• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Bowser Social Thread

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Well, if you really want to know more about me, my father passed away when I was 12, and I've been moving around between two countries ever since then. My mom has neglected me most of my life. I traveled so much as a smasher and a person because of that.

If she was like most mothers, she would have never allowed me to travel as much as I did at such young ages.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Wow, I'm really sorry for you, man. :( But at the same time, I kinda envy your life. I mean, I've moved over 15 times in my life because of my parents, including to 4 countries other than the US, but I was never really allowed to participate in competitive Smash for a while because of their strict rules. :ohwell:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah i went to an oregon tournament the other month i drove down a few washignton guys

"smashers" are not ridiculously mobile people, most are utterly dependent on other people to do eveything for them whether they do not have licenses do not have jobs do not have money do not have social skills do not have etc etc etc so the reason you see SOME smash players able to travel is because there are very few players who are responsible people with cars and the ability to help out their friends

anyway

bowser is pretty much the coolest

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
can't afford it

also my drive to play melee since 2008 has gone something like this

down for 5 months

WAYYYYYY UP FOR ONE WEEK

down for 5 months

WAYYYYYY UP FOR ONE WEEK

etc

ThePrime

Smash Lord
to anybody,

lower tier characters can't afford to throw out a barrage of attacks due to high risk which means you have to pick and choose your attacks (as opposed to foxes nair shining through people without a punish).

If you could condense bowser in 3 moves what would they be?

Just off the top of my head im thinking: up-b, fair, side-b. That way he still has a good oos game and the side-b provides mixup potential. Thoughts?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Being forced to jump to approach is kinda limiting, IMO. Bowser's jump squat can actually be reacted to. That's why I like ftilt. I would extend the # of attacks in Bowser's condensed movelist to 4 and include ftilt in it. It's good for spacing, good for edgeguarding, and it's pretty powerful.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm confused as to why we're condensing bowser into a few moves

as low tiers go

he needs to use all of his tools because there is no "autopilot" option like there are when you are a super good character

you need pretty much everything

JKJ

Smash Ace
GIMPY WHY U SO AWESOME
btw DJ Nintendo's bowser is SO legit. Just played him tonight, SO GOOD. Them jumping side-b tosses and up-b's

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
DJs Bowser 4 stocked my Samus the last Battlegrounds I went to =< I'm ready to take a stock this time. He was reading my recovery game like a book a reacting perfectly to say the least.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Were you grabbing? I find Bowser intimidating at first, but once you know that Bowser is absolutely going to be shielding more than half the time in CQC, it becomes a breeze. During a tourney I was hosting, in doubles, my team had to go against Phish-it and Tim's team and they decided to go double Bowser (I guess they were sandbagging). It boiled down to just me and Phish-it and he had the % lead, but it was pretty easy to secure the win.

Do NOT misspace your tilts (or your anything) on his shield. That Fortress OoS kills (especially us floaties) and even if it doesn't, it pops us in the air above Bowser, which is a terrible position to be in. Getting down against Bowser is such a pain, and we can get killed for getting read above him. Bowser is one of those chars against whom it's usually really good to mix in grabs often instead of sparingly. Also, we can wall him out with missiles sooooo bad! :smash:

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, Sveet has finally finished assembling the new MBR official tier list. Anyone think Bowser will move at all?

Imo, it'd be awesome if Bowser dropped two places to the very bottom spot. It'd make victories as him so much sweeter, since you wouldn't just be beating someone with a really bad character anymore, but rather, THE SINGLE WORST character, according to popular vote by the MBR. :p

Edit: How'd you do at Apex, Eikelmann?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I made 5th seed out of about 12 people in my bracket pool and had very close games with everyone that I lost to. I beat two people and lost to two people.

The people I lost to were both Fox/Falco players, though. Both of my losses were 2-1.

I took 5 stocks in the crew battle that happened on the Apex stream. Link is a ***** :(

Renth

Smash Hero
I could 4 stock KK with bowser.

I'll just chain grab him.

KOoOpa Klaaaw

Jk... I have no idea why im posting here

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Bowser isn't on every single Smashboards page anymore.

I see a humiliating barrage of fully-charged F-smashes at 130% in the future for the transgressor(s) responsible for this iniquity. :glare:

Top Bottom