• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 5 Announced

N JA

Smash Rookie
In Juggleguy's defense, the PM community didn't really pull though bringing setups last year which made it excessively stressful for the TOs.

While it is sad to see a great game get dropped, I will still be attending. The Big House has been a fantastic series so far and I'm sure BH5 will be no exception.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Since going to big house 3, I have said this is the tournament series I will plan around and make happen.
This event has always been really fun, competitive and overall enjoyable. Other majors have not held up to it in my eyes.

With pm not being included, I do not plan to attend this year. Because it's my main game from the series, I can not justify the costs of attending (both monetary and time requirements). The support for my community and interests the tournament series has provided previously are gone, and with that my support for this tournament series is gone.

The reasoning behind this decision would be nice, but the results of the decision to not include pm is what affects my plan to not attend.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
It sucks that PM isn't a part of this. But to the people saying that if PM wasn't legal and blah blah blah, according to the ESA and the DMCA it is actually illegal to modify game software in the USA. Is it dumb? Yes. Is it a law? Yes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/09/esa-says-preserving-old-games-is-illegal-because-its-hacking
ESA are a bunch of dumb***** that doesn't understand that players are the only ones who give a damn about video games and that it is important to preserve them. Everybody in the US are calling them out and picketing them to not let that law pass through. Considering that devs like Bethesda doesn't do anything but encourage modding with their games, they clearly don't know what they are talking about.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
ESA are a bunch of dumb***** that doesn't understand that players are the only ones who give a damn about video games and that it is important to preserve them. Everybody in the US are calling them out and picketing them to not let that law pass through. Considering that devs like Bethesda doesn't do anything but encourage modding with their games, they clearly don't know what they are talking about.
I know the feeling as well. I find it stupid because that means games from 20-30 years ago that cannot be played on modern devices and are not sold(aka Abandonware) are classified as illegal underneath their standard as well. so while one side hates them for disallowing freedom of expression, the other hates them for trying to kill gaming history.

they were pro-SOPA as well before other companies opposed that and they changed, so here's hoping lightning strikes twice.

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
Well...shocker. Time to switch to Mortal Kombat X.

NeXi2

Smash Rookie
I have never really been a PM player (tried it for awhile but just wanted to play melee and nothing else) so at first I didn't give a **** that PM was not going to be at this tournament. But if what people are saying is true and they are not adding it because they want money/sponsorship from Nintendo then that's just insane. We should have nothing to do with Nintendo and Nintendo should have nothing to do with us. The last thing we need is a corporation telling us how we run things. We have shown we don't need them for "growth" or whatever so I don't see how we need to make ties with them. Pretty disappointing if that is the truth and it shows a bleak future for this community IMO if this is true...

At the same time what other people said could have been wrong and I just made myself look like a complete dunce. Which I hope is the case

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
tournaments are getting more and more entrants everyday, I can see why everyone is trying to run only 2 games.
exactly. the larger we get, the less time we have to run multiple games, and they are not gonna cut Melee because of legacy nor Smash 4 because of new blood. That's why I hope people stop going all lynch mob mode every time a tournament announces itself as having those 2 as main event games.

As stated earlier, I think the best course is to make a PM-exclusive tournament series for the best case.

Game 5

Smash Cadet
Big House is the one tournament series I really want to attend. No PM is really sad tho

KamekSans

Smash Rookie
NNID
TerraChimaera
3DS FC
0130-1919-9398
Jeez, I never really noticed how easy it is to upset PM players. The same **** happened with Super Smash Con; "An entire convention based around this amazing game series with a huge fan following intent on bringing the whole community together? Well, it doesn't have this mod, so I obviously won't be going." Appreciate what you've got, guys.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Jeez, I never really noticed how easy it is to upset PM players. The same **** happened with Super Smash Con; "An entire convention based around this amazing game series with a huge fan following intent on bringing the whole community together? Well, it doesn't have this mod, so I obviously won't be going." Appreciate what you've got, guys.
Look into the entire ****ing comments before you make ad homonyms like that.

You might actually find out why I am pissed about this...but you probably knew that already, right?

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Well I understand TBH5 not being able to do Project M due fears of legal problems from Nintendo. Because it somewhat illegally modifies a game. And I'm glad to see we are all reacting maturely...
not everybody acts maturely...

Top Bottom