• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
TIL: We absolutely demolish duck hunt. his kill moves don't function properly so we live forever, we destroy him if we get in, we destroy him offstage, and past 100% sideB flame eats all his special moves at once and can still hit him.
Hmm, when you stale it a bit do we still get a similar amount of hitstun? Or if you stale it a bit are you able to hit your opponent before they air dodge at the same percents?

I wonder who has the capability and patience to figure out how much hitstun Luc's moves have or even a formula...

If someone does figure something out I know we'd find many more combos.

I know at least higher damage means more hitstun, but that would be so epic if we could land say a UThrow to BAir when we are near max Aura and the opponent only has 20-30% and kill. The tears would be so delicious.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
no idea because there's no stale moves in training mode and testing outside of that is a painnnnnnn.

also I finally got proper youtube links for my videos. posted them in the video thread :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
no idea because there's no stale moves in training mode and testing outside of that is a painnnnnnn.

also I finally got proper youtube links for my videos. posted them in the video thread :p
There isn't stale moves in training?

Just have a human player something maybe an extra Wiimote

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, if you have a gamepad...and I assume Gamecube controller, you are all set.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Err... I JUST REACHED 1000 VICTORIES RIGHT NOW! BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR? DECEMBER 14TH, 5:01 PM!

Also, can Lucario space with uncharged Aura Spheres somehow? Maybe its only effective against Captain Falcon, even though he sucks at working around projectiles, but what about in general?
Another thing... did I miss anything else?

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Breaks even I suppose, its survivable.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I have a lot of vids I want to show from this OK tourney when they're uploaded to youtube
asking for advice in certain mu's and such

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Out of the 2 Pokemon, who do you think has been used more on the Wii U version: Lucario, or Greninja?
I'm personally still debating between the 2 for one of my mains, as they're both Pokemon I like (both are in my top 5). Lucario was my main in Brawl, so at the moment, he's better than my Greninja, but Greninja WAS one of my best characters on the 3DS version. Thoughts?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Out of the 2 Pokemon, who do you think has been used more on the Wii U version: Lucario, or Greninja?
I'm personally still debating between the 2 for one of my mains, as they're both Pokemon I like (both are in my top 5). Lucario was my main in Brawl, so at the moment, he's better than my Greninja, but Greninja WAS one of my best characters on the 3DS version. Thoughts?
Weird, as Brawl Lucario and Smash 4 Lucario play completely differently.

Also, I believe that Greninja is played much more often than Lucario.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Defintely Greninja. Mainly due to popularity, I suppose. But dang, is he good! I tried him out because of the previous Conquest, and I appreciated is playstyle. You can call me crazy, but he feels a little bit like... Melee. That's how I feel. But if you have the potential to master Greninja, he'll be a beast. Also, falling N-air combos are really good, and you can even follow-up with a fully charged Water Shuriken. Like Fully Charged WS -> Up-Smash for 31%. For a SSB4 character, its like the possibilities are almost limitless. So yeah, Greninja is good. Lucario's a bit more defensive and slower, but still has a plethora of combos.
I fight scrubby Greninjas extremely often. Its a bit rare for me to fight an actually good player. Either I get scrubs, or people who just make no sense. :/

A short, fun montage about amiibos utterly humiliating the once proud smash community of Denver West.

So... is it really worth playing against an amiibo, now? From what I heard from Japan Time Podcast (Great series, really recommend it), apparently their attacks literally become stronger each time as they level-up. They look like ordinary CPUs to me. Idk, maybe I should get myself a Kirby amiibo, since I feel like the best Kirby in Michigan right now. I'd love to see it demolish my soul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Browny

Smash Hater
Why dont you main megaman?

All of your mains are blue/purple

Luigi doesnt count

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Wait a minute, Lucario's Aura still increases if he's behind in stock? I thought that was done away with?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A short, fun montage about amiibos utterly humiliating the once proud smash community of Denver West.

Too amusing. But then again, we'd all lose to CPUs that read inputs with inhuman precision.
So... is it really worth playing against an amiibo, now? From what I heard from Japan Time Podcast (Great series, really recommend it), apparently their attacks literally become stronger each time as they level-up. They look like ordinary CPUs to me. Idk, maybe I should get myself a Kirby amiibo, since I feel like the best Kirby in Michigan right now. I'd love to see it demolish my soul.
CPUs have inhuman reaction times and read inputs. And as you already said, they get more powerful even if no equipment is fed to them. At the very least, they are good for a laugh. I've started training some of the Amiibos I own, but so far they are pretty derpy even at lvl 30.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Just curious for wii u players. Is anyone having trouble beating the normal difficulty all star with Lucario? I did it last night on the second try

The prize is Meloetta as a pokeball pokemon.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
All-Star isn't hard once you realize you just need to spam fast power moves and everything the CPU does is scaled. Bowser kills in three hits even on Hard mode. I was living until 200%, even when a Smash attack hit me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, just get the Lucario amiibo when it comes out, train it to lvl 50, then enter it into tournaments. Then you can congratulate yourself when it wins the tourney.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably never since they deal extra damage/knockback and have frame perfect input reads to make up for lack of human decision-making, but it would be hilarious to see amiibos win a national.

They are not very good at doubles from what I've seen, because friendly fire is a foreign concept to their programming.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Probably never since they deal extra damage/knockback and have frame perfect input reads to make up for lack of human decision-making, but it would be hilarious to see amiibos win a national.

They are not very good at doubles from what I've seen, because friendly fire is a foreign concept to their programming.
M2K has frame perfect abilities

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
At getting gimped by DK, huehuehue.

But yeah, DK is pretty poopoo in singles. Doubles is where he shines but still not by much.

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
That's the opposite of what my DK-maining buddy thinks. DK's massive size and weight makes him a liability for juggles and friendly fire.

Then again, his name also isn't Will Walsh.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Wait a minute, Lucario's Aura still increases if he's behind in stock? I thought that was done away with?
This was in on 3ds. Me and my partner did anubis on NDJ ladder/friendlies and I was killing as low as 15-25% regularly. If my partner had 3 stocks and I was 50%+ on my final stock I was in Final smash power, it was unreal and unfair. Even at 0 my upb length was insane.

For some reason on WiiU it was removed completely or atleast I can't feel anything when my partner has 3 stocks and im down to one. I have absolutely no idea why it was removed but it was definitely there on 3ds, I feel i'm the only one who noticed lol.

I could never tell a significant difference in 1v1 for some reason but in 2v2 I promise it was there. Anti even uploaded a vid of us doing it once on facebook but no idea where it is now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's the opposite of what my DK-maining buddy thinks. DK's massive size and weight makes him a liability for juggles and friendly fire.

Then again, his name also isn't Will Walsh.
I have a friend who plays DK as well, and I think this way because I've seen the DK blindspots and the trash that can stop him. You still have to respect DK and his kill power and he still has good damage output when he lands those hits and spikes. But when a single Yoshi JAB can stop his smashes, there is something wrong...

And the Aura from stocks is still there. It's possible they toned it down from the patch (I don't think anyone tested it), but it's there.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I have a friend who plays DK as well, and I think this way because I've seen the DK blindspots and the trash that can stop him. You still have to respect DK and his kill power and he still has good damage output when he lands those hits and spikes. But when a single Yoshi JAB can stop his smashes, there is something wrong...

And the Aura from stocks is still there. It's possible they toned it down from the patch (I don't think anyone tested it), but it's there.
It is? It must've had an insane tone down because it feels nonexistent compared to the 3ds stock aura.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If anything, the random tips still mentions Aura being more powerful even beyond 190%, so a factor besides percentage is still being referenced by the tips.

I could probably sit down and mess around tonight since I have enough controllers to test this in VS.

Last edited:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Was the aura multiplier formula extracted directly from the game data?

Anyway lucario does get a boost from being down a stock. I definitely explioted it with a friend in some casual doubles. How crazy does it get idk? I never really played dubz on the 3ds version.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think I killed a Sheik at 30ish with bair during my last stock and my partner had 3. It was so dumb.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Was the aura multiplier formula extracted directly from the game data?

Anyway lucario does get a boost from being down a stock. I definitely explioted it with a friend in some casual doubles. How crazy does it get idk? I never really played dubz on the 3ds version.
I killed a rosa at 15% with an fsmash on the opposite side of the stage in a real match, though it was charged a bit.
and killed a rob at 20% from across yi. Both of these from 3ds though and all in doubles when my partner had 3 stocks to my 1

And since bair is like a mobile fsmash it can kill commonly at 30-40%
The strength of anubis is reduced greatly on wiiu though from what I've played

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom