• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Yo BTree, people are there every Wednesday. And we have monthlies as well. I can try to amke it up.

also ~rh, BBCT? I haven't played it in ages. I play CS now

If I'm feeling better tomorrow, I might go to Xanadu, there's a lock-in tonight.

And lol @ Brandon. Of course he would do that!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The trip to Otakon just got more amazing in the past 24 hours. Going to Otakon from NYC and traveling with people is better than taking the 6+ hour bus ride alone, lol. Gonna sign up for Masquerade and play Smash....I can't ask for a better weekend.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Um Um Um Um...

OTAKON is kinda like a month away! WTF O_O I gotta start working on costumes WTFFFFFFFFF AM I GONNA WEAR!

I had to throw out some of my old costumes too (a lot of it was Peach related and Sniper Wolf related T__T).

I still wanna do Maka though from Soul Eater. But I wanna make at least one more pretty costume on top of that. IDK maybe...a FF character that isn't drastically overdone or I haven't seen someone cosplay perfectly as. Ugh decisions, decisions...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Um Um Um Um...

OTAKON is kinda like a month away! WTF O_O I gotta start working on costumes WTFFFFFFFFF AM I GONNA WEAR!

I had to throw out some of my old costumes too (a lot of it was Peach related and Sniper Wolf related T__T).

I still wanna do Maka though from Soul Eater. But I wanna make at least one more pretty costume on top of that. IDK maybe...a FF character that isn't drastically overdone or I haven't seen someone cosplay perfectly as. Ugh decisions, decisions...
FFFF ****it, you threw out the peach one? Ugh. ><;;

in anycase, if you're looking for FF related, you could try repping one of the players from FF4-6. Or maybe Garnet from FF8

Is there anyone planning to go to connecticon this year? I'm going to go with a friend and we'll be hanging out in artist alley (really, it's just me helping him).

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Lol garnet is from ff9...

Anyway it's something I gotta figure out myself really.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
If anyone can pre-order a ticket for me so I don't have to pay $75, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd do it myself but I had to handle a bunch of stuff with my car so it could pass inspection and then register it so my pockets are empty at the moment and I won't have the money by July 3rd

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
anyone going to CTCON or went last year? How was the tournaments?
I'm going to connecticon this year, but I havn't went last year. However, I have read on the forums that the tournament ran...eh, decently well. They didn't have the memory card for the wii, so not all the characters/stages were unlocked. This year they said to have the memory cards/have all of the characters unlocked for the game, but I'm going to bring my own just incase (it's an SD card, so I'm sure it'd work the same. >>)

And incase you wonder, every other tournament in there was decent with its own little problems. This year though, everything would be improved from last year.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'll be 18 next year.

Plan on going to the next CTCon as my first convention, hopefully will be an experience to remember.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Oh ****. Who's gonna meet up in the pre-registration line Thursday? And Okin, I need your number or some **** so I can call you on said day. Who's drinking/trolling with us that evening?

sunshade

Smash Ace
So this will be my first year heading out to otacon. What are the smash tourneys like? I entered one at anime usa and got quite the laugh when it was 1 round, final destination only, single elimination.

Top Bottom