• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Armory: Using G&W's arsenal to the fullest extent (8-13-08) Now on: Usmash

Debonu

Smash Cadet
chef is a great edgegaurding tool and can also stop many approaches in their tracks and its great for taunting ppl

In2D

Smash Apprentice
A great move to use with chef is for edgeguarding. Toss out some breakfast over the side, then jump out and Fair them. Works very often.

Neb

Smash Lord
Personal List_
+Good Edgeguard
+Backs-up approaches
+Pan Spike does good damage
+Pan Spike can Stage Spike
+Set-up. Forces projectiles, which leads to bucketing,
which leads to Oil Panic.
+Many find it useless because its random, which leads to
opponents thinking its not hard to defend against.
+Good out of non-tech'd dthrow.
+Ledge Boosted Pan Spike can grill recovering foes into KO zone with speed.
+Nets a good section of the stage, which widens your range, and defeats your foes defensive options.
+Food has fair priority.
+Can be spammed.
+Good Taunt

Neb

Smash Lord
When your about to run off the ledge, right before you leave it, you press either chef, bucket, or Judge, if performed with precision, you'll get a hefty boost as you leave the edge. Go to Mr. Esc's Oil Panic guide, there's a a section for Ledge Boosting, and a link to the OP.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Do fairs have the same ledge boost as chef or judgement?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
When your about to run off the ledge, right before you leave it, you press either chef, bucket, or Judge, if performed with precision, you'll get a hefty boost as you leave the edge. Go to Mr. Esc's Oil Panic guide, there's a a section for Ledge Boosting, and a link to the OP.
Then you can do sexy things like the Chef ledge boost->Dair spike or Fair->Fair I've done on one of my teammates. :colorful:

Neb

Smash Lord
Gagh! I would've pressed quote, but that would equal more rave.

And thank you, :).

Edit:
I think Chef can lock people against walls, like an Infinite; haven't looked deeper into it, though I've pulled it off for a short period. The food and the pan-spike kinda work in harmony, keeping your foe down and cookin'.

Neb

Smash Lord
Egh, I usually like to switch avatars and sometimes my sig when I get another 100 post count, I get bored of looking at it sometimes, lol. But this particular one is a cybernetic soldier, with a big nasty rocket launcher, haha. I decided I'd only do machine-related avatars.

Fancied the other one better too, :p.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I think Chef can lock people against walls, like an Infinite; haven't looked deeper into it, though I've pulled it off for a short period. The food and the pan-spike kinda work in harmony, keeping your foe down and cookin'.
I think I was trying something like that on Corneria's wall but my opponent was able to smash DI through it. Then again I haven't played this game in almost a month and I'm starting to forget things. :urg:

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Im not sure if im saying this right but here it goes..

The only time i use judgement is when i think i keep attking in a pattern.
One good way is a d-throw, to the other guy rolling out and predicting the roll and judgement.
Ive gotten a few 8's which i combo'd off but never a 9....

im still waiting on it xP

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Sorry, one last thing on Chef.

It can really hurt opponents that need a bair to approach, as it turns them around. DK is an example, and Ike loses speed when he is facing you so that could be an advantage.

We need NoJ or Lovage or someone else with good tournament experience to talk about the judgement. It is decently fast with good range and good priority, but I don't know how well it does against good players =[.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
you can run off the platform on battlefield at the beginning of the match and you ledgeboost and could get a 9 in the very beginning =D

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
So what we have now is the fact that if you do manage to get a hit there is an ~11% chance you will get a free kill..

And the other options aren't bad.

Good move on paper...

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
A combo I have been using is a B-air to Up-B to key. if they sheild the key either grab and juggle, throw the manhole cover, or charge the upsmash. If they roll away, roll with them and drop a judgement.

EDIT: Also concerning judgement, its really great the first time you use it, because it can't be a 1 or a 2 I believe. Anything 3 and above is helpful So in reality its a 66 percent chance of a success (barring a hit of course) a 22 percent chance of mediocrity, or a 11 percent chance of aww **** I rolled a one XD

Neb

Smash Lord
A combo I have been using is a B-air to Up-B to key. if they sheild the key either grab and juggle, throw the manhole cover, or charge the upsmash. If they roll away, roll with them and drop a judgement.
You're off topic.
-_-, read the OP.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
So what we have now is the fact that if you do manage to get a hit there is an ~11% chance you will get a free kill..

And the other options aren't bad.

Good move on paper...
9s dont kill at 0% if im not mistaken. But its worth a try i suppose

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
I did my first roll out 9, it was great! last stock, wario didnt see that coming...

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Been practicing the rollout move to judgement all day today....i successfully made it hit 6 times! It felt so great<3 i even made it hit 2 times on one match

Neb

Smash Lord
Say, whats the best ways to pull of Judge, besides out of dthrow. Roll out Judgment doesn't sound full proof since his roll is so slow and punishable, :/.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
I think its been done on the guide but i decided to do it too :]

This is at zero percent fighting Jigglypuff

1: 2% and 12 dmg to gw
2: 4% and sometimes causes tripping
3: 6% and is much like jp pound, its good to combo off
4 8% nothing else i noticed
5: 6% three hits each being 2%
6: 12% and okay knockback
7: 14% and apple droped recovers 4%
8: 9% and frezes, great to combo off
9: 32% doesnt always kill (exp on Fd stage "__":floor "<":arrow where hammer is aiming "o":Jp "x":Gw

________________o<x_

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Now Jigglypuffs knockback at 50 percent

1: Stays the same
2: Same
3: Behind you with one gw distance
4: 1/4 of final destination
5: Stays the same
6: 1/2 of Fd stage
7: 1/4 or a little more
8: same
9: a sure kill

Now at 100 percent

4: still 1/4
6: The whole fd stage, can be a kill depending on stage
7: moved up to 1/4

This is kinda sorta useless info but eh xP

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Say, whats the best ways to pull of Judge, besides out of dthrow. Roll out Judgment doesn't sound full proof since his roll is so slow and punishable, :/.
Spot dodge->Judgment. Also, I've done Nair->Judgment on a Wolf from 0%.

Neb

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I use nair to judgment sometimes, but its really dependent on you and your opponents DI. I've never done spot-dodge > Judge though. Anything else you guys do?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
If you do manage to get a 9 on the shield, it is hard to punish because, like Zelda's bair and fair, the game freezes for like half a second...

And the 5 often throws opponents off with its multiple hits, shieldgrabbing isnt easy.

With the 9 and 5 in the mixup, I find opponents prefer to roll to safety instead of trying to punish, its an interesting move that can really be used to condition opponents. They are a lot more dodgy knowing that one misstep = Kill

Kinda like how the second you get a full oil spill the opponent is a lot more defensive.

Top Bottom