome!!!! :b:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

No names under the icons + no space between the two screens[/quote]

I know, right? But I gotta say, I am unbelievably torn on whether or not this is real.:cry:

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462

No names under the icons + no space between the two screens

I know, right? But I gotta say, I am unbelievably torn on whether or not this is real.:cry:
I feel like this is a very good fake. It really makes 0 sense for G&W to be next to Wario instead of Dr. Mario, and for Lucina not to be grouped with the other Fire Emblem characters. You could argue that it's because they are clones, but I really don't think Sakurai would group them differently just because of the clone moveset.

Also, no mii characters.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I feel like this is a very good fake. It really makes 0 sense for G&W to be next to Wario instead of Dr. Mario, and for Lucina not to be grouped with the other Fire Emblem characters. You could argue that it's because they are clones, but I really don't think Sakurai would group them differently just because of the clone moveset.

Also, no mii characters.
I can see Dark Pit, Dr Mario, and Lucina all being next to eachother because they're clones to be sorta believable. Also, no Miis because customizations are turned off.

What really bothers me in regard with the organization is that Shulk's right by the guest characters instead of nicely filling out the row above.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
That leak is most likely a fake as it excludes Ridley and Mewtwo, both of whom have been strongly teased.

Last edited:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592

Also, no mii characters.
I can say at least that Mii Characters are not on there because customization is off.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is this a completely new render of DHD?

Something about it seems familiar

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to say the new "leak" opened my eyes to Duck Hunt Dog.
I always pictured his infuriating laugh when I thought about him, and it made me not want in Smash, but I like how s/he's portrayed in that picture. Like a carefree happy dog. If he ends up in, and behaves like that, then he has my support.
(I really want a 4 legged character, since Ivy is gone, and Nintendog is still an assist)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

You know, I gotta say, that render of DHD actually does looks like something SSB4 would actually come up with, I won't lie to you. It's one of the few things that make me just barely believe this leak.

domokl

Smash Lord
That leak is most likely a fake as it excludes Ridley and Mewtwo, both of whom have been strongly teased.
back in brawl leaks:wolf in over kyrstal NEVER!no ridley?NEVER!rob is already a subspace enemy.NEVER

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
back in brawl leaks:wolf in over kyrstal NEVER!no ridley?NEVER!rob is already a subspace enemy.NEVER
There is a difference in that there is actual strong evidence for Ridley and Mewtwo, as opposed to just preferences.

Speculator

Smash Ace
There is a difference in that there is actual strong evidence for Ridley and Mewtwo, as opposed to just preferences.
No there isn't, you just happen to want those characters. Naturally you'd look exclusively at "evidence" that supports them.

The leak is still fake.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
There is no "strong evidence". Fans are just gasping at straws because they want to see their favorite characters and refuse to admit that it's just not going to happen.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I really can't stand the other character reveals on that roster, so as much as I hate to say it with Duck Hunt being on there, I hope it's fake.

But man, if it isn't fake, I will celebrate that dog's arrival like none other.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
No there isn't, you just happen to want those characters. Naturally you'd look exclusively at "evidence" that supports them.

The leak is still fake.
You imply that there is evidence against either of the 2. You also imply that their teases aren't evidence. I would like further elaboration.
Furthermore, while I support those 2 characters, it is a low level, mostly passive support.
The only character I supported to the point of self delusion was Toad.
There is no "strong evidence". Fans are just gasping at straws because they want to see their favorite characters and refuse to admit that it's just not going to happen.
You're joking right? The direct tease and Greninja's fingers are just as strong of teases as Pseudo-Palutena, Boxing Ring, and the Special Flag.

Last edited:

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Duck Hunt, more like Duh C**t, am I right? :awesome: If he really happens to be a character, it's going to be impossible for me not to hear it that way à la Mike Hunt.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I really dislike hunting, so why would I like a game that sensationalizes the practice? I played Duck Hunt when I was a kid, but it wasn't THAT great. I suppose we don't know whether or not this is real yet, but, please, someone try to make me feel better about this character being in the game. It's just kind of bugging me at this point. And don't try and argue in favor of hunting. Let's save that for another board.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I really dislike hunting, so why would I like a game that sensationalizes the practice? I played Duck Hunt when I was a kid, but it wasn't THAT great. I suppose we don't know whether or not this is real yet, but, please, someone try to make me feel better about this character being in the game. It's just kind of bugging me at this point. And don't try and argue in favor of hunting. Let's save that for another board.
Duck Hunt was a very big deal at the time and helped to popularize nintendo a bit more. Makes more sense than R.O.B.

And I don't like to hunt but hunting is kinda needed in certain places where keeping animal population in check is quite a big deal due to the lack of major predators in certain areas and invasive species. Freaking feral pigs all over the freaking place. You said save it for another board but I'm not really going to argue this further.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If there is something that makes that render irksome, it's the fact that the DHD isn't grinning like a madman.
I mean, that's what we know him for.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I absolutely love the render. I can even stomach Jr. being in if we get the best retro option of all time on there.

Well...the duck and the Dog seem to be on friendly terms in that pic. Super Smash Crusade has the dog hit the opponents with the ducks but they are very much alive still and are even set free after being used. I could see this happening again.

If you think it's cruel to hit opponents with ducks before letting the duck go, at least it's not as bad as Olimar and his Pikmin. The only freedom for them is death...

Speculator

Smash Ace
You imply that there is evidence against either of the 2. You also imply that their teases aren't evidence. I would like further elaboration.
Furthermore, while I support those 2 characters, it is a low level, mostly passive support.
There have been no teases for either of those characters. It's natural to interpret information in a way that supports your own position or desires, it's called confirmation bias. Lots of people do it.

Duck Hunt is a lighthearted game about blasting cartoon ducks while a dog giggles at your incompetence. I hope you realize you're not killing real ducks.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Whether or not a leak is fake or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Ridley is playable. Heck, I'm not even remotely suprised at the scenario where Ridley isn't playable and I've personally always been skeptical of his chances, at least more so than,say, K. Rool and Mewtwo.

As for DHD, he actually works really well as an epic troll character, especially as he would be hated. He is pretty much the leaked newcomer on that leak that I am looking forwards to the most.

Duck Hunt Dog Laughs at Your Pain!

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If this is true I'll know Sakurai at least knows what Smash Bros. Crusade is....and I'm totally down with dat.

Even if the pic is fake, I'm still rooting for this though. The dog and the duck look cute together too :)

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
The render used in the leak alone sold me on Duck Hunt Dog. It looks fabulous.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If there is something that makes that render irksome, it's the fact that the DHD isn't grinning like a madman.
I mean, that's what we know him for.
He absolutely has to have that laugh as one of his taunts... and he should laugh at the losers when he wins the match. :troll:

Please let this be real! Please Sakurai!

If this is true I'll know Sakurai at least knows what Smash Bros. Crusade is....and I'm totally down with dat.

Even if the pic is fake, I'm still rooting for this though. The dog and the duck look cute together too :)
I used to send YouTube links of Duck Hunt Dog in Crusade to Sakurai's Twitter. :awesome:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
There have been no teases for either of those characters. It's natural to interpret information in a way that supports your own position or desires, it's called confirmation bias. Lots of people do it.
Was Pseudo-Palutena not a tease? How about the Special Flag? Were people who thought these things basically confirmed Palutena and Pac-Man suffering from confirmation bias?
I think not. I didn't want palutena but was still able to recognize that Pseudo-Palutena was clear evidence of her inclusion.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord

I missed it back when those has beens had good games and by that I mean 2 games, the other 2 are trash

Speculator

Smash Ace
Was Pseudo-Palutena not a tease? How about the Special Flag? Were people who thought these things basically confirmed Palutena and Pac-Man suffering from confirmation bias?
I think not. I didn't want palutena but was still able to recognize that Pseudo-Palutena was clear evidence of her inclusion.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Even if you want to retroactively count those things as 'teases', they were for Pac-Man and Palutena. It doesn't magic teases for playable Ridley or Mewtwo into existence.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Even if you want to retroactively count those things as 'teases', they were for Pac-Man and Palutena. It doesn't magic teases for playable Ridley or Mewtwo into existence.
Hindsight has nothing to do with it. I knew they were teases before Palutena and Pac-Man were revealed.
I'm not claiming they magic teases for Ridley and Mewtwo into existence, they simply establish a precedent of teases.

BloodBrother8

Smash Rookie
The youtube Kevin Hart Madden Commercial is so funny. Someone should Edit out Maden season to say Smash Season-Then replace the bear with Ridley and it will be Youtube Gold.

Top Bottom