• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anti-Lava Metroid Stage Thread

Norfair, I am sad to say, DOES seem to be the worst stage so far. Even Battlefield is better than it. And I absolutely LOVE Metroid too. Just... fighting over a box to live doesn't seem great.
Once again, I'm pretty sure it's not an automatic KO if you get hit by the wave. I don't even think Battlefield is a bad stage.

antimatter

Smash Lord
is no one commenting on mine because it is awesome, or because it is so mind blowingly stupid you pretend it doesn't exist?

Geist

Smash Master
well technically brinstar depths was lava free but thet stage was absolute garbage in every way shape and form.

And mother brain is in the background of brinstar in ssbm already.

I'd go with the phendrana drifts idea if anything. Dark Aether would be kind of complicated, and substituting lava/acid for dark matter doesnt seem very practical.

antimatter

Smash Lord
wasnt mother brain in the center of the brinstar depths spinny thing in addition?

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
What about a Tourian stage where every now and then a bunch of lasers and metroids try and kill/annoy you? Maybe there could be a vertically scrolling "escape route" of Tourian with the tiny platforms and the awesome escape music. That would be awesome.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hate to break it to you Kraid Guy but.... I "LIKE" lava stages, but yea I do have to agree that Sakurai could have at least include a different kind of stage, prefferably from MP3: Corruption

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Besides, I dont know anybody that really likes Brinstar Depths in melee. Its a neat stage, but most people dont like that it is so hazardous.
I like it, mostly because I thought the idea behind it was very cool. I don't wanna play on it all the time. And it's nowhere near as annoying as the Ice Climbers stage.
I say we add Tourian as a Metroid level, THAT would be awesome...
As someone said earlier - that'd be perfect for the SSE. Especially since you can't have Tourian without putting Mother Brain right in the middle of it. And then you have to fight her, so... SSE.

Anyway, I think Elysia would be a great stage.

I loved the steampunk + Cloud City setting. And no, it's not too similar to Pit's Skyworld (unfortunately, the name Sky Town is a bit similar). The only similarity in the setting is that it's floating in the sky, which is going to be true of many Smash stages. Kirby's Dreamland stage floats in the sky, Battlefield does as well, etc. The platforms don't need to have any similarity, and there could possibly be environmental hazards, or other things of interest. There could also be an interior section, to show off the way the insides of the structures look.

I mean, just look at it:

It looks amazing.

Phendrana Drifts and Crateria would also be good choices. Or even one of the desert areas, such as the Chozo Ruins in MP1 or Agon Wastes from MP2, considering that there haven't been any stages yet in a desert setting.

Or if they wanted to include an all water stage (or almost all water), just think how cool a Maridia or Torvus Bog stage would be.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
There are seriously too many options for a Metroid stage to pick from. I'll leave it up to Nintendo to think of the best option.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
When I think metroid, i dont really think vast fields and open blue skies. the underground stuff that they've done make me really feel like i'm in a metroid level.

and i like the lava.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Well... we already have a lava stage. What do you want, two lava stages in the same game?

I agree that one of the Metroid stages should be in a cave, or have lava, etc. The second one can represent something else. And nobody was recommending vast fields. Elysia has blue skies, but all the others would be pretty atmospheric, not bright and cheery (Elysia isn't even bright and cheery anyway, it's kinda hard to describe tho, I guess it's a little bit like a floating metal ghost-town). Phendrana drifts is frozen. Crateria is all rocks and water with sparse vegetation, and it would probably be raining. Torvus Bog is a swamp. Maridia is an underground sea.

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
Crateria and an iteration of Green Brinstar are the best stage options as they're both from Super Metroid, the arguable high point of the series as well as the most nostalgic game in the series.

As much as I would love to see content derived from the Metroid Prime subseries(Dark Samus and a Phaaze stage :D), it'll probably not happen...not as much worldwide appeal as the classic sidescrollers.

Someone had a good idea for a Crateria stage earlier in this topic. It involved the rocky topgraphy of the region and uses Samus's starship as a platform.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Well... we already have a lava stage. What do you want, two lava stages in the same game?

I agree that one of the Metroid stages should be in a cave, or have lava, etc. The second one can represent something else. And nobody was recommending vast fields. Elysia has blue skies, but all the others would be pretty atmospheric, not bright and cheery (Elysia isn't even bright and cheery anyway, it's kinda hard to describe tho, I guess it's a little bit like a floating metal ghost-town). Phendrana drifts is frozen. Crateria is all rocks and water with sparse vegetation, and it would probably be raining. Torvus Bog is a swamp. Maridia is an underground sea.
yeah, those levels just dont really represent the metroid series as a whole though, if you ask me.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Obviously other stages are present in the metroid series. duh.

i'm saying that those are the staples of that game. there's a desert level in sonic the hedgehog, but if they put in sandopolis it wouldn't make any sense, would it?

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
they should but a normal metroid stage in, because even the one in ssbm without lava was kraid flipping the entire stage around which was rather anoying, and there are numerous stages they could create from the metroid prime series, so i dont understand why they are on this standard of lava levels, cause there was ice levels in metroid too

Top Bottom