• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Character Uniqueness Discussion Thread

Who would be the most unique Mario series newcomer?

• Bowser Jr.

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Daisy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fawful

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Birdo

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Of the newcomers your tops for most unique are probably Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and Rosalina & Luma.

Wii Fit Trainer's sync'ing mechanic to her moves is true to her game and unique to her amongst any character. Ditto for Little Mac's Star Punch gauge and crappy air abilities. Rosalina and Luma is similar to Ice Climbers/Olimar but with a much better implemented puppeteering mechanic for how the Luma combats according to the direct.

Mega Man's A button is different from any character in smash ever being a projectile, and his fighting style isn't one seen in Smash brothers. Villager is cool, but honestly his pocket reflect is a modified Game and Watch bucket. Honestly the more I think about his move set the more he reminds me of Game and Watch as a character who does many things cause he represents so many mini games. Greninja looks like a ninja fighter similar to Sheik or ZSS.

So really, Greninja is the one I find the least unique, plus he's a pokemon. There are like over 700 of those. They can't be unique.

Also, Fawful has the best character slot to Fawful and Fawful alone!

PrincessZelda19

Smash Cadet
Of the newcomers your tops for most unique are probably Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and Rosalina & Luma.

Wii Fit Trainer's sync'ing mechanic to her moves is true to her game and unique to her amongst any character. Ditto for Little Mac's Star Punch gauge and crappy air abilities. Rosalina and Luma is similar to Ice Climbers/Olimar but with a much better implemented puppeteering mechanic for how the Luma combats according to the direct.

Mega Man's A button is different from any character in smash ever being a projectile, and his fighting style isn't one seen in Smash brothers. Villager is cool, but honestly his pocket reflect is a modified Game and Watch bucket. Honestly the more I think about his move set the more he reminds me of Game and Watch as a character who does many things cause he represents so many mini games. Greninja looks like a ninja fighter similar to Sheik or ZSS.

So really, Greninja is the one I find the least unique, plus he's a pokemon. There are like over 700 of those. They can't be unique.

Also, Fawful has the best character slot to Fawful and Fawful alone!
I agree with you! Lol I was thinking of that

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Paper Mario is without a doubt the most unique character they could add for another member of the Mario series right now. Not just because Mario is Nintendos flagship but because he has so many abilities within his own series he could warrant his own little franchise just to exemplify it. Although I despise Bowser Jr, he would be another unique addition if they give him Sunshines paint brush. King Boo would be a nice take for the missing ghosts but not sure if they belong in smash. Then again, personal opinion is taking too big of a step with that one but still stand behind Paper Mario deserving the front runner spot.

For the Yoshi series, Kamek would be my first pick in the fact that the rest seem as if they would generic to only a couple moves. Birdo would be solely focused on shooting eggs as well as probably turning into a Yoshi clone, while shy guy would need his spear to stand out for me. This was an easier decision to make but Kamek got shafted yet again because he's not too big in the Yoshi franchise to outweigh his simple minion status in Mario series. I'll give the people props for indeed making the Stork workable but I believe to truly be unique you would have to be practical about what you're doing which the storm kind of fluffs on. He's a step above Birdo, but not on the same field as Kamek

PrincessZelda19

Smash Cadet
The new comers are just really awesome every smash character there is I can't really decide but I'll just stick with Zelda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom