• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Spectator mode has been missing for me for a long time, but it came back a few weeks ago. I think for some reason I thought Nintendo didn't want to encourage kids to gamble with that feature, but what do I know? At least it's back for me now.

My Bowser's wrecking through this random guy while the 2 others are just watching. The random noob is even resorting to spammy MK, but is still failing. Even now he's even going after the other guys outta desperation, but is getting hit back. Sigh, ppl need to learn that MK doesn't = instant win.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
It'll be a while before people will finally realize that. Sense he's a top tier I guess they think they'll always win. That is not the case, especially when they don't know how to properly use him and just spam. I hate the ones that spam his neutral b and jab...that gets so annoying.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I worry more bout the ones that spam D-smash, F-smash, and Up-B as those actually kill.

I'm currently active looking around. Saw a supposedly friendly Giga Bowser earlier that turned mean that eventually killed itself in Sudden Death when I was hanging around the ledge for like 3 minutes. Of course I left after my victory.

Now I'm in a room filled with ppl who know how to glidetoss. 2 of em were DK at some point.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Hm...true. I guess because I keep my distance most of the time when against MK, those don't affect too much. Less I'm trying to recover or on the ledge or something.

Player -0

Smash Hero
It'll be a while before people will finally realize that. Sense he's a top tier I guess they think they'll always win. That is not the case, especially when they don't know how to properly use him and just spam. I hate the ones that spam his neutral b and jab...that gets so annoying.
LOL, I love the jab players although I haven't seen many recently, Kinda dissapointed because of that

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, I just had a blast.

I was in a room with a Marth/Ike/Sonic, Zelda, and Ike who all teamed up on me. I went Wolf and spammed "what's the matter, scared?"for a whole match, and, luckily, they got my message and started fighting me separately. I mop the floor with all of them separately XD. My last match, I picked Pit and told them that they weren't ready yet at the start. I went AFK for the match, came back in the last five seconds, and told them again before I flew off and left. I shouldve saved all the replays and made a series lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Speaking of, I've seen a ton of Zelda and Marth today, as annoying as it was. Even then, my 2 characters have been winning the majority. Unfortunately, there were annoying Ikes at times to ruin things, not that I'm surprised. I'll probably stop on by later to see what tonight's prey does. As for this time, I will become more aggressive during anytime I am brought to temple to show my hatred for the stage.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I've seen a lot of Marth and Zelda as well. Luckily for me they were good players and actually didn't try to kill me for once. For some odd reason, i'm always the target for a Marth or Zelda. Like they have hatred for Lucas/Ness or something...

I'll probably be on later on tonight to see how things go. probably gonna meet nothing but spammers and people who can't play on a usual week day. Least that's what I always get.

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
I've seen eleven "couples" today. All of which included Marth somehow... I've just been trolling them with my default Pit and white Peach all day.

...Make that twelve.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wouldn't mind seeing your Pit and mostly Peach later on. However, you have to give me a signal on which one you are. I tend to be territorial against other Pits at times, especially if it's another gold one.
Just find a better-than-average gold Pit/Bowser. I prefer not to do the repeative crouching but rather hold it so that's one hint, too.

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
"And mostly Peach" <-- of course. I prefer not to taunt over and over and I'll only crouch once if someone does it first.

So are gold Pit/Bowser purely the only two you use?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's practically the only 2 characters I use, and well. Sometimes, my characters may try to communicate for their wants.

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing you're active at the moment? I'll keep a look out for you. I use quite a few of the characters, so, if I happen to see you I'll signal you.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I havent used the Pit yet... but now I am. Who am I looking for if I was to look for you?

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
As of right now I'm using white Peach.

Ah, as soon as I posted that the Pit switched to Link. It must be the imposter I've been seeing lately. :L

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I'll be Pit for a while since Bowser's happy. You can tell if it's mine if you do the right move for him, or see how he acts. I blame myself for liking the pairing.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I go on Basic Brawl a lot for taunt parties and I frequently see a blue and white striped shirt Lucas.
I was surprised, since this Lucas player was good - they knew how to Zap Jump and even B-reverse a Magnet Pull while the others spammed specials w/ Kirby & Ike. I live in Australia and I'd really like to meet this Lucas player. I use a red haired Lucas (the Claus costume), white Marth and red & white (or black) shirt Ness or default ICs. I'm pretty sure the other Lucas uses Falcon and ZSS. I first saw them about a few months ago (can't remember), and the most recent match was yesterday. So if you are this Lucas player, and you are reading this, please let me know so I know who you are.

Also there was a green MK who hacked Target Smash 1 and a really REALLY good fox player (dark costume, I think) who went Marth on me first time we met, both were taunters.

If you were any of those players it'd be nice if you let me know.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I go on Basic Brawl a lot for taunt parties and I frequently see a blue and white striped shirt Lucas.
I was surprised, since this Lucas player was good - they knew how to Zap Jump and even B-reverse a Magnet Pull while the others spammed specials w/ Kirby & Ike. I live in Australia and I'd really like to meet this Lucas player. I use a red haired Lucas (the Claus costume), white Marth and red & white (or black) shirt Ness. I'm pretty sure the other Lucas uses Falcon and ZSS. I first saw them about a few months ago (can't remember), and the most recent match was yesterday. So if you are this Lucas player, and you are reading this, please let me know so I know who you are.

Also there was a green MK who hacked Target Smash 1 and a really REALLY good fox player (dark costume, I think) who went Marth on me first time we met, both were taunters.

If you were any of those players it'd be nice if you let me know.
Luco MIGHT be the Lucas but I forgot what costumed Lucas he plays, you'd have to ask him. I'm like: Australia, There's only like one other in this thread...

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Luco MIGHT be the Lucas but I forgot what costumed Lucas he plays, you'd have to ask him. I'm like: Australia, There's only like one other in this thread...
Thanks.

It's just so hard to find a good player in BB. Once you defeat the endless streak of Kirby/Ike/Sonic spammers you get the people who CP Ness/Lucas, which is why I frequently alternate between Marth and Lucas/Ness when I see n00by players around.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know what's sad? When ppl gotta rely on feeding each other kills to keep you from winning, even if that means feeding a CPU. That's what this noob blue Zelda did for this CPU Luigi, though I still won the Sudden Death. I get more annoyed by just seeing a Zelda now-a-days.

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty positive it's you this time Admiral, so what's the ZSS chic's problem? xD I'm just having fun watching you troll her by avoiding her. The edgeguarding thing on the BOE was also funny.

Ooh, maybe it's not you. Well, he sure is a pretty good gold Pit. Then he went MK.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure I'm a smarter Pit than the one you found. Don't forget to tell me who you are, and if somehow I'm sent to temple or FD, high chances I will be aggressive as I hate those stages with my heart, more the former.

Once again, more spammy Zelda with a decent Sheik, but as always I get ganged up on and I couldn't get revenge because of DCing. Shows how little skill they got on their own. I'm in the mood to hurt some Zeldas and Sheiks badly now.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I feel your pain Admiral. The thing I hate the most is when the Zelda starts hitting you for no reason and think they can get away with it. Then you hit them back and the entire group gangs up on you for it. Never crushes my chance of winning sense they kill each other more than they do me.

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
Yeah? I'm dealing with an annoying group right now.

I was looping arrows in sudden death with my Pit and a black Zelda killed me with her Din's fire because I accidently hit her. (It didn't even come close to killing her and it came from above...) So the next round I attacked her and the other two, a desperate Ike and another Zelda, attacked me. Now I'm getting revenge; pretty sure my Pit can take them all on, even in Temple where they seem to like to run away when their health gets in the high percentages.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm getting real tired of seeing stupid Kirbys, Marths, and Zeldas, and being ganged up by so many of those noobs annoy me so much. At this point, I'm in the mood to kill any Kirby, Zelda, or Marth that I see.

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
Wow, just witnessed something quite pathetic.

So, I was in a group that had a black Marth. One other person leaves and this other black Marth joins. The one that joined went crazy on the original one, attacking him as soon as the match started. Ironically, the aggressive one that attacked got a whoopin'. He couldn't handle losing and turned out he was a hacker. He went Wario Man next round and now he's trolling. I feel bad for the original one, as Wario Man isn't messing with myself or the other person at all; Marth is his main target.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's common cowardice honestly. But seriously, what's with the Zelda, Marth, Kirby, and TL population going up this much? If it aint them, it's an Ike, Pika, Fox, Sonic Wolf, or a top tier.

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
Oh, don't get me wrong. I see that kind of thing all the time, but usually when I see hackers they just hack for fun; they don't target people unless it's the whole group.

As for the character populations, I've seen mostly Marth, Zelda, Peach, Ike, and Falco today. I'm currently white Peach.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I so need to find that Peachy. It'd beat seeing all the common generics these days. I'm currently active as it is.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I found a room with 2 co-operative players. A pretty good Kirby and a decent Snake/Marth. Started off with the Snake attacking a CPU then later an Ivysaur came in and brought Temple along with him and killed my DK. Next match I chose Bridge of Eldin and killed him but then he left midmatch. Then we started having friendly 1v1s. I used Red DK,Mario,Ike,Link.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I am not, but I am considering to do so in 15-25 minutes. You must have found a fake Pit again?

~SlySmashSoul~

Smash Cadet
Actually, more than that. It seems there's a gold Pit copying your style...

I joined as my default Ike. I was afc for about half an hour and I came back.. There was a gold Pit and I, the only two left out of four in sudden death. He was hanging out by the ledge dodging bombs, so I moved to where most people try to hide. (We were in Temple.) I crouched once to see if it was you, and he crouched back and held it but got hit by a bomb. Next round we got Temple and the first thing he did was attack one of the Kirby users. I still wasn't sure if it was you, so I watched him destroy the other people. Next round I went white Peach and B-threw him because he grabbed me and didn't move, which was an indicator for me. After that he ran off to go fight the Kirby users again. Next round he went gold Bowser and attacked the Kirbies again. After another round of that there was a DC. :L

Top Bottom