• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Great Combo Video Troy! I liked the Jiggypuff and the Marth combos:)

Sounds Like the Edmonton Tourney on May 7th could be a big Candian Tourney check out the thread!

Also good luck Nick on vsing Neil in Calgary!

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Thanks, I need to upload 2 more times and see how its popularity is and such. So this Edmonton tournament, would be good if I could travel so far and over a day, but my strict parents would most likely never want it. 17 years old only, so I don't too much liberty. I heard Wilfred wants to go... but its a 13 hour drive (according to mapquest) and he doesn't know if he can concentrate for that long. Adam I heard wants to go too. IF anything happens, I'll root you guys one from here ya hear?

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by dark_dragon8
Thanks, I need to upload 2 more times and see how its popularity is and such. So this Edmonton tournament, would be good if I could travel so far and over a day, but my strict parents would most likely never want it. 17 years old only, so I don't too much liberty. I heard Wilfred wants to go... but its a 13 hour drive (according to mapquest) and he doesn't know if he can concentrate for that long. Adam I heard wants to go too. IF anything happens, I'll root you guys one from here ya hear?
Yeah me too, It'll be even more of a hassle for me to go.:p

Lets hope at least a couple of representitives from B.C. can make it.:)

Patooty

Smash Ace
Sounds interesting, but I wouldn't be able to go unless Wilfred's driving for sure. We could take like, 6 breaks probably totalling a 15 hour trip. If we leave at 3PM on Friday we can make it there about 5AM on Saturday. And we'd probably want to make it back on Sunday afternoon/evening. We can carpool and chip in for gas since gas is quite high right now. Anyway, I can't say I can go unless I hear from Wilfred saying he's gonna go first, and then I still gotta ask my parents after that. Think they'd let me though :) Also wanna see how big this thing's gonna be before I go.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Troy, you're a victim of your own success. After seeing that daaamn combo vid of urs... you WILL come to our May 7th tourney and you have NO say in the matter :D

You B.C.ers gotta represent!

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
My combo video, made a little while ago. Mostly for show and looks, great song too. You can get it here

Magnum... sorry man, I'm only a young man with strict parents. I doubt I can go, sorry guys. The plane tickets for... FOURTY DOLLARS, wow that's amazing, if you guys go... record and bring it back for sure guys haha.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Sorry Adam that I offended Conclusion that Mike Is the best in Canada... I guess I was a bit over-confident of myself...Its just been a LOOONNNG time since I last smashed up with you, and that I hope that sooner or later, we will be in the finals again when the next tournament starts... With Skypal.

ALSO, Vancouverites, we NEED a team name here, Like Troy's X-Kamikaze team. without it, we're all individuals, fighting to see who's the best here.

That's not what a team is supposed to be though.

Its about teamwork and cooperation.

Now we've prooved ourself, we can unite as one agianst SKYPAL and Edmonton... and TOGETHER, we can beat them.

...</Speech>

Ok, so who has Ideas for a team name? Something that's not boring...it should be something unique, and sounds cool. ^-^

LOL. yeah, Tiep, my mom works for the Airlines...for 31 years O_o
I CAN be a hacker and get the tickets to edmonton for free though ^-^
Let me ask my mom first, I'm really not that quite sure that I can get you really cheap tickets, instead of paying the whole 300 bucks for it, but i'll give it a go.

EDIT: Ok, Well, my mom said that we have to travel with her to get the deal, or it won't work >_<
Also, only 4 people can come with me.

Worira Cheese

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble attending tourneys... last time, I signed up late.

anyhow,
someone might be able to model a logo on that.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Yeah, it would be cool to have a team. Then whenever we attend tourneys, we can have crew battles and stuff. Thinking of a name isn't easy though. We definately gotta meet up at least one more time before we go to this thing.

Hey Nik, is the 4 people not including you? And also, I don't mind your mom travelling with us at all, and I'd more than welcome her to (if she wants to) come if it's gonna save us a bajillion %. So far, the interested parties are:
Me, Adam, Wilfred, Nik.
Sorry if I missed anyone but that's all I could remember right now. I need a final date before I'm 100% sure I could go. And with Nik's offer of cheap tickets I'mma bet some more people are interested in going.

Worira Cheese, I'm sure this tourney's not going to have a limit on the amount of people. If anyone else is interested in this then just post saying so. Not like I can take anyone myself, but just for information's sake.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Re: Magnum

Originally posted by xXx-NoobKing-xXx
I dunno, who are the other good players in Edmonton?

but smasher for smasher... I think we'd give you a run for ya monaaaayyyyyyy!:chuckle:
K thats it crew battle now. Plus i want attention :( im not THAT bad! :(

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Oops, You know what? I just realized that my mom already used up her guest passes this year. She told me that she can only use 10 a year; and she already did from going to Hawaii and Japan and all sorts of stuff.

Sorry guys...and also, you guys have to be related to me too X_X

Dammit, I guess i'm wrong.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Haha, nik. Oh well I guess, but thanks for trying man, it woulda been nice to get to FLY there, for only 40bucks. All the hopes rests on Wilfred now. He doesn't check these forums a lot does he? I wonder if he will be able to drive there. Here's to hoping Wilfred goes :)

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I just thought about our new name:

S.I.T.H. - SMASHED IN THE HEAD

I know you guys are like, "WHAT"
Well, First of all, I didn't want something BORING, I was looking for a Unique Crew name, something that would make many reactions to us when we address ourselves as the SITH crew XD

Also, Adam, I don't really like the GREATER VANCOUVER SMASH CREW...It lacks a lot of style, and It has no originality to it; It also sounds really boring, IMO ;_;

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Bravo!

I know i like this clan Name Sith... anyone else like this clan name?

anyways i wont be able to go to the Edmonton tourney on the 7th so have fun and tape some videos of your matches against Mike or somethin:)

Patooty

Smash Ace
Troy - Awesome vid man. Watching that just makes me even more afraid to play you now :p

Nik, LOL @ Smashed in the Head. I mean, if the name was just "SITH" by itself it wouldn't be too great but hehe... smashed in the head. I think I like it :)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
It isnt ALL about mike :'(

Well maybe it is.

That combo vid you got there was alright, but some of the earlier ones werent actually combos, there were 2-4 new combos though keep it up!

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you read my thread on melee discussion, it said that some did not combo but still looked pretty cool. I think I can combo it now, because I think I filmed that back on Dec (if you see the time and "TV video" shown on the screen). The recent ones were shown like after 2:30 which I filmed last saturday. The video is mostly for looks, combos are pretty basic (once again, I said that on my thread). The video I wanted is based on music, technicalities with editing, content, mood, stuff like that. As a piece altogether I really enjoyed it and I hope it helped some of the newer players to these combos and maybe inspire them to edit!

S.I.T.H. eh guys? Sounds pretty weird... I LIKE IT! We should have a crew battle against us (The KK, for fun!).

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
yea.. many people seemed to like your combo vid Troy..

As for the new combos.. is that mean u edited your video to add new combos?

your right its not about Mike.... its about other people who are gonna be in the tourney too..

See if Some B.C. players make it to the finals:D

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Hahah , Ok, right now, I'm in Calgary, visiting some of my relatives, and of course, Smashing it up with Neil...

I just played him, and overall? In the start, I was doing really badly because my hands really wern't warmed up; my SHL kept on going the other way, and I couldn't Lcancel that effectively, but in the end, when I was really warmed up, I Was on FIRE XD. I kept on comboing Neil, until he just gave up and cried XD

In the end, I sort of realized what habits i was doing wrong So i'ma gonna have to fix this when I get home.

Anyways, Calgary has been conquer'd by NiK's Falco.
Next - Edmonton.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Nice job Nik on giving away your bad habits... Sometimes talking about smash, you might want to keep some things to yourself to surprise your opponents! But I am glad that you can see what you do wrong and you know how to be careful of characters (MUST CHANGE STRATEGY). Hope you're having a great time in Calgary.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Bah, whatever, its not really my strategy, its more of the mistakes I always do, and hopefully, I will correct them to be more like Dave's and MoFo's Falco duruing the May 7th Tournament ahppening in Edmonton...

You don't truly know your enemy until you fight them.

Even though I'm giving you guys my mistakes and my habits and the stuff I should do, doesn't mean that you truly know my Falco. ^-^

P.S: Troy, are you saying the stuff that I said about my Mistakes and such mean that I have to change my Strategy? I'm confused X_X

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Nik I was just saying that you told the way you play to many people. As a friend, it seems a little weird to me that it seems your giving some of your gameplay away, but its your choice (because I know you are pretty sure you know that people can't find out about your strategy). I was saying that your strategy finding against characters are very good and well thought out! Finding out a persons strategy btw is not my thing, its Darius and Duong's way of playing!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Nice Try Nick I saw as well!!( I already forgot and most people will probably anyways so it doesent matter:p)

anyone know whos goin to Edmonton for sure from B.C. except Nik?

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
I know I can't with my strict parents, but I would love to go though. If anything, I would want only the top smashers to go from this area anyway, Wilfred, Adam, Nik and Darius :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
OH NO, forgot to add Tiep to that list. Representing an excellent Samus, but can play some other pretty darn deadly characters too, cannot forget how close his and Darius' skills are.
New list:
Wilfred
Adam
Nik
Tiep and Darius

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I was playin CS last night, and my rec was like 20-4, and I planted the biznomb... and then I got knifffffe'ded!

EDIT: Nick, Mofo and Dave play quite different styles of Falco...

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Niceee...A Tourney in Kelowna...Interesting...
I'm up to it. Hehe, I can just fly over there ^-^

Well, anyways, BUMP.

Tiep, how come you're never on msn? did you get a new email or something?

Top Bottom