• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DIY Customized Content Thread

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Wrestlemania here, I would like to get into making my own customized content such as making BRSTMs and changing the SSS. I noticed that there are often requests to have other do things for them, but as any real man knows making something yourself is half the fun. That being said I was hoping to make a collection of links to guides, and/or peoples explanations on how to do certain things collected all in one spot.

BrawlBox

Edit the Stage Screen Select
(I don't know how accurate these are Ill be checking them out soon)
1 (Outdated?)
Two

Brawl Manager

GCT Fusionizer

WackaAlpaca's Youtube guides to most things

Riivolution Help

Project M Font

Making Stage Icons

MenSelmapMark

Editing Character Select Portraits

A lot of Character Portrait Stuff Including SSE and Challenger Aproaching

Adjust Song Volume

Replacement SoundBank Engine

Taunts

How to make BRSTMs

BRSTM Converter

BRSTM File Names

BRSTM files that don't show in my music
[Collapse="Stage Replacements"] Luigi's Mansion is Dracula's Castle
SSE: Jungle is Distant Planet
Skyloft is Hanenbow
Hyrule Castle 64 Bridge of Eldin
Kong 64 is 75m
Saffron City is Spear Pillar
Yoshi's Story Melee is Yoshi Island Melee (pipes).
Fourside is New Pork City
Fountain of Dreams is Mario Bros.
Metal cavern is Mushroomy Kingdom
[/Collapse]

Will add a note on which Project M stages are over which when I find it.

Malart

Smash Apprentice
I agree, that would be a good idea. all the 'how-to's are scattered around the forums here in different posts, and over at the KC-MM forums too.

Malart

Smash Apprentice
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0

This is the first page of the RSBE (Replacement Soundbank Engine) thread over at KC-MM. The first post contains the download links and instructions you'll need to make your own sfx for characters. You just gotta make sure you don't go over the original filesize limit. Haven't used it yet, but I found something in a newer thread on the customized content board here on SB that made Ganon's Warlock Punch and up-taunt both say 'SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY'.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
After I get out of work this evening I will add more I need to find out how to edit SSS anyway, but if people want to post things and I will add them to the OP that would be great.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
This should get stickied. Many people are lost when it comes to customization and this would certainly speed up the learning process. May I suggest adding a guide to making stage icons? I'll try posting a link.

EDIT: Funnily enough, a thread started by me was the best guide I could find.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
This should get stickied. Many people are lost when it comes to customization and this would certainly speed up the learning process. May I suggest adding a guide to making stage icons? I'll try posting a link.

EDIT: Funnily enough, a thread started by me was the best guide I could find.

This is exactly what I want to do make basically a 1 stop shop for learning customization related things. It will make it much easier for new people to do it on their own.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Oh man I promised myself that I'd make one of these, but waaaaaay more detailed and in-depth, but I've been so stacked with work and school lately I've never had the time to even get started. Aw well.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Anybody knows how to make a franchise logo for PM ? (MenSelmapMark stuff).
I can't seem to find any tutorial :/

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146

You'll need GIMP though. But it's pretty straight forward. This video really came handy for me before releasing my Bomberman stage import and made a set of portraits to completely replace a stage.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Sorry I have been slacking on this thread I will try to find some more stuff to add.
Probably cBliss next as that is what I am going to be learning to add soon.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Right now I know:
Luigi's Mansion is Dracula's Castle
SSE: Jungle is Distant Planet
Skyloft is Hanenbow
Hyrule Castle 64 Bridge of Eldin
Kong 64 is 75m
Saffron City is Spear Pillar

If I am missing anything or something is wrong let me know.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Fourside is new pork city
Fountain of dreams is mario bros.
Metal cavern is mushroomy kingdom
Green hill zone = ~~~~
Rumble falls = ~~~~

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
So not to toot my own horn or anything but in HS I was the 2nd best Instructions writer in the state. Yes that is actually a thing it was called "Write it Do it" and was part of Science Olypmiad, like the science version of Math Team. ANYWAY. Now, that I have actually done some of these things I am going to start writing up some of my own instructions and there is a good chance I will even make a youtube video or two, however I am still learning a ton of this stuff so stay tuned.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Simple-ish question, I think. What's the method for changing which emblem shows on alternate stages without getting rid of the previous emblem. For example, I changed Mario Circuit to Castlesky, but want to replace the Mario mushroom with the Fire Emblem sword, yet I don't want to delete that mushroom or overwrite it because other stages also use it.

Sorry if this seems like a question with an obvious answer.

Malart

Smash Apprentice
So not to toot my own horn or anything but in HS I was the 2nd best Instructions writer in the state. Yes that is actually a thing it was called "Write it Do it" and was part of Science Olypmiad, like the science version of Math Team. ANYWAY. Now, that I have actually done some of these things I am going to start writing up some of my own instructions and there is a good chance I will even make a youtube video or two, however I am still learning a ton of this stuff so stay tuned.

That would be much appreciated, I imagine.

Congratulations...I think?
Stuna, your profile pic is the perfect picture for this sentence. Really looks like Yoshi is saying that.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Simple-ish question, I think. What's the method for changing which emblem shows on alternate stages without getting rid of the previous emblem. For example, I changed Mario Circuit to Castlesky, but want to replace the Mario mushroom with the Fire Emblem sword, yet I don't want to delete that mushroom or overwrite it because other stages also use it.

Sorry if this seems like a question with an obvious answer.
You need to do some PAT0 editing with BrawlBox. Use one of the newer versions, because an older one will cause all of the icons and images to get arranged randomly in some weird looking patter.

common5 --> sc_selmap --> MiscData[80]--> AnmTexPat --> MenSelmapPreview --> lambert113 --> Texture0 --> MenSelchrMark.XX

The XX is the number that tells the game which stage franchise icon to use for a stage (i.e. Super Mario Bros. is 01, Metroid is 03, and Fire Emblem is 15). What you want to do is go to this particular file in Key 6 and change the number in the text box to the right from 01 to 15. So now Mario Kart will have a Fire Emblem franchise icon instead of a Super Mario Bros. one.

Here's a reference pic of where exactly you can change the numbers:

Man this is why I need to take a few days off and straight up write an in-depth tutorial that goes all over this kind of stuff.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
You need to do some PAT0 editing with BrawlBox. Use one of the newer versions, because an older one will cause all of the icons and images to get arranged randomly in some weird looking patter.

common5 --> sc_selmap --> MiscData[80]--> AnmTexPat --> MenSelmapPreview --> lambert113 --> Texture0 --> MenSelchrMark.XX

The XX is the number that tells the game which stage franchise icon to use for a stage (i.e. Super Mario Bros. is 01, Metroid is 03, and Fire Emblem is 15). What you want to do is go to this particular file in Key 6 and change the number in the text box to the right from 01 to 15. So now Mario Kart will have a Fire Emblem franchise icon instead of a Super Mario Bros. one.

Man this is why I need to take a few days off and straight up write an in-depth tutorial that goes all over this kind of stuff.
You are awesome. Thank you very much.

Edit: Damn, when I went exploring the common5 trying to find this stuff yesterday, I went by this area, but ended up at the pasted_stname ones instead of lambert113. So close yet so far away.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Is there a way to make Battle Portraits from the Character Self Portraits?

I tried to resize it to the right dimensions like I would for the Stage Selection Screen pictures to get the preview stage pictures, but it's not exactly the same situation apparently, It's not just re-sized, but cropped a certain way (and then re-sized?)

I figured this would be the thread to ask how do I make Battle Portraits?
If one of you all could point me to a thread that goes into depth I would appreciate it.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Either play around with resizing and tilting to make it fit over one portrait, or recolor it to look as close to what you're doing as you can.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Could anybody tell me how to change the wii strap picture? like what file i should go to and stuff?
Yeah it's in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/strap and there's 1 of them in each /StrapEn, /StrapFr, and /StrapSp

I've never actually replaced the image, but I just recently stumbled upon its location, so I hope that helps.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Yeah it's in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/strap and there's 1 of them in each /StrapEn, /StrapFr, and /StrapSp

I've never actually replaced the image, but I just recently stumbled upon its location, so I hope that helps.
Thanks man! Although now i have some other questions, do i need to change the image in each strap? and how would i go about just replacing the image behind PM, i want to keep the the PM logo and change everything behind the logo, how would i do that? i use GIMP btw

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is it possible to change the color of an L cancel flash? I have a white GnW with black outlines, but it's really hard to visually tell if he L cancels anything because of it.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
With 2.6b out I am going to get back to learning how to mod things and will try to clean up the OP this weekend.
That being said 1 does anyone know the answer to pwnz0rz question?
2. When I put a texture onto wario, eg I put one onto FitWario00 and it had both the pac and the pcs. However, when I went to use it in game it loaded when I selected the WarioWare Wario (What should be FitWario06) and then about 20 secs later while I was taking a hit froze. With that annoying noise of course. Does anyone know why this would happen?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
00-Original (WarioWare)
01-Red (WarioWare)
02-Green (WarioWare)
03-Blue (WarioWare)
04-Black & Red (WarioWare)
05-Orange & Blue (WarioWare)
06-Original (Overall)
07-Red (Overall)
08-Green (Overall)
09-Blue (Overall)
10-WarioLand 2 color (Overall) - Somewhat brown
11-WarioLand 3 color (Overall) - The white one

In p:m, the csp's places were changed, the wario land overall took over the wario ware outfit; but the codes (for colors) stay the same. So that deals with the first issue and it automatically solves the freezing problem. (Problem: placing an overall over a warioware spot, doesnt work that way mah boi)

210stuna

Smash Lord
So the pacs and what not are biker first and then classic

But the CSPs are reversed?
This has me more confused now, as I never noticed this.

Top Bottom