• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Lol at not knowing the rules its in EVERY tourneys forum and you've been to Rizks and he even printed out the stagelist for everyone which I also plan to do so if you don't know the rules that's you being ignorant

Also DRDNs World you have 2 stage bans and RC and Brin are not legal

Roller

Smash Legend
But you don't have that problem with the Apex ruleset. My problem is obviously the same as yours. I see that as a reason to advocate for the Apex one. Which is what I'm doing.

And I do support what they are doing, which is why I've followed their rulesets with the exception of the last tourney I hosted which used the APEX ruleset.

DRDN... please just stop. First of all. I mentioned that your ruleset bans brin and rc... So that point of your post just shows that you don't understand what you are reading.

And I was referring to knowing the rules when I picked my character to learn.. (it's pretty obvious given the context) not at an individual tourney. There were, and still are many rulesets. I did not know at the time this would be the case. I assumed they would be phased out soon or not accepted in general just like distant planet and whatnot were.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Roller, Kansas has some of the best players in the world, let alone the midwest, let alone the MWW. Only 2 of their top 10 main MK, and the ones that don't main him are considered top 3 per character. Kansas in its prime would give a lot of other great states a run for their money.

That was until they retired in the mid-summer

If someone doesn't ban FD, that's a free win 9/10 times at a MK banned tourney with a LGL.

But since they are...

Against a character that doesn't have sharking ability/not snake.
:halberd:
This stage is really easy to force grabs on since it's so small in the first section after lift off. Then when it gets to the bigger part, you can still just fish for grabs forever because eventually they will have to get back on stage anyway. It's not like they are just going to camp you until the hazards come out, that's stupid (if they are good enough they will just camp the entire match, that's how you beat stupid IC's/end), you can get baited into them just as easily as you can not getting grabbed. This stage is in IC's favor, but you'll have to use your imagination because it's kinda hard since every IC's main seems to hate this stage, but I think it's good for him, lots of chances to force a grab.

Everyone else :smashville:

A moving platform is all that keeps you away from your grab, that's it, you can force people away from and off the moving platform and just grab them that way. Assuming they don't abuse ledge grabs this is easily a stage in IC's favor.

If Legal

VS someone without insanely fast horizontal recovery (fox/falco/wolf):japes:

Seriously, think about it.

Obviously :pictochat: if it's legal is IC's 2nd best stage, and it's legal in Nebraska.

Roller

Smash Legend
@stages: I don't deny any of that, Rob. (except for Jungle Japes. Characters such as Falco would get a boost vs us on that stage.) And I do like Halberd, and have CP'd it in the past.

All I'm saying is that stages such as smashville are not the same as Brinstar. In that they do not disrupt the functions of the opponent's character to the point that it becomes a 2v1 of one character vs a character + the stage. Which I feel is wrong.

@MWW players- Compare them to other regions...
The Northeast... Is definitely better. (NJ/NY alone would be)
The South... Is definitely better. (TX+FL alone would be)
The West Coast... Is definitely better. (Cali alone might be)
The Pacific Northwest... Sucks.

And DRDN, I never said you couldn't complain about ICs having a CG... I found the cg hard to deal with when I mained pika..

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
lol

Rob KS is broken but who are these 8 top 3 in character people you speak of?
You exaggerate slightly.

But imo some of the best players in the IC MU play out here (MJG is the IC slayer, Nicole is the IC slayer until she moved away, Hylian is the ditto master account for most of my losses in tournament the last 5 months). It's really a hard place to be an IC main imo

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't really care what stage lists people run, but typically if you (as in the state) plan to attend some big international event, it would definitely be preferred for you (as in the TO) to parallel said event's rules for better preparation.

Roller

Smash Legend
I agree with you there, Lux. Living on the east coast, and having played a number of the west and south guys at apex, pound, and genesis... The Midwest knows how to deal with ICs best.

And I obviously agree with Ankoku.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@stages: I don't deny any of that, Rob. (except for Jungle Japes. Characters such as Falco would get a boost vs us on that stage.)
VS someone without insanely fast horizontal recovery (fox/falco/wolf):japes:

@Lux-Holmes-Wolf, MJG-Toon Link, Mr. Doom-Ike...Fino is good too but top 3 is an exageration I suppose.

OOH, and Raptor was once considered a top 3 pika and Inferno was a top 3 CAPTAIN FALCON according to a story he told me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Kirby has 50 jumps and a grab combo set that does almost as much damage as the average IC CG though ;)

Roller

Smash Legend
Having been an active member of the pika community since about 2 weeks after the game was released.. Stealth, though a solid pika (a better one than I am at the very least) was never top 3.

And out of 3 characters, 2 of the ones you named were wolf and ike... Have fun with those. ;)

Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar are really stupid stages and shouldn't be legal.

I really don't care about the arguments either way. they are just really dumb stages.

also I'm not going to enter any tournies before or most likely after skynet. This game isn't fun.

Roller

Smash Legend
get on that.

Ori, when are you thinking of doing yours, cause as of now.

November 5th; Too soon to announce
November 12th; Too soon to announce
November 19th; Revenge
November 20th; Skynet
December 3rd; Juggle Guy's tourney
December 10th; Tech's tourney
December 17th; DRDN's World+HOPE
December 24th; too many people have family obligations
December 31st; A lot of people will be going to new years parties/vacation/NJ >_>
First weekend of January; APEX

December 3rd would be the best (/only imo) date for you to have one. Since Juggleguy's tourney is just Melee as of now. Same for Gio if you were to actually hold one.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Having another Ann Arbor tournament the same day as Juggle's is going to cause both tournaments to run slower than normal if several people enter both (there's like always 3 or 4 people who do). I personally don't feel like going through that again lol. Just something to keep in mind if Gio plans on doing that.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Derek, what's your email? I'll send you the room reservation receipt for 12/10 so you can print it yourself (I might not be there after all, that's looking like a big study time).

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Guys, a couple of us were discussing this at Rizk'in #2 and we all thought it would be a cool idea.

I'm going to bring back the Michigan Brawl Skype Group. If you wanna be added, feel free to add me on Skype; OriBro28. Despite it being wifi, it will be a good source of practice for everyone. So please add me if you wanna be added!

so who all is goin to youmacon this thurs.?
I know I'm going Saturday/Sunday for sure, maybe Friday but idk, I didn't plan well lol

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
-repost-

hey, i like to play smash brothers and will probably be in the Dearborn Heights area from Tuesday-Sunday. I'll be doing stuff sometimes, but a lot of the days I'll be free from 1pm-9pm. if anyone wants to play and hang out, i'm down. i have a car so you don't have to bust your *** to hang out.

if you want to, 843-409-3884. text me, calling may not work because i might be driving.

Top Bottom