• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I support the Bandicoot!!

He was one of the first characters I wanted in Smash alongside :4cloud:!

AND HE'S RELEVANT!!!!!! I hate using relevance for arguments in Smash but HE IS RIGHT NOW!!!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Quote me on this:
In Crash's trailer they will say "Crash the Smash"
Thank you for reminding me, that I actually want Agumon in very badly.

Wow yall, Crash is by far the most nominated character in RTC, most likely he will be the first rated character after the first month of set days is done.
He is also the first third party character to be rated, though.
Great on Crash, I really hope he makes it into the game! Let us still keep in mind, this doesn't actually mean his chances are high- we here on this website are a small sampling of the greater gaming/Nintendo/Smash communiity.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
only if the trailer is the guy in the Crash suit yelling at the Nintendo headquarters

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It would be pretty epic if the same trailer introduced Crash and Spyro, both.

Not that I want fewer reveals, but we do have much less time. And having two characters in a reveal is even more of a bombshell than just the one.
Plus it would hint that we may get more character interaction in this new game.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Crash feels like a distinct possibility now, but the timing doesn't quite add up unless Sakurai has amazing hindsight.

Crash is probably a stronger DLC candidate than he is an on-cart candidate.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I would be genuinely surprised if Crash was added into the main roster...

He's definitely the kind of character you'd add in as DLC...not to mention the timing is slightly more convenient as a DLC fighter for next year...

For main game third party characters I'd bet on characters like Bomberman and Rayman as possibilities...but Crash most likely as DLC...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I would say Crash is def happening (like 80-90% sure) whether that be main roster or DLC. And I agree with Aetheri Aetheri in that Crash is a name they would have as DLC given DLC is heavily focused on big name third parties, advertisements, and veterans.

Also completely unrelated but I want to see Crash Twinsanity getting the N' Sane Trilogy treatment in it getting released with all the cut content it was supposed to have at launch.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Whichever way crash gets in, i'll be happy. However, I would like to point out that i think it's pretty unlikely Sakurai himself wouldn't be already aware that crash nst was coming to the Switch before the announcement. He's in charge of the most important game on the works for nintendo besides maybe pokemon, and it's a game that requires him to be aware of everything that's going on with nintendo's plans.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Imagine if at E3 Sony announces Playstation Allstars 2. If we wouldn't see Crash there (at E3) how would you think Crash's chances change?

Would you be more happy to see him in Smash Bros. or Playstation Allstars?

D

Deleted member

Imagine if at E3 Sony announces Playstation Allstars 2. If we wouldn't see Crash there (at E3) how would you think Crash's chances change?

I'd be happier to see him in a game that I can actually play so Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Smash. It's pretty obvious everyone bar Playstation fanboys want him in Smash

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I get mad everytime i see someone saying crash should be on psasbr instead of smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say Crash *should* have been in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, and for that matter, Sony should have bought the rights outright from Universal.

But that boat has sailed twice over. Sony got temporary exclusivity of the new game (and one that made sense, unlike Tomb Raider's one) and Crash is as much an independent 3rd party as Sonic or Ryu.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I never found out why Sony wasn't able to get Crash or Spyro in Playstation Allstars. I know the reason Cloud wasn't was because SquareEnix wanted Lightning instead and Snake wasn't in because Kojima didn't want Snake and Raiden fighting each other (at least that was what the rumors said). We got "New" Dante because of the reboot instead of "Classic" Dante. As for Lara Croft? From what I've heard it was because of her new game as well.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I never found out why Sony wasn't able to get Crash or Spyro in Playstation Allstars. I know the reason Cloud wasn't was because SquareEnix wanted Lightning instead and Snake wasn't in because Kojima didn't want Snake and Raiden fighting each other (at least that was what the rumors said). We got "New" Dante because of the reboot instead of "Classic" Dante. As for Lara Croft? From what I've heard it was because of her new game as well.
Therein lies Sony's problem. It wasn't willing to negotiate or bargin. Pac-Man was always going to be ol' pie-eyed Pac or not be in at all in Smash.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Activision wanted too much money

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't that mean they would ask for more money seeing that it's Smash Bros and how successful it is? Why would Nintendo be more willing to pay if they have greater access to other icons?
The studio that made PSABR had low budget.
Smash is a different beast entirely.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Apparently they had enough of a budget to get Issac Clark. Who was a late entry. Could it really have been that steep? Activision weren't even really using Crash why would they ask so much? Why wasn't Crash more important to the budget?

(not literally asking you just a lot of questions spring to mind.)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Wouldn't that mean they would ask for more money seeing that it's Smash Bros and how successful it is? Why would Nintendo be more willing to pay if they have greater access to other icons?
Being in smash is a big deal (unlike pasbr) and it's a great way of doing marketing for a character. Activision would be foolish at this point to not allow Crash to be in Smash.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure PSASBR doesn't really have the same pedigree as Smash, so companies would be more reluctant to include their #1 characters in there, and mainly use it for promotional purposes. Heihachi's inclusion made sense (though they had no control over his voice actor passing away, and Namco-Bandai making Heihachi young again as a result), but I figure that's why they got Donte instead of Dante, Raiden instead of Snake, and no characters from Square-Enix and Activision. (though the latter could be budgeting issues; Activision is pretty money-hungry, and would probably demand way too much)

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I figure PSASBR doesn't really have the same pedigree as Smash, so companies would be more reluctant to include their #1 characters in there, and mainly use it for promotional purposes. Heihachi's inclusion made sense (though they had no control over his voice actor passing away, and Namco-Bandai making Heihachi young again as a result), but I figure that's why they got Donte instead of Dante, Raiden instead of Snake, and no characters from Square-Enix and Activision. (though the latter could be budgeting issues; Activision is pretty money-hungry, and would probably demand way too much)
It just strikes me as odd that Sony wouldn't make characters like Crash a higher priority. They must have known before even approving the project that characters like Crash were high value. Shouldn't the mindset going in be that characters are the highest priority for a Crossover game?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It just strikes me as odd that Sony wouldn't make characters like Crash a higher priority. They must have known before even approving the project that characters like Crash were high value. Shouldn't the mindset going in be that characters are the highest priority for a Crossover game?
Sony might have prioritized them, but Activision may have prioritized someone else (like a Call of Duty soldier or something), or they might have asked for too much.

Morbi

Scavenger
In my experience, Activision is never in it for longevity, they are constantly just trying to milk their franchises... Violently, and they are starting to run into problems as a result. I genuinely believe that the trilogy proved that Crash had value. I highly doubt they realized it before. Otherwise, why not just make a new game?

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
In my opinion, if Crash gets announced for Smash, Spyro has to be as well. These franchises are practically siblings; they've always been owned by the same publisher and they share a specific place in history. The parallels between their releases are numerous and obvious.

To put one of these characters into a massive crossover game without the other would be inexcusable.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Personally, I see Crash being playable, while Spyro is an assist trophy. Mostly because Spyro is nowhere near as popular in Japan.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
As i said previously in another thread, if Spyro fans really want him, they have do support Crash first. Spyro is not getting in before Crash.

He's very likely to get his own trilogy remaster later this year, which means it's possible for him to be a playable DLC character if Crash already made it in before that.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I’d be all for Crash. And the possibility of him and Cloud, and maybe even a Tekken character if that happens, being on screen together would be mind blowing for PlayStation fans. (Ironically in a Nintendo game)

As a person who followed the development of PSASBR, I can say that they did try. Crash was the most requested character for the game with Cloud and Spyro following closely behind. It was all Activision that wasn’t playing fair. And from what the director of the game implied during an interview, it was likely an issue of money.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think Crash might happen. I really do. He might be DLC, but I think he might roll up and be part of it. Nintendo fans are more interested in him now than ever due to the N Sane Trilogy coming to Switch (I'm gonna actually play a Crash game for basically the first time! And I'm sure I'm not alone)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random idea, when Kirby eats Crash, instead of wearing a crash hat or his head morphing into his hair, how about Kirby wears Aku Aku?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Ouch, let's hope Activision isn't stupid about things. In this case, they would gain far more by selling at a low price. and using the returns to budget a new Crash game I think. Either way, i support Crash.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Guys, what if we made our own trophy speculation and descriptions for crach characters for fun? I think I made some a while back but I lost them/ forgot which thread and group they were in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see... What would Crash's "supporting cast" be...?

Possible Alt Costumes: Coco, Fake Crash

Assist Trophies: Tiny Tiger, Dingodile, Cortex

Items: TNT Crate, Aku Aku (bonus: if the box is broken by a bad guy, it's Uka Uka instead)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Guys, what if we made our own trophy speculation and descriptions for crach characters for fun? I think I made some a while back but I lost them/ forgot which thread and group they were in.
Coco as an alternate costume;
Crunch as an assist trophy;
Cortex, N. Brio, N. Gin and Dingodile as Trophies

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Relevant as always. Thread in a nutshell.

Also as an update due to Crash being the most nominated character, he got promoted onto the Official schedule for March once some days were combined into double days on RTC.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
His trilogy is coming on the switch

Which means crash is no longer 4th party and now upgraded to 3rd party

And crash has ben heavily request from that Mario vs sonic vs crash thing a while back

So with that said they may add crash for that celebration of this which seems very likely

So I am in for a supporter

Crash for smash switch!

Last edited:
Top Bottom