• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Sooo whenever I now try to play another hacked version of melee or regular melee for that matter, my Wii acts if though there is nothing saved onto my memory card when in fact there is melee data saved onto it. I've tried using a second memory card and even tried running a hacked version of melee that automatically has everything unlocked and it acts as though no nothing is unlocked at all. Other non-melee games load data fine. The only thing that will load for melee is a tag with the name "achilles" O_O what can I do so my Wii will load my melee data again?

~20%

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I get a crash whenever I try to go to an alternate stage. It's consistent across both Dolphin and Dios Mios. As soon as I hit down on the D-pad, it crashes. I've tried re-editing the ISO and using different tools (DMTool 0.3 and DiscEx), but nothing I do seems to change anything. Am I doing something wrong, or is there any further info I can provide to make diagnosing easier?

I really love it otherwise, though, I can already tell this is going to be a great practice tool.

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Sooo whenever I now try to play another hacked version of melee or regular melee for that matter, my Wii acts if though there is nothing saved onto my memory card when in fact there is melee data saved onto it. I've tried using a second memory card and even tried running a hacked version of melee that automatically has everything unlocked and it acts as though no nothing is unlocked at all. Other non-melee games load data fine. The only thing that will load for melee is a tag with the name "achilles" O_O what can I do so my Wii will load my melee data again?
The hack pack seems to mess with my save files as well. I've jus been pulling my memcard before loading the hack pack.

Geranimo

Smash Cadet
^ same here i found that removing your mem card b4 loading dios mios reduce the crash risk by like 75%

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
The hack pack seems to mess with my save files as well. I've jus been pulling my memcard before loading the hack pack.
So if I load my 20XX pack without my memory card then load up another hacked version with my memory card it will work fine???

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Dang…idk anything about memory cards - I never use one. I hope it didnt permanently mess stuff up. Idk why it would, but I also don't know anything about the memory card protocol. I'll edit the OP when I get home to tell people to not play this with their memory cards.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I get a crash whenever I try to go to an alternate stage. It's consistent across both Dolphin and Dios Mios. As soon as I hit down on the D-pad, it crashes. I've tried re-editing the ISO and using different tools (DMTool 0.3 and DiscEx), but nothing I do seems to change anything. Am I doing something wrong, or is there any further info I can provide to make diagnosing easier?

I really love it otherwise, though, I can already tell this is going to be a great practice tool.
Are you hitting D-pad down at the stage select screen? Because it needs to be done at the character select screen. Just press it once on the CSS and then load the stage select screen and it should be different.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Dang…idk anything about memory cards - I never use one. I hope it didnt permanently mess stuff up. Idk why it would, but I also don't know anything about the memory card protocol. I'll edit the OP when I get home to tell people to not play this with their memory cards.
That's alright, is there a way for me to load your 20XX iso without it having the codes that has everything unlocked on it?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Theoretically yes, but there would be no way to reverse everything perfectly. As previously mentioned, the version for solid black is done and is going to be released sometime next week.
Sham Rock, when I talked with IE about some stage select things, he brought up an interesting point in regards to the stage select icons. So when the stage select icon textures are loaded into the RAM, there must be a pointer somewhere for each stage that tells it to load the texture beginning at a specific line. Idk if running through these pointers happens every frame while on the SSS but it might be possible to change a pointer for stage icon to start loading the "?" Texture instead of the normal stage one. And then we could replace the "?" icon with whatever. But now that I think about it, this post may be pointless to you because I think you had changing stages to "?" working anyway, if I'm not mistaken. The problem still stands with the FD, BF, and the past stages not having "?" Icons.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
That's alright, is there a way for me to load your 20XX iso without it having the codes that has everything unlocked on it?
If you go to the DOL mods thread, you can look at the DOL mod for unlocking all chars. Then open up the 20XX DOL in a hex editor and change the specific values back to their defaults. That info is in the DOL mods thread.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Were you able to get any codes working? I was about to give up on this hack until Achilles gave us the .dol mod. I cannot get codes to work.

Edit to avoid double post:

Really enjoying the update! 1Player mode doesn't crash/freeze. Would it be possible to make a code that simulates more human recovery options for Fox and Falco? Real players use a mix of side-B and they sweet spot the ledge with Up B. It would be great for edge guarding practice.
I've been thinking of a way to make them side B. pretty sure I can do it. I would have no idea how to do angled firefoxes without having a memory address that gives the edge horizontal coordinates of a stage (because this changes per stage). If I had this, i could probably write something to say if player 2's coordinates = (some value x away from edge + edge position) and y coordinate equals however high for an angled down firefox, then [sometimes] do an angled firefox. Idk, it would get a little hairy, especially including all the different angles.

BluntMaster

Smash Rookie
Finally got it working on my Wii via SD card. This is incredible. Thanks for all your hard work!

~20%

Smash Rookie
Are you hitting D-pad down at the stage select screen? Because it needs to be done at the character select screen. Just press it once on the CSS and then load the stage select screen and it should be different.
Ahhhh, CSS meaning "character select screen." I should have known that. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work!

hectohertz

Smash Ace
So nqztv tested this and it's now confirmed to be a problem in the vanilla game (via debug menu), and not just the hack pack.
yeah this is something that's been known to those of us who are fans of the debug menu. not sure why collision bubbles just don't work on dreamland, but its definitely true in vanilla. on a sidenote: if you've never played invisible melee on dreamland, you're not living.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking of a way to make them side B. pretty sure I can do it. I would have no idea how to do angled firefoxes without having a memory address that gives the edge horizontal coordinates of a stage (because this changes per stage). If I had this, i could probably write something to say if player 2's coordinates = (some value x away from edge + edge position) and y coordinate equals however high for an angled down firefox, then [sometimes] do an angled firefox. Idk, it would get a little hairy, especially including all the different angles.
Even just Side-B would be awesome. Is it also possible to do sweet spots that aren't angled Firefoxes? All CPUs recover way past the ledge with their Up B. A real Marth would dip as low, and be as far away from the ledge as he can get away with before using Up B. Same with Captain Falcon and a number of other characters. Anything to make edge-guarding more realistic would be awesome.

I hope I don't sound too whiney though. This pack is awesome. I haven't had this much fun since project M first came out.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
How do I get version 2.02 to not boot to character select screen?

Also btw zelda cpu never starts as sheik, and after Zelda transforms to sheik during a match the random teching+di wears off and the sheik cpu behaves like a regular cpu
read the OP. you need to press Z when you've highlighted zelda.

and you need to replace the DOL with a different version. read the thread.

SmashShard

Smash Rookie
I made a banner and boxart for this mod to be used with WiiFlow or any other USB Loader.

Super Smash Bros. Melee 20XX Edition [20XX01]

crush

Smash Master
read the OP. you need to press Z when you've highlighted zelda.

and you need to replace the DOL with a different version. read the thread.
I thought the different version of the dol without boot to CSS that Achilles posted was for the version that crashes without P2?

Also my bad didn't know u had to press z lol

Theftz22

Smash Lord
If anyone has the 1.02 DOL mods for flash on l cancel and white shield during stun, let me know. I looked through the gecko thread and couldn't find them.

Heckran

Smash Rookie
While we're on the topic, is there any way to make it so that Marth recovers more humanly as well? CPU Marth recoveries are a joke.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright, it looks like the code to have the characters turn white on shield stun has the side effect of not having any of the p2 cpu modes to work properly (they just stand still).
Turns out IE and I were using the same injection point. Try this one and let me know how it goes.

Turn White During Shield Stun (1.02)
C206B810 00000009
7F03C378 81C30070
2C0E00B5 40820034
3DC0C200 91C30518
91C3051C 91C30520
91C30524 39E00000
91E30528 91E3052C
91E30530 91E30534
39E00091 99E30564
CBE10070 00000000

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I made a banner and boxart for this mod to be used with WiiFlow or any other USB Loader.

Super Smash Bros. Melee 20XX Edition [20XX01]

HA! This is awesome! I love the idea. Btw, I can get you high quality character cutouts of them doing pretty much anything in-game, with transparent backgrounds and such. Let me know if you need anything.

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
Sham Rock, when I talked with IE about some stage select things, he brought up an interesting point in regards to the stage select icons. So when the stage select icon textures are loaded into the RAM, there must be a pointer somewhere for each stage that tells it to load the texture beginning at a specific line. Idk if running through these pointers happens every frame while on the SSS but it might be possible to change a pointer for stage icon to start loading the "?" Texture instead of the normal stage one. And then we could replace the "?" icon with whatever. But now that I think about it, this post may be pointless to you because I think you had changing stages to "?" working anyway, if I'm not mistaken. The problem still stands with the FD, BF, and the past stages not having "?" Icons.
Yeah, that was the first thing I was trying to achieve. It was possible, only issue with it was the icons on the bottom are of a slightly different format, so forcing all to the standard "?" is impossible (or at least while being aesthetically pleasing to the eye).

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Turns out IE and I were using the same injection point. Try this one and let me know how it goes.

C206B810 00000009
7F03C378 81C30070
2C0E00B5 40820034
3DC0C200 91C30518
91C3051C 91C30520
91C30524 39E00000
91E30528 91E3052C
91E30530 91E30534
39E00091 99E30564
CBE10070 00000000
yep, that fixed it on my end! now the cpu won't just stand there if the turn white during shield stun is enabled!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
While we're on the topic, is there any way to make it so that Marth recovers more humanly as well? CPU Marth recoveries are a joke.
Technically, yes. We could make it much better. But it would take a lot of work to make it even somewhat like a human. I'm not even going to think about doing this unless we get more available code lines

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I tested on Wii and I have suggestions.

///////////////////////
// Important stuff

I think "State save" command has to be changed to a little more difficult command (for wrongly input).
For example, D-pad right -> A + D-pad right.

As you know, when there is no state save, "state load" will freeze.
How about "State load" command is "State save" only when there is no state save.

3. *I really think this is great if possible
"InGameToggles" can be ON/OFF in the Debug menu, like widescreen, skip result, random music.

For now "20XX Hack" is only for training because a lot of things can be changed by P1.
We can't use for ordinary playing, though there is great "Stage striking".
But if "InGameToggles" being ON/OFF in debug menu is possible, 20XX hack can be also played ordinarily.

//////////////////////
// a little thing

"P2 Falco's SH Laser (R+D-pad right)" 's "Random Laser Level".
If the level of laser is random like human's SH Laser, we can train PowerShield better.

When Widescreen is on, the position of loupe is not on the edge of screen.
For now, there is distance between loupe and edge of screen.
Can this be fixed?

To use "Alternate stages", press D-pad down on "CSS".
But if we press D-pad down on SSS, the game will crash.
Can D-pad down input be NOT applied on SSS?

I don't know why, state load sometimes applies only to P2.

////////////////
// Question
Do you plan to make 20XX Hack Package for 1.00?

Last edited:

Doser

Smash Ace

C206B810 00000009
7F03C378 81C30070
2C0E00B5 40820034
3DC0C200 91C30518
91C3051C 91C30520
91C30524 39E00000
91E30528 91E3052C
91E30530 91E30534
39E00091 99E30564
CBE10070 00000000
That fixed it. Thanks for all your hard work.

---

Another bug I noticed: Hitboxes are also invisible on pokemon stadium, both with transformations and without.

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Hey, has anyone had experience with the display being offset weirdly in training mode. The options usually found on the left hand side of the screen are halfway outside the left hand side of the screen and the icons on the right are close to the middle. This is the case with the widescreen hack both on and off. Also, the game looks "narrow" in the menu screens. They don't occupy the whole screen as they normally would.

Also, I was just trying Yoshi's forward air into Bowsers infinite shield in training mode and managed to crash it on impact. Any idea what would be causing this?

Last edited:

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
You've just lost your data forever. You essentially saved new data over existing data.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I have another request. Would it be possible to make the left trigger button NOT activate shield, but still activate air dodge? I'm trying to train myself to use right trigger for shield and left trigger for wavedashing OOS, but I keep instinctively shielding with left trigger. Turning off tap jump in Brawl/PM can teach you to use the buttons really effectively, so I figure the same logic works here.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
LOL. I had a case of PBR for the Shuffle V tournament (Feb. 22) and finally finished it two weeks ago...

And I can't code all day anymore. I started my full time job this week so I'm a real person now!
achilles you are my hero
i cannot thank you enough for this hackpack
:)

D

Deleted member

I think "State save" command has to be changed to a little more difficult command (for wrongly input).
For example, D-pad right -> A + D-pad right.
A would cause the player to do an action, so it has to be D-pad right/down.
The best way to fix this is to be able to toggle it in the debug menu. When booted, it should start with save states off.

Small bug in training mode. (Ignore this)
If you enter the game with your controller in the P2 port and try to turn on hitboxes, you turn them on for the CPU. This is really small so it doesn't need to be fixed, and I actually find it kind of nice.

@achilles- congratz on landing a job man!

kickass box art
Can you upload high-res images of the box art and a to-scale Melee icon bitmap to mediafire or a dropbox? With a bitmap of the mini banner people even without usb loader can update their game's icon natively through GCR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom