• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
His trilogy is coming on the switch

Which means crash is no longer 4th party and now upgraded to 3rd party

And crash has ben heavily request from that Mario vs sonic vs crash thing a while back

So with that said they may add crash for that celebration of this which seems very likely

So I am in for a supporter

Crash for smash switch!
Crash has never been "fourth party."

D

Deleted member

THERE
IS
NO
FOURTH
PARTY
The term is also mostly used for Non-video game characters. Crash never even had his own cartoon :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
His trilogy is coming on the switch

Which means crash is no longer 4th party and now upgraded to 3rd party

And crash has ben heavily request from that Mario vs sonic vs crash thing a while back

So with that said they may add crash for that celebration of this which seems very likely

So I am in for a supporter

Crash for smash switch!
Crash has been 3rd party (in the community definition) since Melee.

Why doesn't everyone remember the Crash Bandicoot GBA games?

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Crash actualy is in 8 Games on Nintendo Consoles. He started on GameCube with Crash Nitro Kart.
9 Games if you count Skylanders.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok slight correct I didn't remember about his GBA games

The correct is he's more relevant today than before.

Definitely count me in for support

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Seeing the Crash Trilogy trailer on the Direct and then getting the Smash Switch reveal made me seriously believe that there's a chance this might actually happen. I only played the first Crash game and Crash Team Racing back in the day, but I've always thought the character would fit just fine in Smash.

Put me in the Support list.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Over the past few days it's been crazy seeing people mention Crash as an actual contender for Smash. Gets me excited and also happy to see the support :).

Fun idea I had for Crash if he were to ever get in. Newcomers in Smash 4 ended up getting artwork for their reveal, which was a cool addition. While it probably won't happen, I thought it would be a nice touch if they gave Crash two artwork designs: One where he's normally drawn how he is in the west and one with the Japanese design he usually got in promotional artwork over there. It'd be a nice reference considering it's still like that for the N.Sane Trilogy over in Japan.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I really want both Rayman and Crash in this game. It's the perfect duo addition, kinda like Pacman and Megaman last time.

As for Bomberman? Maybe also, or DLC. I wouldn't mind having Simon Belmont instead as one of the more realistic 3rd party newcomers.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Crash actualy is in 8 Games on Nintendo Consoles. He started on GameCube with Crash Nitro Kart.
9 Games if you count Skylanders.
And honestly, Crash Nitro Kart may be my most played Crash game.

it is not by coincidence.
That was also the game wherein I ended up getting my first boyfriend.
Also not a coincidence.
Aw... puppy love.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm neutral on Crash but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's announced for E3. Nintendo can hype up 90s nostalgia by having all the big platformer mascots in one game. I'd say he's the most likely third party character at the moment; if he isn't in the base game, he's for sure DLC.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So if Crash gets added that means the copyright would have to say "Activision Blizzard"

Blizzard content in Smash would be pretty dope. Tracer or a WoW character? Maybe even Blizzard World as a stage?

All this plus Crash would get me super excited.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So if Crash gets added that means the copyright would have to say "Activision Blizzard"

Blizzard content in Smash would be pretty dope. Tracer or a WoW character? Maybe even Blizzard World as a stage?

All this plus Crash would get me super excited.
Blizzard wouldn't get mentioned in the copyright. Its copyright is held by a different part of the parent company than Crash, as shown by the official Crash Bandicoot website. It's like how Mega Man's is held by Capcom Co, ltd. while Ryu's is held by Capcom USA.

Activision Publishing is the copyright owner.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
He seems pretty likely and I'd love to see him! The possibility of having him, Banjo & Kazooie and Rayman in the same game is wild (especially with Sonic, Megaman, etc. too).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Blizzard wouldn't get mentioned in the copyright. Its copyright is held by a different part of the parent company than Crash, as shown by the official Crash Bandicoot website. It's like how Mega Man's is held by Capcom Co, ltd. while Ryu's is held by Capcom USA.

Activision Publishing is the copyright owner.
Dang. Well as they say

Easy come easy go.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I've barely touched his games (hoping to change this when I finally get a Switch), but even I know this **** needs to happen! I'm 100% on board! Crash is such a huge gaming icon, and would fit perfectly! Hopefully we get all the 3rd party characters that were in Smash 4, and then won't that be a sight to behold.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You can put me down as a supporter. I dunno about his chances, other than N. Sane Trilogy coming out on the Switch, but I would love to see the bandicoot in Smash Bros 5 so much.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You can put me down as a supporter. I dunno about his chances, other than N. Sane Trilogy coming out on the Switch, but I would love to see the bandicoot in Smash Bros 5 so much.
A enormous jump in his chances

The trilogy coming out switch makes him relevant to Nintendo all over again.

And relevant is a big factor on choosing characters from smash I believe

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A enormous jump in his chances

The trilogy coming out switch makes him relevant to Nintendo all over again.
If you say so. Like I said, I'd be down with Crash being playable. Heck! Have Sonic in as well and we'll have all three 90s console mascots in one game.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
What music tracks do you want for Crash in smash? Here are some of mine.

Crash Title Theme
Crash Melody
Cortex Melody
Bonus Stage Crash 1
Sewer or Later
Snow Go
Road to Ruin
Tomb Time
Dino Might
Road Crash

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'd go with:

Crash 1
- Crash 1's main theme
- Jungle Rollers
- Hog Wild

Crash 2
- Turtle Woods
- Hang Eight
- Crash Crush
- Sewer or Later
- Road to Ruin
- Bee Having

Crash 3
- Time Twister
- Dingodile's boss theme
- Dino Might
- Future Frenzy
- Cortex' boss theme

CTR
- Dragon Mines
- CTR's maps themes unified in some way
- Tiger Temple

Twinsanity
- Evil Twins' boss theme
- Mecha Bandicoot's boss theme
- Totem God Tikimon
- Twinsanity Island

Titans
- Spike's Theme
- The Blizzard of Claws
- BBQ Bash
- Voodoo Bunny Dance
- Slider Theme 2

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Just been checking out the newer DLC characters and Jehuty Bommer is super fun to play as. Not as OP as pre-nerf Pyramid Head Bomber or anything but brutally rushdown orientated in a way I never expected from Bomberman.

D

Deleted member

Just been checking out the newer DLC characters and Jehuty Bommer is super fun to play as. Not as OP as pre-nerf Pyramid Head Bomber or anything but brutally rushdown orientated in a way I never expected from Bomberman.
Wrong thread :p

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey people; I'm doing a little shameless advertising here; I made something for speculation sake with no favoritism in mind... BUT, Crash, Bomberman and Rayman are some of my favorites potential guests for Smash Switch; thus I'd like to share this with you guys;...

https://smashboards.com/threads/spe...-of-nintendo-recent-releases-and-more.453761/
there's valuable information for you guys bring up to discussions; Hope that will help!

I'll try to be more active in the site now on ^^'.. I have some plans to help some specific characters campaings, and you can bet that these guys will be envolved!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Over the past few days it's been crazy seeing people mention Crash as an actual contender for Smash. Gets me excited and also happy to see the support :).

Fun idea I had for Crash if he were to ever get in. Newcomers in Smash 4 ended up getting artwork for their reveal, which was a cool addition. While it probably won't happen, I thought it would be a nice touch if they gave Crash two artwork designs: One where he's normally drawn how he is in the west and one with the Japanese design he usually got in promotional artwork over there. It'd be a nice reference considering it's still like that for the N.Sane Trilogy over in Japan.

It could happen. Especially if they also have Spyro and they give him both the good design and the Skylanders design.

...but Pacman was "Sakurai's choice" of design, or nothing at all. And so I'm tempted to say that idea will stick- Sakurai will choose the one he likes, or not at all.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Not related to smash, but if you all are fans of Death Battle, the next Death Battle is Crash vs Spyro. Personally I can't wait as I am a fan of the show. What do you guys think? Who would win?

Morbi

Scavenger
Not related to smash, but if you all are fans of Death Battle, the next Death Battle is Crash vs Spyro. Personally I can't wait as I am a fan of the show. What do you guys think? Who would win?
Ask me if a Bandicoot or Dragon would win a wrestling match? Boxing? An MMA match? Okay, now translate that to a battle to the death and the answer does not change much. The dragon, fam.

That being said, I always lump the two of them together, so it would be bittersweet to get Crash with no sign of Spyro, especially if Sakurai believes that Spyro Sr. is too big this time around as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Crash's main hope, IMO, will rest on whether or not his outright cartoony degree of durability will help him out against Spyro.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Spyro also has his own form of invincibility, I think? Haven't played the games in a while but, it was pretty much essential to have an invincible power-up back then. Mario set the precedent and then almost every other game followed.

Top Bottom