• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Yeah there's gonna be more than a few times where you get frustrated playing Duck Hunt. I can't count how many times I've had someone on the ropes, made a mistake and then lose, while they're sitting at 180+%.

On the other hand, when the momentums in your favor and tricks are gettin' pulled off, there's nothing more exciting than that! It's just whether you can deal with the work you hafta put into playing the dawg.

It's a labor of love.

Man, you guys aren't joking. Playing Duck Hunt is stressful already. I have to literally out play and outwork my opponent constantly or I lose. I'm persistent but boy is this going to be rough.
Hey, hey, hey, hey.

Spike stocks every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt requires a massive commitment and the understanding you may well always be behind. Pretty much the only reason I have secondaries anymore is because i needed a better doubles character.
Yes, massive commitment and understanding I will always be behind... just like the good old days of supporting Duck Hunt Dog for 12 years with few supporters... I was committed to supporting Duck Hunt Dog for Smash for so long and I am committed to making Duck Hunt Dog my best fighter. I am still learning to understand how Duck Hunt works in Smash. My SSB4 records indicate that Duck Hunt is my most used character.

Man, you guys aren't joking. Playing Duck Hunt is stressful already. I have to literally out play and outwork my opponent constantly or I lose. I'm persistent but boy is this going to be rough.
Yes, be persistent with Duck Hunt Dog because the path to victory is going to be rough. I was annoyingly persistent with my Duck Hunt Dog support for 12 years while debating/flaming with detractors but it finally paid off. And I am persistent with Duck Hunt Dog in SSB4... I remember saying that even if Duck Hunt Dog sucks in SSB4, I will still main him... and I intend to stick with it.

It's a labor of love.
Yes, it is. :4duckhunt:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Any time you get down about playing Duck Hunt, run off a platform, look at how adorable he is, and fall in love again.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Any time you get down about playing Duck Hunt, run off a platform, look at how adorable he is, and fall in love again.
Just do his slow walk, watch his idle animations, use his crawl.

He's so cute<3

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I personally ADORE the stance the dog takes whenever I bring out the Gunmen, since he genuinely looks cool, especially when I do so in the air. Its coolness doubles whenever I successfully block off an opposing projectile or approach move with it, for it exudes confidence, bravery, tech, and in Teams, selfless protection on my part. That one of his winposes IS that stance is... Kreygasm FrankerZ RalpherZ :shiro:

I'm also going to be attempting to reserve his Amiibo, alongside ROB & G&W, in the 3 pack at Gamestop tomorrow morning at 9 AM. DH, along with Jr (who's not out in the States yet), have been among my most anticipated Amiibos, and I really hope I can get them. It'd be SWEET if those Amiibos get to do anything else, like give the Wooley World Yoshies new outfits (Jr's outfit is definitely confirmed as one I'll be running, while DH's is unknown. Wooley's Mega Man outfit, in terms of looking like a full-on hybrid, straight up BLOWS MegaYoshi out of the water), or somehow be usable in Super Mario Maker. Maybe I can showcase Custom 312x DH to some of the folks in line while we're waiting... :muffin:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'd just like him to be playable in more stuff. Amiibo gives him the chance to be.

I'm surprised he isn't already, considering how many people grew up with the Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. 2-in-1 cartridge.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I successfully secured a preorder for the retro pack. Finally! :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Retro 3-Pack Pre-order of :4duckhunt:, :4rob:, and :4gaw: GET!! It went quite smoothly and quickly, despite only getting in line 10 minutes before Gamestop opened up. 16 customers in 16 minutes, the cashier complimented himself on. XD Didn't get to spar with anyone in line, though.

As for any other game out there right here right now where he IS playable, there technically IS Mugen, as this entry shows: http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Duck_Hunt_Dog

DJHANNIBALROYCE's version is THEE version to run if you were to pick just 1 of them. I've just given him a test run in the Combo Labs in Mugen Version 1.1 beta 1 a couple minutes ago (I don't believe there's been a newer version of Mugen released since that one), and as someone who's been a big fan of 2D fighters for over 15 years, and having been able to do legit combos in 2D fighters since 2003, I'm sadly not the biggest fan of Royce's DH in terms of gameplay. Visually, despite being an upsized 8-bit, he's cool, yet amusing (personally, I despite his Crouching MK... >_<).

The duck's not as involved in his attacks as he is in Sm4sh though, making him less like Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown. Oh yeah, when I first heard that DH was going to be in Sm4sh, I thought he was going to be like Nakoruru in that the duck would've been a ride-able striker like her pet falcon (or was it hawk?) Mamahaha. Royce's DH isn't like her, nor is his Sm4sh incarnation, still much to my surprise.

Cancels from normals into specials on the ground don't seem possible, nor are normals into supers or even specials into supers looking possible, which in a 2D fighter, is a HUGE problem, since that drastically reduces the amount of damage one can inflict in a punish, and it makes his footsies less threatening and more dis-respectable by the opponent. Being able to cancel or link into a Special or Super off of seemingly any stray poke is an incredibly powerful ability to have, which Royce's DH seems to lack. I WISH his QCB+LK/MK/HK was Super-cancellable, since it looks like it should be. I would've mentioned air normals into air specials or supers earlier, if he had any air specials or supers to use, which he doesn't. :(

Smash 4's general arsenal mechanics aren't present either, which reduces the amount of traps & okizeme (what you can make your opponent wake up to after scoring a soft/hard knockdown on said person) that he can do. If Royce's DH had Smash 4's arsenal directly transferred over, he'd have some of the best okizeme this side of a Melty Blood: Actress Again: Current Code or Umineko Ougon Musou Kyoku Cross character. At least on the trap front, his Gunmen are basically like Guilty Gear!Testament's Trees minus their hidden-until-opponent-is-closeby state, and putting those up while your opponent's lying on the ground after landing a soft-hard knockdown can lead to some pretty good mixups.

At least his Crouching HK can link into itself with good timing/mashing, and the anti-air Crouching HP (technically making it like Ryu's "Mexican Uppercut") can set up for Jumping HP or HK (this move is 7 hits max) as well. He's also got QCF+LK/MK/HK (Roll Over Uppercut) linked into QCF+MP & HP (Fly Away), provided you wait until DH lands from doing the Uppercut before inputting the Super. In the air, he can link from J. LP or J. LK into J. HK if you land J. LP or J. LK after letting it linger for a bit before actually hitting with it.

Oh, and he can airdash in either direction, even after double jumping. Said airdash can be done instantly by pressing Up-Forward and then pressing Forward (this makes it an IAD, which DOES work for 3S's Twel(e)ve). His normal dash in either direction has him going off the floor, allowing for aerials to be performed, ala Morrigan and Jedah from Vampire Savior.

As for an opponent for him to fight against, I'd definitely pit him against either Zangoose (http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Zangoose), D4 Kirby by Seku (SMOOTH sprites styled after both the Smash series AND Return to Dreamland? Yes please! :kirby:), or Gladiacloud's Smash 4 styled Charizard (http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Charizard/Gladiacloud's_version).

It's practically a given that I'd fight Royce's DH as MegaYoshi (*gasp!*), especially with the Demon Jr outfit (not the Orange Yoshi like it is in my avatar, believe it or not), as some of you may have guessed from the fact that I've been tricking out my avatar and signature with him as of late, since unlike thee :4megaman: in Sm4sh or MVC1/2, he's got far more mobility and projectiles, exceeding those of even Sm4sh :4yoshi:'s, for he too can IAD (unlike DH's, his IAD can actually score hard knockdowns like Jedah's and possibly UNIBEL!Merkava's, and it can be held indefinitely) after Flutter Jumping. ;O MY can also Super Jump like in the Marvel series, and he can Flutter Jump in either direction after the 1st jump or even the airdash if you double tap upwards (up left & up right are ok). He can also halt all air momentum & return to the ground straight-down at seemingly any moment outside of a whiffed aerial by :yoshi:-ing with Down Down + Any Kick (Press 2 at once for the EX version) that can also cross-up ala Yun 'n Yang's Divekicks.

I'll admit, in Mugen, I'd DEFINITELY rep MegaYoshi over Royce's DH, due to sheer mobility, cover fire, & even explosive combo-ing abilities that can actually make his rushdown & footsies terrifying to confront. Even MY's okizeme can compete with Royce's DH's, and MY himself has so many tricks like the W-Can with HP & HK & the Super Taunt to build meter (and health with the Super Taunt as well), 3rd Strike Parries that technically can be done with no meter at all, KOF styled Rolls & Spotdodges with LP & LK, the list goes on....

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd just like him to be playable in more stuff. Amiibo gives him the chance to be.

I'm surprised he isn't already, considering how many people grew up with the Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. 2-in-1 cartridge.
Duck Hunt is one of those characters most people don't want to try and learn, like Pit and Ryu. They ignore the cuteness of Mr.Peepers in favor of...Shiek.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239

Messing around.
Aaaaaand I'm just gonna add that to my favorites. Theeere we goooo...

Hey Guy, have you found an opportunity to use any of these tricks in matches?

-
I just preordered the Duck Hunt Amiibo, and while I'm not too fond of the build of the figure itself, at least I secured it early. Tho, I'm not sure how many peeps will be clamoring for Duck Hunt. :I

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I've not yet used any of those Can tricks, but perhaps next time I fire up FG Anywhere/Tourney Mode/etc, I'll try to make use of some of those tricks, however long it may take to make them happen in an actual match.

I too wonder how many folks will want DH Amiibos... Being lumped together with ROB & G&W might make him more desirable. ;o I'm still wanting to get a Jr Amiibo somehow. Importing might be how I'll do it....

I definitely plan on naming my all-brown Duo "Boney", making him run 3133 (I'd pick 3123 for him, if these Amiibo AIs didn't fail so hard with short recoveries... *Glares at his Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo who can't seem to handle running Jumbo Hoops*), taking him to the multiple legal stages, (including Castle Siege as a counterpick against him when he's at LVL 25+), and running him through his bad MUs when he's at LVL 30+. I'll make sure to bring out 1321 Bowjow at one of Jr's best stages when DH's at around LVL 48. >:3
I also want him to be able to completely lame out my Custom 3322 Triple D at a Walled Omega stage. X3 </AceStarThe3rd Squee Bait>

Duck Hunt is one of those characters most people don't want to try and learn, like Pit and Ryu. They ignore the cuteness of Mr.Peepers in favor of...Shiek.
I think Saikyoshi was speaking about DH Duo being playable in another game besides Sm4sh, not about the lack of DH players in Sm4sh, which seems like something we might have lamented about at some point in another thread or two (I too wish for more DH players, but alas, with the way things are as of right now, I'm not getting my hopes too high). I myself want to play as the Duo in another game besides Sm4sh, but as far as I'm aware, the only other game where they are playable outside of Sm4sh is Mugen, much to my dismay over the not-so-good-at-gameplay DHes that are out right now, in terms of my aggressive rushdown playstyle that I want my characters to be able to handle. I'm most certainly aware of Mugen's illegitimately disrespectable status as a total joke, for last year, there was a Random Mugen Tournament at UFGTX (now under the name Combo Breaker) that showcased some of the goofiest, most terribly-designed, and most broken (as in OP) characters that Mugen has to offer.

This is that 3 hours long tournament in question (which btw, is one of my absolute most favorite Tournaments I have ever had the pleasure of watching, along with the Mystery Game and Auction Tournaments): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JALnMXvf7M

If you're wondering if MegaYoshi, Zangoose, D4 Kirby, Royce's DH, and Sm4sh styled Charizard are in it, I regret to inform you that none of them are. 3: At least Takano Miyo, Snoopy, Warachia, Bulleta/B.B. Hood, and Q, plus some other unexpectedly hype folks, had good showings. :3

Was it hype? Yes! Was it hilarious? Yes! Was it taken seriously as a legit fighter? Not at all. While I can completely understand why its rep is as bad as it is (quite frankly, that Tournament is solid proof), there are properly made characters such as the ones I've mentioned in my last post that are genuinely fair, unique, and balanced, yet take actual skills (including the ability to perform "Normal xx Special xx Super" types of combos ("xx" meaning "cancelled into". To do Standing MP --> Standing HP --> Standing HK xx Mantis Slashes as Zangoose for example, you would have to immediately input Quarter Circle Forward + Any Punch after starting up Standing HK.)) to use & win with. The existence of Salty Bet, which is often the only live Twitch stream airing it, I don't believe really helps Mugen's rep at all.

I will at least make the daring statement that Mugen is a more legit 2D fighter than Justice League Task Force, Rise of the Robots, and Fight Fever all put together, and those 3 2D fighters I just mentioned are often cited as among the absolute worst 2D fighters ever created.

As for a dream game that I'd want the Duo to be playable in... I'm really not sure. If there's any wish I'd want, it would have to be one where the dog gets to wall-jump, which would likely be either a platformer, or another fighting game where the duck would become more involved to the point where my original envisioning as a Nakoruru-styled character would be possible, but with Sm4sh's arsenal added for crazy-great rushdown, traps, & okizeme. Against someone like a grappler, I'd imagine that those traps would let the duo lame out such folks. :> I may have complained about the lack of normal to special to super cancel combos, but I can forgive not having that if DH's arsenal were to create enough hitstun for his moves to link into each other.

If there IS another game out there featuring a playable DH Duo that's not Mugen, I'd be happy to read about it.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Mom waited at Gamestop since 9 PM 2 nights ago and it was raining heavily outside where I live, and in the morning she came back with my amiibo order! Been waiting for the Duck Hunt amiibo and he's one of the figures I've been anticipating the most out of all of them, now that I have him pre-ordered September 25th just can't come sooner. I don't play ROB or G&W at all, but I'm happy to have their figures too just cuz they're cool characters and their figurines look awesome, ROB especially (I wish I could have his Japanese Famicom color instead of NES R.O.B. though, more colorful. As soon as I get Duck Hunt, Ryu, Lil Mac, Lucas, and Rosalina, I'll have the figurines of every character I main and pocket and my collecton will be near complete for now; and I can't wait to see what else they'll do with amiibo in the future. Here's hoping we'll see Duck Hunt in more games now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, I just found out that the only Nintendo characters who showed up in that movie Pixels are Donkey Kong, Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog. If that's true, I guess I'll have to watch Pixels.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So, I just found out that the only Nintendo characters who showed up in that movie Pixels are Donkey Kong, Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog. If that's true, I guess I'll have to watch Pixels.
No way, really?! Now I have to see that movie. I don't even care if all the dog does is his trademark troll laugh, I'll still check it out.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Went to gamestop and had extra money on some gift cards, and managed to get a preorder on the amiibo 3 pack. Unexpected Duck Hunt hype!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
From what I heard, DHD just has a brief cameo.

Also from what I heard, it's not worth watching the whole trainwreck just for that cameo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From what I heard, DHD just has a brief cameo.

Also from what I heard, it's not worth watching the whole trainwreck just for that cameo.
Wait for a gif.
Going off by Black Nerd Comedy, it's safer to just wait for a gif, the burn down the movie along with Fantastic Four. Duck Hunt doesn't deserve this kind of representation, hopefully Wreck it Ralph 2 can show the squad some respect.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
C'mon, Pixels wasn't THAT bad. I mean, for Adam Sandler's standard at least.
It just was a product trying to get sold to a public that already knows about it, but the salesmen didn't know anything about, barely even researched, and were unable to correctly reflect certain aspects of the games and competitions, but it wasn't AS terrible as some critics describe it.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
So, analysis; the can bouncing/sideb carry thing is definitely practical for gimping, I landed it about two or three times when I was actually trying to do it, and if you do the short disc instead of hard one, it covers an airdodge if they try to dodge the can. That solves the only problem that sideb can carrying had. Throwing it hard is for when they're really far out there.

The only thing that I didn't remember to do which would have won me a ROB match was to use dair on the can. After realizing what the applications are imo there aren't many times in neutral where I wouldn't dair the can. I'll experiment more and see how it can be applied more.

I also realized reverse can off dash attack is definitely supported by the sideb carry thing. So now you're able to send a sideb and a reverse can out at the same time, which should be great for gimping. What you have to remember though is that reverse can offstage won't send them away from you.

Advancing the DHD metagame!

Last edited:

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Aaaaaand I'm just gonna add that to my favorites. Theeere we goooo...

Hey Guy, have you found an opportunity to use any of these tricks in matches?

-
I just preordered the Duck Hunt Amiibo, and while I'm not too fond of the build of the figure itself, at least I secured it early. Tho, I'm not sure how many peeps will be clamoring for Duck Hunt. :I
Hahaha,I liked the day to night cycle on battlefield while you were testing stuff out. Gave the impression that you were training night and day everyday to perfect the can tricks. I still main DH and while I am a lot better with him, I play a little sloppy. I'm having a hard time getting stability in his neutral game. You really do have to use your brain, can't just rush in/spam like people think. I used him predominantly on smashladders and I think I lost every single match. Was close, but lost every single one.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hahaha,I liked the day to night cycle on battlefield while you were testing stuff out. Gave the impression that you were training night and day everyday to perfect the can tricks. I still main DH and while I am a lot better with him, I play a little sloppy. I'm having a hard time getting stability in his neutral game. You really do have to use your brain, can't just rush in/spam like people think. I used him predominantly on smashladders and I think I lost every single match. Was close, but lost every single one.
I wish the day and night thing was in every Smash game, same with Pit and Duck Hunt.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
Yeah there's gonna be more than a few times where you get frustrated playing Duck Hunt. I can't count how many times I've had someone on the ropes, made a mistake and then lose, while they're sitting at 180+%.
I've had opponents as high as 220% who've taken cans to the face near the edge and they come back and you're like 'why won't you die already?!'.

Good news though my fellow duck hunt duo... ers(?), because there's actually a neat trick that I don't think many duck hunt duo players know about. Now most of you are probably trying to get in a lucky back air or can or spike with forward A, but at 167% is where DHD's hidden killing move comes into play... his upthrow.

Now in testing (this was pre 1.1.0, but seems to hold true in 1.1.0), DHD can kill Jigglypuff by upthrow at 167% and Donkey Kong (not the heaviest but the highest) at 240% (Bowser is about 220%), which means all other characters, based roughly on their weight, sit along this spectrum - which is a regular percentage spectrum most DHD players will encounter.

Mid-weights will KO at about 180-190 upthrow. And if it fails, you get a free up-air KO jab pass as a bonus.

Then there's this infuriating event:

KO at 39%? What the hell Nintendo?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've had opponents as high as 220% who've taken cans to the face near the edge and they come back and you're like 'why won't you die already?!'.

Good news though my fellow duck hunt duo... ers(?), because there's actually a neat trick that I don't think many duck hunt duo players know about. Now most of you are probably trying to get in a lucky back air or can or spike with forward A, but at 167% is where DHD's hidden killing move comes into play... his upthrow.

Now in testing (this was pre 1.1.0, but seems to hold true in 1.1.0), DHD can kill Jigglypuff by upthrow at 167% and Donkey Kong (not the heaviest but the highest) at 240% (Bowser is about 220%), which means all other characters, based roughly on their weight, sit along this spectrum - which is a regular percentage spectrum most DHD players will encounter.

Mid-weights will KO at about 180-190 upthrow. And if it fails, you get a free up-air KO jab pass as a bonus.

Then there's this infuriating event:

KO at 39%? What the hell Nintendo?
Tipper+Rage Mode+Fully charged side smash=Reasonable but EVIL

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
Tipper+Rage Mode+Fully charged side smash=Reasonable but EVIL
I personally think that's unbalanced (they're rewarding lucky hits over progressive damage building), largely because DHD lacks launch power and thus most opponents will be in rage mode de facto.

I'd wish they either up the launching power, or make the moves faster (usually Nintendo do a good job of trading off speed for power and vice versa but DHD has neither, it seems). And most definitely fix that slide glitch.

Or if they can't fix the slide glitch, give a Luigi-esque probability (on the same scale as the glitch) that I will early KO my target (to make up for all the times the slide glitch doesn't KO it's target). It'd make DHD gameplay more potent, too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I personally think that's unbalanced (they're rewarding lucky hits over progressive damage building), largely because DHD lacks launch power and thus most opponents will be in rage mode de facto.

I'd wish they either up the launching power, or make the moves faster (usually Nintendo do a good job of trading off speed for power and vice versa but DHD has neither, it seems). And most definitely fix that slide glitch.

Or if they can't fix the slide glitch, give a Luigi-esque probability (on the same scale as the glitch) that I will early KO my target (to make up for all the times the slide glitch doesn't KO it's target). It'd make DHD gameplay more potent, too.
Make his Utilt an infinite like Ryu's light utilt/punch and have his laugh give 20-38% as a ko move.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher

No, tippers reward good spacing. But in this game, Marth doesn't always want to land tippers. He's is an interesting, dynamic, and fair character. The issue is that Duck Hunt is underpowered. No need to slight Marth here, it's not like he's a dominant character. Duck Hunt is in serious need of footsie tools and kill setups. Until he gets them, he will not be a very threatening character. There's still hope, but he would need some strong attention from the next couple of patches, and who knows how many of those are left? I do hope Duck Hunt gets some love, because as it is, he's a very difficult character who has little reward for his effort, and that is something to get frustrated about.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
No, tippers reward good spacing. But in this game, Marth doesn't always want to land tippers. He's is an interesting, dynamic, and fair character. The issue is that Duck Hunt is underpowered. No need to slight Marth here, it's not like he's a dominant character. Duck Hunt is in serious need of footsie tools and kill setups. Until he gets them, he will not be a very threatening character. There's still hope, but he would need some strong attention from the next couple of patches, and who knows how many of those are left? I do hope Duck Hunt gets some love, because as it is, he's a very difficult character who has little reward for his effort, and that is something to get frustrated about.
I'm in agreement that DHD needs buffing, just I'm not sure what is governing that situation with Marth in particular (could be any number of things - the tipper might be too damaging to DHD, or DHD too light), just it's clearly not fair. Imagine if the duck beak did KO at 39%, there'd be outrage!

As it stands, DHD is very much 'one mistake and you're dead' type character.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
Make his Utilt an infinite like Ryu's light utilt/punch and have his laugh give 20-38% as a ko move.
Anything as a quirk to make up for the downfalls. Although I would settle for the original annoying 8-bit laugh - that's worth way more than a KO move. Then we can do percent damage on people's irritation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anything as a quirk to make up for the downfalls. Although I would settle for the original annoying 8-bit laugh - that's worth way more than a KO move. Then we can do percent damage on people's irritation.
And funny aswell

Woofles

Smash Rookie
NNID
Prisoner-JV24601
Hi guys! I finally got started on Smashboards and I thought this looked like the place to introduce myself! I'm a Duck Hunt main from SW Florida, but I got to school in NJ. I just took 7th at a large local where the best player from Rhode Island attended, and the number 3 player from Florida, but I'm hoping to get better and eventually take first! I've been playing Smash competitively since Brawl with PT, and fell in love with our doggy when Smash 4 came out.

Fun Facts: I have five dogs
Funner Fact: My name (Conner) means Lover of Hounds in old Irish

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hi guys! I finally got started on Smashboards and I thought this looked like the place to introduce myself! I'm a Duck Hunt main from SW Florida, but I got to school in NJ. I just took 7th at a large local where the best player from Rhode Island attended, and the number 3 player from Florida, but I'm hoping to get better and eventually take first! I've been playing Smash competitively since Brawl with PT, and fell in love with our doggy when Smash 4 came out.

Fun Facts: I have five dogs
Funner Fact: My name (Conner) means Lover of Hounds in old Irish
Hey man! Welcome to the thing with the dogs! Looking forward to seeing you around the DH boards!

Top Bottom