• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm glad that was the chosen post.

I clearly changed my mind after making that post. After being *****ed at by people on both side of the Mk arguement I went back, changed my decision, and did something no MI TO had done. I changed it to what I felt was an ideal compromise. I did something that pleased both ends of the spectrum. Hence double MK being banned and Brinstar being removed. But allowing MK to be legal in Singles. Along with that, I did what I believed was best for the community at that time. We were a rampant MK state and people were getting sick of 16-20 man tourneys where half the entrants were MKs and 90% of our doubles events were double MKs.

So all in all I'm sorry I compromised to try and help the community.
I wish I could search your posts gio and find something that could be remotely close to helping this state.

Solo, I'll be making the thread this evening. I got what i was waiting for from the MI FGC and I can now post the thread.
:phone:

zyth

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13084943&postcount=930

Also, Zyth. If you honestly had never seen that match... Stop calling yourself a dk.
not watchin a video makes me a non DK player? I guess i know enough to beat your IC.

sayin stuff like this roller really puts u in a ******** spot, cuz why does me having to go hunt down videos of people playin make me less of a player? is it because i dont spend every waking hour trying to get better at a video game? is it because I play a character that has bad MUs and i try to get around things anyway or just choose someone else? or is it because you just need to shut up when your opinion just doesnt make sense?

I think its the latter

Roller

Smash Legend
sayin stuff like this roller really puts u in a ******** spot
You mean because I have to deal with ******** responses? I guess so...

First of all. That is THE most famous video involving a DK ever recorded. If you don't know what the top players of your character are doing, how the hell could you ever hope to surpass them, or even get anywhere near them?

cuz why does me having to go hunt down videos of people playin make me less of a player? is it because i dont spend every waking hour trying to get better at a video game?
...Yes. If you don't put in the time to learn. You are less of a player. idk why you would need help to grasp that.

or is it because you just need to shut up when your opinion just doesnt make sense?
What is this bubonic tribespeak? This sounds like your run of the mill ignorant, hormonal, black woman who just had someone tell her that her child is developing slower than the rest of the class.

Also, if you honestly think you can beat me, then $100 MM next time I'm in MI?

zyth

Smash Lord
You mean because I have to deal with ******** responses? I guess so...

First of all. That is THE most famous video involving a DK ever recorded. If you don't know what the top players of your character are doing, how the hell could you ever hope to surpass them, or even get anywhere near them?
how famous something is sis subjective. just because a handful of people know about it doesnt make it famous. THE most famous DK video? very unlikely. it shows will camping the hell out of RB. how does that make this famous? be cause he won? his only strategy was get a lead and run away. that is nothin new. just because i dont watch the top players of a character i play doesnt mean i wont ever surpass or get near their level.

...Yes. If you don't put in the time to learn. You are less of a player. idk why you would need help to grasp that.
not everyone can devote their lives to something most of the world considers a waste of time. congratz to you for doing that.

What is this bubonic tribespeak? This sounds like your run of the mill ignorant, hormonal, black woman who just had someone tell her that her child is developing slower than the rest of the class.
so i sound like a mad black woman cuz i said ur opinion is not important? lol ok keep feelin that way roller

Also, if you honestly think you can beat me, then $100 MM next time I'm in MI?
i honestly do think i can beat you, but with a match with IC things can go either way. I wouldnt take a $100 MM in anything unless i was 100% sure i would win. u are a good player using a high level character, the reason i win is because i can counter you in a MU i know against ur character.

dont let any success u've had make u an arrogant ******* troller

Roller

Smash Legend
how famous something is sis subjective. just because a handful of people know about it doesnt make it famous. THE most famous DK video? very unlikely. it shows will camping the hell out of RB. how does that make this famous? be cause he won? his only strategy was get a lead and run away. that is nothin new. just because i dont watch the top players of a character i play doesnt mean i wont ever surpass or get near their level.
It really isn't subjective. That match has over 10 times the views of any other match featuring a DK worth noting. Not an exaggeration. It was also the centerpiece behind the argument for the current ledgegrab rules. That tourney only made a lgl for mk. Will demonstrated exactly why that was ********. It was a landmark match in the history of Brawl, and not to know it, especially when it involves your character, and was one of the most controversial matches of all time, just shows an heir of cavalier nonchalance that will not lead to you getting any better.

not everyone can devote their lives to something most of the world considers a waste of time. congratz to you for doing that.
You do realize you are talking to someone who goes to U of M and devotes ****-tons of time, to the point of not sleeping 3-4 nights a week so that I can graduate. I also can guarantee I've been more successful with bitties than you have, I read more than I'm assuming you do (over 3k pages in past month if you'd care to compare), I watch more television than anyone here, I do a myriad of other activities all of which I probably put more effort into than you do into just about anything.

so i sound like a mad black woman cuz i said ur opinion is not important? lol ok keep feelin that way roller
No. You sound like someone meeting that description because of the subpar way you elect to frame your questions and arguments, the fact you use "words" like "ur" and "cuz," the fact you capitalize almost nothing, display a complete lack of grammar knowledge, and yet assume you always are in the right, despite being able to coherently explain why in a logical progression of argument.

o.

dont let any success u've had make u an arrogant ******* troller
It's not my success, it's people with no success posting as though they have had any. Also, I've always been a troll. Unless you were using "troller" as another form of my name, Roller. Which I could not possibly have been expected to know without a comma and a capitalized T or R. (Troller/tRoller) If you were attempting to use it in place of my name, just another case where your grammar leads to what you mean and what you say being two entirely different things.

zyth

Smash Lord
It really isn't subjective. That match has over 10 times the views of any other match featuring a DK worth noting. Not an exaggeration. It was also the centerpiece behind the argument for the current ledgegrab rules. That tourney only made a lgl for mk. Will demonstrated exactly why that was ********. It was a landmark match in the history of Brawl, and not to know it, especially when it involves your character, and was one of the most controversial matches of all time, just shows an heir of cavalier nonchalance that will not lead to you getting any better.
that vid has around 7000 the match before it has around 1,500 views. nice math. considering i dont follow brawl like my life depends on it, i wouldnt know that that was the reason for the ledge grab limit enforced for other chars. i just play brawl because its fun, it fills up free time, and i sometimes meet good people. just because lgl for evry char was focused on that match and it involved a DK doesnt mean i should know everything about it. thats like sayin if i picked up pikaxhu now i need to go to the pika boards and read wvry post on every board, namesearch pikachu to find anything related to him, look up pikachus history in some nintendo history book and immerse myself in all that iss pikachu. no that is not necessary. i picked up DK because i liked the way he played, and he wins me matches. for a casual player thats good enough.

You do realize you are talking to someone who goes to U of M and devotes ****-tons of time, to the point of not sleeping 3-4 nights a week so that I can graduate. I also can guarantee I've been more successful with bitties than you have, I read more than I'm assuming you do (over 3k pages in past month if you'd care to compare), I watch more television than anyone here, I do a myriad of other activities all of which I probably put more effort into than you do into just about anything.
good for you you seem to have all the time in the world to do anything you want. not everyone is like you however and have restraints on the amount of time on the things they can and want to do. and your success with "bitties"? until you call females that interest you and you spend time with them women, then you are just settin yourself up for shame. i have a woman i care for who i will devote my time to simply because she deserves it. not because i want to satisfy my own carnal desires. graduate from bein boy then come back to the mens world. i dont read 3k pages of books in a month, but then again i only read books that are interesting and for my entertainment purposes only. if you read books for those reasons, good for you i have nothing more to say on that matter. u watch more television than anyone here. I fail to see this as an accomplishment. this myriad of activities you do are not the activities i do so whether or not you put forth the same amount of effort i do remains to be seen. if you do do this many activities and still put forth so much effort into every thing as you say you do, then you must have some time manipulation machine.

No. You sound like someone meeting that description because of the subpar way you elect to frame your questions and arguments, the fact you use "words" like "ur" and "cuz," the fact you capitalize almost nothing, display a complete lack of grammar knowledge, and yet assume you always are in the right, despite being able to coherently explain why in a logical progression of argument.
im srry. does teh way i shorten things to get them out quicker bother u? i didnt think it would matter since when ppl talk they dont have to capitalize letters or properly spell them as they talk. i congratulate u on ur proper use of the english language, but unless i am being tested on my spelling and grammatical efficiency i dont see a need to make it look any better than understandable.

o.

It's not my success, it's people with no success posting as though they have had any. Also, I've always been a troll. Unless you were using "troller" as another form of my name, Roller. Which I could not possibly have been expected to know without a comma and a capitalized T or R. (Troller/tRoller) If you were attempting to use it in place of my name, just another case where your grammar leads to what you mean and what you say being two entirely different things.
i seem to see quite often how ppl talk about how bad u were before u picked up IC. u started usin them then u started doin better. if thats not success then u have a warped view of the word. ive had success before, and even if it was little, the amount uve had doesnt dictate how far you can speak out on something. and yes tRoLLeR i was using that as a substitute of your name. no grammar needed.

zyth

Smash Lord
this isnt entertainment since roller seems to think hes the shiit compared to almost everybody else and tries to put ppl down for no reason

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol it's quite obvious what he's doing zyth. He even explained it to me in person about how he likes to get under peoples' skin. It's best to just not let it bother you. Some players can get like that when they taste relevancy for the first time. I've been that way (ask Kel/Kass), Illmatic has done it (ask the Peach boards), but eventually we all grow out of it (usually). Before anyone takes this out of context, this was not meant to be a burn. It is merely an observation and comparison of behavioral patterns.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
that vid has around 7000 the match before it has around 1,500 views. nice math.
The vid with 1,500 views is from the same match you stupid fk.

considering i dont follow brawl like my life depends on it, i wouldnt know that that was the reason for the ledge grab limit enforced for other chars. i just play brawl because its fun, it fills up free time, and i sometimes meet good people. just because lgl for evry char was focused on that match and it involved a DK doesnt mean i should know everything about it. thats like sayin if i picked up pikaxhu now i need to go to the pika boards and read wvry post on every board, namesearch pikachu to find anything related to him, look up pikachus history in some nintendo history book and immerse myself in all that iss pikachu. no that is not necessary. i picked up DK because i liked the way he played, and he wins me matches. for a casual player thats good enough.
For someone who doesn't care much about it, you sure do spend a lot of time writing essay length responses about the game. You are also for sure more than a casual player. I know casual players, they live on my hall. I play with them all the time. Casual players don't bet $20 on DK dittos. Casual players don't travel to another state to play the game. There's a very big difference between a scrub and a casual.

And @the pika allegory: No, it is not like saying any of that. It is "like" saying you should know about the most high profile matches that esam has played in which are on youtube. That's all. And you should...

good for you you seem to have all the time in the world to do anything you want. not everyone is like you however and have restraints on the amount of time on the things they can and want to do. and your success with "bitties"? until you call females that interest you and you spend time with them women, then you are just settin yourself up for shame. i have a woman i care for who i will devote my time to simply because she deserves it. not because i want to satisfy my own carnal desires. graduate from bein boy then come back to the mens world. i dont read 3k pages of books in a month, but then again i only read books that are interesting and for my entertainment purposes only. if you read books for those reasons, good for you i have nothing more to say on that matter. u watch more television than anyone here. I fail to see this as an accomplishment. this myriad of activities you do are not the activities i do so whether or not you put forth the same amount of effort i do remains to be seen. if you do do this many activities and still put forth so much effort into every thing as you say you do, then you must have some time manipulation machine.
-The point about watching television wasn't meant to be an accomplishment, it was in response to your claim that I dedicate my life to one thing. I listed other things I do in abundance to refute it.

-The 3k pages is indeed from entertainment sources (A Song of Ice and Fire series mostly) I didn't count my school reading.

-Bitties are bitties. That is all I have to say on the matter.

-My "time manipulation machine" is efficiency and only sleeping ~1/3 the amount of time most people do.

stuff

unless i am being tested on my spelling and grammatical efficiency i dont see a need to make it look any better than understandable.
Ah. You see, that's the root of the problem. Not caring. You don't seem to care about much. As a result, you slack. You slacked off in your calculations for that psuedo PR of yours, resulting in incorrect data; you slack off when communicating on the boards, resulting in people often not taking you seriously; you slack off in Smash training whether that be in the area of research, fundamentals, etc., resulting in nobody in the community perceiving you as an actual threat; you seem to not care/slack off in just about everything.

i seem to see quite often how ppl talk about how bad u were before u picked up IC. u started usin them then u started doin better. if thats not success then u have a warped view of the word. ive had success before, and even if it was little, the amount uve had doesnt dictate how far you can speak out on something. and yes tRoLLeR i was using that as a substitute of your name. no grammar needed.
Grammar was needed. What you expressed, inadvertently was an entirely different thought.

To be honest, I can't fully understand a lot of this due to the way in which you presented it.

I'll try to respond to what I think you're saying though.

I was also one of the top pikachu players back in like '09. I can show you a point distribution based source from the pika boards (similar to your PR) pointing to that if you'd like. Granted, there have never been many good pikachus... I don't quite understand what your point for bringing that up was though.

That being said, nobody in MI even knew me until after I had picked up ICs. Granted I was dual maining them and pika, so maybe you are referring to that time period?

You are correct in saying I got better after switching to solo ICs. I don't understand why you bring that up though either. I got more motivated after only focusing on the one character, and began working harder this past year.

I also don't think I've had much true "success" in smash at all. So I haven't the feintest idea what "success" someone who went 0-2 in bracket at their last tourney is referring to.

Wait. Do you mean the time you beat a few randoms and got 2nd at that con tourney? lol, I guess if you consider that success.. that's great?

zyth

Smash Lord
The vid with 1,500 views is from the same match you stupid fk.
same match diff game. did he do the campin there? and oh somethinn else
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBIUayUT9g
do your research you ******** *******

For someone who doesn't care much about it, you sure do spend a lot of time writing essay length responses about the game. You are also for sure more than a casual player. I know casual players, they live on my hall. I play with them all the time. Casual players don't bet $20 on DK dittos. Casual players don't travel to another state to play the game. There's a very big difference between a scrub and a casual.
i have to write essay length responses in hopes you understand what im saying, but u seem to skip over parts and not understand **** that is said to u so i see now thats pointless.
I'm casual since i dont try to make my life revolve around this or put all my time into this. i play it every once in a while to have fun. the $20 MM was because i had confident impulse that i would win and make money. its like goin to the casino and thinking your going to do better than you do.
I dont travel much so i decided to go to that tourney for a nice break and have some fun.

And @the pika allegory: No, it is not like saying any of that. It is "like" saying you should know about the most high profile matches that esam has played in which are on youtube. That's all. And you should...
y should i know about things i wasnt able to witness? i didnt see the match, and didnt look up every specific reason as to why these standardized rules were put in place for tournies. i might as well look up y theres a time limit because without that ppl would be more inclined to actually finish their match wouldnt they?

-The point about watching television wasn't meant to be an accomplishment, it was in response to your claim that I dedicate my life to one thing. I listed other things I do in abundance to refute it.
i didnt say u dedicate ur life to one thing. i said u spend a lot of time on it. mores so than the average player

Ah. You see, that's the root of the problem. Not caring. You don't seem to care about much. As a result, you slack. You slacked off in your calculations for that psuedo PR of yours, resulting in incorrect data; you slack off when communicating on the boards, resulting in people often not taking you seriously; you slack off in Smash training whether that be in the area of research, fundamentals, etc., resulting in nobody in the community perceiving you as an actual threat; you seem to not care/slack off in just about everything.
theres a difference between not caring, and not needing to do something.
theres a difference between not caring, and mistakes.
theres a difference between not caring, and other people misunderstanding.
theres a difference between not caring, and not devoting myself to a video game.

how can you say that i not care/slack off in just about everything when you only know me when it pertains to seeing me at brawl tournies every now and then? do you know what i do everyday? no? then you dont know about how much i care or put effort into things.

you try to say all this about me but dont even read all of my statement. what a wonderful debate you are making

Grammar was needed. What you expressed, inadvertently was an entirely different thought.
i needed grammar yet when i said tRoLLeR u knew i was talkin about u? lol we must not be talking about the same grammar.

To be honest, I can't fully understand a lot of this due to the way in which you presented it.

yet you try to make intelligent comeback each time...
I'll try to respond to what I think you're saying though.

I was also one of the top pikachu players back in like '09. I can show you a point distribution based source from the pika boards (similar to your PR) pointing to that if you'd like. Granted, there have never been many good pikachus... I don't quite understand what your point for bringing that up was though.
i actually would like to see this points based info u are talking about. u say there have never been many good pikachus but we can say that about almost every character below b tier

That being said, nobody in MI even knew me until after I had picked up ICs. Granted I was dual maining them and pika, so maybe you are referring to that time period?

You are correct in saying I got better after switching to solo ICs. I don't understand why you bring that up though either. I got more motivated after only focusing on the one character, and began working harder this past year.
u werent know before then u picked up ICs and started doing good. once again how is this not success?

I also don't think I've had much true "success" in smash at all. So I haven't the feintest idea what "success" someone who went 0-2 in bracket at their last tourney is referring to.

Wait. Do you mean the time you beat a few randoms and got 2nd at that con tourney? lol, I guess if you consider that success.. that's great?
considering nobody even thought i would make it out of pools last tourny, i dont see a problem there. an MI random goin to a regional and makin it out of pools? thats somethin.

and the success i was talkin about was back around '09 when i won the '09 con tourney over OmegaXF and theMann. then getting second the next day under the man over OmegaXF. also that year I won a tourney at planetX which is now closed where there were over 25 entrants to, quite a few of which were the AA scene.
I've had success, i just wasnt able to keep up with the progressing skill of the scene and i am not as good as other ppl now. but considering i have a positive record vs u, u should be worried if we ever meet in bracket. and lest we also forget you losing to Ron, whom i also have a positive record against

To have a bittie named Bitty.. That would be incredible.

Also, you don't have a positive record vs my ICs with your dk, Zyth.
i beat u in pools with dk, i beat u the other day at techs with dk. when have u beaten my dk?

What's The Point

Smash Master
and the success i was talkin about was back around '09 when i won the '09 con tourney over OmegaXF and theMann. then getting second the next day under the man over OmegaXF. also that year I won a tourney at planetX which is now closed where there were over 25 entrants to, quite a few of which were the AA scene.
I've had success, i just wasnt able to keep up with the progressing skill of the scene and i am not as good as other ppl now. but considering i have a positive record vs u, u should be worried if we ever meet in bracket. and lest we also forget you losing to Ron, whom i also have a positive record against
If I didn't know otherwise I'd be certain you are from Ohio.

Roller

Smash Legend
It's not your state's "free"ness he is comparing Zyth to. That's part of it, but there's more to it than that.

(And Kevin meant for you not to understand the implications, Zyth.)

For the record, KY is still free.

Also, Zyth. I'll respond to your post as a whole after I finish these last 2 essays I have due tomorrow. But regarding you vs me. You have only ever taken one game off my ICs... in a pools match... while I was sandbagging... Because it was pools... And I had first seed anyway.

My ICs jv 3'd you the following game, then you beat my pika on rc. congrats. Ron only took one game off my ICs while I was sandbagging as well. I went mk the next game. I then ran through all of losers bracket to place top 3. It's honestly hard to take you guys seriously.

As for frinedlies. If you really want to go there.. Didn't I go like 8-0 with your DK at vengeance? If you took 1 at Tech's, congrats. They're friendlies vs someone I don't really care about really putting effort in against. But let's keep looking at friendlies, by all means. Let's look at my multiple wins over Ally in friendlies from a few weeks ago, let's look at how I beat Kain in every friendly I went ICs against him in when he was here for PS3, let's talk about how I beat MJG in every friendly we played the weekend of PS3.

Whoop-dee-doo. You won a friendly. Nobody cares. And I have better friendly wins besides.

As for you beating Ron who beat me. What's your record vs Tutu? vs Tech? vs SK? vs anyone notable? Don't come to me with these bs inui logic, pools/friendlies based arguments that don't make any sense, and would still point to me being better than you besides.

Also, you lost that $20 MM to Tech's DK. My DK has a winning record vs Tech. In friendlies (I'm assuming that makes them count like twice as much on your scale) so I guess my DK is better than you.

Top Bottom