• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
After checking out Giga Robo in this video, this definitely needs to be Chibi's Final Smash in Smash. Not to mention the moveset itself had improved since the last time we've seen it.

This might actually make me play SSF2. Looks much more polished than it was before.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This might actually make me play SSF2. Looks much more polished than it was before.
Actually the game itself is pretty competitive if you can play with a controller or even have a fast running computer/laptop. Good thing I managed to make my online account after the APEX event.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up for supporting Chibi-Robo :)
I'd don't really know much about him having only played a little of his original game and the demo for the photo game, but he looks like he'd fit right in so I'd love to play as him :)

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but I just realized something. This thread needs a supporters list.
Here's who I have so far. Let me know if I'm missing you.

The Chibi Supporters:
Thread Creator: @ Onyx Oblivian Onyx Oblivian
Support List Runner: @ a smart guy a smart guy
  1. @Opossum
  2. @gothrax
  3. @PsychoIncarnate
  4. @Oasis_S
  5. @DakotaBonez
  6. @Kink-Link5
  7. @Guybrush20X6
  8. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
  9. @Frostwraith
  10. @fogbadge
  11. @MelMoe
  12. @The Drilling Juggernaut
  13. @FalKoopa
  14. @God Robert's Cousin
  15. @AEM
  16. @Swampasaur
  17. @Sabrewulf238
  18. @lint789
  19. @Inawordyes
  20. @RadRedi
  21. @SpaceJell0
  22. @ErictheLone
  23. @Afrodude
  24. @Smash_Brother
  25. @ DonkaFjord DonkaFjord
  26. @ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper
  27. @acekidgravity
  28. @Protom
  29. @ Pacack Pacack
  30. @Rasumii
  31. @farvin111
  32. @KCCHIEFS27
  33. @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
  34. @Sobreviviente
  35. @Mega Bidoof
  36. @Yams
  37. @ OKALRIGHT OKALRIGHT
  38. @Tree Cat
  39. @SmashShadow
  40. @NoPLo
  41. @Superyoshiom
  42. @Keybladeguy
  43. @8-peacock-8
  44. @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
  45. @SuperMii3D
  46. @FirstBlade
  47. @Pikmin1211
  48. @slambros
  49. @Reila
  50. @smashkirby
  51. @MrAmaboKcorb
  52. @Davidreamcatcha
  53. @DustyPumpkin
  54. @Smash Daddy
  55. @Brickbuild101
  56. @Cobalsh
  57. @Shalashaska
  58. @CroonerMike
  59. @SunnyDust
  60. @Halfhead
  61. @Zero Suit Wario
  62. @Zzuxon
  63. @mini paincakes
  64. @andimidna
  65. @CliffJumper
  66. @ mahnamahna mahnamahna
  67. @ Sailor Waddle Dee Sailor Waddle Dee
  68. @ Two Big Guys For You Two Big Guys For You
  69. @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123
  70. @ PixelPasta PixelPasta
  71. @ CheeseBroJoe CheeseBroJoe
  72. @ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern
  73. @ T Tabuhli
  74. @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
  75. @ Bedoop Bedoop
  76. @ billys_dad billys_dad
  77. @ T-Hell T-Hell
  78. @ AlgusUnderdunk AlgusUnderdunk
  79. @ NATGamer NATGamer
  80. @Skyfox2000
  81. @Lt. Chapwisely
  82. @SG9000
  83. @TheNerdyOne_
  84. @Magikarpow
  85. @Marthmario
  86. @Reila
  87. @AwesomeCauliflower68
  88. @Cenizas
  89. @Godzillathewonderdog
  90. @Bradli Wartooth
  91. @SonicSmasher1
  92. @Swop
  93. @KCsmash
  94. @WiENFY
  95. @NeuroticSpirit
  96. @Zoljinx
  97. @PreedReve
  98. @Mr. Potatobadger
  99. @Mega Hawlucha
  100. @sogeki
  101. @PWN3
  102. @Arcadenik
  103. @POKEMANSPIKA
  104. @smileMasky
  105. @FancySmash
  106. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
  107. @SmashChu
  108. @StormC
  109. @Mask and Mirror
  110. @toadster101
  111. @Graizen
  112. @DutchPichu
  113. @Kevandre
  114. @SMAASH! Puppy
  115. @KenithTheGatherer
  116. @TCT~Phantom
  117. @dezeray112
  118. @SuperLittleTY
  119. @Spinda654
  120. @SirCamp
  121. @D-Man9293
  122. @Powerman293
  123. @ShinigamiOfMadness
  124. @Wanderer from Roseyard
  125. @Koopaul
  126. @YoshiandToad
  127. @Wonder Gato

Last edited:

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
That's a lot more supporters than I thought we had.
Which is why if SSB5 ever does get made or if Nintendo decides to just continually add DLC for SSB4 over the next 3 to 7 years, Chibi Robo would be a worthy rep of the Gamecube generation.

I definitely think he'll be an assist trophy at least... and either a DLC character, a SSB5 newcomer or a completely out of left field addition that's so Sakurai ;P

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
I'm game for this. Robo was a fantastic game and deserves to be in Smash. I hope that they'll give him a better treatment than sequel shovel ware as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Too bad @ Onyx Oblivian Onyx Oblivian barely goes to this thread any more due to lack of activity. Though I can probably see him stopping by near the game's final release to see the little robo's fate. :(

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'd love to be added to the supporters list!

Oh, and by the way... I'm working on a concept for a reveal trailer, so I will post the write-up for that soon!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright, here is my reveal trailer concept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The flaming Smash intro is shown - then it cuts to a garden. This song plays, as we see Olimar and an army of Pikmin marching through this garden. After a few seconds of trekking, Olimar walks headfirst into what appears to be a large glass wall! The music cuts as he stumbles back slightly dazed, and looks up at this massive wall of glass. His eyes bug out as he sees what stands before him - the camera pans out to reveal they are right in front of a massive suburban house!
Captain Olimar scans his surroundings for a bit. It isn't long before he notices a small hole smashed into the glass, just about the right size for him to fit through. He motions to his Pikmin and they all head inside.
Olimar and the Pikmin all search around the living room of the large house. It is a typical living room, with a couch, a table, a television, etc. Suddenly, one Pikmin tugs Olimar on the leg and points him towards a mysterious metallic structure that has two large, blinking eyes! Olimar and the gang approach this strange object. Olimar steps forth and nervously knocks on the metal door...
Suddenly, the structure opens up! A dense, dramatic fog shrouds the entrance, from which a strange figure steps out. The figure emerges from the fog, and walks up to Olimar, still obscured from view. Olimar, looking surprised, backs away slowly as the camera pans around to reveal who it is...
It's Chibi Robo, accompanied by Telly Vision!
The typical intro sequence plays out, with the tagline:
Chibi Robo plugs into battle!

Cut to gameplay, along to an orchestral version of this song. Chibi whips his opponents around with his electrified plug. He is also shown using his arsenal of household tools - spoons, toothbrushes, syringes, scissors, and more! He shoots foes with his Chibi-Blaster, and hides under a mug to deflect hits. He is knocked off the stage but recovers with his Chibi-Copter. A new stage, 'The Sanderson's Kitchen', is revealed, and we also see Chibi with a Drake Redcrest alt costume! Finally, his final smash is shown - Giga Robo, who stomps around all over the stage!
Cut music. Both the Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS logos are shown.
In a typical 'post-logo' clip (like the one from Rosalina's trailer, with Kirby and Luma), Chibi Robo is seen from the back, with yellow Pikmin happily climbing all over his plug. Telly Vision and Captain Olimar watch from afar.

So what do you think? It might be a little lengthy, but I think it could work.

Last edited:

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
... Ah hell, I support him. I haven't personally played the chibi robo games, but I've seen gameplay footage and I like this guy. Seeing his moveset in the SSF2 vid makes me realize his potential as a fighter. Most of the characters I support tend to have the kind of "badass" motif so I feel the need to support a cute character or two in conjunction.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
That's really nice, I had been trying to come up with a concept of my own for a Chibi-Robo reveal trailer like the ones I made for Takamaru and Bandana Dee in their threads, but couldn't come up with anything. but now I don't think I'll worry about it because yours is better than anything I could come up with for him :)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Alright, here is my reveal trailer concept.

The flaming Smash intro is shown - then it cuts to a garden. This song plays, as we see Olimar and an army of Pikmin marching through this garden. After a few seconds of trekking, Olimar walks headfirst into what appears to be a large glass wall! The music cuts as he stumbles back slightly dazed, and looks up at this massive wall of glass. His eyes bug out as he sees what stands before him - the camera pans out to reveal they are right in front of a massive suburban house!
Captain Olimar scans his surroundings for a bit. It isn't long before he notices a small hole smashed into the glass, just about the right size for him to fit through. He motions to his Pikmin and they all head inside.
Olimar and the Pikmin all search around the living room of the large house. It is a typical living room, with a couch, a table, a television, etc. Suddenly, one Pikmin tugs Olimar on the leg and points him towards a mysterious metallic structure that has two large, blinking eyes! Olimar and the gang approach this strange object. Olimar steps forth and nervously knocks on the metal door...
Suddenly, the structure opens up! A dense, dramatic fog shrouds the entrance, from which a strange looking figure steps out. The figure emerges from the fog, and walks up to Olimar, still obscured from view. Olimar, looking surprised, backs away slowly as the camera pans around to reveal who it is...
It's Chibi Robo, accompanied by Telly Vision!
The typical intro sequence plays out, with the tagline of:
Chibi Robo plugs into battle!

Cut to gameplay, along to an orchestral version of this song. Chibi whips his opponents around with his electrified plug. He is also shown using his arsenal of household tools - spoons, toothbrushes, medicine squirters, scissors, and more! He shoots foes with his Chibi-Blaster, and hides under a mug to deflect hits. He is knocked off the stage but recovers with his Chibi-Copter. A new stage, 'The Sanderson's Kitchen', is revealed, and we also see Chibi with a Drake Redcrest alt costume! Finally, his final smash is shown - Giga Robo, who stomps around all over the stage!
Cut music. Both the Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS logos are shown.
In a typical 'post-logo' clip (like the one from Rosalina's trailer, with Kirby and Luma), Chibi Robo is seen from the back, with yellow Pikmin happily climbing all over his plug. Telly Vision and Captain Olimar watch from afar.

I love everything about this.

OKALRIGHT

Smash Rookie
I always imagined Chibi-Robo's trailer involving him cleaning Villager's house and shooting cockroaches or something to that effect. Maybe I just wanted Villager in another trailer since his was so short (._.) I feel like Cheebo should definitely be revealed with another character from the GameCube era, so the concept with Olimar would work perfectly :D

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I always imagined Chibi-Robo's trailer involving him cleaning Villager's house and shooting cockroaches or something to that effect. Maybe I just wanted Villager in another trailer since his was so short (._.) I feel like Cheebo should definitely be revealed with another character from the GameCube era, so the concept with Olimar would work perfectly :D
That Villager idea sounds really cute!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So what are your thoughts on SSF2 Chibi Robo so far? I think he has good combo potential and the grab game so good, I find the the side spec. to be a little OP.
He got some great tactics going for him like being able to combo with his Up Air and Side Air, his Down Smash is just killer, the Up Special itself makes a decent recovery move to make up for his already tricky moveset, the Side Special was at best "broken" enough to cover multiple targets at once, the Blaster itself has enough freedom to cover any arc without being spammable, grabbing game is off the hook thanks to his plug, and the Final Smash is so big that all you could see half of the time is his feet that could KO anyone within seconds (Nerf plz).

Overall, he's just like how I've wanted him in Smash, but needs a little tweaking to be a perfect character.

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Chibi is a long shot for SSB4 (Mewtwo, Ridley, King K Rool, Shulk, Chorus Men/Marshall, Dixie Kong, Krystal, a retro rep, a Zelda newcomer and even Sceptile all seem more likely than Chibi at this point :( Sakurai is known for surprises, so I wouldn't be shocked if he threw Chibi into the August Direct - he's crazy like that :chuckle:)

But I'd definitely say if all of those are added as the remaining unannounced newcomers/DLC for SSB4, Chibi would be in my top 10 for most likely SSB5 newcomers
  1. Takamaru/Mach Rider (whichever didn't make it into SSB4)
  2. Chibi-Robo
  3. New Pokemon rep
  4. New Fire Emblem rep
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Issac
  7. Inkling
  8. Bayonetta
  9. Dark Pit
  10. Duck Hunt Dog
Came up with those off the top of my head :seuss:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Missed me, missed me.

Now ya gotta kiss me

Chibi is a long shot for SSB4 (Mewtwo, Ridley, King K Rool, Shulk, Chorus Men/Marshall, Dixie Kong, Krystal, a retro rep, a Zelda newcomer and even Sceptile all seem more likely than Chibi at this point :( Sakurai is known for surprises, so I wouldn't be shocked if he threw Chibi into the August Direct - he's crazy like that :chuckle:)

But I'd definitely say if all of those are added as the remaining unannounced newcomers/DLC for SSB4, Chibi would be in my top 10 for most likely SSB5 newcomers
  1. Takamaru/Mach Rider (whichever didn't make it into SSB4)
  2. Chibi-Robo
  3. New Pokemon rep
  4. New Fire Emblem rep
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Issac
  7. Inkling
  8. Bayonetta
  9. Dark Pit
  10. Duck Hunt Dog
Came up with those off the top of my head :seuss:
...Captain Toad

Last edited:

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Missed me, missed me.

Now ya gotta kiss me

...Captain Toad
I'd say Captain Toad will probably happen as DLC this time around since he's got an amiibo... it's an easy way to hype up amiibos if you have Captain Toad, Yarn Yoshi and Inkling as playable characters in SSB4 that can only be unlocked through buying the figures (smart business move whether it comes across as cheap or not, because people are going to want to fight against their amiibo, collect them, etc)

I would definitely say he's in by SSB5! Hoping for DLC in SSB4, but that may not happen. Same for Inkling! Yarn Yoshi would probably get in as a clone, sadly.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So what are your thoughts on SSF2 Chibi Robo so far? I think he has good combo potential and the grab game so good, I find the the side spec. to be a little OP.
Since my SSF2 crashes whenever I finish a match, I can't really give my opinion on Cheebo. :(

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Put me on that list, too! Chibi-Robo is my most wanted newcomer, right in front of Hades. Only person I want in more than Chibi is Snake, but he would be a verteran. Chibi-Robo has huge potential, and would bring something that no one else could bring to the roster. I really wish Chibi-Robo had more support, since the chances of him getting in seem pretty slim, and I don't know if he would be an unlockable character, since those are usually side characters, villains, or veterans.

Btw, how was the new eshop Chibi-Robo? I was thinking about getting it, but I never got around to actually getting it, and I heard the camera was kinda messed up.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I would love Chibi-Robo as a newcomer since his Game Cube game was like the most underestimated masterpiece ever, imo. I'm all for him being in, but I don't think he is too popular or too relevant for Nintendo, so realistically a trophy assistant role is probably the best he can aspire for.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
Woo! Add me to the Chibi supporters!

CHIBI CONTENT GO!

Y'know with Chibi's moves in Okaeri Chibi-Robo, I'd love to see him whip his plug around for some long-distance electrical attacks. And although its design may have been past the time limit for Smash Bros., I love Chibi's new vacuum (he has another one in Okaeri, but it's chunkier than his streamlined one in Photo Finder).

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Add me to that supporter list!!! Chibi-Robo is one of my favorite GameCube games and I've always wanted the little robot to be in Smash. He has a crap load of potential and could be a really unique fighter. He might only be an AT but he will always be one of my most wanted characters.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Add me to that supporter list!!! Chibi-Robo is one of my favorite GameCube games and I've always wanted the little robot to be in Smash. He has a crap load of potential and could be a really unique fighter. He might only be an AT but he will always be one of my most wanted characters.
I'd be so happy if he was even just an AT because he would get more exposure and he would actually be in the game opposed to just a trophy/sticker/not appearing at all.

Top Bottom