• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Peach mains unite.

and then once we're done uniting, tell me specifically what I do in T.Link MU. The one I fight most, by far.
I honestly hate that MU. :toonlink: was built like an anti-peach weapon. TL will be constantly bombarding you with projectiles. You're goal is to weave through those, get him caught in a string and knock him off stage. Once you have stage control, this MU gets easier, but TL is like a pinball and the good TL's will make this feel impossible. Don't be in the air too much, you will just get swatted back down. Once you get to like 90%, they will start fishing for that usmash and before you know it, you'll be down a stock. I played one friendly against MJG in this MU.......he made it seem impossible lol.

Sarix

Smash Ace
matchup threads are nearly useless
I don't personally use MU threads for much, but I do find info on attack interactions to be useful. If I really want knowledge beforehand I typically go to that character's board to get an idea of how they will play aggressively or defensively then make the calls from there.

Every little bit helps when you suck like me.
Honestly don't get too discouraged, she has a steep learning curve.

Chrono Reyer

Smash Cadet
Welp, time to switch my main to a lesser played character.

Nah, I had already switched to peach half a year ago, I don't wanna switch again. I don't wanna go back to marth mirrors.

I honestly hate that MU. :toonlink: was built like an anti-peach weapon. TL will be constantly bombarding you with projectiles. You're goal is to weave through those, get him caught in a string and knock him off stage. Once you have stage control, this MU gets easier, but TL is like a pinball and the good TL's will make this feel impossible. Don't be in the air too much, you will just get swatted back down. Once you get to like 90%, they will start fishing for that usmash and before you know it, you'll be down a stock. I played one friendly against MJG in this MU.......he made it seem impossible lol.
Just so you know, this is advice coming from a peach who loses to adult Link.

I hate the new opening for KHZDK?!

JTsm

Smash Master
Play diddy. Don't play peachy.

The fanservice and the music annoy me.

Also welcome to MI smash Chrono Reyer, Roller is the bad kid who just recently got good, Im the somewhat decent guy who doesnt improve. Zinoto is the random that took the scene by storm. WTP is the scene realist, tech chase is the main tourny host, ori bro is the secondary tourny host, Hot Arms is insanely grimy, and pretty much everything happens in Ann Arbor.

Teach me how to play BB

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Gio, I'll add Smash 64 as long as you and Marco can commit to organizing and running the event. We'd need 4 full setups.

Chrono Reyer

Smash Cadet
I use the girl the girl that shoots swords, idk how to type in greek so yeah
Lambda? yeah, we got one of those around here.

So I see on the first post that there are smashfests out in southfield? Thats only 10 miles from my house... Are there set days for those? I mean I know it says to contact Nova, but I just wanna know if there's like a set timeframe for anything.

Edit: @roller: That's Carl. High learning curve. Stupid high. The neutral game alone takes more time than most people have to put in for more than half the stuff their characters do. But if you like working, then yeah. He's amazing, and difficult to fight against.

Roller

Smash Legend
lol, the OP was made many years ago and has never been touched. Most smashfests are in AA or west bloomfield nowadays. Usually AA.

EDIT: And high learning curve characters are my favorite. <3

:popo:

The first page isnt accurrate and the OP doesnt use SWF anymore to my knowledge.

A2 is the center of MI smash.

Roller likes high learning curve chacters because he plays a low learning curve character that ****s on people learning their character.

Chrono Reyer

Smash Cadet
Well then Carl is perfect for you roller. Do it.

Okay, so everything happens in ann arbor then? Thats... about a half hour. Still doable, for the most part.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I occasionally host something in Ferndale, MI which is relatively close to Redford.

I am thinking about having a Smashfest at my place if people are interested. I wanna Smash yo.

Chrono Reyer

Smash Cadet
I occasionally host something in Ferndale, MI which is relatively close to Redford.

I am thinking about having a Smashfest at my place if people are interested. I wanna Smash yo.
This seems like a good idea. I gotta get out there and meet you people, and establish myself as the bodybag of the scene I will inevitably become!

Top Bottom