• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Baby Pokémon, the Melee underdog: Pichu for DLC Discussion - Under New Ownership! VOTE NOW!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I honestly wouldn't mind Pichu if he alongside Roy, Dr.Mario and Young Link came in a DLC MELEE pack. (Since Mewtwo was the closest to being NON-cut, I think he'll make it in as a regular character).

It would be favorable if we got all characters from previous SSBs, but since we DON'T want them to waste unnecessary time and effort on similar characters (at least not me, lol) for the disc version, then leave them for extra content for post-release.

I actually really love that idea. Also include some Melee stages, items, etc. It will be like a homage to Melee expansion pack.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pichu might make sense on the 3DS Smash where he can be customized. And when he is transported to the WiiU version, he evolves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still say Pichu / Pikachu / Raichu (with solo Pikachu as an option as well). Evolution gimmick baby. YEAHHHH. :starman:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
He better get in. I don't care if he's a clone, I used him all the time. When I found out he wasn't in brawl I LITTERLY screamed in rage and I nearly broke something

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He better get in. I don't care if he's a clone, I used him all the time. When I found out he wasn't in brawl I LITTERLY screamed in rage and I nearly broke something

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Stay away from fragile objects during the roster reveal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....after thinking about it, I support Pichu.

Granted, he shouldn't get in until some other characters are included and he should definitely be buffed but I wouldn't complain if he was brought back,

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't support Pichu's return per se; while I do like playing as him in Melee, I feel like he's too past his prime and in too much competition with more deserving Pokemon characters that also wouldn't be clones.

If he somehow does return though, I'd like for them to Luigify him, incorporating Flail (an egg move) and Endeavor (a Gen IV event move) into his moveset to work off of his self-damaging gimmick. I definitely don't want them to remove that; it's part of what made him so fun to win with.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pichu should definitely be an alt for Pikachu. Not necessarily a model swap, but at least a skin similar to OOT Zelda for TP Zelda in Brawl.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I want Pichu in ssb4, just for the fact that I liked to win as him, and because he's Pichu.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Moves ideas for if pichu were to comeback since I prefer pichu over pikachu.

1st off no taking damage from using electric moves

Bair- n64 pikachu's bair
nair - just kb increasement so it can still be an combo happy move and be able to kill like around 130%
uair - it could be animated to have mario/falcon/ganon uair but still being 2 frames quick and have the gentlemen spike (even though pichu is clearly a girl)
fair - maybe it could have no kb and little to no endlag to nair/dair combo

d-throw be like pikachu chaingrab with fastfallers
u-throw be an nair/usmash combo and being able to chaingrab spacies with it
b-throw thunder shocks you while rolling back and has kill potential

fsmash - opponent gets suck into it and being powerful
dsmash - still want it to kb oppponet the oppisite direction but the same start-up/endlag as other rolling around dsmashers

jab instead the excesses heathutt just one doing 7% with low kb

neub - longer durability but keep its floatlyness
downb - thunder could gimp opponets
up-b - have excessive mobility like in melee and have the land jump cancel and can do damage

thoughts

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Moves ideas for if pichu were to comeback since I prefer pichu over pikachu.

1st off no taking damage from using electric moves

Bair- n64 pikachu's bair
nair - just kb increasement so it can still be an combo happy move and be able to kill like around 130%
uair - it could be animated to have mario/falcon/ganon uair but still being 2 frames quick and have the gentlemen spike (even though pichu is clearly a girl)
fair - maybe it could have no kb and little to no endlag to nair/dair combo

d-throw be like pikachu chaingrab with fastfallers
u-throw be an nair/usmash combo and being able to chaingrab spacies with it
b-throw thunder shocks you while rolling back and has kill potential

fsmash - opponent gets suck into it and being powerful
dsmash - still want it to kb oppponet the oppisite direction but the same start-up/endlag as other rolling around dsmashers

jab instead the excesses heathutt just one doing 7% with low kb

neub - longer durability but keep its floatlyness
downb - thunder could gimp opponets
up-b - have excessive mobility like in melee and have the land jump cancel and can do damage

thoughts
Why do you like chain grabs so much?

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Two frame Uair with the full upper coverage of a flip kick would be unbalanced in theory, but I don't play Pichu so IDK if its unbalanced or not. And by thunder gimping opponents, do you mean it meteors? That'd be seriously awesome.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Pichu returning in SSB4? Lol.

The Wii Fit Trainer may have showed us that a lot of things are possible, but some things do remain certain, like the guarantee that Pichu will not return. He was the most hated character in Melee, a clone of Pikachu, and isn't even a popular Pokémon anymore.

Pichu's chance of returning is pretty much an absolute 0%.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
The only hope for Pichu is as possible DLC in the future.

But with Sakurai you never know.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Pichu returning in SSB4? Lol.

The Wii Fit Trainer may have showed us that a lot of things are possible, but some things do remain certain, like the guarantee that Pichu will not return. He was the most hated character in Melee, a clone of Pikachu, and isn't even a popular Pokémon anymore.

Pichu's chance of returning is pretty much an absolute 0%.
We all know you want him back the most. :troll:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
They better not put pichu in

Hurting yourself while attacking defeats amy purpose of staying alive

volbound1700

Smash Master
His self-damaging never really bothered me beause it was only 1-2% per electrical shock. His speed was his best asset. If you play items free for all, he really isn't that bad. I can play better with him than I can with Mewtwo on Melee. Mewtwo was just horrible in that game.

D

Deleted member

If Pichu comes back, it'll probably be THIS Pichu:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I would rather have Pachirisu or Emolga in smash bros 4.

If you're going to make a Pikachu clone at least try to have him not be related to Pikachu.

thisismatt

Smash Cadet
So my idea for Pichu is that he return with his old self-damaging gimmick, but also take the gimmick of another character that I think has a chance to be cut - Lucario. I'm talking of course about dealing more damage the more damage he takes. What a trade-off: you can damage yourself to power up your attacks, but that makes an already super lightweight even more vulnerable.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OK guys, completely crazy idea here, but maybe... just maybe... NEW MOVESET!

OPERATION: LUIGIFY PICHU

N-Special: Thunder Jolt. Same as Pikachu, but the paralysis lasts longer. Deals 5%.
S-Special: ThunderShock. He rains down electricity and can use it to heal himself and charge up a N-Special. If anyone is above him, it will deal them 10%, paralyze them and not heal or charge Pichu. It has a 5% chanceof damaging Pichu with 2%, discouraging spamming of the move.
U-Special: Quick Attack. Same as Pikachu, but faster and deals paralysis instead of damage.
D-Special: Thunder Wave. Pichu releases waves of electricity around him. It paralyzes opponents for quick combos from Pichu. Deals 14% damage.
Final Smash: Volt Tackle. Same as Pikachu, but faster and more controllable. GIVE PIKACHU NEW, EASIER FINAL SMASH!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I personally want all of the missing Melee fighters to come back for Smash 4, simply for the 'romantic' feeling it would give to see them back in a Smash game.

Pichu needs to keep his gimmick however. That's his flavor and it simply needs a good moveset that would compliment his style more.

Top Bottom