• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Bad range, his strongest moves are laggy, very vulnerable to juggling and chain grabs (Pikachu and Yoshi, ZSS can dsmash lock him), and three of his specials have very little use. His grab range is low for his size and makes his great jab less useful, he has no useful ATs (mock waveland is fun and sometimes helpful), I'm sure there's a lot I missed.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
he's a bad char but with any char in the right hands, you can play well as him despite his issues.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
i just figured out that you can cancel falco's chaingrab with captain falcon's jab. is this already discovered?

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
How am I supposed to hide now?! Curse it all, the Falcon Boards are on to us!
Abort recon! Repeat; ABORT RECON!

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
The falcon boards are so close to death. We lost all are regulars, and some newcomers. I'm still working on the tutorial for falcon. Anyone, if they still come here, wants to help by giving me information

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm just saying we're not as active as we used to be.
Neither are Sonic boards. lol

-----------

i cbf'd to search this thread, but is grabbing fox by the edge > air release (NOT PUMMEL RELEASE) > run off gimp knee > (optional) FSJ an inescapable OHKO?

You might also want to try delaying the knee just a little bit to minimize Fox dropping instead of double jumping ASAP.
also, bringing up this one, cause i just want confirmation and that thread seems dead lol.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
The falcon boards are so close to death. We lost all are regulars, and some newcomers. I'm still working on the tutorial for falcon. Anyone, if they still come here, wants to help by giving me information
Every time I read a post like this, I die a little on the inside because I know I'm one of the regulars who left.:(

But come to think of it, ALL the boards have shrunken over the past year. It's like this whole site just lost its luster.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
See ya

True.

Every time I read a post like this, I die a little on the inside because I know I'm one of the regulars who left.:(

But come to think of it, ALL the boards have shrunken over the past year. It's like this whole site just lost its luster.
The Marth boards have prospered, quite a lot.

I told people in the social thread(I believe) that I would lurk on these boards for a while and if nothing happens, I'd leave. Well, I'm getting kind of bored with the Falcon boards. I'll be off to bigger and better things now.

We lost way too many people in the fights and drama that happened a few months ago. Nothing has happened over the past few weeks that has even sparked a legit discussion in which the old gen of Falcon mains, and new alike would share their input and engage in a sophisticated debate. Whenever something like that even starts, people get butt hurt.

The Falcon boards have failed quite a lot over that past few months. The only real good news is that Falcon has been moved up on the list.

All I can say is that I hope things start to develope around here. Then if someone would PM me I'll be back from the debate hall.

I know this is like, the 5th time I've left, but each time, I feel more and more disconnected. Now its crossed the line.

Almost dead boards
+ Old Falcon Gen almost gone = Darx is outta here.

Via con Nosotros; Viva La Revolution

DarX

P.S: And for those of you wondering, Red was my color long before it was Knee's. I was more than happy to pass it on to him.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
brawl is for boys
melee is for men

they even start with the same letter.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeistillplayoccasionallyiftheresnomeleeorbrawl+
Depends.

For some their manhood is planted in brawl, and for some in melee.

The people who stayed true to brawl are still here (not even all of them, so the community is bigger than this site shows, offcourse) and the people who left their manhood in melee went and get it, and the people who gave up on brawl for whatever reason (which I respect) have left too.
Leaving only the brawl men.

And Darx, thanks again for the color I still use today.:)
I respect your opinion.
though a shame, I encourage you to do what you have decided to do.

'Till we meet again bro.

~2Knee

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Knee 2 the second powah. wise words. I still play but nyc barely has any tournies. =( tons of smashfest though

Zeallyx

Knee 2 the second powah. wise words. I still play but nyc barely has any tournies. =( tons of smashfest though
:)
I play brawl, too. But tbh, if there was any way for me to face good people in melee weekly, I'd have gone back to melee a long time ago.

But I know more people who play brawl competitively, so I play brawl competitively, too.

Keeps brawl fun though, so its all good for me.:)

Tenki

Smash Hero
So yeah, is air release by edge > run off knee a one hit kill on fox? lol

Zeallyx

So yeah, is air release by edge > run off knee a one hit kill on fox? lol
he can prolly shine you before you can (sweet) knee/Uair/Nair/Bair him.

And/Or a rising AD can prolly save him.

Tenki

Smash Hero
not talking about sweet knee,

just run off and gimp knee.

When I did it to my friend offline, it got him almost as soon as he double jumped.

for some reason it seems that air release drops fox alot lower than just pummel releasing.

and also positions him in a way that your gimp knee is right above his double jump path.

Zeallyx

not talking about sweet knee,

just run off and gimp knee.

When I did it to my friend offline, it got him almost as soon as he double jumped.

for some reason it seems that air release drops fox alot lower than just pummel releasing.

and also positions him in a way that your gimp knee is right above his double jump path.
So I rising AD will save him, according to that info. Right?

Tenki

Smash Hero
maybe. but then again it might also hit him before he can get invincy frames ?

Also, I didn't try fastfalling, I think.

I did get him with a gimp knee > footstool at like 10% at one point lol

Roager

Smash Ace
Captain falcons best matchup is infact captain falcon.

If dittos were to be excluded, ganon is right after. followed by Link. lulz
I actually think the Ganon Matchup is better than the Ditto.

Also, I remember a thread claiming that Falcon has advantage over PokeTrainer, but I don't remember what all it said to back it up.

Top Bottom