• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
NEW EVIDENCE FOUND FOR DLC!

Kaphotics has been ROM dumping the text from the game, and uploading it to his PasteBin.

This was found in it:

"You will need to update the
software via Nintendo eShop
before using the in-game shop."

KAPHOTICS PASTEBIN: http://pastebin.com/u/Kaphotics
....was the file removed?
I only see Pokemon X/Y stuff and Smash Bros. trophy descriptions.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Just remember that they said there would be different collectible trophies for each version of the game.
Plus someone in Europe said to have seen models of not Bandana Dee or Isaac, but of Ridley along with Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Chorus Men.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So here's an interesting rumor post about Isaac maybe being playable. Id say take it with a grain of salt, its seems kinda questionable, but intriguing at the same time. And I don't think its been proven fake, at least yet.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So here's an interesting rumor post about Isaac maybe being playable. Id say take it with a grain of salt, its seems kinda questionable, but intriguing at the same time. And I don't think its been proven fake, at least yet.
That's an interesting rumor/leak.

Actually if Rune Factory did get a rep it'd be a nice nod to the poor franchise. Don't know how likely that is though. At least it's worded well

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Kaphotics has been ROM dumping the text from the game, and uploading it to his PasteBin.

This was found in it:

well then unless this guy deliberately lied to troll everyone DLC is confirmed

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Probably not true, anyway who starts off with stuff like 'choose to believe me or not, really don’t care.' are usually lying. :p
But seriously, this seems off. He has no evidence to back his claim and also some other things sound odd.

Luigi77

Smash Rookie
I hear Smash stage DLC rumors going around and it sounds like an interesting topic to keep a tab on. If there IS stage DLC for the Wii U version then I'll get it (no 3DS for me, don't have one), but this is interesting nonetheless.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Just remember that they said there would be different collectible trophies for each version of the game.
Plus someone in Europe said to have seen models of not Bandana Dee or Isaac, but of Ridley along with Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Chorus Men.
Yeah, but its strange for Isaac not to be in the 3ds version as a trophy, considering he's from primarily a portable series of games. His absence is the most fishy. Moreso than Ridley and Bandana Dee's, since they are from mostly console based franchises.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Yeah, but its strange for Isaac not to be in the 3ds version as a trophy, considering he's from primarily a portable series of games. His absence is the most fishy. Moreso than Ridley and Bandana Dee's, since they are from mostly console based franchises.
Kirby did start out as a handheld series, and has many more portable games than home console games. However, Bandana Waddle Dee (just Waddle Dee prior to Triple Deluxe) did originate on the SNES (Megaton Punch in Kirby Super Star/Kirby's Fun Pak), and his most important role was in Kirby's Return to Dream Land/Kirby's Adventure Wii on the Wii. Metroid started out on the NES (Famicom Disk System if you want to get technical), and has half of the "main" (non Prime; the main series is Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission, and Metroid: Other M) games on home consoles, and the original Ridley appeared in Metroid, Super, Fusion (debatable), and Zero Mission; he also was in every Prime (Prime, Prime Pinball, Prime Hunters, Prime 2: Echoes, Prime 3: Corruption) game except Hunters, one of which (Pinball) is handheld. Ridley is a console character, while Bandana Waddle Dee is half home-console and half handheld.

TL;DR: Kirby is a mostly handheld series, with Bandana appearing in two home console and two handhelds. Metroid is mostly a home console series, and Ridley mostly appears on consoles.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Kirby did start out as a handheld series, and has many more portable games than home console games. However, Bandana Waddle Dee (just Waddle Dee prior to Triple Deluxe) did originate on the SNES (Megaton Punch in Kirby Super Star/Kirby's Fun Pak), and his most important role was in Kirby's Return to Dream Land/Kirby's Adventure Wii on the Wii. Metroid started out on the NES (Famicom Disk System if you want to get technical), and has half of the "main" (non Prime; the main series is Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission, and Metroid: Other M) games on home consoles, and the original Ridley appeared in Metroid, Super, Fusion (debatable), and Zero Mission; he also was in every Prime (Prime, Prime Pinball, Prime Hunters, Prime 2: Echoes, Prime 3: Corruption) game except Hunters, one of which (Pinball) is handheld. Ridley is a console character, while Bandana Waddle Dee is half home-console and half handheld.

TL;DR: Kirby is a mostly handheld series, with Bandana appearing in two home console and two handhelds. Metroid is mostly a home console series, and Ridley mostly appears on consoles.
Well again, that doesn't compare to Isaac from Golden Sun, who is the main character of a strictly handheld series. Like I said, Bandana Dee and Ridley's absence from the 3ds version is justifiable, but not Isaac.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
To comment on the character's "absence" from certain versions of the game.... this point seems very biased to me personally. This is where the, "____ is only on the Wii U", or "______ is important enough that they should have been on both versions" come into play. Also, I think Sakurai has done enough to prove to us that even when we THINK a character is deconfirmed 100%, we could be wrong (even then this statement is biased, i.e. Dark Pit, Ridley, MewTwo.)

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
I think we all need to continue keeping in mind that Sakurai has pledged that the roster for both versions will be the same.

All these characters, as DLC? On top of everything else?
I hold my doubts that the 3DS can handle the volume, so unless he's planning it as a New3DS and Wii U exclusive thing, I say let's not hold our collective breath for most of these characters, even if the evidence turns out to be strong.

EmeraldCobra

Smash Rookie
This is Seriously getting crazy i like it :D

Like really im sorrry but we could get a buttload of DLC now

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Oh PLEASE let this be true!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Rune Factory? It's not even a Nintendo franchise, and a spin-off of the larger Harvest Moon at that.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think it's pretty damn obvious that we're getting DLC in some way shape or form.
Be it an in-game shop, Wii U link, or packs like Mario Kart 8.

I mean, the 3DS version alone sold over a million copies in like two days in just Japan. Nintendo would have to be nuts not to capitalize on Smash Bros with DLC.

I'm hoping both versions of the game have very long futures ahead of them.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Needs more Mewtwo, if I should say so, myself.

As one of the hyped 3, though, I'm pretty sure that if DLC characters are a thing, Mewtwo will be one of them.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I wonder how Isaac would fare against fellow RPG heroes like Shulk and Robin... Regardless, I think Isaac's series shouldn't go unnoticed, since his appearance in Brawl was what got me into Golden Sun, and I think it'd be cool if all of his specials involve the four elements of Alchemy, like Robin.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I wonder how Isaac would fare against fellow RPG heroes like Shulk and Robin... Regardless, I think Isaac's series shouldn't go unnoticed, since his appearance in Brawl was what got me into Golden Sun, and I think it'd be cool if all of his specials involve the four elements of Alchemy, like Robin.

Robin's specials are the FE magic, not alchemy at all.

Though that post had me confused at first, I thought he was talking about Morgan for a second and that his/her FS involved Nowi/Tiki

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Robin's specials are the FE magic, not alchemy at all.

Though that post had me confused at first, I thought he was talking about Morgan for a second and that his/her FS involved Nowi/Tiki
I know, I was just saying that the way in which Isaac could use alchemy could be similar to Robin's magic. Hopefully not so similar that it crosses the clone boundary. And we know how much people hate clones...

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Ridley appeared in every Prime (Prime, Prime Pinball, Prime Hunters, Prime 2: Echoes, Prime 3: Corruption) game except Hunters.
I hate to come in out of nowhere and correct you, but Ridley is not in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes at all. He's in all the other Prime games, though (except Hunters, which you said).

So he's in every Prime except Hunters & Prime 2. It doesn't change the point you were making, it just stuck out to me.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Rune Factory? It's not even a Nintendo franchise, and a spin-off of the larger Harvest Moon at that.
^ This. All you really need to see if Nintendo owns the IP or at is 2nd party like the Pokemon. This would be third party, and not very well recognized to be included

Coq1

Smash Rookie
I really get the feeling we're hoping for some new things to come out with the Wii U version and/or DLC and that it won't happen and that everybody will be disapointed.

Isaac in sm4sh would make my day/week/month/year/decade, and I would be happy to see other characters on top of the already cool roster we have (especially veterans...), but all those leaks and rumors generate a little bit too much hype that might backfire when/if they turn out to not lead to anything.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

This was found in it:

Oh my! D-Does that mean the possibility of a playable Isaac Matthew!?

All in, I think it's still too soon to be hyped. It may be stage DLC, so I rather not get my hopes up, and then have them crushed.
8 man modes? DLC stages? That must me-

8 MAN HYRULE TEMPLE!!
Didn't think about an 8 Man mode. That'd be great, but would that be technically possible in the (current) 3DS?

Last edited:

espio87

Smash Ace
Didn't think about an 8 Man mode. That'd be great, but would that be technically possible in the (current) 3DS?
I seriously doubt it. The 60 fps would drop like an anvil and I don't think Sakurai would want that. The new 3DS may handle it, but the current 3DS? No way.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
ok wait why are we all freaking out, the pastebin folder has 2 things in it and neither says anything about dlc

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ok wait why are we all freaking out, the pastebin folder has 2 things in it and neither says anything about dlc
It says an update is required, also known as patches, this means either balancing patches, stages (something already proven to be DLC later) or characters. If person A has the update but person B does not, person B must updates their copy or will otherwise not be able to play the game

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just a tidbit about DLC and Isaac. I'm pretty sure Camelot is credited in this game. Their only works for Nintendo are Mario Golf/Tennis and Golden Sun.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just a tidbit about DLC and Isaac. I'm pretty sure Camelot is credited in this game. Their only works for Nintendo are Mario Golf/Tennis and Golden Sun.
Sorry, Waluigi debuted in Tennis, so it doesn't mean much IMO

Anyway, reason I am here!
BDee: Main character whos latest appearance was a 3ds game, although KTD may be considered to new, it was certainly developed before Smash was announced! Strange that there's no BDee stuff. Would love DLC
Isaac: I know nothing except that he's from GS, part of the big 4, and that the thing he does in Brawl isn't an attack in GS, no reason not to put him in there, franchise is handheld exclusive unless VC counts
He who shall cause riots: One of, if not THE most requested characters. Last appearance was DOA Dimensions, where he appeared on the Geometrical Power Plant as a boss, main villain, been in all but 3 games, including remakes. no reason at all that we don't get a trophy, and considering that the shadow's wings don't match with Other M's design, it may be to hide a redesign, but why hype that up

Spirst

Not finding anything about the Esop in any of those files.
I don't get why people aren't paying this more mind. The pastebin hasn't been updated since the 24th (it's the 26th here), and the files don't say anything about the eshop.
Unless I'm missing something, everyone here is going just by word of mouth and is too excited that they're looking over the fact that actual evidence is required.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't get why people aren't paying this more mind. The pastebin hasn't been updated since the 24th (it's the 26th here), and the files don't say anything about the eshop.
Unless I'm missing something, everyone here is going just by word of mouth and is too excited that they're looking over the fact that actual evidence is required.
I don't remember Pokemon X and Y mentioning the E-shop when I needed to update my copy with a patch

Spirst

I don't remember Pokemon X and Y mentioning the E-shop when I needed to update my copy with a patch
That's not the problem. The problem is that the pastebin link posted doesn't actually have any files uploaded that reference this. I'm all for DLC, but I'd rather see the ROM dump myself.

Top Bottom