• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Stars House o' Sigs (OFFICIALLY CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikapwr980

Smash Journeyman
L__, ok, that looks fine, I'd just put
L's Section
or something like that at the top. And put rules before examples.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

What do you guys think about seperating the shop into 2 branches?

Still both being The ALL Stars House o' Sigs, just one would be The ALL Stars House o' Sigs Section A & the same thing with Section B.

I feel that having all of us here is more convenient because we all just need to check one shop to see what everyone is up to and everyone checks in to cnc.

However 2 shops would have advantages as well, such as less clutter of otherpeople's work so it would make it easier to sort through and find all your requests.

So I'm going to put it to a vote. EVERYONE votes, majority wins. Tie vote and we will go with what the roadies think.

EDIT: I vote no. but I wouldn't mind if I get overturned.
well 2 shops is okay I guess just put an equal skill level in each thread

Agi

Smash Lord
Okay, this is the part where I go all sentimental and crap, so stay with me...

Since this shop was submitted on the 14th of july, We (okay, I just joined a week ago, but still) have discussed all sorts of topics COMPLETELY unrelated to the thread. In essence, this thread has become... a clan, of sorts. Rollerking, I'm guessing (here we go again with my guesses) that this is what Conker wanted to talk to you about. But do you really want all this to be broken up? Should we disband a clan? All this would do would lead to massive competition between the two parts of the shop, and general chaos all in all. Also, your whole "Big shop theory"... wouldn't breaking this shop in two completely eradicate all point of the advertisement part? Now, when one person gets a sig, it is an advertisement to only 4 or 5 members of the shop. how would that work out? I realize that you, rollerking, are voting no, but I hope that this will cause other people in the shop to see it our way.
Resubmitting this, because I don't think anyone noticed... > . > < . <

Roller

Smash Legend
Resubmitting this, because I don't think anyone noticed... > . > < . <
I noticed, and I appreciate your input.

I'm PERSONALLY with you.

And so are other people. But I've had multiple people suggest this idea to me and I am not THE owner of this shop. I am only as powerfull as any other member of this shop and every co-owner has the right to express their opinion. I'm not going to just dismiss an idea because I don't like it.

But like I said. I'm on your side. :)

Agi

Smash Lord
I noticed, and I appreciate your input.

I'm PERSONALLY with you.

And so are other people. But I've had multiple people suggest this idea to me and I am not THE owner of this shop. I am only as powerfull as any other member of this shop and every co-owner has the right to express their opinion. I'm not going to just dismiss an idea because I don't like it.

But like I said. I'm on your side. :)
Hey! someone noticed! :laugh:
Anyhoo, I mainly don't use this thread for sigs as much anymore... I come here for the pure rofls. Am I alone in this?

Agi

Smash Lord
Although I do come here for sigs, (obv) I still really enjoy the atmosphere here. Very relaxed atmosphere with a lot of joking.
...but the Rule of Thirds is an off limits topic. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
_________________________________________+_+_+_+
_________________________________________^_^_^_^

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok, so right now this is an EXTREMELY close vote.

Votes to stay together - 3 (Myself, Jeebus, FeZzy)
Votes to split- 3 (Dinkoman, L, Pikapwr)

the requesters/roadies seem to be heavily in favor of one shop. But like I said, that would only come into play if the decision is really close...

(which so far it is)

Shazy93

Smash Apprentice
If they want to split up, then let them. Because if you stay together, they'll get frustrated and most likely disband

gallax

Smash Hero
i have an idea that you guys may like. if you keep it one shop, then each person who is a sig maker should make their own thread. on the first page of the all star house o' sigs you make a link to each persons thread. this way any new sigs that that person makes or personal requests can go directly on their thread and it would be much easier to find and sort out. the main place can still be used for general discussion, general sigs and genereal sig requests, critiques, etc...

Roller

Smash Legend
If they want to split up, then let them. Because if you stay together, they'll get frustrated and most likely disband
I don't think you quite understand the situation... No one is being forced to stay here against their will...

Everyone is free to leave whenever they'd like.

Some people are just feeling that the shop is too cluttered, and want to open a second thread for the SAME shop.

Galax, It's not bad in theory...But introducing 11 new threads for sig shops simultaneously might cause problems. drops in request rate, as well as possibly being shut down by a mod. FDV has made it clear he thinks there are too many sig shops as it is, 11 new ones might just put him over the edge... But we already sort of have what you are talking about, on the first post it has a link to everyones "section" which they can go back and update as they see fit.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
hei guys umm when do u guys think my sig will be done? around when? :O not rushing or anything just asking :p i dont even no whos doing it XD

Gflare

Smash Journeyman

Votes to split- 3 (Dinkoman, L, Pikapwr)

the requesters/roadies seem to be heavily in favor of one shop. But like I said, that would only come into play if the decision is really close...

(which so far it is)
Dinko´s vote totally shouldn´t count. He gave no actual plausible reasons, all he did was be cowardly and vote people out of shop A and say he should stay on it... No reason to state something as controvercial as an opinion if you´re protected by your little mask... Not trying to bring another fight upon me, but I tell things as they are. I say you guys should totally stick together, why change things now? It has been working fine so far. Not that my vote counts but still.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
lol ok then thanks pika. Ill check back in here soon, um wen should I be looking for it like approx wen should i come back?

Conker315

Smash Lord
Thanks alot man. I love it! and, I don't want to sound pushy but, can I get 2 avatars? 1 size 130x130, and the other size 75x75
sure ill get to it tonight maybe
if im busy i cant
but by tomorrow morning ill have them done
and do u want them like the kira sig or differently??

EDIT:WHOAA!!!
forgot me there roller?
i vote to split of course
it was me who made u posting this of course

Okay, this is the part where I go all sentimental and crap, so stay with me...

Since this shop was submitted on the 14th of july, We (okay, I just joined a week ago, but still) have discussed all sorts of topics COMPLETELY unrelated to the thread. In essence, this thread has become... a clan, of sorts. Rollerking, I'm guessing (here we go again with my guesses) that this is what Conker wanted to talk to you about. But do you really want all this to be broken up? Should we disband a clan? All this would do would lead to massive competition between the two parts of the shop, and general chaos all in all. Also, your whole "Big shop theory"... wouldn't breaking this shop in two completely eradicate all point of the advertisement part? Now, when one person gets a sig, it is an advertisement to only 4 or 5 members of the shop. how would that work out? I realize that you, rollerking, are voting no, but I hope that this will cause other people in the shop to see it our way.

---side note---

I leave for 1 hour, and only 5 posts? come on, you can do better than that! XD
competition..??
u got it all wrong there
its just to not have the shop crowded..eventually more people will want to join and then what?? not ganna work with so many sig makers imo
and about the shop theory..nah it would go on the 2nd one also
we would just put that we needed 2 for our sig makers..it wont "break it" :laugh: ure funny btw
and the advertisement, etc. dont worry about that

Conker315

Smash Lord
no duh???
i had this idea way back
and yea it was me
kid m liked this idea
and L also

EDIT:
2 render sigs = fail, so there are like no tuts for such thing.
he just wont learn..i told everyone here that 2 render sigs = fail..they just wont listen tho

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Why do you have gimp and PS? A man is allowed because he is awesome like that. Lol. Gflare I are sorry about your ranking thread being closed :-( .

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i have a question, also to tell pistolz thanks for working on my porygon animation, and yeah sprite like would be awesome :), but my question is you know how there is pokesplicing? well would it be easy to do with brawl characters? I figure that way it would still only be one render, but you could have multiple characters...

Agi

Smash Lord

Votes to split- 4 (Dinkoman, L, Pikapwr, Conker)

(which so far it is)
All that we roadies have left is Lordunicorn, Pistolz, Blackknight, and Grandeza...

There should really be a "nailbite" emoticon. This is close...

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Why are we even voting? Dual threads is an asinine idea, will help nothing, and will only serve to confuse. No offense to those who support this idea.

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
(Blackknight Speaking) honestly the only reason for a split is because some think that only certain people are get requests when people are just postin (anybody do it) and those who aren't getting requests are stagging them up so it's a matter of you going forward and grabbing them. It's one of those things were if we split....yea there will be less traffic BUT there would be competion and someone would close shop so it's a gamble really it's whether or not who wants to go and who wants to stay

L no offense but you just joined and those who haven't been in for a certain amount of days(including myself) should really have no say so

(BLACKKNIGHT VOTES>>>>>>>>>>DRAMATTIC MUSIC) UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL (stay lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom