• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That remixed music in the trailer was beautiful.

For a moment during the trailer, I was worried that the DHD wasn't going to get a stage like in the 3DS version, but nope. Turns out the Dog is both playable and a stage element, it seems.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
That music. :love:

Also I love how Duck Hunt actually got freaked out by the splash screen.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's obvious Sakurai is saving the best trailer for last. :awesome:
Oh. My. God!!!!

I knew it!!! They saved the best for last... Duck Hunt takes aim!!!

I loved how the trailer opened to a classic scene from the NES game... then the Smash fighters appear as NES sprites and they invite DHD to join them. I also loved how DHD and the duck were like bros when they high five each other. And that stage was basically Duck Hunt in its original glory!!!! Exactly how I wanted it!!!! And then they announced Duck Hunt for Wii U Virtual Console!!!!!! YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! I was weeping tears of joy and I had goosebumps all over.. it was epic!!!!

Long live Duck Hunt!!!! :4duckhunt:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Trailer was amazing, stage was amazing (I think that was a Duck Hunt stage), Duck Hunt on Virtual Console sealed the deal!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That trailer gave me the feels.

''Come with us and join the ranks of HD characters, it's your time, guys."

So sweet and totally fits the feel these two give me everytime I play them.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The trailer was amazing. Duck Hunt are such a fun team.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It was completely adorable how they were the only newcomers (dog + duck) to be freaked out by the text popping up outta nowhere. Their stage looks neat too! Interesting how you can hit the ducks and how the sprite dog popping up was a platform? Also adorable how the dog shields his eyes from swimsuit Shulk XD ALSO adorable how the duck dislikes Pikmin and how they high-five. Very adorable trailer for our adorable newcomers.

Shog

Smash Ace
omg did you see how adorable the swimming animation for them is? And who laughed at the "Zapper not compatible with this game" :)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
"This seal is your assurance that Nintendo has approved and guaranteed that hunting season is open."
It's on the poster and it's funny!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And for those who are curious, the reasoning for why Duck Hunt is compatible with the Zapper equipment is pretty much explained by the duo's moveset and specials.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
That was a fantastic trailer!
I especially love the part when the duck quacked at the pikmin.

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Warning Received
Greetings, I’m making a new clan named TMT (The Money Team)

We have our emblem already and three members. We are currently recruiting members. I want the best smashers of every character (only a really good player per character ((example: Since I play Ganondorf, if you main Ganondorf you cannot join))) So if anyone is interested PM me and I will test you guys as I am the leader of the crew. Ign: Brad. Hope to make a good and fun crew as we hone our skills for improvement and reach to be the best :)!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That trailer was AMAZING! It was really cute too! Funny thing though, For some reason, I'm a little sad about no Isabelle in any of their screenshots. I know I'm sounding really picky, but I had a "scenario" thought out. Basically, it was simply this: The Dog would do his taunt where he performs a hand-stand, with a Heart Container between him and Isabelle. Almost like he's trying to impress her...or maybe even ask her out?.......:p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The music for the Duck Hunt trailer is basically the Clay Shooting Bonus Game Clear theme repeated over and over, then a rearrangement of the Wild Gunmen title screen when the Gunmen first shows up in the trailer, followed by the Duck Hunt Intro theme repeated over and over.

And it works.

How.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
No, it's OK, I'LL make the trailer embed for people, it's fine. :p

THE MUSIC WAS GOOD, AND THE TRAILER SYNCED UP WITH IT, AND CGI DUCK HUNT WORLD, AND DUCK HUNT ALREADY BREAKING THE 4TH WALL LETS THE DUO ACTUALLY NOTICE THE NAME SPLASH, AND CGI DOG LAUGHING AT THE ZAPPER PLAYER AND BOTH ANIMALS SWIM IN WATER INSTEAD OF JUST DOG, AND EVERYTHING IS AHHHHHH

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I'm dying right now.
That trailer was so great... that my heart nearly flew away.
Also, I just love how the Duck Hunt Duo are fourth wall breakers, totally being taken by surprise when these random words just suddenly show up next to them.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I CALLED IT!
I FRICKEN CALLED IT
That trailer was amazing!

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I just realized...

Look at the positioning of where the name splash is

The Duo isn't just freaking out over the splash coming out of nowhere, DOG IS REACTING TO THE SPLASH SHOOTING DUCK

Brilliant!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm dying right now.
That trailer was so great... that my heart nearly flew away.
Also, I just love how the Duck Hunt Duo are fourth wall breakers, totally being taken by surprise when these random words just suddenly show up next to them.
It's just how I envisioned them to be... breaking the fourth wall to fight and seemingly aware that they are video game characters... love how exaggerated their expressions were... you all remember when I used to say that DHD is a cartoon dog styled after old American cartoons (think Looney Tunes and Tex Avery) from the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s...

You all remember when I said that DHD could work as a plausible Smash fighter but Nintendog wouldn't work as a plausible Smash fighter? I think that you can see it for yourself when you go to 2:00 in DHD's trailer and see a cartoon dog right next to a real life dog. I don't think the Nintendogs would be able to make these humorous exaggerated faces like DHD... also, how could Nintendogs carry crates if they aren't even capable of walking on two legs like DHD can?

Not to mention that normal people would rather shoot a cartoon dog than to kick a real life dog.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I saw the trailer again, and let me tell you, I appreciate it MUCH more now. It's probably the cutest AND most hilarious trailer I've ever seen! I mean, the short scene where the Dog covers his eyes after seeing Shulk made me laugh so hard! and that doggy paddle along with the Duck swimming next to the Dog? One of the cutest scenes I've ever seen. But what sold it for me was the lovable hi-five they give each other in the end. That was so sweet. It pretty much solidified for me that they are best friends in this game.

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
That trailer is one of my favorites. Mainly the 8 bit part and all the humor. Also it looks like in the 8 Bit scene Mario is giving DHD the middle finger. When Duck Hunt Duo (I'm from the UK) started moving his eyes I thought it was a joke on the "Hey shoot the Ducks not me!" from the arcade version.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dropping in to say that the trailer was hilarious and awesome. :p Made doubly better by the remixes of the Duck Hunt tunes in the trailer.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
That trailer is one of my favorites. Mainly the 8 bit part and all the humor. Also it looks like in the 8 Bit scene Mario is giving DHD the middle finger. When Duck Hunt Duo (I'm from the UK) started moving his eyes I thought it was a joke on the "Hey shoot the Ducks not me!" from the arcade version.
Honestly, you guys sure did get the better name. Duck Hunt Duo makes so much more sense. I just hope the stage gets a different name. Playing as Duck Hunt ON Duck Hunt would be weird.:urg:

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
Honestly, you guys sure did get the better name. Duck Hunt Duo makes so much more sense. I just hope the stage gets a different name. Playing as Duck Hunt ON Duck Hunt would be weird.:urg:
Somehow I don't think it will considering all the other retro stages that are 8 bit use there names from the game such as Mario Bros. and 75m and Balloon Fight.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I honestly dislike how there are people out there who have to act like a jerk towards others who still call the character "Duck Hunt Dog". We are all aware that the Smash 4 character involves the dog, a duck, and the hunter from the fourth wall, along with the Wild Gunmen. I and others prefer to call the character "Duck Hunt Dog" regardless, and refer to the character as a "him" instead of a "they". I wish those people will stop being pedantic over other people's choices and just learn to accept others' opinions.

It's like me preferring to pronounce the year 2014 as "two thousand fourteen" instead of "twenty fourteen."

Spirst

I honestly dislike how there are people out there who have to act like a jerk towards others who still call the character "Duck Hunt Dog". We are all aware that the Smash 4 character involves the dog, a duck, and the hunter from the fourth wall, along with the Wild Gunmen. I and others prefer to call the character "Duck Hunt Dog" regardless, and refer to the character as a "him" instead of a "they". I wish those people will stop being pedantic over other people's choices and just learn to accept others' opinions.

It's like me preferring to pronounce the year 2014 as "two thousand fourteen" instead of "twenty fourteen."
I personally don't care what people call him as long as they don't do something dumb and act like it's the official name. When someone is referring to the dog, it makes more sense to say "Duck Hunt Dog" or "The Dog" as opposed to calling him Duck Hunt.

Top Bottom