• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Can hands even catch a cold?

Last edited:

PRGN

Smash Cadet
NNID
パラゴン
3DS FC
1891-1272-1580
:4ganondorf:> Watch out for Diddy's new 0-to-death combo on Ganondorf:

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
Welp, I better get used to put videos on this thread instead of making new threads.
Montage made by yours truly

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
New Ganon Meta discovered. This unbeatable tech has so many applications.
Jk. I was trolling on For Glory and got a few interesting replays :p

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
We see the Trapdoor Spiderdorf stalking its prey in the Gaur Plains. Isn't it majestic in its trickery, confusing its prey before striking?

Last edited:

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
I need some feedback on my neutral. I don't know what to do against a Bowser so if you guys have any advice, I'll gladly accept them. Here's some footage

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Well, I definitely wouldn't aerudo much in neutral unless you really feel like you have a read on your opponent's reactions. But especially don't do it the wrong way.

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
Well, I definitely wouldn't aerudo much in neutral unless you really feel like you have a read on your opponent's reactions. But especially don't do it the wrong way.
Some were mispaced on my part, but on the game on FD, I read that he would press a button so I tried to aerudo but... it went the wrong way because I b-reversed it I believe. I'll take your word on using aerudo when I see an opening/read :)

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
In general in the Bowser MU, you can play a safe, noncommittal neutral with empty movement and good spacing, and try to get a read on your opponent's style. Bowser can't do anything very devastating to you that you won't see coming from a mile away, but at the same time don't underestimate the tricky movement of the Bowser player. You can convert a lot from pokes like D Tilt and Nair while still staying relatively safe, and Bowser is really easy to edge guard with Ganondorf's kit.

Bowser is just too fat. Ganon's range makes a safe play style very rewarding and easy to win with against him.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
My braindead ganon against an average player, help pls
Good stuff using the BAir ledgehop. Truthfully, it's hard to critique when a lot of the stuff you did worked, but if you're looking for sort of "what if" advice, it'd be:

-Don't mess around on the ledge too much against Sheik
-Never take the offensive initiative against a Sheik, e.g. at some points you exhausted your doublejump and threw out a BAir upon landing
-Use NAir like a flyswatter: it's great to get Sheik off of you
-Wizkick's really good at mid-range when the Sheik starts throwing empty FAirs (but use with caution, obviously)

I think you've got a really creative playstyle, and your mechanics are generally on point. The areas of improvement, imo, would be to attack shields less, utilize SH aerials a bit more (NAirs, empty BAirs), be more mindful of unsafe maneuvers (FAirs, etc.) and taking advantage of opponents who hold their shield. Good stuff, dude. :colorful:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case anyone's interested, here's the set from the tourney a couple weeks ago that didn't get uploaded 'til today:

- vs. Kimidori's Sheik/ZSS (don't watch the 2nd match! I have no idea why I flopped like I did :p )

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I have a problem with being impatient, but thanks for the tips
It's hard not to be impatient sometimes, especially against a Sheik. But it always helps to reestablish poise when you remember that you're only a few hits away from evening it up.

Against Sheik, a Ganon benefits from nothing more than inhibition. We're masters of locking down movement patterns, but Sheik is so mobile that our strongest temptation is to act upon baits because she can move so quickly and threaten us from so many angles.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Vermanubis Vermanubis I watched a few of your tourney matches and noticed that a few times you used U-air immediately out of knockback. Was this meant to decrease your knockback? Because using stuff immediately out of knockback actually increases knockback now.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Vermanubis Vermanubis I watched a few of your tourney matches and noticed that a few times you used U-air immediately out of knockback. Was this meant to decrease your knockback? Because using stuff immediately out of knockback actually increases knockback now.
Just a little idiosyncrasy to give my fingers a way to fidget. :p

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
http://www.twitch.tv/gamingzoneaz/v/20113856

Footage from a 48 man tournament in AZ this past weekend. Made some dumb choices that cost me sets, but otherwise pretty happy with 4th. Timestamps:

1:20:10 vs AM Dodd (Sheik)

1:49:00 vs Wulfn (Fox)
2 SDs in this set make me very sad :(

2:17:45 vs Kallor (D3)

2:40:40 vs Saiki (Sheik)
You can skip the first match...please lol. I'm going in hard with the johns though because my shoulder button was doing weird things :/

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I'll watch them in a bit. Also your johns are accepted for there can only be one Johnondorf!!!

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
http://www.twitch.tv/gamingzoneaz/v/20113856

Footage from a 48 man tournament in AZ this past weekend. Made some dumb choices that cost me sets, but otherwise pretty happy with 4th. Timestamps:

1:20:10 vs AM Dodd (Sheik)

1:49:00 vs Wulfn (Fox)
2 SDs in this set make me very sad :(

2:17:45 vs Kallor (D3)

2:40:40 vs Saiki (Sheik)
You can skip the first match...please lol. I'm going in hard with the johns though because my shoulder button was doing weird things :/
That DDD matchup got my heart pumping. Good patience and trying to counteract the jump stalling tactic.
:4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf:/:4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::grin:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
That DDD matchup got my heart pumping. Good patience and trying to counteract the jump stalling tactic.
:4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf:/:4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::4ganondorf::grin:
Thanks! Yeah I've learned that match up is a lot of patience since we don't really have the tools or speed that other characters have to overwhelm DDD. BAir and multiple jumps alone really shut down any sort of spacing Ganondorf would want to do. It's much better to play as patient as possible and walk the DDD's space down, until you're in a safe range to take advantage of quicker aerials.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Here is an adventure of mine I got one day whhen playing as Ganondorf. I wanted to work more on this, especially some animations, that I've learned to improve from when I did them, but time constraints limited me to finish it like this; I'm pretty proud ofhow it came out anyway.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor

The only legit game I took off Ray without him killing himself. He whooped me so hard the rest of the time.

Top Bottom