• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anti-Lava Metroid Stage Thread

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
^ FYI, As diverse as the Metroid Prime levels were, don't count on seeing any in SSBB. Sakurai, and many other Japanese gamemakers, are not fond of the Prime sub-series. >_>

When you take all those possibilities out, what's left to represent Metroid? A whole lot of underground caverns and a space station. >_>

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Ummm... you point at what you wanna shoot. Then you shoot it.

I guess I wouldn't know what you were doing wrong, unless you just generally have problems with aiming things.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
i like the lava stage, particularly in brawl, and i feel like it's probably the stage that captures the franchise most effectively.

kraid level in melee was really fun also, though.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Yes, I have grown fond to SOME of the stages... but there are so many choices that could represent Metroid in Brawl as well. Not everything in Metroid in the smash world has to be lava-related. I do agree though, the stages have given us a unique perspective on these things, since they are the only stages that feature lava, but we could use ONE thing from the series that doesn't include that stuff.

if sakurai had a brain, he'd fix the online.
The online is fine. It’s just that you’re trying to compare it to the online modes of other systems, which is wrong.

I think the Artifact Temple is the best location from Metroid Prime. The towering Chozo statues could present potential stage hazards. And it is also another Ridley stage. :)

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
-Friend codes still in effect
-No talking to people that aren't on your friend list
-Can't set any options without friend codes
-No 1v1 online without friend codes
-Limited talking even WITH friend codes (unless voice chat pulls through for us)
-No adding to your friend list within the game
-Not always connected (if I am to assume this game is like all other Wii games). This means to see who happens to be online you have to sit through a connecting screen for a slim chance that one of your friends might be playing online
-No hosting/joining system

The list goes on.

-Friend codes still in effect
-No talking to people that aren't on your friend list
-Can't set any options without friend codes
-No 1v1 online without friend codes
-Limited talking even WITH friend codes (unless voice chat pulls through for us)
-No adding to your friend list within the game
-Not always connected (if I am to assume this game is like all other Wii games). This means to see who happens to be online you have to sit through a connecting screen for a slim chance that one of your friends might be playing online
-No hosting/joining system

The list goes on.
Well boo friggen hoo. Those things make online better, but that doesn't mean the online we have is bad now. Or needs to be fixed.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
it's broken and ****ty and worthless. these things are standardized in online gaming and nintendo threw all these tried and true methods out the window just because they want to make things simpler and not harm the little children out there. well the fact of the matter is:

A) This game is rated T for TEEN so nintendo can bugger off
B) They stripped out options that make the game too complicated even those these are options you have to set when you play OFFLINE
C) Instead of making an online system that sucks, they should have used that time and manpower to craft really good CPU AI. There would be no difference except that CPU's don't disconnect or lag.

You dropped the ball, Nintendo. Again.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Yes, kraidguy, you can send two line messages (preset before the match begins, mind you) to opponents on your friends list, but that doesn't count as talking. What would count as talking would be if the host could talk to the people who joined and, oh i dunno, ask them what level they want to play on. just for example.

or imagine how great it would be if you could say goodbye to your friend instead of just dropping out of the match and leaving your friend to wonder if you were disconnected, if they were disconnected, or if you just left to have a lovely dinner with your family.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Yes, but you don't see cuss words over the word hell, though. If it was any higher than that, it would be rated M. And the CPUs are an improvement. I hated when people dropped out. BTW, get back on topic. Create a thread about this if you wish, but don't dump it all here.

Good idea DPOC. Sakurai should take that into consideration.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Looks like we got our wish - a Metroid level without lava that represents a location from the Prime series.

It's not the coolest location the Prime games have to offer, sadly. But it looks reasonably cool.

It does still involve a rotating level tho... what's up with that?

Hopefully the rotation isn't so horrible that it becomes annoying. It doesn't look nearly as bad as Brinstar Depths as far as that tho, it might even be tourney playable since it only rotates in one way and it gives warning.

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
THis is a ridiculous thread. you are just whining about this for no reason. It is like saying why are all the star fox stages in space or why are all the mario stages in the mushroom kingdom

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Looks like this thread got it's wish with Frigate Orpheon. Also, Metroid Prime got representation hah!

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
id freakin laugh my @$$ off if the parasite queen fills up the room with acid. maybe sakurai just left that part out of the update ROFL ><

Top Bottom