• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 5 Announced

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This weekend during the broadcast of Melee It On Me Live from IM NOT YELLING, an official announcement was made confirming The Big House 5. Set to take place on October 2-4, 2015 in Dearborn, Michigan, the fifth installment of the famous tournament series will be among the biggest events of the year. The Big House represents the largest active Smash tournament series in the Midwest, and is known as one of the most well-organized nationals in the United States.

Tournament organizer Robin "Juggleguy" Harn looks to one-up the very successful fourth installment, whose 700 unique attendees made it both the largest Midwest Smash tournament of all-time and the largest two-day Smash tournament of all-time. This year's edition expands to a three-day event, featuring Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Wii U. More information, including discounted hotel booking, will be available in the coming months.

SmashCapps is going to have to try and visit his family in Michigan so he can attend! Follow him on Twitter to discuss the hype of the Big House 5 announcement.

Themeatgrinder

Smash Cadet
NNID
Badboi117
3DS FC
0130-2293-8436

Wat? So they put PM in Big Houses 2, 3, and 4 and not this?

I'm not whining, I just find it ironic

Last edited:

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
Cool! TBH4 was the most hype Melee tournament last year!

Good to see Smash 4 there as well...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No PM? Grab your pitch forks and tin foil hats everyone!

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
As a Smash 4 player, I'm excited for the game to be at big house, but it is sad to see PM not here anymore :(
I'm more just worried about the players being civil with one another...because PM got a lot of smack last year and I'm REALLY worried about people complaining about smash 4...we'll see what happens

Airfall

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-4602-2655
No PM upsets me but I'll be going melee, smash 4, and a juggleguy ran tourney is good enough for me :awesome:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
No PM and Smash 4.

What is this world coming too?
-grabs tinfoil hat-

BuTTNutz

Smash Apprentice
even though i suck at PM, I am still sad it isn't featured. it seems the game has been having bad luck recently, hopefully that changes soon. ( but on the flipside, I am totally excited for smash 4 since its the game I think in a competitive aspect Im good at.

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Not to be a fanboy but I never had a huge connection with Project M and smash 4 so this does not upset me. But I do understand that there is a community in both games and they deserve there games to be at tournaments.

EDIT: I ment to only say PM not smash 4 XD.

Last edited:

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Well, yet another tourney I won't be paying too much attention to. I enjoy all the games and play both PM and Smash 4 on a semi-competitive level with friends, but this whole wave of PM dropping is disappointing honestly.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Can't wait! Went to Big House 4 and it was the best time I ever had at a Smash Tournament.

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
Well I understand TBH5 not being able to do Project M due fears of legal problems from Nintendo. Because it somewhat illegally modifies a game. And I'm glad to see we are all reacting maturely...

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I had planned on attending TBH5 assuming PM would be there, oh well. It would have been my 3rd big house. I respect Juggleguy's decision as a TO in regards to his choice of games at the tournament and wish him great luck with the tournament. I am curious about why PM is not there this year.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Well I understand TBH5 not being able to do Project M due fears of legal problems from Nintendo. Because it somewhat illegally modifies a game. And I'm glad to see we are all reacting maturely...
It's just people joking around. Glad to see that we aren't wet towels......... hint hint hint hint hitngsbahds fbgsdbgjsfg

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
I think at this point, the announcement of "No PM" is becoming almost...meme-like.

Who wants a tin foil hat?

Seriously though, I really do think PM is gonna be fine. We just had Aftershock after all. Some hype matches were made there.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I just want Nintendo to lose interest in the competitive scene already so they'll stop strong-arming PM out of large tournaments.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I just want Nintendo to lose interest in the competitive scene already so they'll stop strong-arming PM out of large tournaments.
Too late, because those stupid corporate butts finally realized they can PROFIT out of the competitive scene. Since Nintendo does not own PM, no profits, so no PM.

I am disappointed with streamers and TOs dropping PM. We should stand together and say NO to Nintendo killing PM. In my opinion, boycotting PM like this is inexcusable. Kinda like taking part in murder. Of Project M. Kinda.

I hope there are still TOs who will organize PM tournaments. I am sad.

Last edited:

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
maybe its the fact that the PM players only brought half the set upts they committed to for Big House 4.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I honestly want to know if Nintendo has something to do with the lack of PM lately.

Too late, because those *******es finally realized they can PROFIT out of the competitive scene. Since Nintendo does not own PM, no profits, so no PM.

I am disappointed with streamers and TOs dropping PM. We should stand together and say NO to Nintendo killing PM. In my opinion, boycotting PM like this is inexcusable. Kinda like taking part in murder. Of Project M. Kinda.
But considering PM is basically a legal grey area, I highly doubt it tbh, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were or weren't involved either way.

Also "murder of Project M".... ***** what? :4ganondorf:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
It is unfortunate that PM is not there, I wouldn't be able to make to the tournament since I'm from another country, but was hoping to be entertained by the stream.

The exclusion seems to be the issue of sponsors fearing that Nintendo might take any kind of action, but most likely not an act of Nintendo itself. At that point the TO has to choose between the sponsor (s) and PM.

Paragon will still have PM though, so I'm looking forward to watch the competition there.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Also "murder of Project M".... ***** what? :4ganondorf:
It was partly a joke, but think of it this way:

Is all this hurting the PM scene? Yes
Is all this consensual? Yes

Either TOs/sponsors are afraid or they are being pressured. Either way, PM scene is slowly "dying". Therefore we need TOs who are brave and do not submit to corporate pressure.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It was partly a joke, but think of it this way:

Is all this hurting the PM scene? Yes
Is all this consensual? Yes

Either TOs are afraid or they are being pressured. Either way, PM scene is slowly "dying". Therefore we need TOs who are brave and do not submit to corporate pressure.
Yeah I know but, how do you know that? Nintendo might not necessarily be doing anything related to the "killing off of PM" :ohwell:

Last edited:

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Oh...no PM again.

Can people give at least an answer?
They'll probably say they're under an NDA or something. This is ridiculous honestly. The lack of transparency is only arousing suspicion. At least GimR brought up his reasons (although late), and someone was brave enough to show us that a certain man was indeed working with Nintendo and had intent to kill PM altogether.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Yeah I know but, how do you know that? Nintendo might not necessarily be doing anything related to the "killing off of PM" :ohwell:
Matter of interpretation. Pressure might be indirect, even without Nintendo enforcing anything, they still play a key role in this because they could embrace PM. And considering Nintendos history of anti piracy policies and stupid corporate decisions, such as banning the Melee stream at EVO, I would not be surprised if they were doing something directly. But if we all raged about this, like we did when EVOs stream was nearly cancelled, none of this would be an issue. I guess this happens when people fear corporations and worship moneye.

Last edited:
Top Bottom